Thanks, law-giver - you're my number one coffee supplier! :D

• Like 1

Not to go OT, so just like my post if the answer is yes.

Does CUP literally replace AiA in all instances where AiA is "required?" So I can just go through all my missions that use AiA and put in @CUP instead?

As far as I know, yes (I haven't switched myself as I'm waiting for the final release).

Thanks to Kodabar's excellent videos, gents, I have survived long enough to find a good gun and gear! Yes! Finally! :) I made sure to save that bad boy because I doubt lightning will strike twice for me.

This is awesome. Thanks Haleks.

Questions, what are the notepads and currency for? Are empty cans of use either (are those for water?)?

• Like 1

Oh! So my brother traveled into town (it's rifle deer season) and he watched my most recent and miraculous Ravage session. :)

Haleks, I've never played State of Decay before but he owns it. At the end of the session he said that even in its current state, he thinks Ravage is incredible and better than that game as it stands right now. So kudos to you.

He then said it would be cool if Ravage had a story. I said, "Hey man. It's coming."

Mind=Blown :)

He doesn't have a PC but now he wants one.

• Like 3

@Haleks

I think i've solved the issues, my spawning issue was due to a spawn marker off map when i was copying from altis. The array has no element error seemed to be related to a truck i set to appear at a particular %. When putting  it back to 100% it went away. Go figure!

So for anyone who wants to give it a bash here's a Chernarus version https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28136044/ravage_lg.chernarus.pbo i'm playing it as i type, zombies, bandits and loot have spawned since playing it. Any problems, see a priest! ;)

The above Chernarus is WIP as have to tweak the loot respawn % it's trial and error.  :unsure:

And a big hug and thanks to Haleks for an excellent mod, helpfulness and patience. A saint! ;)

Enough of the pleasantries, i'm off to wander the grasslands of Chernarus.  :P

UPDATE**

If you downloaded before 11.05am UK time i've since updated.

Just reduced radiation zone and tweaked loot settings. 

It's friggin hard, i've died already..... :D

Nice job on the update Haleks. Just a quick question any chance of collecting water from ponds etc as in DayZ? In a future update maybe. Oh and implementing the attach chemlight. Not much eh?  :)

is this an update to the one i downloaded before this post? oh and what does that reshade do exactly?

is this an update to the one i downloaded before this post? oh and what does that reshade do exactly?

Updated several times so prob' yes. Google Reshade mate and look at the images or videos on youtube. It will answer all, in short improves the washed out colours of ArmA 3. I don't play ArmA2/3 without it!  ;)

I had them both installed at one point until i read that AIA is discontinued, no longer worked on, so it's an obvious choice. It works a charm. Looks stunning with reshade running. ;)

If anyone wants reshade i have a self installer i made for my mate, he's no good when it come's to installing stuff! ;)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28136044/ArmA3%20Reshade.exe it's not a virus just open/extract it if you don't want to self install. Or not! ;)

I tried to install Reshade but could never get it to work so a big thanks for this

• Like 1

I tried to install Reshade but could never get it to work so a big thanks for this

Should run off straight off, you should see text on top left when you fire it up saying succeeded etc........  :D

Check that reshade folder plus dxgi.dll is in arma3 location.....

Or try the previous reshade dxgi.dll https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28136044/dxgi.zip if anyone has problems.

I've repacked reshade straight from my arma3 folder just in case, trust me it works, https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28136044/ArmA3%20Reshade.exe

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28136044/Arma%203%20Reshade%20Realistic%20Updated.rar for those who don't like self installers.

I'm a nVidia user so don't know about AMD cards...

Oh forgot to mention ScrLk key toggles the effects On/Off. You can change this....

• Like 1

the Chemlight script is not at his best  but it works as long as you got Chemlights in the inventory

it will let the command "attach chemlight" once the last was use but return with no  action

once chemlights found again it seems to work again.

here are the actual and up to date sqf files for this action (to be use without ACE or any other mod with this function:

copy and paste this to chem_init:

_target = _this select 0;
_caller = _this select 1;
_id = _this select 2;
_caller removeaction _id;
if (_caller != player) exitWith {};

if (magazines player find "Chemlight_red" > 0) then {
RedOn = _caller addAction["<t color='#B40404'>Chemlight Red On</t>", "chemlights\chem_on.sqf",["Chemlight_red"],6,false,false,"","_target == ( player)"];
};

if (magazines player find "Chemlight_blue" > 0) then {
BlueOn = _caller addAction["<t color='#68ccf6'>Chemlight Blue On</t>", "chemlights\chem_on.sqf",["Chemlight_blue"],6,false,false,"","_target == ( player)"];
}; 

for chem_on:

_target = _this select 0; //target - if there is one for the addaction. In this case the player.
_caller = _this select 1;// person calling the addaction - hopefully the player
_id = _this select 2; //the id of the addaction.
_caller removeAction _id;

_ltcolor = (_this select 3) select 0; // color of the chem light to turn on.

