Hey buddy just wanted to give you an update, and yes it would seem that turning crawlers to 0 did the trick thank you. Everything else is working great from a couple of hours I tested yesterday. Keep it up dude your doing an incredible job with this mod and thank you so much for making this easy to implement from a mission maker stand point. 

Oh one last thought, are you planing on adding any documentation to the mod aside from the in game hints in your own prepackaged mission?

Yup, I just need to make some time for it. ^^

@rsoftokz : Thanks for the report man! I hope you guys are having fun nonetheless! ;)

Hey buddy just wanted to give you an update, and yes it would seem that turning crawlers to 0 did the trick thank you. Everything else is working great from a couple of hours I tested yesterday. Keep it up dude your doing an incredible job with this mod and thank you so much for making this easy to implement from a mission maker stand point. 

Oh one last thought, are you planing on adding any documentation to the mod aside from the in game hints in your own prepackaged mission?

so how do you change the code so different zeds spawn or don't spawn and so more food/water can spawn.

The editor really isn't bad. I probably shouldn't link to outside sources, but if you start

and watch through the tutorials in order (bottom to top, I believe) , it may double the game experience of ARMA for you. Its really amazing what you can accomplish with this game. He has a video just on modules, I believe.

FireWalker

Thanks so much FireWalker. Not to be a pain but the link's not working.

Does it feel too easy without runners? Still debating on which way I want to play this. I'm heavily leaning towards no runners/crawlers but since this is how you're playing, I figured I'd pick your brain first.

Does it feel too easy without runners? Still debating on which way I want to play this. I'm heavily leaning towards no runners/crawlers but since this is how you're playing, I figured I'd pick your brain first.

can anyone tell me how to change this as well? id like to get rid of runners. id also like to try and change the rate of food/water spawn so i don't die. and im not doing tutorial vids. i want to edit the code.

@pandemic4444 : I just sent you a PM, you should familiarize yourself with the Editor first, it has all the modules you need.

@pandemic4444 : I just sent you a PM, you should familiarize yourself with the Editor first, it has all the modules you need.

i have but the editor doesnt work for me and is extremely annoying. i can edit code i just need to know what to edit and where.

i have some constructive feedback :) 

i think thirst/hunger needs to be tweaked a little on how fast it reduces.

hunger or thirst i cant remember which one should go down faster than the other... i THINK its thirst that is needed more often i cant remember.

im sure someone will know the answer. 

[EDIT] its hunger that should reduce faster i figured it out. and if your running the rate at it reducing should increase ;) 

on napf island the ambient ai spawn module doesn't work, all other modules are ok......would be nice if you can check. And little more resistant walkers^^

@rsoftokz : Thanks for the report man! I hope you guys are having fun nonetheless! ;)

oh yes we had fun......

DfZdG9.jpg

9JscbP.jpg

some bugs met on the MP game: (as it is MP attempt, I'm not sure those bugs are from Ravage itself, maybe the oddity of the MP process  made  those failed)

-unable to light a fire: the matches are counted as spent such as any required item to  do this action). I have tested yey on the SP but I think it should work

-unable to holster weapon

-day counter have an issue: we started to play at the evening around 10.00PM (not watch at this moment ). the day 1 was counted once we have passed 0.00.... technicaly speaking we were playing only for 2 hours (maybe 3 )

so the "day" didn't count a real 24H cycle.... (not really a bug though )

VFgd6g.jpg

• Like 1

Ripped my friend's GPU out his system just so i can play v0.1.3 this weekend.....

Been a little over 2 weeks since i last played.....and things have just gotten a whole lot harder......Darks Souls ain't got shit on this mod....

Haleks you are a cacodemon.

It seems like the % of runners has increased and given their increased resilience, i have been overwhelmed more than once today....almost impossible to lose the runners.....more than a few times i was sure i broke their line of sight but they just keep coming..... :outtahere:

Any insights into their pathfinding behaviour would be most welcome.

I like the addition of the "Days survived" in the inventory HUD...... 

