Wait, how about if you make most of the dogs hostile, and then a random chance to spawn a friendly one that acts as a team member called "Dogmeat"? Would make people feel sad if they accidentally kill Dogmeat. Or maybe just one dog on the map that spawns in a random "Safe" location called Dogmeat and is classified as a Civilian so Bandits don't shoot him.

• Like 2

Friendly dogs aren't out of the equation, but it won't happen until animal behaviours are fixed somehow : in their current state, dogs (or any other animal) will bring more frustration than anthing. :/

• Like 2

This is great! Played the RAVAGE a couple of hours and added a lot of mod´s to it, having a lot of fun. Thanks for this and keep up the good work! :)

• Like 1

Hey Haleks, how long until the update comes out? I really don't want to make another mission until the update is out. Though, I have been playing the ArmA 3 Campaign a lot. :3 I've been doing it as a UNSC Marine.

This is great! Played the RAVAGE a couple of hours and added a lot of mod´s to it, having a lot of fun. Thanks for this and keep up the good work! :)

Thanks mate!

@laurentyler : No ETA other than "sometime next week". ;)

I made some major modifications to the loot & radiation systems, and those need to be tested extensively.

By the way, the new loot spawn method has greatly reduced the number of objects spawned around the player. Big cities such as Kavala should be much more enjoyable regarding framerate.

While it probably won't make a difference on Arma2 terrains, islands using Arma3 buildings (wich are more demanding on the CPU) should see a nice FPS boost. :)

• Like 2

...Big cities such as Kavala should be much more enjoyable regarding framerate...

I ve been to Kavala all-and-all 4-5 times from ArmA3 Alpha

i ve seen the framerate..and never got back again...

haleks, would you mind telling me which font you used for the RAVAGE Logo itself? Searching the whole web for it but couldn´t find anything close to it. Thanks in advance :)

@Haleks

I've ported RAVAGE to Sahrani, would you be able to add any missing buildings (Land_dum_mesto2) for example to the loot list. Loot spawns at already added listed buildings but i think there's a few that haven't been added. I know the focus is on Altis so this is merely a request for when you have the time. Appreciated. Plays quite well actually. ;)

Also would it be possible to add crates only to industrial/warehouse/military for example? If it's a coding nightmare then ignore request, it's no biggie. Also getting the occasional loot (suitcases) spamming the same location as a crate for example, i'll post a screenie next opportunity. ;)

haleks, would you mind telling me which font you used for the RAVAGE Logo itself? Searching the whole web for it but couldn´t find anything close to it. Thanks in advance :)

It's Weltron-Urban. ;)

@Haleks

I've ported RAVAGE to Sahrani, would you be able to add any missing buildings (Land_dum_mesto2) for example to the loot list. Loot spawns at already added listed buildings but i think there's a few that haven't been added. I know the focus is on Altis so this is merely a request for when you have the time. Appreciated. Plays quite well actually. ;)

Also would it be possible to add crates only to industrial/warehouse/military for example? If it's a coding nightmare then ignore request, it's no biggie. Also getting the occasional loot (suitcases) spamming the same location as a crate for example, i'll post a screenie next opportunity. ;)

I guess it's a building from Arma1? Do you guys know if it's possible to find a list of those buildings (with pictures if possible)?

I couldn't find any; it would allow me to work faster. The other solution is to fetch those classnames via scripting and spawn them one by one to check them... T_T

Regarding crates : are you referring to the ammo box that sometimes spawn in Civilian buildings? Because I will probably remove it and restrict it to military & industrial buildings anyway. ;)

Regarding crates : are you referring to the ammo box that sometimes spawn in Civilian buildings? Because I will probably remove it and restrict it to military & industrial buildings anyway. ;)

We could always think of it as a personal gun safe  :)

It's Weltron-Urban. ;)

I guess it's a building from Arma1? Do you guys know if it's possible to find a list of those buildings (with pictures if possible)?

I couldn't find any; it would allow me to work faster. The other solution is to fetch those classnames via scripting and spawn them one by one to check them... T_T

These are the classname lists for Armed Assault. The former was posted by Bohemia officially and the latter has images.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=584

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=596

Guess my Google-fu is better than yours :lol:

http://imgur.com/a/lS4xr images with classnames

Yeah i think ammobox would be better suited to industrial/military buildings. It looks like the suitcases have fallen out of the sky at times, upside down or on top of each other. Not really bothersome but a little congested at times. ;)

My Google-fu is okay too......lol!!! ;)

• Like 2

Is it just me or the fire making is not working? I have 2 boxes of matches, some money and those data sheets whatever, but when I double click on matches I get the message that I need wood or paper to make a fire.

edit: Just quick edit that after starting new game I dont have problem with fireplace anymore, so it was definitely caused by my old save game.

One thing worth noting if you guys are crazy enough to engage : chopper pilots are your only chance to get your hands on NVGs. :devil:

Damn you Haleks :D :pc: :icon_dj:

• Like 2

Is it just me or the fire making is not working? I have 2 boxes of matches, some money and those data sheets whatever, but when I double click on matches I get the message that I need wood or paper to make a fire.

Well..money actually represents..actual gold (*in a parallel universe) :D

Well..money actually represents..actual gold (*in a parallel universe) :D

I started a new game. The previously mentioned issue with fireplace is probably caused by my old save game. I updated Ravage in the meantime.

