:459: ^^

Gimme a second i'll grab the next flight from Edinburgh....should be with you some time tomorrow. ;)

Seriously tho, if you want to get anywhere in the Armaverse i would take Haleks advice and watch some tutorials bro........they don't bite. 

they dont work. i cant be pausing the thing every 5 seconds. it get confusing very fast. if youd want to talk me through it then id gladly do that.

edit: the cherno does not work. i click play, it acts like its loading then kicks me out to the mission menu.

they dont work. i cant be pausing the thing every 5 seconds. it get confusing very fast. if youd want to talk me through it then id gladly do that.

edit: the cherno does not work. i click play, it acts like its loading then kicks me out to the mission menu.

Wish i could help you mate but it's playing fine for me, not meaning to rub salt in the wound.  :(

Anyway here's a quick and dirty Chernarus version i just tidied up. Zombies and bandits have spawned, didn't have time to check the loot, but should be fine as Haleks has added Cherno to the loot list if i remember correctly. :D

Wish i could help you mate but it's playing fine for me, not meaning to rub salt in the wound.  :(

do i need to add @ before the name on the folder then add it thru the arma launcher? 

Could be an AIA version issue between pandemic and law-giver?

FireWalker

Could be an AIA version issue between pandemic and law-giver?

FireWalker

that's a probability. also when im playin altis i see alot of empty cans. are those supposed to be food? cause i have a ton of water but NO food is spawning.

Edit: got cherno to work finally. i just added the pbo and the mission folder both to the missions folder and then proceeded to try each and YAY im on cherno again!  P.s when you get time to edit around with it so the triggers arent all close or whatever please id love a copy of that file. just be sure to up the rate in which food and drink spawn.

BTW, When I unzip law-givers' zip fie, It creates an additional "ravage.chernarus" folder. (one inside the other)

The ravage.chernarus mission folder should go inside your arma3\missions folder. (I'm at work right now, someone correct me if I'm wrong)

And if you double click on the ravage.chernarus folder you shoud just see the scripts folder and the description.ext, init.sqf, mission.sqm, and stringtable.xml files  ,  not another ravage.chernarus folder

Hope you can make sense of that, because I typed it and I hardly understand it.  lol

BTW, When I unzip law-givers' zip fie, It creates an additional "ravage.chernarus" folder. (one inside the other)

The ravage.chernarus mission folder should go inside your arma3\missions folder. (I'm at work right now, someone correct me if I'm wrong)

And if you double click on the ravage.chernarus folder you shoud just see the scripts folder and the description.ext, init.sqf, mission.sqm, and stringtable.xml files  ,  not another ravage.chernarus folder

Hope you can make sense of that, because I typed it and I hardly understand it.  lol

it does but i got it to werk.

Cup.jpg This is what i'm running to play chernarus. ;)

http://cup-arma3.org/downloads/download-terrains-pack/

i don't have that cup maps. i have AiA Tp.

@pandemic4444......Lay of the custom missions for a while.....at least until you get to grips with mod installation.

Just play and enjoy the vanilla Ravage mission by Haleks......that's the real reason we are all here in the first place.

it does but i got it to werk.

If you download from the other link i've pbo'd it so you plonk it in your arma 3 mission folder and play away as i'm doing now, currently under fire from bandits. It's pretty cool on Chernarus. Bagged 2 bandits so far. :D

If you download from the other link i've pbo'd it so you plonk it in your arma 3 mission folder and play away as i'm doing now, currently under fire from bandits. It's pretty cool on Chernarus. Bagged 2 bandits so far. :D

i did thx. cherno is more awesome in Sp in my opinion. i have a trainer and i don't have to worry about asshats.

• Like 1

@Haleks

Can you confirm you have added Chernarus to the loot system, not come across any so far. Yeah just checked cfgBuildingList.sqf, guess i'm unlucky! :(

@Haleks

Can you confirm you have added Chernarus to the loot system, not come across any so far. Yeah just checked cfgBuildingList.sqf, guess i'm unlucky! :(

Just took a quick look at your init - you should change this :

_loot = [true, false, false, false] execVM "\ravage\code\rvgLoot\loot_init.sqf";//arma3 buildings only

to:

_loot = [false, true, false, false] execVM "\ravage\code\rvgLoot\loot_init.sqf";//arma2 buildings

But the best solution is to remove that line and place a loot module instead : since Chernarus has way less buildings than Altis, you'll need to up the spawn chances with the module options.

