LOL! Valkyrie, that's pretty much my experience with Ravage so far too. In its current build, it would seem to me one would need to be extremely good at the game to survive long enough to get some decent gear. I've seen some videos where guys have actually been in a position to go on the offensive but just like you, I never ever make it that far.

Haleks is very receptive to feedback like ours and in his next update, we can expect to see far less running zombies (though my vote is for them to be removed if not completely, than mostly. LOL! But I can see how good players would want more of a challenge especially as their gear gets better). I'm actually waiting for this update to dive back in. I suck too much for now-Ravage but ADORE it with every fiber of my being. It's my favorite mod I'm too terrible to play right now and can't wait to dive back in once he publishes the current dev-build.

Just hang on a bit. He'll have something for us pretty soon. :)

• Like 1

@ValkyrieTeiwaz :

NPC footsteps volume being too low has always bothered me in Arma3 - on the other hand, sneaky zombies are a cool feature as well...

Ravage v012 is much harder than previously since all zombies are able to run - I kew it was a bit hardcore with the current health system when I released it.

Hopefully v013 will bring a better balance : the demo mission will use a mix of Walkers & Runners, and injuries won't affect your running speed so much (you will be able to run at a slow pace rather than being forced to walk once below 50% health).

By the way, I just wrote a neat little function wich will relieve the player from micro-managing their recruited units : when set to "Hold Fire", they will be able to ignore that order when zombies are detected at close range.

The GUI will still show the "Hold Fire" icon for those units, I just override that state without actually changing it.

I need to think of a practical way to make that function available to all units with CBA (to make it compatible with other addons), but the AI should be much smarter when it comes to its life. :)

@arma8 : I'm sorry to say that a steam release isn't planned at the moment - I haven't made up my mind yet.

• Like 4

@haleks

I've been on these forums for many years and i know you should never ask "when are you releasing the next update?" but i'm feeling rather naughty today. So haleks......... "when are you releasing the next update?".  :D

Sorry haleks i just couldn't resist asking the forbidden question!  I'm prepared to recant my sins if need be.  :P

Still got those GPU woes....still haven't played v0.1.2 yet.....so i'm reading "The Road".......again........got me thinking of some objectives for Ravage....

Cannibalism is a theme that could be explored......

Random bandit camps harvesting survivors for food.....these camps could liberated by the player, survivors could then be recruited.

As the search for food is often hard to find, the player could resort to cannibalism as a last resort, the risk being extreme sickness or even death....but these are desperate times.....

On a separate note, quite a few requests for adding NVG's to Ravage :annoy:.........why?........doesn't fit the theme at all.......

I would much rather scavenge for a wooden stick, some chicken wire and a piece of cloth soaked in kerosene/petrol....... :pray:  

Just some random thoughts......

• Like 1

:) I was thinking about the Road too ( I already have named my actual WIP mission this way [to be released someday, don't ask me when...] )

about NVGs... I'm looking around for something that might be interested to do (that I don't know how to set up for the NVGs for now ):

NVGs , why not, but a very few and with a very low life span, like low battery level or flickering amplifications tubes (there are visual effects for this on Arma, we just need to apply this effects when NVGs are in use.) or a much easier way like already done for some items here (toolkit for example) with the ability to use them only a few times before they disappear from the Player's gearlist.

Cannibalism ?! You mean ... if you find a knife like in DayZ and kill a guy then you can skin him and prepare some T-Bone steaks ???? :lol: BBQ time

@Haleks

I think I found something interesting to save FPS drop with editor placed objects and compositions.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27705

@haleks

I've been on these forums for many years and i know you should never ask "when are you releasing the next update?" but i'm feeling rather naughty today. So haleks......... "when are you releasing the next update?".  :D

Sorry haleks i just couldn't resist asking the forbidden question!  I'm prepared to recant my sins if need be.  :P

Probably sometime this week, I'm still tweaking the code to take advantage of CBA - but I'd say I've finished fixing most issues/glitches.

