Any ideas when you may have ACE3 medical implemented?

Running into some weird inconsistencies with other "base" addons I've used for a while for this kind of game (ryans zombies and arma hunting mod, a plethora of weapons addons).

-The moment I pull ACE3 medical, things get weird, put it back in everything works.

- If I pull ACE3 altogether it works fine as vanilla medical/damage. 

- Any partial use of ACE3 without medical = weird damage related isses. 

Weird is:

- I'm invincible

- or the Zeds/infected are invincible

- Some weapons are grossly overpowered, others are like you're shooting blanks

- Get injured and can't heal

Tried to track it down but it appears that the versions I have are pretty dependent on part of ACE3 that denotes damage type.

ACE3 is either all in or all out.

Seeing how half my keymapping is inter-dependent with ACE3 stuff, I think I'm stuck going with it.

Other than the damage/medical issue this mod is pretty damn awesome, would love to use it in conjunction with standard landwarfare... WW3 => total meltdown scenarios.

B

I will take a good look at ACE3 code once the survival features are done & balanced.

Maintaining two versions of the code at the same time is going to eat too much time and slow-down development in the end...

But full ACE compatibility shall come.

Regarding the mod:

I've finished overhauling the syphon&refuel system, we can say good-bye to the old "either full or empty jerrycans" system.

And I think I just found out a way to cancel the forced walk when injured...

• Like 2

Haleks, I can help you with making this a multiplayer mod over a dedicated server with persistent vehicle and character data. Would take a lot of work, though. 

B

0.6 damage (40% health) and still running :

acd27aea-d92c-459f-b718-93b7fbbc0eab.jpg

One step away from death, and kinda running :

40a6b52c-cc43-4852-8821-3aa422d474c1.jpg

Well it's not animated so it's hard to realize, but right now the player (and all AI units) have the "slowed-down" animations when at 10% health (instead of the stupid walk animation).

I'm right in the middle of toying with it, and might bring back the walk speed when under 10% health, I don't know.

But playing Arma3 is going to feel soooo smooth. ;D

• Like 1

I like the sound of this a lot.....a visual representation of life ebbing away adds another layer to the mix......

Regarding your desire for a new Ravage-ized Altis, indeed it would be a huge task as it's such a vast space......maybe a Ravage-ized Stratis would be a better alternative, much smaller in size with only a couple of towns and outposts to "overgrow"........  

"Ravage-ized".........did i just create a new neologism? 

Okay so here's a quick list of the changes made this last couple of days on my DEVbuild :

Tweaked :

Target tracking abilities for zombies.

AntiRad pills efficiency.

Radiation Exposure rate.

Overhauled syphon & refuel system.

Improved visual feedback when hit by a zombie in 3rd person view.

Modified Arma3 Wound system : speed limit when under 50% health has been greatly reduced for all units (player & AI).

Fixed :

Spawned wrecks not always adapting to terrain slope.

Errors in the supported addons loot config.

New :

Ravage now requires CBA_A3.

I need to test the "tweaked speed limit when injured" feature extensively, but it should be compatible with all addons/units/weapons etc (as long as they inherit from vanilla base configs - thanks to CBA)...

Speaking of wich : as you may have noticed (or not), Ravage completely removes the constant moanin' & groanin' when you're under 75% health.

It looks like at least a few people would enjoy a stand-alone version of this.

I'm thinking about releasing a small, MP-compatible, mod with related features.

@SIU : SuckItUp! Mod

• Completely disables the constant groaning sounds when injured.
  • Greatly reduces speed limit when under 50% health (slowed-down animations instead of forced walk).

What do you guys think? Any suggestion to add?

• Like 2

Okay so here's a quick list of the changes made this last couple of days on my DEVbuild : I need to test the "tweaked speed limit when injured" feature extensively, but it should be compatible with all addons/units/weapons etc (as long as they inherit from vanilla base configs - thanks to CBA)...Speaking of wich : as you may have noticed (or not), Ravage completely removes the constant moanin' & groanin' when you're under 75% health.It looks like at least a few people would enjoy a stand-alone version of this.I'm thinking about releasing a small, MP-compatible, mod with related features. What do you guys think? Any suggestion to add?

LOL! @SIU I love that name. It's perfect.

Honestly though, and you know how much I want this no-moaning as a standalone. I have a thread dedicated to my hatred of it. :) But would you reconsider releasing it without the modified run speed? I'd honestly rather it just address the moaning and groaning and nothing else.

Regarding the Ravage devbuild, nice! What are the chances you could reduced or eliminate the running walkers just in the meantime until you balance it all out?

