@Cyphas_Cayne

I m missing something here?

This isn't by far the Namalsk map i used to know in A2 era.

There was an update while ArmA3 got out..or you did "manual work" for mission needs?

Nope sorry, i dont have Namalsk........ yet

Its Esseker done with a custom mission im working on

Edit: Im starting to think i should go get it

Hey guys, was just wondering - do you think this would work?

In the init.sqf

InjCash = Compile preprocessFile("InjCash.sqf");

In InjCash.sqf

_this addEventHandler 
	["Inject Cash",
		{
		{if (group _x != group player && isNil {_x getVariable "cash"}) then {_x setVariable ["cash", random 10, true]}} count _this;
		}
	];

Been playing with scripting for days now, and i have most of the scripts working, just tweaking them now.

Small corrections :

init.sqf

fnc_InjCash = Compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "InjCash.sqf"; //just a naming convention so you don't forget this is a function

IniCash.sqf

{if (group _x != group player && isNil {_x getVariable "cash"}) then {_x setVariable ["cash", random 10, true]}} count _this;

To call your function from a trigger, put this in the Activation field :

0 = [thisList] call fnc_IniCash

By the way, I'm looking at your video, I'm already quite impressed with object placements - looks like a lot of love went into scene compositions.

Nice work!

Small corrections :

init.sqf

fnc_InjCash = Compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "InjCash.sqf"; //just a naming convention so you don't forget this is a function

IniCash.sqf

To call your function from a trigger, put this in the Activation field :

0 = [thisList] call fnc_IniCash

By the way, I'm looking at your video, I'm already quite impressed with object placements - looks like a lot of love went into scene compositions.

Nice work!

Thanks for fixing the code and thanks for the compliment, I hope im doing your mod justice mate.

To be honest ..i REALLY missed a mission named "Quarantine" from ArmA1 era http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=2509

*vids*

Was a mission with the North-eastern area of *Corazol (Sahrani map) ..was the secure area ..

while there was a border to the Western area-the contaminated area-heavily guarded by static HMG's

You could do random tasks as i remember (rescue survivors or transport ammo/supplies to an FOB deep on the infected zone.-with credit rewards

(buy better guns/ammo etc)   :rolleyes:

I would love if someone has the same dream and ability to create a *proper mission :)

*added*

btw @Cyphas_Cayne ..with the "blacklisted areas" etc +currency ..i think you are *almost there :)

• Like 1

Here you go. Not my best work but i will a better one when im ready to release the mission

Nice video. What's the mission objective or what does the story entail?

Anyway, I'm glad to see someone using Haleks' awesome framework.

Haleks, are you allowing people to post their custom Ravage missions here in this thread?

To be honest ..i REALLY missed a mission named "Quarantine" from ArmA1 era http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=2509

*vids*

Was a mission with the North-eastern area of *Corazol (Sahrani map) ..was the secure area ..

while there was a border to the Western area-the contaminated area-heavily guarded by static HMG's

You could do random tasks as i remember (rescue survivors or transport ammo/supplies to an FOB deep on the infected zone.-with credit rewards

I would love if someone has the same dream and ability to create a *proper mission :)

*added*

btw @Cyphas_Cayne ..with the "blacklisted areas" etc +currency ..i think you are *almost there :)

That's a really interesting idea.... :)

The blacklisting should be fairly easy... I might get a test version looked at and then wait for a currency system.

Maybe when Cyphas_Cayne is done his mission we should all collaborate on a sp version..

Haleks, are you allowing people to post their custom Ravage missions here in this thread?

Of course!

Although I also encourage people to create their own thread in the User Missions section of the forum : they will probably receive more feedback & visibility.

This thread can be very active around updates, and posts about custom missions could easily get lost between discussions. ^^

• Like 1

Hi Haleks,

I was hoping to publish the updated version of my "Revenant:Homecoming" Ravage mission today (finally got some spare time). Do you think the new updates will break the mission, or in other words, should I wait until after the weekend? The mission doesn't use ambiant AI module (ie there are no bandits) just the horde and zombie spawn, loot and survival modules.

Also, a question for you all: I have been trying (and failing) to get in contact with the maker of another mod (Stronghold) because I have used a script from his mod which creates a dust storm effect and the colour correction settings from it as well in my SP missions. No luck making contact. He isn't active in the forums so I friended him on steam but he hasn't answered my questions.

Seeing as how this is a SP mission, not a mod, can I credit the author in the description or do I need his express permission to publish my mission?

• Like 1

Hi Haleks,

I was hoping to publish the updated version of my "Revenant:Homecoming" Ravage mission today (finally got some spare time). Do you think the new updates will break the mission, or in other words, should I wait until after the weekend?

Also, a question for you all: I have been trying (and failing) to get in contact with the maker of another mod (Stronghold) because I have used a script from his mod which creates a dust storm effect and the colour correction settings from it as well in my SP missions. No luck making contact. He isn't active in the forums so I friended him on steam but he hasn't answered my questions.

