Hi chaps, quick update on the update!

I've been doing more work on the modules, besides the changes I already talked about and some other stuff.

The Debug module is still very much WIP but already offers some usefull informations :

7b103865-74bc-491e-8017-b3550ef0048d.jpg

It only displays some markers for a few modules right now, but hopefully this should help mission makers visualize the effects of said modules, as well as how they behave with each map.

I'll probably work on more debug options tomorrow, since I'm more or less done balancing the ingame mechanics.

The loot module has also been updated with a few options :

85164f96-2127-41a9-b9b3-ee460ab92838.jpg

And here's the updated changelog for v0.1.1, scheduled to be released this week-end :

Tweaked :

Minor HUD changes.

Widen zombie's FOV.

Increased default spawn distance for zeds.

Zeds will now spawn inside buildings when possible.

Zeds can now spawn in the wild, not only around buildings.

Improved AI awareness of nearby zombies.

Dynamic weather tuning.

Distances and timers for NPC spawns.

Improved combat effectiveness of enemy groups.

Bandits can potentially have more ammo on them.

Vital items now have their own loot table.

Player spawns with more ammo in the Altis scenario.

Fixed :

Car patrols were not spawning.

Drink actions were broken.

Zeds should definitely stop hitting through walls.

Zeds are now able to effectively chase targets inside buildings.

Bandits would disengage too soon on some occasions.

Recruited survivors would sometimes turn on the player for killing a specific type of bandit.

Fixed all script errors & RPT spam.

New :

Added a music option to the Atmosphere Module.

Added user-defined spawn chances to the Loot Module.

Added new module : Settings module.

Added new module : Ambiant zombies module, allows more control over zombie settings.

Added new module : Zombie horde manual placement.

Added new module : Debug module (WIP).

The "main module" has been replaced by the "survival module".

On a side note, I'd like to say that I feel a tad sorry for leaving you guys for 2 weeks with a few broken features, but I dare say it will be worth the wait. ;)

Oh, and one last thing, since we are talking about mission-making.

If you guys enjoy a good piece of music while scripting stuff, here's a few suggestions wich might glue you to your screen & headphones until 3 a.m :

Cheers!

• Like 6

sounds great dude!

the debug stuff looks nice. i love visualisation.

• Like 1

that is quite a changelog and well worth the wait...

As it turns out I had fixed the bandit car script from the pm's lol

Hey... there's a truck... ohh it's flashing it's lights at me... wait... those aren't lights

Really looking forward to the changes and thanks for being so responsive to the requests Haleks...

• Like 1

Hi chaps, quick update on the update!

I've been doing more work on the modules, besides the changes I already talked about and some other stuff.

The Debug module is still very much WIP but already offers some usefull informations :

7b103865-74bc-491e-8017-b3550ef0048d.jpg

It only displays some markers for a few modules right now, but hopefully this should help mission makers visualize the effects of said modules, as well as how they behave with each map.

I'll probably work on more debug options tomorrow, since I'm more or less done balancing the ingame mechanics.

The loot module has also been updated with a few options :

85164f96-2127-41a9-b9b3-ee460ab92838.jpg

And here's the updated changelog for v0.1.1, scheduled to be released this week-end :

On a side note, I'd like to say that I feel a tad sorry for leaving you guys for 2 weeks with a few broken features, but I dare say it will be worth the wait. ;)

Oh, and one last thing, since we are talking about mission-making.

If you guys enjoy a good piece of music while scripting stuff, here's a few suggestions wich might glue you to your screen & headphones until 3 a.m :

Cheers!

Bravo mate,bravo!

Is there a wiki or something similar for ravage?I would like to see an antire list of weapons and items that are within the mod if possible as i want to compliment them with editor placed objects when creating a mission.

Looking forward to the update for weekend i even cancelled going out for beers coz i wanna play it through the night ;)

On a side note, I'd like to say that I feel a tad sorry for leaving you guys for 2 weeks with a few broken features, but I dare say it will be worth the wait.

You are doing a really good job here and since you make this for free and in your personal free time I think I can say that no one is upset - besides that this mod is just really really great.

Also I think it is not too easy to balance such a mod entirely alone and that you released it and got this many feedback from players who stated to have played it for 4h and more was just a good gaining of data to refine it faster.

I can´t wait to make a mission with the new update - so thanks to you again!

• Like 1

Since we all love the Zombie topic and survival mechanic I thought I post a new WIP Map called Taunus.

To me it looks very promising and the Ravage Mod and this map will be a great combination to me because I don´t like Altis for this kind of theme.

that is quite a changelog and well worth the wait...

As it turns out I had fixed the bandit car script from the pm's lol

Hey... there's a truck... ohh it's flashing it's lights at me... wait... those aren't lights

Really looking forward to the changes and thanks for being so responsive to the requests Haleks...

Holy shit, that was brutal! :D

They do make for a good encounters - seeing those headlights moving on a road by night... <3

The one thing that concerns me tough, is the AI being more or less inept at driving. NPC doesn't seem to care for spawned or placed objects, as a result they have a nasty tendency to crash on other vehicles or wrecks...

Bravo mate,bravo!

Is there a wiki or something similar for ravage?

