So for anyone who wants to give it a bash here's a Chernarus version 

Is it too much to ask if you'd explain how did you get this Chernarus map and how to set things up mate? I'd really appreciate if you could write some short tutorial. Cheers.

Is it too much to ask if you'd explain how did you get this Chernarus map and how to set things up mate? I'd really appreciate if you could write some short tutorial. Cheers.

I think i put a link on previous page to CUP terrain page. Have a look buddy, any prob's i'll try and help. It's pretty much the same as AIA terrains but this is more up to date and is being updated whereas AIA is discontinued.  ;)

Also i posted an image of the islands i fire up without getting errors, there's another 7 or 8 islands in the download but no point loading them up unless you're using them.

Hope it'll make sense when you've downloaded it and looked at my ArmA3Sync image on previous page.  ;)

• Like 1

Nice job on the update Haleks. Just a quick question any chance of collecting water from ponds etc as in DayZ? In a future update maybe. Oh and implementing the attach chemlight. Not much eh?  :)

Im actually working on this (both ideas, plus others) for my mission, just trying to get it to be a standalone script until either Haleks integrates it into Ravage or someone comes up with a better idea.

@Haleks

Gj man loving your work as always

• Like 1

Im actually working on this (both ideas, plus others) for my mission, just trying to get it to be a standalone script until either Haleks integrates it into Ravage or someone comes up with a better idea.

@Haleks

Gj man loving your work as always

Yeah was looking around for scripts yesterday, only one i've implemented so far is earplugs as i use headphones due to the wife moaning at me for excessive volume! Come's in handy to reduce firefights rather than messing with volume settings.  :D

I had a go with the chemlights but when you use up your last one the addaction doesn't come back so couldn't be arsed with it! :D

I found a bandit camp on Chernarus, with a heli but an armed vehicle is pinning me down, mind you i edited Chernarus so i should've known. Oh what fun you've created Haleks. ;)

I figured out how to attach/detach chemlights to the player as long as there is one in the inventory.

Now, i dont know if there is a time for how long they last but i will look into that next.

I figured out how to attach/detach chemlights to the player as long as there is one in the inventory.

Now, i dont know if there is a time for how long they last but i will look into that next.

Yeah i got that far, but when they were all used up addaction was gone, and when i got some back in inventory addaction didn't. If you figure that out then cool. My scripting knowledge sucks sh*t but i'm okay when editing.....go figure! ;)

Oh and 20 minutes i think give or take.....

Yeah i got that far, but when they were all used up addaction was gone, and when i got some back in inventory addaction didn't. If you figure that out then cool. My scripting knowledge sucks sh*t but i'm okay when editing.....go figure! ;)

Oh and 20 minutes i think give or take.....

Not to sure bout that, i only tested it to see if i could get one on. (Its midnight here and i need to work tommoz so sleep for me)

Heres the code anyway

Player Init

resetlist =  this addaction ["Attach Chem Light", "ChemLights\ChemLightInit.sqf",[],6,false,false, "((player) == _target)"];

ChemLights\Chem_Init.sqf

_target = _this select 0;
_caller = _this select 1;
_id = _this select 2;

_caller removeaction _id;

RedOn = _caller addAction["<t color='#B40404'>Chemlight Red On</t>", "ChemLights\Chem_On.sqf",["Chemlight_red"],6,false,false,"","_target == ( player)"];
    BlueOn = _caller addAction["<t color='#68ccf6'>Chemlight Blue On</t>", "ChemLights\Chem_On.sqf",["Chemlight_blue"],6,false,false,"","_target == ( player)"];
    YellowOn = _caller addAction["<t color='#fcf018'>Chemlight Yellow On</t>", "ChemLights\Chem_On.sqf",["Chemlight_yellow"],6,false,false,"","_target == ( player)"];
    GreenOn = _caller addAction["<t color='#30fd07'>Chemlight Green On</t>", "ChemLights\Chem_On.sqf",["Chemlight_green"],6,false,false,"","_target == ( player)"];

ChemLights\Chem_On.sqf

_target = _this select 0; //target - if there is one for the addaction. In this case the player.
_caller = _this select 1;// person calling the addaction - hopefully the player
_id = _this select 2; //the id of the addaction.
_caller removeAction _id;  

_ltcolor = (_this select 3) select 0;    // color of the chem light to turn on.

