Holy fuck, this is going straight into the supported addons once it's released! <3

Haleks, could you at least add AR-15 from HLC weapons pack to Ravage too, since it's too much for all weapons to be added? AKs are fine, but they cannot receive attachments, primarily flashlight and MRCO optics. :icon_wink:

the script is some pages ago but ....

just create your mission, add this AT THE END of the init.sqf of your mission:

rvg_mainweapons means standard weapons

rvg_weapons for military grade weapons

rvg_lmg for machine guns

rvg_items are standard items you'll find on Bandits bodies

rvg_uniqueItems are items rarest to find (like tools boxes, geiger counter etc...)

rvg_uniformes_lv1 for standard uniform, lv2 for military uniforms, lv3 for radiation protective suits

rvg_weaponsItems for all weapons lights, sights, silencers and any attached weapon accessories

With large arrays like you have, you don't necessarily need to loop through it with a forEach command. A3 has the append command:

waitUntil {!isNil "rvg_gearlist"};

rvg_mainWeapons append ["FLAY_CompoundBow","FLAY_RecurveBow","other_gun_classname_of_your_choice","other_gun_classname_of_your_choice"];
  • Like 1

@Haleks

After taking a break from the DIY i thought i'd try out the latest update, which as usual is very cool. Problem i'm having is how do you gut a rabbit for instance? Although i have a knife, no option to gut animal is coming up. I have survival module and i take it that's what i need or is the gutting on permanently? Or am i missing something? Weather, music and everything else is fine but unable to gut my end. 

Also i don't know if it's related to RAVAGE but i stole an armed vehicle and when i dismount the ai seem to target that rather than me. I am using ACE_AI if that makes a difference, so it may be that. Thought i'd ask. ;)

I double clicked a sleeping back and was inside a house, because it told me I need shelter. After the animation the sleeping bag was gone. I guess it is under the wooden floor of the house...

I double clicked a sleeping back and was inside a house, because it told me I need shelter. After the animation the sleeping bag was gone. I guess it is under the wooden floor of the house...

same for me in some wooden floor houses. you might get it back in your inventory if you have chance to point on the very little aera  to allow the action "inventory".

in some others houses, the sleeping bag appears to be clippped partialy into the floor.

OK. @Haleks, your mission uses time acceleration. How is that done? Because my music mods playback intervals use ingame time (not sure if ArmA can access PC time). So I wish there was a possibility to access the factor of time acceleration. But I guess its done by "skiptime" in small doses?

EDIT: YAY!

timeMultiplier

OK. @Haleks, your mission uses time acceleration. How is that done? Because my music mods playback intervals use ingame time (not sure if ArmA can access PC time). So I wish there was a possibility to access the factor of time acceleration. But I guess its done by "skiptime" in small doses?

No, skiptime isn't fluid enough, I use setTimeMultiplier instead (default value in Ravage is 4). ;)

Regarding the above issues : sleeping bag placement isn't perfect yet, I'll try to find whatever is causing this...

As for the "Gut Animal" action, I can't reproduce it; it's definitely working on my end, including after quitting/restarting the game and reloading a save.

Make sure you're aiming at it when checking your action menu - the action should be there, whether you have a knife or not.

I have an alternative method in mind to replace the action entry, but before that I'd like to find out what's going on with the current one... Quick question to people experiencing the issue : do you have the "Remove Chemlight" action once you've attached one?

Okay, forget what I said above : there is something wrong with one of the functions handling the hunting features...

Going to work on it ASAP.

• Like 2

Okay, forget what I said above : there is something wrong with one of the functions handling the hunting features...

Going to work on it ASAP.

Glad to see you're only human Haleks. ;)

• Like 1

Glad to see you're only human Haleks. ;)

^^

More infos about the "Gut action" glitch : the mod relies on custom eventhandlers to assign a variable to killed animals, wich would then make the "Gut Animal" action available.

Problem is : wild life spawned by the game aren't using those EH... The worst thing is that those spawned animals are totally ignored by several script commands such as CursorTarget or nearEntities, making the action menu solution even more complicated.

