I'm sorry to say that the feral dogs won't be part of the first phase after all.

Hopefully we will see some K-9's in the future..........but for now let's just make-believe they are......"around" 

Apols for the overly long source video........YT makes a real arse of edited clips.   :q:

• Like 2

I knew you haven't forgotten ;) and I guess you have much to do before that.

the WIKI is a very good idea....

maybe we should think to mod the real life for days to be 48H ??

Ravage v013 is available!

drive_logo.png

Tweaked :

Target tracking abilities for zombies.

AntiRad pills efficiency.

Radiation Exposure rate.

Overhauled syphon & refuel system.

Improved visual feedback when hit by a zombie in 3rd person view.

Removed inventory option from zombies.

Increased damages inflicted by zombies.

Tweaked infected sounds.

Added back infected "Walkers".

Minor HUD changes.

Fixed :

Spawned wrecks & objects not always adapting to terrain slope.

Errors in the supported addons loot config.

User-defined values not working on the Loot module.

Fixed all placement related issues with fireplaces, tents & sleeping bags (for good).

Wound textures missing for one zombie model.

HUD kept displaying rad.exposure after dropping Geiger counter.

Various fixes.

[RHS] Loot config was using NPZ variants only.

New :

[CBA] Ravage now requires CBA_A3.

[CBA] New damage handling : units injured below 50% health are no longer forced to walk.

[CBA] AI Friendly fires cause reduced damages.

[CBA] AI units from the player's group are now able to override the "Hold fire" command when threatened by zombies.

Zombie population modules now give the option to spawn Runners, Walkers or both.

Each Horde module will now use its own settings and is completely independent from the Ambiant Zombie module.

Added rare enemy chopper flybys to the Altis demo mission (their origin will be explained later).

Have fun guys & gals!

• Like 7

Mod version : 0.1.3 (13/11/2015)

About Ravage & Supported Addons

This mod requires CBA_A3!

The first versions of Ravage are focused on SP free-roaming based mechanics; there's no endgame other than surviving and exploring Arma 3 & Arma 2 terrains from another perspective.

Ravage is designed to be compatible with many addons in order to bring in more variety :

So these are the supported mods with this mission. However whenever i click on RHS escalation it brings me to the page to download it. this says it comes with 3 missions and does not look like an add-on to this mod. How does this work? do i not use the missions and just use the files or what?

So these are the supported mods with this mission. However whenever i click on RHS escalation it brings me to the page to download it. this says it comes with 3 missions. it is not a ad-on to this mod. How does this work. do i not use the missions and just use the files or what?

On RHS' site you need to download their US file and their Russian file. Those two @ folders need to both be activated. Together (United States and Russia) they make up RHS Escalation. If someone says you need that mod, they mean you need both unless otherwise stated.

You do not need the missions.

On RHS' site you need to download their US file and their Russian file. Those two @ folders need to both be activated. Together (United States and Russia) they make up RHS Escalation. If someone says you need that mod, they mean you need both unless otherwise stated.

You do not need the missions.

ah. thanks. i have those already but i was wondering if i really needed this option. by the way how do i edit my occupation in my profile? i can't seem to find it.

gave it a go (maybe I should sleep at night)

I installed ACE and tried it:

sDiAd7.jpg

attaching chemlight to equipement helps in dark night (december 28th 2041, 05.15 am......cold and dark winter on Altis )

the fuel system works fine also :

1xD6nW.jpg

UKYglU.jpg

WlPdW2.jpg

well, this Offroad was a good one, it just needs some fuel....

unfortunately, I was putting items in a crate when a patrol appeared in the wrecks on the road... they thrown a grenade before I killed them all and all 4 wheels were destroyed ( no toolkit found )

I have to say view distance was highly decreased as I'm tested something new to increase "post apocalytic atmosphere"

some dust storm:

NMHjRD.jpg

eOknB5.jpg

the only matter I experienced for now is music doesn't start at the begining of the mission sometimes ( Module atmosphere, no command line in the init )

• Like 3

@haleks

Been playing for a few hours and f@#kin' love it. Killed 3 bandits, got radiation poisoning and thankfully I found 2 medikits, a map, sleeping bag, and thanks to the dearly departed bandits a weapon. Left it default apart from adding voipers immersion tweaks and an earplug script, which come in handy due to having headphones. Other than that, keep up the good work. Definitely get another donation from me next month mate, maybe sooner. This and Pilgrimage will give me sleepless nights.

AWESOME!!!!!  :wub:

• Like 2

Love the mission making aspect of your mod, the modules are awesome by the way please keep it up. One thing in your newest version you added options to spawn walkers, runners or both. I really only wanted walkers in my mission as I like to start off with absolutely nothing but the clothes on my back, but runners are still spawning event though I choose only walkers. Kind of a really hard game when you start and your running away from them non stop, makes looting near impossible. Not sure if its a bug or if you left a percentage possibility of the other zombies still being able to spawn when you choose only walkers in the zombie spawn modules. After I left the initial village I came across where I did see quite a bit of walkers the next town was mostly runners. 