_lgt = _ltcolor createVehicle [0,0,0]; 
            _lgt attachTo [_caller, [0,-0.03,0.07], "LeftShoulder"]; 
            _caller setvariable ["lgtarray", _lgt,true];

//_caller removeaction actioncloselist;

if (_ltcolor =="Chemlight_Red") then {
        RedOff = _caller addAction["<t color='#B40404'>Chemlight Red OFF</t>", "ChemLights\Chem_Off.sqf",[_ltcolor],6,false,false,"", "_target == ( player)"];
        _caller removeaction blueon;_caller removeaction yellowon;_caller removeaction greenon;
        };
if (_ltcolor =="Chemlight_Blue") then {
        actionBlueOff = _caller addAction["<t color='#68ccf6'>Chemlight Blue OFF</t>", "ChemLights\Chem_Off.sqf",[_ltcolor],6,false,false,"","_target == ( player)"];
        _caller removeaction redon;_caller removeaction yellowon;_caller removeaction greenon;
        };        
if (_ltcolor =="Chemlight_Yellow") then {
        actionYellowOff = _caller addAction["<t color='#fcf018'>Chemlight Yellow OFF</t>", "ChemLights\Chem_Off.sqf",[_ltcolor],6,false,false,"", "_target == (player)"];
        _caller removeaction blueon;_caller removeaction redon;_caller removeaction greenon;
        };
if (_ltcolor =="Chemlight_Green") then {
        actionGreenOff = _caller addAction["<t color='#30fd07'>Chemlight Green OFF</t>", "ChemLights\Chem_Off.sqf",[_ltcolor],6,false,false,"", "_target == ( player)"];
        _caller removeaction blueon;_caller removeaction yellowon;_caller removeaction redon;
        };

ChemLights\Chem_Off.sqf

_id = _this select 2;

_ltcolor = (_this select 3) select 0;

deletevehicle (_caller getvariable "lgtarray"); _caller setvariable ["lgtarray",nil,true];

resetlist = _caller addaction ["Attach Chem Light", "ChemLights\ChemLightInit.sqf",[],5,false,false,"", "_target == ( player)"];

the Chemlight script is not at his best  but it works as long as you got Chemlights in the inventory
it will let the command "attach chemlight" once the last was use but return with no  action

once chemlights found again it seems to work again.

here are the actual and up to date sqf files for this action (to be use without ACE or any other mod with this function:

copy and paste this to chem_init:

_id = _this select 2;
_caller removeaction _id;
if (_caller != player) exitWith {};

if (magazines player find "Chemlight_red" > 0) then {
RedOn = _caller addAction["<t color='#B40404'>Chemlight Red On</t>", "chemlights\chem_on.sqf",["Chemlight_red"],6,false,false,"","_target == ( player)"];
};

if (magazines player find "Chemlight_blue" > 0) then {
BlueOn = _caller addAction["<t color='#68ccf6'>Chemlight Blue On</t>", "chemlights\chem_on.sqf",["Chemlight_blue"],6,false,false,"","_target == ( player)"];
}; 

for chem_on:

_target = _this select 0; //target - if there is one for the addaction. In this case the player.
_caller = _this select 1;// person calling the addaction - hopefully the player
_id = _this select 2; //the id of the addaction.

_ltcolor = (_this select 3) select 0; // color of the chem light to turn on.