I ended up completely re-writting the hunting system; seems to be working well so far.

The only downside is that you can't gut with anything else than a gutting knife (you'll need to double-click on it in your iventory).

I'll do some tests and look into a few things reported earlier; expect a hotfix² soon!

• Like 3

HI, recently started playing ravage, just before the last update, so not sure if im missing something here, but i cant seem to refill my jerrycan at the petrol station, have tried the main pump, the small barrels with the explosive hazard sign, and the large rusty cylinder Vat. any pointers appreciated.

Thanks for an awesome sp zombie mod, been wanting something like this for a long time

btw, hunting and gutting appears to be working fine on my end even with the random animal spawns from TWP mods, just fyi :D

• Like 1

HI, recently started playing ravage, just before the last update, so not sure if im missing something here, but i cant seem to refill my jerrycan at the petrol station, have tried the main pump, the small barrels with the explosive hazard sign, and the large rusty cylinder Vat. any pointers appreciated.

Thanks for an awesome sp zombie mod, been wanting something like this for a long time

btw, hunting and gutting appears to be working fine on my end even with the random animal spawns from TWP mods, just fyi :D

Hi!

You need to double-click on a jerrycan in your inventory to fill it at fuel pumps; I'll make sure nothing has changed with Arma3 1.54, but that part should be working all right.

Thanks for the heads-up on TPW : I'm guessing Tpw uses an alternative method to spawn wild life animals, wich is why the eventhandlers are kicking in. Hopefully the new method will work just as well with vanilla content. ;)

Hi!

You need to double-click on a jerrycan in your inventory to fill it at fuel pumps; I'll make sure nothing has changed with Arma3 1.54, but that part should be working all right.

Thanks for the heads-up on TPW : I'm guessing Tpw uses an alternative method to spawn wild life animals, wich is why the eventhandlers are kicking in. Hopefully the new method will work just as well with vanilla content. ;)

thanks for the quick response, i have tried double clicking next to a fuel pump, but i keep getting a small pop up message in the middle of the screen saying 'no fuel nearby', is there a chance that fuel pumps can be generated empty in the world, if so im very unlucky, 3 stations where there is no fuel :/

• Like 1

Are you playing on an Arma2 map?

I've just noticed that the current code doesn't account for Arma2 objects... :/

no mate playing on Altis, my mods are as follows;

Ravage

CBA

TRYK

RHS

MAS

RYD Incoginto

TPW

Everything works fine so far, with the exception of the fuel pumps, could it be i dont have a syphon hose? havent found one yet

No you don't need a hose to gather fuel from pumps.

Could you give it a try with Ravage + CBA only? It is working fine for me.

Also is your game up-to-date?

okay will do, arma is updated to latest version, as are all mods. also noticed a couple of things with vehicles;

1.after crashing my car driving through a field in the dark, i hoped out to repair it (had a full inventory and 2 companions inside) attempted to repair, no option in scroll list. told ai to disembark and tried again, and again no scroll down option.

2 went back to another vehicle i passed i my mad offroad venture, repaired it just fine, and returned to my ai companions and vehicle to swap inventories, only to find my previous vehicle had despawned, along with my life's possessions haha.

will try running 'vanilla' now, but may take a while to report back as need to find vehicle, toolbox etc.

Are you playing on an Arma2 map?

I've just noticed that the current code doesn't account for Arma2 objects... :/

is it possible  to make more loot spawn  points for J-Bad buildings?

i dont know if they have different  classnames tho

okay will do, arma is updated to latest version, as are all mods. also noticed a couple of things with vehicles;

1.after crashing my car driving through a field in the dark, i hoped out to repair it (had a full inventory and 2 companions inside) attempted to repair, no option in scroll list. told ai to disembark and tried again, and again no scroll down option.

2 went back to another vehicle i passed i my mad offroad venture, repaired it just fine, and returned to my ai companions and vehicle to swap inventories, only to find my previous vehicle had despawned, along with my life's possessions haha.

will try running 'vanilla' now, but may take a while to report back as need to find vehicle, toolbox etc.

did you steal it off the a.i?