Love the mission making aspect of your mod, the modules are awesome by the way please keep it up. One thing in your newest version you added options to spawn walkers, runners or both. I really only wanted walkers in my mission as I like to start off with absolutely nothing but the clothes on my back, but runners are still spawning event though I choose only walkers. Kind of a really hard game when you start and your running away from them non stop, makes looting near impossible. Not sure if its a bug or if you left a percentage possibility of the other zombies still being able to spawn when you choose only walkers in the zombie spawn modules. After I left the initial village I came across where I did see quite a bit of walkers the next town was mostly runners. 

Damn... I was starting to believe that nobody had issues to report! :D

Have you tried to set the percentage of Crawlers to 0? Unlike their name suggests, they are able to run as well. ^^'

If you're still having the same problem, it could be caused by some hiccups in the anim configs - shouldn't be too hard to fix in that case.

Haleks,

Love it. I actually don't have any negative criticism. I do, however, have three observations.

1. Humorously, on Bornholm, the Zeds spawn 'thickly' in open fields that have straw bales in them. I guess the Z's consider them buildings. Its really quite spectacular. I should grab some video for you.

2. It appears that all spawns balance themselves out when you set the percentage the same for each group in the module. I've noticed a vastly improved loot spawn when they're all set the same. The actual percentage doesn't matter. That number seems to set how many items you can possibly get in a spawn point.

3. Taking #2 above into account, I still get spawns of drinks the least. They still show up, but not like food and fak's.

My 1/2 cent.

Thank you,

FireWalker

Have you tried to set the percentage of Crawlers to 0? Unlike their name suggests, they are able to run as well. ^^'

If you're still having the same problem, it could be caused by some hiccups in the anim configs - shouldn't be too hard to fix in that case.

how do i change this? i can't figure out where do do it at in the files. 

I'd be interested to see your guy's opinion on how well the default mission is balanced (without using the editor placing modules, etc). I'm specifically thinking of runner to walker ratio and necessary loot.

I've never used the editor before. :(

I'd be interested to see your guy's opinion on how well the default mission is balanced (without using the editor placing modules, etc). I'm specifically thinking of runner to walker ratio and necessary loot.

The editor really isn't bad. I probably shouldn't link to outside sources, but if you start here and watch through the tutorials in order (bottom to top, I believe) , it may double the game experience of ARMA for you. Its really amazing what you can accomplish with this game. He has a video just on modules, I believe.

FireWalker

• Like 1

Is there a way to disable the haze that seems to be in the sky/atmosphere? it really bugs me.

nevermind i found it. 

yeah id love to have this mod spawn more stuff like FOOD and WATER cause i can never find any. Would love traders for this mod if possible.

@Haleks

Love the MOD mate, just one thing that frustrates me is the spawning of suitcases at the top and bottom of some staircases. It's a bit of a pain getting over them especially if you have the undead chasing you. Hope this can be fixed in a later update.

I lasted a day before my character sadly died of radiation poisoning. May he rest in peace! Food was scarce so he would've died eventually. It's a harsh and cruel world in RAVAGE.  :(  ;)

I play on Halexs's default and it's pretty good tbh and i know my way around the editor. You won't be disappointed!  ;)

• Like 1

@Haleks

Love the MOD mate, just one thing that frustrates me is the spawning of suitcases at the top and bottom of some staircases. It's a bit of a pain getting over them especially if you have the undead chasing you. Hope this can be fixed in a later update.

I lasted a day before my character sadly died of radiation poisoning. May he rest in peace! Food was scarce so he would've died eventually. It's a harsh and cruel world in RAVAGE.  :(  ;)

Yeah I need to filter some positions in several buildings - loot spawning in staircases is annoying.

I will probably remove/replace one or two objects like the suitcase : it doesn't really add to the atmosphere anyway.

By the way, since the mod now displays how many days you survived, I would love to know how you guys are doing out there! ;)

gave it a go with a MP style....("special WE"... we plane to go outside but with events in Paris I guess I'd better stay home )

my son tried to linked modules to the players in the editor (only two of them ) but it doesn't help that much as loot is only made by main player presence  (host) and it is the same about survival needs (the second player have no health status shown 

so it is no really MP compatible for now (but I guess not much need to be done )

for now no noticeable bug

here are a few screeshots of the MP game and one on my modified map ( bandits camps -slum house interior  )

Yejizg.jpg

D6QbXI.jpg

eXmGHu.jpg

dRRGnO.jpg

ACE is fine for having a chemlight on you in pich dark, but all the other specific modifications are a little bit anoying, especialy the medic system.(and AK74 are not 5.56 mm....)

I think it would be better to add this possibility directly to RAVAGE.

other suggestions/ideas/request:(my son have lot of ideas)

-dedicated weaponery for RAVAGE: baseball bate, axe, showel, knife, chainsaw, sword...... 

-dedicated lights (handeld or attached to weapon) in white and red 

-possibility to make diversion, throwing empty cans or shooting in fire extinguisher....

• Like 1

Hey buddy just wanted to give you an update, and yes it would seem that turning crawlers to 0 did the trick thank you. Everything else is working great from a couple of hours I tested yesterday. Keep it up dude your doing an incredible job with this mod and thank you so much for making this easy to implement from a mission maker stand point. 

Oh one last thought, are you planing on adding any documentation to the mod aside from the in game hints in your own prepackaged mission?