_lgt = _ltcolor createVehicle [0,0,0];
_lgt attachTo [_caller, [0,-0.03,0.07], "LeftShoulder"];
_caller setvariable ["lgtarray", _lgt,true];

//_caller removeaction actioncloselist;

if (_ltcolor =="Chemlight_Red") then {
RedOff = _caller addAction["Chemlight Red OFF", "chemlights\chem_off.sqf",[_ltcolor],6,false,false,"", "_target == ( player)"];
_caller removeaction _RedOn;
        player removeMagazine "Chemlight_red";
};
if (_ltcolor =="Chemlight_Blue") then {
actionBlueOff = _caller addAction["Chemlight Blue OFF", "chemlights\chem_off.sqf",[_ltcolor],6,false,false,"","_target == ( player)"];
_caller removeaction _BlueOn;
        player removeMagazine "Chemlight_blue";
}; 

for chem_off:

_id = _this select 2;

_ltcolor = (_this select 3) select 0;

deletevehicle (_caller getvariable "lgtarray"); _caller setvariable ["lgtarray",nil,true];
//if (magazines _caller find "Chemlight_red" = 0) exitWith {};
//if (magazines _caller find "Chemlight_blue" = 0) exitWith {};

resetlist = _caller addaction ["Attach Chem Light", "chemlights\chem_init.sqf",[],6,false,false,"", "_target == ( player)"];

those 3 sqf files are to be placed into a folder called "Chemlights" in your mission directory: (for example)

Ravageshowcasemission.altis.pbo

-"chemlights" folder

-scripts folder

-description.ext file

-init.sqf file

-mission.sqm file

and copy and paste this into the init.sqf of you mission:

0 = player addAction["Red Chemlight On", "chemlights\chem_on.sqf",["Chemlight_red"],6,false,false,"","vehicle player == player && 'Chemlight_red' in magazines player"];
0 = player addAction["Blue Chemlight On", "chemlights\chem_on.sqf",["Chemlight_blue"],6,false,false,"","vehicle player == player && 'Chemlight_blue' in magazines player"]; 

this will allow you to use red or blue chemlights found in the loot and added to your inventory (and removed of the inventory each time you use one)

the chems last exactly the same time than the vanilia chemlights.

the on/off/reset command is with all the other command in scroll menu on the high left corner of the screen in Arma 3 (mouse scroll button )

a few pages ago, Haleks gave an updated and simplier way to do it but using only red chemlights and script to call the action.

blue chemlights are stronger than red once to see further

rxQEP9.jpg

ktERJt.jpg

I'm uploading Ravage V01.31... ;)
  • Like 1

I had a bit of a playthrough. This was actually in 0.2.0 (0.3.0 came out immediately after I'd recorded this). It's in three parts.

Today's task : figure out a way to increase survivability of the friggin' AI vehicles! ^^'

Thanks for making these videos Kodabar, those are excellent showcases and, incidentally, provide me a lot of feedback : those condensed parts of gameplay are perfect for me to study how players interact with the game and spot issues they might encounter. I'm already tweaking a few things after watching them. ;)

By the way, I will add an "attach chemlight" feature to the inventory system : those scripts gave me a few ideas, and it won't be hard to implement.

You'll just have to double-click on any chem in your inventory and it will be removed & attached to the player.

• Like 6

One more thing, regarding an issue spotted by law-giver (and confirmed on my end) :

I just finished playing a game after recruiting a guy and doing rather well until my health hit 50 and everything else around 95. I think it needs adjusting slightly because hitting 50 health is a little drastic with regards to slowing to a crawl and pretty much unable to move.

The forced walk below 50% health isn't supposed to happen anymore.

I've added an additional failsafe in 0131, but I just realized I might have been going the wrong way about it... And I'm not sure the issue is actually fixed.

I'm working on it right now - I will probably push a little update in a few days, before focussing on bigger tasks for v014.

• Like 1

One more thing, regarding an issue spotted by law-giver (and confirmed on my end) :

I've added an additional failsafe in 0131, but I just realized I might have been going the wrong way about it... And I'm not sure the issue is actually fixed.

I'm working on it right now - I will probably push a little update in a few days, before focussing on bigger tasks for v014.