_lgt = _ltcolor createVehicle [0,0,0];
_lgt attachTo [_caller, [0,-0.03,0.07], "LeftShoulder"];
_caller setvariable ["lgtarray", _lgt,true];

//_caller removeaction actioncloselist;

if (_ltcolor =="Chemlight_Red") then {
RedOff = _caller addAction["Chemlight Red OFF", "chemlights\chem_off.sqf",[_ltcolor],6,false,false,"", "_target == ( player)"];
_caller removeaction _RedOn;
        player removeMagazine "Chemlight_red";
};
if (_ltcolor =="Chemlight_Blue") then {
actionBlueOff = _caller addAction["Chemlight Blue OFF", "chemlights\chem_off.sqf",[_ltcolor],6,false,false,"","_target == ( player)"];
_caller removeaction _BlueOn;
        player removeMagazine "Chemlight_blue";
}; 

for chem_off:

_target = _this select 0;
_caller = _this select 1;
_id = _this select 2;

_ltcolor = (_this select 3) select 0;

deletevehicle (_caller getvariable "lgtarray"); _caller setvariable ["lgtarray",nil,true];
//if (magazines _caller find "Chemlight_red" = 0) exitWith {};
//if (magazines _caller find "Chemlight_blue" = 0) exitWith {};

resetlist = _caller addaction ["Attach Chem Light", "chemlights\chem_init.sqf",[],6,false,false,"", "_target == ( player)"];

those 3 sqf files are to be placed into a folder called "Chemlights" in your mission directory: (for example)

Ravageshowcasemission.altis.pbo

-"chemlights" folder

-scripts folder

-description.ext file

-init.sqf file

-mission.sqm file

and copy and paste this into the init.sqf of you mission:

0 = player addAction["Red Chemlight On", "chemlights\chem_on.sqf",["Chemlight_red"],6,false,false,"","vehicle player == player && 'Chemlight_red' in magazines player"];
0 = player addAction["Blue Chemlight On", "chemlights\chem_on.sqf",["Chemlight_blue"],6,false,false,"","vehicle player == player && 'Chemlight_blue' in magazines player"]; 

this will allow you to use red or blue chemlights found in the loot and added to your inventory (and removed of the inventory each time you use one)

the chems last exactly the same time than the vanilia chemlights.

the on/off/reset command is with all the other command in scroll menu on the high left corner of the screen in Arma 3 (mouse scroll button )

a few pages ago, Haleks gave an updated and simplier way to do it but using only red chemlights and script to call the action.

Thanks for the script, i might put it in till the nxt ravage update

Thanks for the script, i might put it in till the nxt ravage update

Haleks said he's implementing chemlights in an update were you just double click it in your inventory. Much better than the scripted version.  ;)

I tried the scripted versions and the addaction vanished never to return once the chemlights were used up, i'd try it in the editor before you put it in your mission, or not. :)

@Haleks

I've survived a day, but water seems scarce out in the wilds, hope the water bottle and water sources will be implemented. Also i came across opfor and independent raiders but for some reason i'm sure it's the independents that don't seem to raise their weapons and fire on me. I checked the editor and independents are friendly to no one set in my Chernarus port. Any ideas?  :unsure:

Also, a really small thingy, could you make the status hud a teeny weeny weeny bit smaller so it's not overlapping the gear/inventory's =======> [X]. :D

Another suggestion, "Radiation poisoning" is a little misleading, my hydration dropped quite low and i went from healthy to weak. I killed a bandit and found some fanta, i drank it and returned to healthy. Fanta doesn't help radiation poisoning so i suggest changing it to "Physical Condition" or something along those lines. We already have rad exposure. ;)

Right, back to the game. :D

LG

Hi,

I don't know if my problem is really related to ravage. (sorry if not)

I have a problem with repairing. I play the mission "Doctor X" (it uses ravage mod) and I can't repair vehicles. I can select the repair menu and select a part of the vehicle (a damaged wheel for instance). Then I get always the message "You need a toolkit to repair this" But I have toolkits in my backpack. Last time I tried to repair something (btw. absolutely modfree, except ravage) something strange happened. I selected a damaged wheel to repair, I got the message but the wheel got replaced. And the number of toolkits in my backpack remained the same. Am I doing something wrong here? Should the toolkit be place somewhere else in my inventory? Or is it a bug?