EDIT: Wait. Could you clarify what "Greatly reduces speed limit when under 50% health (slowed-down animations instead of forced walk)." means? Maybe I'm just not getting it. Will this make us move slower than vanilla or faster with heavy damage? If it's 'faster than vanilla,' then I'm VERY OK with you keeping it. I hate the vanilla slowdown too!

It means moving faster than vanilla. ^^

As for the Walkers, I will probably add them back for v0.1.3.

• Like 1

As for the Walkers, I will probably add them back for v0.1.3.

Could you please add them back? The walkers are the main reason I like/play your mod. 

As for bugs, the new map item says something about 'ctrl left click to place on ground' I can't get to work.

I was in an open field, went to deploy a tent and it said 'needs more room' even said that in the desert area near the swaps.

The loot system, I set items to 100 and the rest to 0 but was finding lots of guns and ammo and few items (seems like the older version worked better).

Keep up this great work

oh, ever think about crawling (prone) zombies? 

So, i've decided to release my mission for you guys to test. It is still a wip and its my first release. be gentle.

If you would like to modify any of the code or make things work properly, plz send me a copy of your change and a description of what was changed.

Everyone who contributes to the mission will be credited

http://www.megafileupload.com/5ruj/Ravaged_Esseker.7z

Edit: forgot to add requirements:

Ravage

Ace 3

Esseker Map

I recommend personally:

Ace 3, Ravage, RHS (Both parts), Blastcore Skies, Bloodmist, CBA A3, Dawn of the Dead, Enhanced movement, Esseker map, Ibuild, LHM Glasses, TRYK's Multiplay Uniforms, Unit SFX.

I also used MCC to test ingame to see whats spawning etc.

Edit 2: after some messing around, i managed to publish a PW6 collection. You can get it from here https://play.withsix.com/arma-3/collections/eYMn8s6YgUKFetyy5rPUwA/Ravage

or search "Ravage" from the client

• Like 2

So, i've decided to release my mission for you guys to test. It is still a wip and its my first release. be gentle.

If you would like to modify any of the code or make things work properly, plz send me a copy of your change and a description of what was changed.

Everyone who contributes to the mission will be credited

http://www.megafileupload.com/5ruj/Ravaged_Esseker.7z

Edit: forgot to add requirements:

Ravage

Ace 3

Esseker Map

I recommend personally:

Ace 3, Ravage, RHS (Both parts), Blastcore Skies, Bloodmist, CBA A3, Dawn of the Dead, Enhanced movement, Esseker map, Ibuild, LHM Glasses, TRYK's Multiplay Uniforms, Unit SFX.

I also used MCC to test ingame to see whats spawning etc.

Edit 2: after some messing around, i managed to publish a PW6 collection. You can get it from here https://play.withsix.com/arma-3/collections/eYMn8s6YgUKFetyy5rPUwA/Ravage

or search "Ravage" from the client

I'm having trouble getting your mission to work - it doesn't actually load. Can you be a little more specific on exactly which mods need to be running as the requirements you've listed don't seem to get it going. Mission file has been placed in the Missions folder and the other folder into my player profile. The following mods are running: CBA, ACE 3, allinarmastandalone, esseker, ravage, dawn of the dead skins, rhs (both parts). I even tried stripping back the mods and it still doesn't work so i think maybe you've forgot to list something.

I was wondering if it was possible to make the zombies spot you further away, maybe like 100 yards out? Also I feel the zombies don't have much presence to them sound effect wise. What I mean, It would make the zombies more creepy if you could hear them in the distance, maybe around the 50 yard mark you hear them moaning to give the player an alert that a zombie is near by. You know what I mean? A distant sound for a runner or a slow walking zombie. I would like to hear them more, I seem to only hear them if they are literally right on top of you. 

Lastly I think the zombies would create more fear for the player if they were able to inflict more damage. I'm thinking maybe all it takes for you to die by a zombie is if you get hit two times, that would really be a game changer where the player really feared for his life. The zombies feel too easy, you can get hit like 5x before actually dying.

Overall it's still a nice mod, I used in one of my missions, but overall I think the mission would be 10x more scarier if the zombies could spot you further out, you can hear them more in the distance, and inflict more damage.

I'm having trouble getting your mission to work - it doesn't actually load. Can you be a little more specific on exactly which mods need to be running as the requirements you've listed don't seem to get it going. Mission file has been placed in the Missions folder and the other folder into my player profile. The following mods are running: CBA, ACE 3, allinarmastandalone, esseker, ravage, dawn of the dead skins, rhs (both parts). I even tried stripping back the mods and it still doesn't work so i think maybe you've forgot to list something.