On my first proper stint this morning i had radiation poisoning and in time my health dropped considerably due to additional zombie love bites. At least this time i was able to walk and run until i died a horrible death. :D

And updates will be treated with love and respect Haleks, bring em on! :)

• Like 1

Just noticed that zombies can't attack when you are repairing/syphoning a helicopter, I currently have a little audience of three surrounding me....almost like a little exclusion zone around the chopper......playing vanilla Ravage v0.1.3.1 

On my first proper stint this morning i had radiation poisoning and in time my health dropped considerably due to additional zombie love bites. At least this time i was able to walk and run until i died a horrible death. :D

Yeah, I'm quite confident that the issue is fixed inside Ravage Framework : all damages dealt by the mod scripts are handled via a custom damage handling function.

But I had to resort to other methods regarding the vanilla system, and those might not be 100% working at the moment : I'm afraid you still have a chance to be forced to walk when critically wounded by gunshots.

But that is most likely fixed on my current dev build. ;)

Anyway, the changelog for the next update ain't big at the moment:

Tweaked :

Improved survivability of cars driven by the AI (cancelled collision damages when far from the player).

Fixed :

"Hold Fire" override function for nearby zombies not triggering on editor-placed AI units.

New Damage handling sometimes failling to cancel the "forced walk" animation when injured.

New :

Player can now attach any chemlight to himself by double-clicking on it in the inventory (requires Survival Module).

...so I might take the time to lay out some basis for more survival stuff like a battery system for NVGs, Geiger counters and such...

@Evil Organ : Same old bug since Arma2... It looks like Agents aren't able to move close to landed choppers for some reason.

Reminds me of some fun times I had in Dayz! ^^

EDIT : I'm still working on the "@SIU : SuckItUp! mod"; in fact most of its features are already implemented in Ravage (No groaning sounds or forced walked when injured).

I'll release it once I'm confident those are 100% working.

• Like 3

Carrying multiple fuel canisters, each with a few litres in them, takes up a sizeable chunk of backpack space.

Could it be possible to combine the fuel from each fuel canister into one.

Carrying multiple fuel canisters, each with a few litres in them, takes up a sizeable chunk of backpack space.

Could it be possible to combine the fuel from each fuel canister into one.

Yeah, I know it's a problem (wich I tried to mitigate as much as I could when writting the refuel/syphon functions) - but I still have plans for a custom mag-repack system wich would solve this.

By the way, I haven't tested it myself yet, but ACE's mag-repack feature might work with jerrycans, antirads and toolboxes...

By the way, I haven't tested it myself yet, but ACE's mag-repack feature might work with jerrycans, antirads and toolboxes...

Nice idea will try that out right away!  ;)

@Haleks

I was playing on Chernarus and was approaching a building with stone steps with enough room for one suitcase/box or sack, problem was a suitcase was in the doorway while a sack and extra suitcase rolled down the steps. Is it possible to stop/check multiple loot spawning in such buildings/places???

And i mentioned in previous, will it also be possible to use empty water bottle to fill up pond water or any water access point to create your own drink as in DayZ?

And lastly i can't stop playing this, like Rydygiers Pilgrimage, it's bloody addictive! Good job mate! I'm hooked! ;)

• Like 1

@Haleks

I was playing on Chernarus and was approaching a building with stone steps with enough room for one suitcase/box or sack, problem was a suitcase was in the doorway while a sack and extra suitcase rolled down the steps. Is it possible to stop/check multiple loot spawning in such buildings/places???

And i mentioned in previous, will it also be possible to use empty water bottle to fill up pond water or any water access point to create your own drink as in DayZ?

And lastly i can't stop playing this, like Rydygiers Pilgrimage, it's bloody addictive! Good job mate! I'm hooked! ;)

Hey man, I started using Bad Bensons movement addon after Haleks mentioned it, and its a pretty cool addon. Bonus: You can climb over suitcases in hallways and staircases. Quick fix until an update comes out addressing the issue. I haven't noticed any problems with it.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27224

pretty sure its on the workshop also.

Later,

Fire

Hey man, I started using Bad Bensons movement addon after Haleks mentioned it, and its a pretty cool addon. Bonus: You can climb over suitcases in hallways and staircases. Quick fix until an update comes out addressing the issue. I haven't noticed any problems with it.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27224

pretty sure its on the workshop also.