Well, of course it could be a bug in the mission itself. But may be not so I am just asking.

Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.

sam

Haleks said he's implementing chemlights in an update were you just double click it in your inventory. Much better than the scripted version.  ;)

I tried the scripted versions and the addaction vanished never to return once the chemlights were used up, i'd try it in the editor before you put it in your mission, or not. :)

yea forgot bout that, might just leave it for now......

Hello, first it all great mod!

i have a little question, i play with all suggested active mods, but i dont understand how i can disable  Ravage default PP effect with the custom radio menu...Ehm, thanks, and sorry for my english.

Hello, first it all great mod!

i have a little question, i play with all suggested active mods, but i dont understand how i can disable  Ravage default PP effect with the custom radio menu...Ehm, thanks, and sorry for my english.

When in game press 0 then 0  then 1 select Color Filter and enable or disable. Hope that's what you meant mate. ;)

When in game press 0 then 0  then 1 select Color Filter and enable or disable. Hope that's what you meant mate. ;)

Yeah, thanks mate:)

@Haleks

I've survived a day, but water seems scarce out in the wilds, hope the water bottle and water sources will be implemented. Also i came across opfor and independent raiders but for some reason i'm sure it's the independents that don't seem to raise their weapons and fire on me. I checked the editor and independents are friendly to no one set in my Chernarus port. Any ideas?  :unsure:

Also, a really small thingy, could you make the status hud a teeny weeny weeny bit smaller so it's not overlapping the gear/inventory's =======> [X]. :D

Another suggestion, "Radiation poisoning" is a little misleading, my hydration dropped quite low and i went from healthy to weak. I killed a bandit and found some fanta, i drank it and returned to healthy. Fanta doesn't help radiation poisoning so i suggest changing it to "Physical Condition" or something along those lines. We already have rad exposure. ;)

Right, back to the game. :D

LG

Hm, it might not be very clear at the moment, but "Rad.poisoning" and "Healthy, weak etc" are two different status.

You can be healthy while slightly irradiated for instance; or, if your rad level is extremely high, you can be "Dying" eventhough Nutrition & Hydration are good (at this point your maximum health will slowly drop to nothing).

I put those variables on the same line as I didn't want the hint-box to take too much space on screen - sadly I don't have much control over the HUD size...

Regarding your problem with INDEP raiders - I'll download your mission and look into it. ;)

Hi,

I don't know if my problem is really related to ravage. (sorry if not)

I have a problem with repairing. I play the mission "Doctor X" (it uses ravage mod) and I can't repair vehicles. I can select the repair menu and select a part of the vehicle (a damaged wheel for instance). Then I get always the message "You need a toolkit to repair this" But I have toolkits in my backpack. Last time I tried to repair something (btw. absolutely modfree, except ravage) something strange happened. I selected a damaged wheel to repair, I got the message but the wheel got replaced. And the number of toolkits in my backpack remained the same. Am I doing something wrong here? Should the toolkit be place somewhere else in my inventory? Or is it a bug?

Well, of course it could be a bug in the mission itself. But may be not so I am just asking.

Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.

sam

I'll see if I can reproduce the issue.

• Like 1

Regarding your problem with INDEP raiders - I'll download your mission and look into it. ;)

I'm wondering if it could be asr_ai, i also came across a bandit camp, some opened up on me and some came right up to me, shouting do not fire or something similar, there was a delay then almost in my face he opened up on me.  :wacko:

And be gentle if i've f*cked anything up. Or send it back fixed!  :D

Okay I know what's going on : you're using a custom unit I made for the demo mission.

"Survivor1" is actually Civilian (it allows the player to wear any uniform), but I cheated a bit when making the mission so that EAST & INDEP units can engage him.

Just replace the playable unit by the Survivor from Zeus (for instance) and you should be good to go!