That means I will probably focus on new additions for v014 (new survival mechanics & MP compatibility, maybe).

Still got those GPU woes....still haven't played v0.1.2 yet.....so i'm reading "The Road".......again........got me thinking of some objectives for Ravage....

Cannibalism is a theme that could be explored......

Random bandit camps harvesting survivors for food.....these camps could liberated by the player, survivors could then be recruited.

As the search for food is often hard to find, the player could resort to cannibalism as a last resort, the risk being extreme sickness or even death....but these are desperate times.....

On a separate note, quite a few requests for adding NVG's to Ravage :annoy:.........why?........doesn't fit the theme at all.......

I would much rather scavenge for a wooden stick, some chicken wire and a piece of cloth soaked in kerosene/petrol....... :pray:  

Just some random thoughts......

The cannibalism idea is great : in fact it is exactly why I enjoyed DayZ2017 more than any other variant on Arma2.

You had a legit reason to be afraid of other players : true survival was the end-game (rather than being all geared-up and bored).

This is a concept that would fit nicely the MP version (not sure about SP though, the AI is way too easy to kill...).

And I hope you'll get a new GPU soon mate! :/

@Haleks

I think I found something interesting to save FPS drop with editor placed objects and compositions.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27705

Yeah I used the original version to spawn compositions on Arma2; I reckon it could be modified and turned into a caching system for objects - will definitely take a look into it!

Probably sometime this week, I'm still tweaking the code to take advantage of CBA - but I'd say I've finished fixing most issues/glitches.

That means I will probably focus on new additions for v014 (new survival mechanics & MP compatibility, maybe).

Cool, and thanks for giving me the requested info on a release date. I'm excited now, trying to finish as much D.I.Y as i can for the wife so i can play Ravage & Pilgrimage uninterrupted.  ;)

When are you releasing 014? JUST KIDDING?  :P  :D  ;)

To me the Road is pretty much the best "post-apo" novel ever written - masterpiece!

• Like 3

tested today scripts to simulate  damaged NVG.

it adds blur and grain effects to the image, and the view distance is setted to 1000 meters max...

NVGs are only useable to walk, you cannot aim with  (neither iron sights nor scopes)

I found it on Armaholic: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=28351

the mods for the lights and maps can be interesting too 

3bhOOh.jpg

I'm uploading a short video where the effects is more effective than on a fixed picture.

• Like 1

@rsoftokz :
Nice find! Although I don't plan on touching NVGs right now (I don't want to break compatibility with other mods, such as the enhanced NVG filter from Enhanced Movements), the map brightness + light feature is very interesting.
I'll definitely toy with it and eventually add it to Ravage.

Regarding v013 : the update is pretty much ready, still have a few tests to run.
No MP/COOP yet, this will probably be worked on for v014. And here's what should be the final changelog :

Tweaked :
Target tracking abilities for zombies.
AntiRad pills efficiency.
Radiation Exposure rate.
Overhauled syphon & refuel system.
Improved visual feedback when hit by a zombie in 3rd person view.
Removed inventory option from zombies.
Increased damages inflicted by zombies.
Tweaked infected sounds.
Added back infected "Walkers".
Minor HUD changes.

Fixed :
Spawned wrecks & objects not always adapting to terrain slope.
Errors in the supported addons loot config.
User-defined values not working on the Loot module.
Fixed all placement related issues with fireplaces, tents & sleeping bags (for good).
Wound textures missing for one zombie model.
Various fixes.
[RHS] Loot config was using NPZ variants only.

New :
[CBA] Ravage now requires CBA_A3.
[CBA] New damage handling : units injured below 50% health are no longer forced to walk.
[CBA] AI Friendly fires cause reduced damages.
[CBA] AI units from the player's group are now able to override the "Hold fire" command when threatened by zombies.
Zombie population modules now give the option to spawn Runners, Walkers or both.
Each Horde module will now use its own settings and is completely independent from the Ambiant Zombie module.
Added rare enemy chopper flybys to the Altis demo mission (their origin will be explained later).