Speaking of the HUD.....is there scope for exploring the players "mentality"......could be based on the players "fear state" or "acts of cannibalism" etc.

For instance, if "mentality" falls below 50, the player suffers the shakes, making it harder to aim and use weapons effectively.

Just some random thoughts.....

Please excuse me while i go play some more.....

Haleks you are a cacodemon.

tumblr_m8d6tqhuTd1r95fgm.png

"Shit. How did he figure it out?"

It seems like the % of runners has increased and given their increased resilience, i have been overwhelmed more than once today....almost impossible to lose the runners.....more than a few times i was sure i broke their line of sight but they just keep coming..... :outtahere:

Any insights into their pathfinding behaviour would be most welcome.

I like the addition of the "Days survived" in the inventory HUD...... 

Speaking of the HUD.....is there scope for exploring the players "mentality"......could be based on the players "fear state" or "acts of cannibalism" etc.

For instance, if "mentality" falls below 50, the player suffers the shakes, making it harder to aim and use weapons effectively.

Just some random thoughts.....

Please excuse me while i go play some more.....

The mentality thing is interesting, especially for MP - but I have sooo many things to do before that. ^^'

Small advice regarding those runners : holster your weapon and don't hesitate to sprint through any bush on your way.

Breaking line of sight helps, but it is equally important to put a good distance between you and them as soon as you can - keep in mind that zombies aren't as good as players to avoid or go around obstacles. ;)

• Like 2

hey guys, sorry for my absence. Busy with work and rl.

Im gunna get to work on updating my mission today. Should have a new version for you in a few.

If anyone has some suggestions plz feel free to msg me here or on steam

@Haleks: nice work my man. Time to creep my way to survival again ty

Long may you all survive

@rsoftokz

I noticed you are playing with ACE?

If thats the case...the "0" (zero) on your keyboard is holstering/un-holstering your weapons  ;)

*Oh..i noticed you (or your teammate) found a M249? 

Nice wep for (typeAny) apocalypse  :D

Quick update coming in a couple of days - a few issues have been spotted wich need some fixing...

Might have a small surprise for mission-makers too.

• Like 4

@rsoftokz

I noticed you are playing with ACE?

If thats the case...the "0" (zero) on your keyboard is holstering/un-holstering your weapons  ;)

*Oh..i noticed you (or your teammate) found a M249? 

Nice wep for (typeAny) apocalypse  :D

ooooh yes, I'm new testing ACE and not familiar with all functionalities yet   :rolleyes:  :P

to say the truth, we (my son and I) are using it "only" for the "chemlight attached to equipment " option.

the idea of medic options is not that bad but I guess while you are dealing with Zeds,( the mission I made is - for now- without zombies ), ACE menu is not the best to use.....

ACE is a big change to the gameplay. there are some interesting ideas to pick up for Ravage, but like I already said, I prefer a mod build with all functionalities than coupling several mods to have what I need ( a sometimes the opposite of what I need too...)

Yes we found a M249 and a box of 200 rds in some military place in two separates loot containers (one at the first floor of the tower, the second on the roof )

I let it to my son, I prefer AKs or HK417 and use them shot by shot (ammos are not that much )

for now the MP scenario is we are stuck on the island and aware they are boats or helos somewhere (but no info about where, only that there are  99% of chances the machines will need repair and refuel  ) to escape from the island (main task ) 

we only have to deal with bandits factions and renegades.

mission is made with several random starting points for the start, choice of daytime.

we are two of us  with only bare hands and one uniform at the very begining...

one major zone of radiations, one bandit base, some settled camps and one seized town.

we've gone to the main base too deal with bandits.... a great moment!

xOrbhg.jpg

M9L5IE.jpg

xJlgaB.jpg

ZAyHCW.jpg

I spotted an armed offroad and try to deal with it, approching close enough to kill the guys ... and see you can syphon or repair the car even the guys are still alive in the car.... (not for long )

in5JGr.jpg

E7Mimw.jpg

:)  :P  :lol:  I can syphon the Offroad while the gunner is looking around.....; I do love this idea  :lol:  :lol:  B)

02foWn.jpg

the MP is made almost like Doctor X architecture: MP mission made on Arma Editor where RAVAGE modules are added with desired set ups.

that gives only survival to the main player (Player Commander) but not to the other players (they have no health status nor need to drink/eat/heal/rest.)