(You should able to equip any uniform still - unlocked-uniforms is included in Ravage).

• Like 2

@Haleks

Thanks buddy, appreciate you taking the time. ;)

File and link removed as i'm constantly changing it, pm me if you want my own personal version. Sorry!

Re-download the above for fixed survivor. ;)

Thanks again Haleks, appreciated! ;)

about Chemlights
i had time yesterday to take a closer look to corrected scripts and infos given by Haleks and tested  them for a few minutes

the simplier way to do is

create the "chemlights" folder in your mission directory.
create a text file maned chem-on.txt and change the extension txt to sqf

copy and paste this:

_target = _this select 0; //target - if there is one for the addaction. In this case the player.
_caller = _this select 1;// person calling the addaction - hopefully the player
_id = _this select 2; //the id of the addaction.

_ltcolor = (_this select 3) select 0;    // color of the chem light to turn on.

_lgt = _ltcolor createVehicle [0,0,0]; 
            _lgt attachTo [_caller, [0,-0.03,0.07], "LeftShoulder"]; 
            _caller setvariable ["lgtarray", _lgt,true];

if (_ltcolor =="Chemlight_Red") then { 
	player setVariable ["RchemON", true];
	player removeMagazine "Chemlight_red";
        };
if (_ltcolor =="Chemlight_Blue") then {
	player setVariable ["BchemON", true];
	player removeMagazine "Chemlight_blue";
        };

then  in you init.sqf, add those lines:

0 = player addAction["Red Chemlight On", "chemlights\chem_on.sqf",["Chemlight_red"],6,false,false,"","vehicle player == player && 'Chemlight_red' in magazines player && isNil {player getVariable 'RchemON'}"];
0 = player addAction["Blue Chemlight On", "chemlights\chem_on.sqf",["Chemlight_Blue"],6,false,false,"","vehicle player == player && 'Chemlight_blue' in magazines player && isNil {player getVariable 'BchemON'}"];

//resetlist = _caller addaction ["Attach Chem Light", "chemlights\chem_init.sqf",[],6,false,false,"", "_target == ( player)"]; // not sure this line is necessary to recall this action since chem_init is no more used...?!? Haleks ????

and that's all

just wait for the chemlight to turn off by itself (the off command is gone with this script) and light an another one if needed as long as you have one in your inventory (red or blue)

I've installed Real Light (Reshad) V5 yesterday.. .very simple to install (just copy and past the both unziped files to your Arma 3 directory and be sure to set up your Video Card to use full RVB spectrum....)
found it while I was looking for a script to update the vanillia weapon light (I tried a few time ago the SUREFIRE lights from EricJ weapon mods... look like a real Surefire :D!!! powerfull light source at night! )

@Haleks: I run Unlocked Uniforms as mod for a long time but there are some uniforms I can't access to (mostly on Massi's mods, east side) for several months.
I was looking  for an eventual update from your side... I saw Massi Updated his mods some times ago and one of the fixes was about "uniforms problems" ... not sure it is what we are talking about (there was an another issue about uniforms after the Arma III update to 1.52)

the question is: if I open an Arma III session for Ravage only with the few mods as possible, I don't need to add @Unlocked Uniforms so....?

I think i put a link on previous page to CUP terrain page. Have a look buddy, any prob's i'll try and help. It's pretty much the same as AIA terrains but this is more up to date and is being updated whereas AIA is discontinued.  ;)

Also i posted an image of the islands i fire up without getting errors, there's another 7 or 8 islands in the download but no point loading them up unless you're using them.

Hope it'll make sense when you've downloaded it and looked at my ArmA3Sync image on previous page.  ;)

I've downloaded that CUP terrain pack - some 7.3GB of data. And frankly, I'm lost - what now? :unsure:

I've downloaded that CUP terrain pack - some 7.3GB of data. And frankly, I'm lost - what now? :unsure:

Extract the @ folders to your arma 3 loacation, @CUP_Bukovina etc etc.......;)

• Like 1

@Haleks

Just started a new game and i stayed within 75m approx of my spawn position, mainly due to being caught in crossfire with 2 bandit factions, anyway i killed a few bandits and checked my health only to realise i was dying of radiation, typical though, i picked up a Geiger counter LOL!

Any chance you can put a radiation free zone around spawn points for set period or distance? ;)

Two restarts and died twice from radiation poisoning! :(

Going to disable it until new update! :(