One last thing I'll check tonight : the inventory is supposed to close itself as soon as the player starts running - I noticed this doesn't work with lateral movements.
Should be easy to fix; the update might be ready sometime tomorrow. ;)

• Like 4

Haleks said...."Added rare enemy chopper flybys to the Altis demo mission (their origin will be explained later)".

A classic cliffhanger........you are a tease. :popcornsmilie:

Should be easy to fix; the update might be ready sometime tomorrow. ;)

I was going to do some DIY for the wife tomorrow, sod that i'm going to sit here waiting for the release........ :D

haleks, on 11 Nov 2015 - 20:30, said:snapback.png

@rsoftokz :
Nice find! Although I don't plan on touching NVGs right now (I don't want to break compatibility with other mods, such as the enhanced NVG filter from Enhanced Movements), the map brightness + light feature is very interesting.

actually , pictures taken and shown here, are with Enhanced Mouvement AND the added script in my mission files.

the NVGs are to be added in my (WIP) survival oriented  mission I decided to do.

as said, such items will be rare to find in only a few places (rare but not hard to find if you are smart enough...) 

I guess there is no real need in Ravage Mod. (but maybe a larger choice of lights- white, red, higher white intensity like EricJ Surefire...)

I played with the tweakings of the visual effect:

for now I happy with the results, vision is light an old GEN II NVG (compared to the original ARMA 3 NVG who look like the best real GEN III "stat of the art" filmless tubes)
see the pictures bellow of a civilian at close range (2 to 5 meters) and mid range (25 meters) and shooting range (75-100 meters) 
circled in red on the last picture

kbuWzr.jpg

p9GaAj.jpg

3fB1IU.jpg

so NVGs will not be a real asset. you'll see enough to walk through the land, but there is an option that will not allow you to aim with NVGs (neither iron sights nor scopes, only if you have one precise type of  red dot sight).
view distance is low, blured and with grain, like a bad or used Gen II tube.

I had a strange bug a few hours ago when I wanted to deployed my tent on a hill in the grass...
I tried three times at different locations, have the same result then:
once the tent is deployed, it started to burn (like some loot container do in some damaged houses )

it stops to burn when I packed the tent back.

jZexGZ.jpg

:huh:  :o  :huh:

Haleks,

I've been playing with this mod for about a week or so and have run the default Altis mission, and then tried it on Nziwasogo and Helvantis with varying results. I think mainly due to the types of buildings within those two maps. So tonight, against my better judgment I created a mission file for Bornholm. (only said that because Bornholm taxes my hardware pretty good)

Wow !!!

Absolutely the most fun I've had playing single player in a long time!

Thank you so much for putting this mod together.

I let the music play, set the time to advance at 8x normal, and bumped up the chance for vital objects to spawn and went for it. Very fun, very spooky.

Only criticism I have, is I would like to see some slower Z's put back in the mod (as others have said). It kinda gets silly when they all run like track stars. And someone made the comment a couple pages back about having them make more sounds from a distant. I think that would be cool. Although it can scare the heck out of you when they roar right behind you out of nowhere. Also need a way to attach or carry a light stick. I think AGM had a way of doing it, but I don't think vanilla does. I don't use ACE.

I haven't read the last six or so pages of this topic, but I do know that you are very busy working on this.

Again, Thank You and I think your project is very well done!!

FireWalker

• Like 1

here is the video about NVG tweaks.

-test mission map w/o opponents. ( player to visit a renegades/bandits/survivors camp )

-Ravage Modules

-Enhanced Movement mod with NVG SFX

to be seen 1080P 

and yes, we definitivly need this:

(source DayZ TV)

dayz-0-47-chemlight.jpg

I m starting this without "pointing my finger at anyone personally" but..

In this thread i ve seen  requests as:

1) Repack magazines

2) Attach lightsticks

3) NVG effects

4) Advanced Medical functions

5) Holster your weapon (Prim/Sec) -already existing-

and probably other related things i can't remember now because i haven't finished my 1st coffee yet..