Later,

Fire

Already using that addon and don't have a problem getting to them but still it's an ugliness that hopefully can be addressed. It's all about helping Haleks create this beautiful mod. Which includes removing my wife's excess baggage....lol! :D

I just think some sort of loot check, say no more than a certain number in a given area\building or position. ;)

Oh, just remembered i dug out some custom location scripts i had from my DayZ edit and added them to Chernarus. Here's some screenies from the original post i made a year or so ago. Currently testing but the locations work as i loaded them up in the editor. Will upload it when i'm sure i've seen locations in-game. And may make other locations. :D

http://opendayz.net/threads/release-stary-sobor-camp.18944/

http://opendayz.net/threads/release-balota-camp-airfield.18928/

@Haleks

No matter what, i'm always dying from radiation poisoning. I have a Geiger which just makes a noise and doesn't really help me with radiation locating. I even had gas mask on. I spent an age getting all this stuff only to be killed by something i can't see, locate, protect myself from and/or heal. I had food, water and health packs. Yet game over. 

I know i could disable it but i'm not going to get the best out of it nor will you get the feedback you require. Hope it helps. Still bloody good, just the radiation side needs a little tweaking. ;)

I just loaded an older save and the rad pills are taking my radiation poisoning down but it seems so many places have radiation and you can't keep pressing to check. Maybe have the UI on permanently or a radiation warning pop up if you have the geiger on, the clicking noise isn't enough in my opinion. ;)

I think where the hint comes on at the bottom for Geiger on/off is a good place to have a radiation zone warning, radiation LOW, MEDIUM, HIGH if you're carrying a Geiger. Or another high pitch Geiger sound effect if not already included. So you could at least take a step back so to speak. ;)

Edited above after taking a step back with an older save and adjusting accordingly. ;)

Still friggin' cool though Haleks. :D

@law-giver : Yeah, I admit audio feedback might not be enough - and Geiger counters usually provide more detailed data...

How about something like that? (WIP)

2fa6f289-498b-4be4-9c8a-cc84dec358b0.jpg

Having a Geiger counter would display how much "rads" you're absorbing (allowing you to know if you're getting closer or further from the rad source).

• Like 3

Man the early days of DAYZ were so much fun!!!

Law-Giver, I'm still just using the AIA addon. Reading what you've been saying, It looks like I should unload AIA and go ahead and switch over to CUP? I guess it does seem like the entire community is moving in that direction.

I didn't actually realize that AIA wasn't being supported anymore...

Fire

Man the early days of DAYZ were so much fun!!!

Law-Giver, I'm still just using the AIA addon. Reading what you've been saying, It looks like I should unload AIA and go ahead and switch over to CUP? I guess it does seem like the entire community is moving in that direction.

I didn't actually realize that AIA wasn't being supported anymore...

Fire

I had them both installed at one point until i read that AIA is discontinued, no longer worked on, so it's an obvious choice. It works a charm. Looks stunning with reshade running. ;)

If anyone wants reshade i have a self installer i made for my mate, he's no good when it come's to installing stuff! ;)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28136044/ArmA3%20Reshade.exe it's not a virus just open/extract it if you don't want to self install. Or not! ;)

• Like 2

I had them both installed at one point until i read that AIA is discontinued, no longer worked on, so it's an obvious choice. It works a charm. Looks stunning with reshade running. ;)

Cool, I'm switching tonight. I don't have any saved game progress right now..  so its on.. like donkey kong

@law-giver : Yeah, I admit audio feedback might not be enough - and Geiger counters usually provide more detailed data...

How about something like that? (WIP)

2fa6f289-498b-4be4-9c8a-cc84dec358b0.jpg

Having a Geiger counter would display how much "rads" you're absorbing (allowing you to know if you're getting closer or further from the rad source).

That's much better than i was expecting. Nice one mate! Can't wait for that, guess i better give you some more money for your coffee. Donation tomorrow mate! :D

Too late, sent you some more coffee money mate! Enjoy! Right i'm off to bed, missus wakes me up bloody early. Night guys! ;)

• Like 1