Anyhow, I was wondering if you guys know, is there a way to cancel using medkit? I occasionally use it by mistake when I approach Survivor to recruit him and since they are moving option "Heal yourself" sometimes gets mixed on the place of the "Recruit unit".

==DISREGARD: I FIGURED IT OUT==

ORIGINAL POST WITH EDITED AND FIXED CODE IS BELOW.

The vehicle will always spawn next to you within 20 Meters. Swap out the cargo and vehicle class for what you need.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I figured I would share the fixed code for vehicle spawning incase anyone wants to use it. I will also link a file that allows you to loot trash piles. It's much improved, and it was updated by Larrow. He took some ideas from the thread for this mod. He said that I can share it. It's a test mission, but it's really easy to get it set up anywhere. Mission is located here.

UPDATE:  I added the Geiger Counter to it's own group and added a backpack class. That way, I only have one Geiger Counter in the trunk and I can have decent amounts of food supplies too. And you can always use Remote Designators(remote cameras anyone?) and Turrets.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey Haleks, I've been trying to get the Hunter to spawn without Cargo. Unfortunately, I'm having issues doing it. It won't seem to remove the cargo. Any chance I can get help?

MB6_fn_spawnVehicle = {
	private ["_pos","_vehArray","_safePos","_veh","_gearWeapons","_gearMagazines","_gearItems"];
	_pos = param [0,[0,0,0],[[],objNull],[2,3]];
	// Handle input
	if (toUpper(typeName _pos) isEqualTo "OBJECT") then {
		_pos = getPosATL player;
	};

// Vehicle class names array
	_vehArray = ["MRAP_01_Hybrid_f"];
	// Create gear arrays
	_gearWeapons = ["edn_Woodplank","edn_Cinderblock","edn_Steelplate","edn_Metalpipe","edn_Sandbag","edn_Wirecoil","edn_camonet"];
	_gearMagazines = [];
	_gearItems = ["rvg_Geiger","rvg_antiRad"];

// Find a safe location to place the vehicle
	_safePos = [_pos, 0, 50, 1, 0, 20, 0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;
	if (isNil "_safePos") then {
		private "_roadsArray";
		_roadsArray = (_pos nearRoads 50);
		_safePos = if ( count _roadsArray > 0 ) then [{getPosATL (_roadsArray select 0)},{[0,0,0]}];
	};

// Create the vehicle
	_veh = createVehicle [(_vehArray call BIS_fnc_selectRandom), _safePos, [], 0, "NONE"];
	// Add the equipment to the vehicle
	clearWeaponCargoGlobal _veh;
	clearMagazineCargoGlobal _veh;
	{ _veh addWeaponCargoGlobal [_x,100]; } forEach _gearWeapons;
	{ _veh addMagazineCargoGlobal [_x,1]; } forEach _gearMagazines;
	{ _veh addItemCargoGlobal [_x,10]; } forEach _gearItems;
	// Set vehicle direction to random direction
	_veh setDir (random 360);
	_veh setVectorUp (surfaceNormal (getPosATL _veh));
};
// Create a game logic called GL_CAR
[GL_CAR] call MB6_fn_spawnVehicle; 

I've tried doing the clear**CargoGlobal in multiple ways, and it doesn't seem to work. This is in my init.sqf

• Like 3

Hey Survivors....I thought i'd point you in the direction of a helpful little script/addon that works well with a mod like Ravage.......

I would just like to report that water barrels made with EDN Fortifications allow you to fill your bottles/canteens up.

• Like 4

These are the classname lists for Armed Assault. The former was posted by Bohemia officially and the latter has images.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=584

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=596

Guess my Google-fu is better than yours :lol:

This would be great for maps like fallujah and other maps like taviana that also use some of the buildings

If you don't need the vehicle randomization and only want the vehicle to spawn around the player, this should be a simpler script:

MB6_fn_spawnVehicle = {
private ["_pos","_safePos","_veh","_gearWeapons","_gearMagazines","_gearItems"];
_pos = getPosATL player;

// Create gear arrays
_gearWeapons = ["edn_Woodplank","edn_Cinderblock","edn_Steelplate","edn_Metalpipe","edn_Sandbag","edn_Wirecoil","edn_camonet"];
_gearMagazines = [];
_gearItems = ["rvg_Geiger","rvg_antiRad"];

// Find a safe location to place the vehicle
_safePos = [_pos, 0, 50, 1, 0, 20, 0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;
if (isNil "_safePos") then {
private "_roadsArray";
_roadsArray = (_pos nearRoads 50);
_safePos = if ( count _roadsArray > 0 ) then [{getPosATL (_roadsArray select 0)},{[0,0,0]}];
};

// Create the vehicle
_veh = createVehicle ["MRAP_01_Hybrid_F", _safePos, [], 0, "NONE"];
// Add the equipment to the vehicle
clearWeaponCargoGlobal _veh;
clearMagazineCargoGlobal _veh;
{ _veh addWeaponCargoGlobal [_x,100]; } forEach _gearWeapons;
{ _veh addMagazineCargoGlobal [_x,1]; } forEach _gearMagazines;
{ _veh addItemCargoGlobal [_x,10]; } forEach _gearItems;
// Set vehicle direction to random direction
_veh setDir (random 360);
_veh setVectorUp (surfaceNormal (getPosATL _veh));
};
[] call MB6_fn_spawnVehicle;

(Link to initial script: Dropbox - TestMission.stratis.7z)