So my question is:

Why Haleks should re-invent the wheel while ACE features have all the above +other nifty things?

Yes..i ve seen problems with save game using ACE right now..but it would have been easier to focus on that imHo..

I hope Haleks hasn´t bought Fallout4  :P

Nah didn't buy it. I had the chance to try it for a few hours, thanks to a friend, and that game is utterly disappointing.

Dialogues, scenario, story-telling - everything that was so great with the original games is crap in Fallout 4...

Don't worry, Bethesda ain't turning me away from working on the mod!

I m starting this without "pointing my finger at anyone personally" but..

In this thread i ve seen  requests as:

1) Repack magazines

2) Attach lightsticks

3) NVG effects

4) Advanced Medical functions

5) Holster your weapon (Prim/Sec) -already existing-

and probably other related things i can't remember now because i haven't finished my 1st coffee yet..

So my question is:

Why Haleks should re-invent the wheel while ACE features have all the above +other nifty things?

Yes..i ve seen problems with save game using ACE right now..but it would have been easier to focus on that imHo..

True that - I am testing more & more features from ACE3, and I like what I see.

I didn't even realized they had a mag repack system of their own. ^^'

I will probably work on full ACE-support sooner than expected, I reckon right now that people are reluctant to use it along with Ravage as they don't know if this or that feature will work with the mod...

The update should be ready in few hours, by the way.

I've spotted some last minute issues that needed to be adressed; I'll do a proper test run tonight (it's 6pm in France right now), and release v013 if everything goes well.

• Like 5

The update should be ready in few hours, by the way.

I've spotted some last minute issues that needed to be adressed; I'll do a proper test run tonight (it's 6pm in France right now), and release v013 if everything goes well.

Nice one haleks. I gave you a small donation via paypal from (northener69). I've done the same for Rydygier and Lord Jarhead in the past, and i really like where this is going.   ;)

• Like 2

Nice one haleks. I gave you a small donation via paypal from (northener69). I've done the same for Rydygier and Lord Jarhead in the past, and i really like where this is going.   ;)

Thanks mate! Your support is very much appreciated - I should have enough morning coffee for the rest of the month. ;)

And thanks again to those who made a gesture as well, it's always a nice surprise at the end of a busy day!

• Like 2

ACE has been very finicky for me lately. Especially when trying to heal. Not only does it take FOREVER to heal (which could change the balancing of Ravage), but a lot of times, I can't even get the healing menu to show me more than a red circle. The healing branches don't consistently appear.

I can't speak to the rest of the mod very much, but I'm not really crazy about their healing mechanism. Just my two cents.

In any case, besides CBA_A3, all mods will be optional.

I intend to keep Ravage as flexible as can be. ;)

I might try ACE then....

For my one opinion, the less mods I use, the better it is. Less chances for weird things to happen for some mods conflicts.

It is why I prefer a mod where you can find all you need .

By the way, I'm for now more than happy with Ravage .

There are only a few minors bugs in the v012 already in the fixed list.

I tested it for hours now, installed Enhanced Movement mod.....

With Rydygier's Incognito, and Mocap... I was able to take down the fourth guy of a patrol, scramble on his Ak and kill the three others ..... Epic moment ( I will have to upload the video too) and it is really really cooooooolll!!!!

Now I'm playing to find scripts I need to add directly into my mission files.

I have lots of ideas for a great mission, I just need to learn and figure out how to script all of this together for it works

I didn't dig for now how to add from the mission files a few items ( weapons like M870 shotguns for example ) in the loot system .

Ravage will always be fine like it will be build anyway.

I'm just a player and ( newcomer) mission maker ....

• Like 1

@rsoftokz : I haven't forgotten your request about your mission : I'll write a quick tutorial explaining how to override the loot configs and add it to the OP.

I will eventually create a wiki page for Ravage, I just don't know when - mod development is quite time-consuming these days. ^^'