The only modules placed on the map are from Ravage & ACE 3. Everything else is in the mission folder itself.

Also you only one of the folders to run the mission. One is for the editor and one is the mission itself.

I also may have figured out what was wrong. When i was messing about last night, i added DSS in to see how it would work with Ravage. I deleted the modules from the map but i missed the entries in the mission.ext.

I have fixed that and tested it. Sorry bout that and thanks for the heads up

Here is the updated version.

http://www.megafileupload.com/me81/Ravaged_Esseker.7z

@Haleks: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=29262 Arma 3 Hunting Mod - Have you thought bout adding stuff like this or adding a config which would alter it and add its items into the loot spawn system. Just thinking, a bow would be an awesome weapon, mostly for us sneaky types

I may play with this a bit and see how it could fit into ravage.

@Cyphas_Cayne

Hey nice to see a fresh release

I m deeply concerned tho if ACE will work properly.

I used it on my first "Vanilla Ravage" games..and it was a disaster.

The biggest problem was the Save game.

Loading a save game wont initialize ACE features and menu's..and after maybe 3 hours of playing (and NOT less)

..something triggered it to initialize under unknown circumstances!

Also (i think has been mentioned) ..while ACE "from the box" translates EVERY First Aid Kit you take

into 2xBandages+Morphine..sometimes i took unknown damage to ALL my bodyparts ..and even

i had "ingame health" 100..i (eventually) got to unconscious state infinite forcing me to abort the game :/

I hope some (or all) issues are resolved somehow tho...

HI There

I've updated both of the SP missions in made (WIP based on original Ravage SP mission) w/o ( Ravage_NoZ.Altis ) and with ( Ravage_Z.Altis)* zombies  ........  to test RAVAGE deeply the way you want 

- 8 spawns aeras, nothing else but your clothes and bare hands at the begining...

- ONE major radiation zone, other parts of the Island should be radiation free (Ravage_NoZ.Altis)

- "refugees,bandits,whatever you want to give a name to " camps and bases all over Altis: that means new buildings (slumhouses, containers, military shelters) in some locations with bandits. (a more "survivor's land of Altis" )
- one major fortified base somewhere with a strongly defended armory ( a few bonus items to find, for who want some cool toys  )

- a few "survivor ATV", with added crate on the vehicule where you can stock weapons, ammos and survival items

- added scripts directly in the PBO to work on original RAVAGE mod

so... now

some towns are seized by Bandits where they try to survive... the night is not dark everywhere

vh8E6N.jpg

and camps can be found here and there, where you'll have to fight to survive and find some usefull survival items.

diMuZv.jpg

still WIP so there might be some littles bugs here and there, I'm working on it.

both missions are on my Onedrive link already given

( this one: https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=f9926de685cc562f&id=F9926DE685CC562F%211105&authkey=%21AJHUip3ZAkeP7wQ )

for now I didn't modified the credits intro into the mission so:

based on original Ravage SP mission of the mod, all credits to "master"  Haleks,  ;)

added ATV script: credits to Stumps

some modified parts of Altis credits to Ramon.Dexter ( survivor SP Mission  http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=28367 )

some modified parts of Altis credits  to MassAster (Echo Diary http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23271 )

some modified  parts of Altis credits to  K120 (Operation Astraeus  http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22412 )

credits to all the community of BIS Arma 3 who teach me how to compile  all those works together for  a SP mission.

recommanded Mods:

Massi's Nato and Russians Weapons

Tryk's Uniforms

Mocap bu Kol9yN

Incognito by Rydygier

known issues:

-burning car at the begining scene sometimes missing

-dead dude close to the burning car at the begining never showed up... (I guess he had better things to do than dying at each start of the mission )

-all reported issues of RAVAGE

-certainly more... play and report here for all about Ravage,( MP if it is about  the mission files )... thanks in advance

* I didn't test the Zombies SP mission I made, the only difference with the w/o Z is Zeds are activated in this one...

so bandits will kill Zeds  who will kill bandits who will kill you who will kill both...

to do:

-more "refugees/bandits" bases

-one "good guys" camp somewhere

-a few tasks

-one mission goal

-make it COOP /MP for it works...

-Hit the "Donate" button on Haleks posts.....

enjoy

• Like 1

Haleks, could we get an "automatic" setup for missions on other maps, where we just need to change the world prefix of the mission file and it automatically defines everything the same as it is on Altis?