I might have to try to put Ravage Modules  on Pilgrimage... but I'm afraid both of the loot systems are conflicting )

• Like 1

Has anyone experienced drop in FPS in this update? I get 13-24 FPS which didnt happen earlier - usually I had 45-50 FPS in update prior to this?

Has anyone experienced drop in FPS in this update? I get 13-24 FPS which didnt happen earlier - usually I had 45-50 FPS in update prior to this?

Played last night for a few hours, didn't experience a frame drop as drastic as that.....were you using any mods?

Played last night for a few hours, didn't experience a frame drop as drastic as that.....were you using any mods?

Well the ones I used earlier (massi, hlc, unitsfx, enhanced movement, dragonfyre) but didnt have problems with FPS until now. Quite odd. I'll see to reinstall VGA drivers. :S

@Haleks

Any chance you can adjust the zombie strike range, i was hit by a zombie when he wasn't near me, he was a good few feet away. I guess you can't be too accurate with the strike distance but.......no  harm in asking eh?  :D

@Lecter

No frame drop for me either, occasionally i get a mild stutter but i do have mods running so understandable, but not really noticeable for me.

My mods: Not many  :D

@BCTracers_Edited;@CBA_A3;@CHVD;@DS_SonicCracks;@DragonFyreLite;@EM_LG;@Impulse_LG;@LHM_Glasses;@LHM_StaticDrag;@LKR_Ammo;@L_Align;@L_ArmFatigue;@L_Immerse;@ST_Map_AutoBrightness;@Tao_Foldmap_LG;@UI_Corrections;@Ravage;@MRG_Unit_SFX;@Zbe_Cache;@Outlw_MagRepack_3.1.3;@Outlw_Moduload_0.5.2_LG;@ASR_AI3_PE;@DFS_3rdPerson;@Unlocked_Uniforms;

Mods with LG on end are ones i edited or fixed.  ;)

I effectively have a FPS Drop but on the whole game as soon as it starts since I' ve installed ACE and I think it is more on ace side than on Ravage

I have @ACE installed but don't use it yet, will probably wait until it matures.  ;)

So, here's the changelog so far for the next version:

Tweaked :
Inventory will no longer close itself when the player is in a vehicle.
Repair script now compatible with both Ravage & vanilla toolkits (one use only for vanilla item).
Ravage version of the toolkit has a new inventory icon and has been renamed as "Toolbox".
Repair, syphon & refuel actions have a chance to alert nearby enemies.
Attack distance & timing for zombies.

Fixed :
Fixed wrong elevation for fireplaces, tents & sleeping bags (for good this time, I swear!).
Display issues on the inventory HUD with Geiger counters.
Minor fixes to Repair, syphon & refuel actions.

New :
[Ambiant AI module]New autonomous machines faction added to the list of Hostile Forces.

I'm going to work a bit more on the Action Menu and see if I can make the custom actions compatible with the AI : you could give a toolbox or a jerrycan to a unit and make him repair or syphon vehicles, for instance.

It would also be a first step towards better MP-compatibility, incidentally...

EDIT : Regarding the FPS drop : as far as I remember, none of the background functions were modified for v013.

The only change I can think of is that I slighty reduced the interval between each line of sight checks for the zombies.

I will restore it to previous settings - it's not a drastic change anyway - we'll see if it improves the framerate.

• Like 1

I played today and this time I had no FPS drops. I dont think it's the mod issue, maybe my PC was installing updates and that drawn CPU power which resulted in FPS drop (because I did check and some updates were downloaded last night when I played). It's probably that.

• Like 1