Seeing as how this is a SP mission, not a mod, can I credit the author in the description or do I need his express permission to publish my mission?

I'm using that script too. Do not publish anything without permission is the rule... if u have to, publish without that script.

Unfortunately sometimes people don't get back to u... that is not a form of permission and one always has to assume no up until it is a concrete yes.

If it had been released as a stand alone script usually the terms are in the release but since it was in a pbo you should get permission,

It does work well ;)

Hi Haleks,

I was hoping to publish the updated version of my "Revenant:Homecoming" Ravage mission today (finally got some spare time). Do you think the new updates will break the mission, or in other words, should I wait until after the weekend? The mission doesn't use ambiant AI module (ie there are no bandits) just the horde and zombie spawn, loot and survival modules.

If you aren't using the ambiant AI module, it should be okay. But at this point, I'd recommend waiting for the update - just to make sure everyone uses the latest version and doesn't report already fixed issues.

And players won't need to restart the scenario after they install the v.0.1.2 update. ;)

As for Stronghold, it was a contestant in the Make Arma Not War event : I believe those mods were published under the basic Arma public license.

In other words, and unless the author changed the license afterwards, you can make use of Stronghold assets as long as you respect the license terms.

Just make sure it is the right license - I'm too lazy to go through the MANW submission rules right now! ^^'

• Like 1

That would be sweet. The dust effect is pretty cool.

Cool, I'll wait. Thanks for the tip and Keep up the good work mate! I still haven't played vanilla ARMA3 since Ravage was released.

I'll make a post when I update the mission, for anyone interested in playing it, let me give you a tip...keep searching for the objective and conserve your ammo!

That would be sweet. The dust effect is pretty cool.

Yeah, it gives a different vibe, check this out:

dust.jpg

• Like 1

The road and Those buildings in the distance look almost photo realistic in that shot

• Like 1

If the demand is high enough I could make a LUT with that look. It shouldn´t take long although I don´t see the attractivity in it.

It looks like some kind of desertish surrounding with lack of blue.

Or @theVoid - in the steam workshop are some mods to create PPEffects by a GUI. You can make it yourself real quick for your mission i´d say.

Regards

• Like 1

If the demand is high enough I could make a LUT with that look. It shouldn´t take long although I don´t see the attractivity in it.

Or @theVoid - in the steam workshop are some mods to create PPEffects by a GUI. You can make it yourself real quick for your mission i´d say.

Regards

Yeah, I really like the vanilla Ravage look with the rain and all, sort of reminds me of the latter half of 28 Days Later when they're out in the country. Gloomy and spooky.

I've been playing around with the dusty post apocalyptic feel of late, a little more "Fallout-ish" or Fury Road even is what i was going for.

It's horses for courses I guess.

As if Haleks doesn't have enough to think about...it would be cool if the atmosphere module allowed mission makers to pick a "theme" for ambiance...one day  :) 

Well your default LUT has ruined standard arma for me forever. Me and BB were standing on top of a building in Kunduz admiring the sunrise last night ;)

Regards

Yep, this one could do the trick : http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=237891649

As if Haleks doesn't have enough to think about...it would be cool if the atmosphere module allowed mission makers to pick a "theme" for ambiance...one day  :)

Not a bad idea, actually. ^^

Well your default LUT has ruined standard arma for me forever. Me and BB were standing on top of a building in Kunduz admiring the sunrise last night ;)

Thank you for the compliment!

I appreciate that.

*vids*

*added*

I like your thinking and i will look into it.

Nice video. What's the mission objective or what does the story entail?

Anyway, I'm glad to see someone using Haleks' awesome framework.

At this point it is just a singleplayer sandbox thats trying to keep to Haleks OP as best as possible, but it could move on to a mp mission once Haleks has configured it for mp use. I will do some testing in mp myself.

As for mission objectives/story, i haven't decided.

As im still setting the foundations for this map, i may just leave it as is and add things like dynamic missions etc.

That's a really interesting idea.... :)

The blacklisting should be fairly easy... I might get a test version looked at and then wait for a currency system.

Maybe when Cyphas_Cayne is done his mission we should all collaborate on a sp version..

Thats would be awsome

Is there a way to adjust spawn pools? Like, for instance, if I want to remove vanilla military uniforms and vehicles from spawning. Also, have zombies and bandits that are wearing random RHS gear?

Good mornin' chaps!

In case anyone is wondering if v.0.1.2 is going to be released today : it's not.

Maybe tomorrow.

I'm way too busy having a blast working on a new Horde system written somewhere in a sleepless and over-caffeinated night.

80 pissed-off zombies moving and reacting together :

b417ee9a-51b1-402f-a471-137d57353882.jpg

ac2c8636-df70-449d-a018-df2aaefdda10.jpg

9435cba5-f67f-4064-a24d-17f285cf7d2b.jpg

160 undead hooligans in town :

930557f4-e2c5-4ebb-8a18-f3ba77ed3f95.jpg

(Too much maybe, these guys were starting to molest my framerate...)

Will post more infos once I catch up some sleep.

Cheers!

• Like 5