• Like 1

rsoftokz, on 07 Nov 2015 - 13:33, said:
HI There

I've updated both of the SP missions in made (WIP based on original Ravage SP mission) w/o ( Ravage_NoZ.Altis ) and with ( Ravage_Z.Altis)* zombies ........ to test RAVAGE deeply the way you want

- 8 spawns aeras, nothing else but your clothes and bare hands at the begining...
- ONE major radiation zone, other parts of the Island should be radiation free (Ravage_NoZ.Altis)
- "refugees,bandits,whatever you want to give a name to " camps and bases all over Altis: that means new buildings (slumhouses, containers, military shelters) in some locations with bandits. (a more "survivor's land of Altis" )
- one major fortified base somewhere with a strongly defended armory ( a few bonus items to find, for who want some cool toys )
- a few "survivor ATV", with added crate on the vehicule where you can stock weapons, ammos and survival items

so... now

some towns are seized by Bandits where they try to survive... the night is not dark everywhere

vh8E6N.jpg

and camps can be found here and there, where you'll have to fight to survive and find some usefull survival items.

diMuZv.jpg

still WIP so there might be some littles bugs here and there, I'm working on it.

( this one: https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=f9926de685cc562f&id=F9926DE685CC562F%211105&authkey=%21AJHUip3ZAkeP7wQ )

based on original Ravage SP mission of the mod, all credits to "master" Haleks, ;)
some modified parts of Altis credits to Ramon.Dexter ( survivor SP Mission http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=28367 )
some modified parts of Altis credits to MassAster (Echo Diary http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23271 )
some modified parts of Altis credits to K120 (Operation Astraeus http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22412 )
credits to all the community of BIS Arma 3 who teach me how to compile all those works together for a SP mission.

recommanded Mods:
Tryk's Uniforms
Mocap bu Kol9yN
Incognito by Rydygier

known issues:

-dead dude close to the burning car at the begining never showed up... (I guess he had better things to do than dying at each start of the mission )
-certainly more... play and report here for all about Ravage,( MP if it is about the mission files )... thanks in advance

* I didn't test the Zombies SP mission I made, the only difference with the w/o Z is Zeds are activated in this one...
so bandits will kill Zeds who will kill bandits who will kill you who will kill both...

to do:

-a few tasks
-one mission goal

enjoy

Seems worth an own thread in my opinion.

Haleks, could we get an "automatic" setup for missions on other maps, where we just need to change the world prefix of the mission file and it automatically defines everything the same as it is on Altis?

That would be fantastic!

@Cyphas_Cayne

Just tested your latest version..and things were just as i was afraid on the above post .

ACE wont initialize after resuming a saved game (or not in-time i guess) :/

You ll get the "self actions" indicator..but no sub-menu will be accessible/collapse-able.

Also..if you can put the "Check wallet" action on a "Radio menu" it will be better. (Shift+0 on ACE)

Where it is right now it will cause problems under stressful  moments (ie switch to other weapon or open door)

There was also an visible error with ACE engineer (*something) on mission start.

*added*

Just for the records..

I m sure it's not YOUR fault or Haleks's) for ACE init..but it would be nice if a workaround can be found.

Maybe 1 that doesn't include the "Moduload" addon

Does anyone got experience with the compatibility of Outlawled's Mag Repack? It seems it is not working with the mod. Is there any other way which allows you to repack mags? I hate it if my inventory is trashed with half-filled mags, but I can't throw things aways. 

Also I'm using some HLC-Mods and the M4/ pistol-pack by Robert Hammer. Any way that all of the vanilla-weapons will be replaced with moded ones? Most of the weapons I found are fine, but every now and then I find a Katiba or such. 

Haleks, as usal, thanks for you great work! :)

Thanks for the suggestions & bug reports guys!

I spotted a few issues thanks to you - the most annoying one being that user-defined chances aren't working at all for the loot module (failure to override default settings).

It looks like they never worked, actually. T_T

I've already fixed a bunch of things on my build. Seen as there aren't that many urgent problems to adress (for now), I will probably release v013 soon so I can focus on new additions.

About the one universal PBO mission file suggestion : one of the purposes of the modules was to avoid that. ^^'

Right now Altis uses a few manually placed elements, making it impossible to just rename the file and play it on another terrain.

Anyway, here's the changelog so far for the next version of Ravage :

Tweaked :

Target tracking abilities for zombies.

AntiRad pills efficiency.

Radiation Exposure rate.

Overhauled syphon & refuel system.

Improved visual feedback when hit by a zombie in 3rd person view.

Removed inventory option from zombies.

Modified Arma3 Wound system : speed limit when under 50% health has been greatly reduced for all units (player & AI).