Not at the moment, sorry. The code will most likely undergo heavy changes for a few updates, so managing a wiki would eat too much on development.

I might make one at some point; meanwhile I'll try my best to add some basic informations to the OP.

i even cancelled going out for beers coz i wanna play it through the night ;)

You what...?!

:lol:

Since we all love the Zombie topic and survival mechanic I thought I post a new WIP Map called Taunus.

To me it looks very promising and the Ravage Mod and this map will be a great combination to me because I don´t like Altis for this kind of theme.

Oh, don't worry, I'm keeping an eye on it!

Ravage v.0.1.1 is here!

I hope I didn't miss anything, enjoy guys!

Important note to mission-makers : make sure to update the modules in your missions!

• Like 6

Ravage v.0.1.1 is here!

You know, I am trying to learn how to script and make my own missions here. What do you do? Release a fix that I am just going to have to play test. How am I ever going to get anywhere? ;)

Awesome, will post some thoughts on it after I get done "testing" it out many hours from now.

Bravo mate,bravo!

Is there a wiki or something similar for ravage?I would like to see an antire list of weapons and items that are within the mod if possible as i want to compliment them with editor placed objects when creating a mission.

Looking forward to the update for weekend i even cancelled going out for beers coz i wanna play it through the night ;)

Lol red... 

So to take this a step further...

I agree on canceling the outing but you still want the beer. .. so I propose you buy a six pack and everytime you kill a bandit or find a empty can .. drink some beer

We could turn this into quite the drinking game lol

• Like 1

everytime you [...] find a empty can .. drink some beer

That's not going to end well...

That's not going to end well...

Yea...WAY TOO MANY empty cans ->not enough money for beer  :D

Yea...WAY TOO MANY empty cans ->not enough money for beer  :D

Every time you have to drink to hydrate in game, finish your beer. Should keep the costs down. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Lol red... 

So to take this a step further...

I agree on canceling the outing but you still want the beer. .. so I propose you buy a six pack and everytime you kill a bandit or find a empty can .. drink some beer

We could turn this into quite the drinking game lol

I think i would be urinating like a mad man....good thing unlike DAYZ in ravage i can pause and head to the bathroom without a zed mauling me and trying to reclaim his empty cans hahahaha

• Like 1

Ravage v.0.1.1 is here!

Important note to mission-makers : make sure to update the modules in your missions!

Awesome mate...let the beer cans begin

Hey Haleks, thanks for this great update - I looked into the modules and the options you provide us are just great.

Really really great!

Will test the respawning later.

Is there some link where one can donate to you for all your effort?

Regards

Haleks i played around for a few hours

Simply wonderful work 10/10 for the horde module(are zeds meant to respawn in it btw?)

I have found a few issues for future releases should you continue with bug fixes.

1. Killing zeds as opfor player causes your opfor teammates to become hostile to you,but they still shoot zombies when they get close.(are zeds east?i thought they were seperate entities)

2.Loot spawning in certain destroyed buildings can spawn on destroyed rubble causing the loot to become destroyed(il try get housename for you later,as a workaround you could make the loot drop containers to be set to "enable damagefalse"

3.Still not finding enough food/water.I searched kavala top to bottom found one condensed milk,one water.searched two other towns and found nothing.In the 0-100 probability for spawn set to max 100. and ALL other loot items set to zero for testing.(ammo still spawns for zubar pistol and 9mm pistols,if not all of them,maybe rifles too)

4.Debug has a had time initililaizing sometimes and maybe hangs and doesnt work at all on occasion(maybe other mods are fighting it to initilaize i wouldnt worry about it.

5.Zeds who spawn in buildings seem to only find the half destroyed buildings,no others.

Thats all i could find at the moment.

OH BIG BIG thanks for making the option for us to put the editor placed veihicles down as undamaged ;)

Really enjoying setting how many zeds spawn with sprinting ability also....that ragdoll ;)

1. Killing zeds as opfor player causes your opfor teammates to become hostile to you,but they still shoot zombies when they get close.(are zeds east?i thought they were seperate entities)

[...]

3.Still not finding enough food/water.I searched kavala top to bottom found one condensed milk,one water.searched two other towns and found nothing.In the 0-100 probability for spawn set to max 100. and ALL other loot items set to zero for testing.(ammo still spawns for zubar pistol and 9mm pistols,if not all of them,maybe rifles too)

Doh! That's probably a config hiccup, it will be easy to fix, hopefully.

As for the loot spawn chances - this is probably caused by some hardcoded limits I made - but I wasn't sure they were needed in the first place.

I'll try to push a hotfix tonight or tomorrow to adress those issues, as they can be quite annoying.

@Solano : I never really thought about donations .^^

I'll probably add a PayPal button to the OP sometimes later. ;)

I'm uploading a quick hotfix : all side relations issues should be fixed, user defined values for the loot system will have a greater influence too.

Should be ready in half an hour.

Hotfix released!

v0.1.1 hotfix (24/10/2015)

Fixed :

Fixed all side relations issues : OPFOR players can now kill infected without fear of unwanted consequences.

Fixed : User-defined values for the Loot module didn't have enough influence on actual spawn chances.

I didn't bother changing the version number though.

So to make your own version of this to play on any map, just do you need to put the modules on the map or is there scripts too?