Just took a quick look at your init - you should change this :

_loot = [true, false, false, false] execVM "\ravage\code\rvgLoot\loot_init.sqf";//arma3 buildings only

to:

_loot = [false, true, false, false] execVM "\ravage\code\rvgLoot\loot_init.sqf";//arma2 buildings

But the best solution is to remove that line and place a loot module instead : since Chernarus has way less buildings than Altis, you'll need to up the spawn chances with the module options.

Thanks mate but just realised 5 minutes ago. It's working now just found my first loot. Doh! Working nights fudges the brain a little.  :D

@Haleks

For some reason when using modules my spawn is missing the car at start, any idea. Was fine before!  :unsure:

The car thing is a scripted event for the demo mission - it's not part of the modules.

That being said, some kinda of random spawn setting might be a cool feature. ;)

• Like 1

The car thing is a scripted event for the demo mission - it's not part of the modules.

That being said, some kinda of random spawn setting might be a cool feature. ;)

i agree. i did like starting out with no gear on cherno. (kinda spawned myself my own gear loadout) but one thing that must be changed in the next update is the rate of which food and drink spawn.

Ravage has been updated to v0.1.31!

changelog:

Tweaked :
Inventory will no longer close itself when the player is in a vehicle.
Repair script now compatible with both Ravage & vanilla toolkits (one use only for vanilla items).
Ravage version of the toolkit has a new inventory icon and has been renamed as "Toolbox".
Repair, syphon & refuel actions have a chance to alert nearby enemies.
Attack distance & timing for zombies.
Updated tutorial hint description about toolkits.
Some of Ravage custom actions (pack tent, syphon vehicle etc) can be executed by the AI.
Improved Geiger sounds handling (WIP).
Minor tweaks to inventory status HUD.
Tweaked AI behaviour when attacked by zombies.

Fixed :
Fixed wrong elevation for fireplaces, tents & sleeping bags (for good this time, I swear!).
Display issues on the inventory HUD with Geiger counters & Rad Exposure.
Minor fixes to Repair, syphon & refuel actions.
Ammo crates and weapon holders are now excluded from the Vehicles Module.
Fixed walkers animations.
Ambiant choppers weren't spawning in the Altis demo mission.

New :
[Ambiant AI module]New autonomous machines faction added to the list of Hostile Forces.

Have fun guys! :)

• Like 5

@Haleks

I'm getting random [bIS_fnc_SelectRandom] Array has no elements............Any ideas, never had it on Altis. :wacko:    

ER!!! Sod that, i'm playing the update..........:D   

• Like 2

Thanks for the update Haleks......can't wait to try out the new autonomous faction module...... :notworthy:.......and finally live out my Hardware fantasy.

Well sort off.......

Ravage has been updated to v0.1.31!

Have fun guys! :)

so i hear that a campaign is in the future(from the main page that i just now read to the fullest)? i do like the random ai missions for loot but a campaign. now that's interesting. would you have any POSSIBLE date? a few months? a year?

I had a bit of a playthrough. This was actually in 0.2.0 (0.3.0 came out immediately after I'd recorded this). It's in three parts.

• Like 3

@Haleks

I think i've solved the issues, my spawning issue was due to a spawn marker off map when i was copying from altis. The array has no element error seemed to be related to a truck i set to appear at a particular %. When putting  it back to 100% it went away. Go figure!

So for anyone who wants to give it a bash here's a Chernarus version File and link removed as i'm constantly changing it, pm me if you want my own personal version. Sorry! i'm playing it as i type, zombies, bandits and loot have spawned since playing it. Any problems, see a priest! ;)

The above Chernarus is WIP as have to tweak the loot respawn % it's trial and error.  :unsure:

And a big hug and thanks to Haleks for an excellent mod, helpfulness and patience. A saint! ;)

Enough of the pleasantries, i'm off to wander the grasslands of Chernarus.  :P

UPDATE**

If you downloaded before 11.05am UK time i've since updated.

Just reduced radiation zone and tweaked loot settings. 

It's friggin hard, i've died already..... :D

Nice job on the update Haleks. Just a quick question any chance of collecting water from ponds etc as in DayZ? In a future update maybe. Oh and implementing the attach chemlight. Not much eh?  :)

• Like 2