Fixed :

Spawned wrecks not always adapting to terrain slope.

Errors in the supported addons loot config.

User-defined values not working on the Loot module.

Fixed all placement related issues with tents & sleeping bags (for good).

New :

Ravage now requires CBA_A3.

@Marduk1813 : I migth write my own mag-repack system later on. ;)

HI There

I've updated both of the SP missions in made (WIP based on original Ravage SP mission) w/o ( Ravage_NoZ.Altis ) and with ( Ravage_Z.Altis)* zombies  ........  to test RAVAGE deeply the way you want 

- one major fortified base somewhere with a strongly defended armory ( a few bonus items to find, for who want some cool toys  )

so... now

vh8E6N.jpg

diMuZv.jpg

( this one: https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=f9926de685cc562f&id=F9926DE685CC562F%211105&authkey=%21AJHUip3ZAkeP7wQ )

based on original Ravage SP mission of the mod, all credits to "master"  Haleks,  ;)

some modified parts of Altis credits to Ramon.Dexter ( survivor SP Mission  http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=28367 )

some modified parts of Altis credits  to MassAster (Echo Diary http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23271 )

some modified  parts of Altis credits to  K120 (Operation Astraeus  http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22412 )

credits to all the community of BIS Arma 3 who teach me how to compile  all those works together for  a SP mission.

recommanded Mods:

Tryk's Uniforms

Mocap bu Kol9yN

Incognito by Rydygier

known issues:

-certainly more... play and report here for all about Ravage,( MP if it is about  the mission files )... thanks in advance

so bandits will kill Zeds  who will kill bandits who will kill you who will kill both...

to do:

-a few tasks

-one mission goal

enjoy

I just gave it a go. I'm not sure how much the original was changed and I don't know too much about creating and managing scripts in missions but the first thing I noticed was that the performance was quite bad. I pretty much had to stop playing after about twenty minutes because my game turned into a literal slideshow. It would appear that perhaps either too much is going on in the background or some optimizations need to be made. For reference the vanilla Ravage mod will maintain around 70fps and only drop noticeable in and around large cities. I'm aware this will depend on the hardware people are running but the vanilla Ravage is a good benchmark as to how a mission should be able to run. This was borderline unplayable in my experience. I really like the features you've added into it but perhaps some are straining the mission? Just my two cents.

One mission I had played which im sure some of you have heard of called Escape Altis where you start with nothing, you start in a small makeshift prison with a guard

who is there and then dies mysteriously, so you grab his gear and anything else.

Point is, a cool mission idea for ravage would be like this where in that mission you are looking for a radio base, to hack the radio to call your own base to pick you up,

problem is the enemy is chasing/searching you most of the time, you can lose them, but they chase you, overall you have no map, so you have no idea where this base is, once you do get a map,

and thats from looting dead bodies, then theirs markers on the map for enemy ammo bases, medic bases, radio bases, ect,.

Once you get to a radio base/camp and hack the radio and call your base, the base will put a marker on your map the location of the rendezvous, so that can be close or far,

so then your new objective is to make it there, once you do chopper will land to pick you up while the other chopper acts as a gunship to cover the transport one.

For a ravage mission this idea of surviving an post-apocalyptic land overrun with zombies and bandits of any sort, could be interesting if you had a reason or objective or place to

go if you could discover its location either through a map or through hints like the mission insurgency would give, when you found a briefcase, hints in a form of a ?marker with meters on it would

give you an idea of how far the objective might be, and every briefcase you picked up would either add to the marker or decrease the number, sort of an investigation

in a way while trying to survive, think it would add to the story.

Story wise I see the hints at the bottom of the screen during loading of the mission, and I'm thinking that haleks you already have a sorta of story behind the mod, just need to put it down,

I'd like to know how one starts, whats the story behind the beginning in the "official" mission when you start.

Something I'd like to see more of in the mod is more atmosphere, and ambiance, some of the following:

• overgrowth on buildings, more run down, more ruins, wartorn
  • car pileups
  • civilian dead, burnt, hanging, mass graves ect,. bodies

I had thought a mission in the Ravage Environment that tied into the Lore might be interesting but then I realized it would be helpful to have read the book that Haleks mentioned..

So its really still just a concept. Similar to Doctor X for now but that would be easy to change up with some background knowledge.

There are still a few issues such as the massive hiccup as the Heli descends... but its working OK for now.

• Like 2

Can someone with knowledge on how to setup missions on alternate islands write a tutorial? I also wouldn't hurt for it to go on the main post so it doesn't get lost...

• Like 1