Considering that it works in your scenario but not previewing in the editor leaves me to think its a mod conflict perhaps GAIA/MCC.

Im actually using MCC console to monitor all AI spawns and movement for testing when i stumbled on this.

I'd tend to agree : I think GAIA does fiddle with waypoints (anyone, correct me if I'm wrong).

Do zombies move all right though? They are the only entities not using waypoints, that could confirm a conflict with GAIA I guess...

Love this mod. Couple suggestions, add option to use the awesome music and an option to disable the accelerated time in one of your Ravage modules in the editor. Thanks for your work.

The atmosphere module has been updated with a music option on my dev build already. :)

After reading your post I also took the time to create a Settings module, with the following options :

- enable DMZ clean-up system for objects, destroyed vehicles and corpses.

- override difficulty settings and enable saving.

- allow the player to holster his weapons (this was previously tied to the survival system, it is now a separate option).

- define a time acceleration factor.

Cheers! ;)

PS : the drink problem is a known issue and will be fixed with the update.

Haleks

Is it possible (and forgive me if this is inpolite to ask to a creator) for you to give me the classnames for all the food items etc?

I would like to change the quantity of what i find in the map as im not having any luck in finding essential items.I might be asking for something that i dont have permission to im not sure how the modding community works plz understand.

I would like to create such items in a custom spawn script and up the frequency.

Haleks

Is it possible (and forgive me if this is inpolite to ask to a creator) for you to give me the classnames for all the food items etc?

I would like to change the quantity of what i find in the map as im not having any luck in finding essential items.I might be asking for something that i dont have permission to im not sure how the modding community works plz understand.

I would like to create such items in a custom spawn script and up the frequency.

I planned on adding them to the mission-making section of the OP anyway. ;)

"money", //used as combustible
"notepad", //idem
"doc_folder", //idem
"SleepingBag_Blue",
"Folded_Tent",
"Beans",
"Bacon",
"Milk",
"Rice",
"PlasticBottle",
"Spirit",
"Franta",
"CanisterFuel",
"CanisterFuel_Empty",
"geiger",
"AntiRad",
"Matches"

All of these are Magazines, so they work with AddItem.

Note that the spawn system for those specific items will be improved - the next version should feel more consistent and will be easier to modify in that regard.

I posted the first SP mission from my campaign for Ravage on Armaholic. Won't link to it here because I don't want to threadjack, but will start another thread if any of you Ravage users want to give feedback. Halek, I know you were kind enough to post some info earlier about spawning infected using createagent, problem is I couldn't get it to work, I.m not very experienced with scripting. For the next episode I need to have some a couple of specific areas that are extremely infected by zombie hordes for the storyline to work. If you have time would you be kind enough to post a little more detail on how to do this?

I also couldn't get the AI to holster weapons, is the code you posted supposed to work for editor spawned units or just for agents? I tried putting it in the init line and also calling it from a trigger, but no luck. I ended up spawning the NPCs with no weapons in the meantime.

The amount of other survivor groups( probability) encounter is kinda too much ..or its only my idea?

i dunno. i kinda like it. maybe i'm ruined by dayZ but when i get bored i even go look for humans :lol:

i still need to check out the tent stuff. but i'd love some more indepth "survival" things to do in general so i don't have to go put myself in danger to get entertained. i remember that temporary version of the original dayZ mod where rain forced you to camp in random barns. i loved that. made it cosy but tense at the same time sicne someone else could walk by at any time.

together with sped up time there could be some cool mechanics surrounding the night for example. so you'd have to stay put unless you are really geared up or something. just in general some simple non-combat gameplay could be cool. but for me personally the key would be necessity. i hate doing stuff like making a small camp for the sake of it (feels like playing Sims). having a real gameplay reason to do it can make it more meaningful. like some night danger that is forcing you to camp by atleast a campfire or something.

just some random thoughts.

@bad benson having a real gameplay reason to do it can make it more meaningful. like some night danger that is forcing you to camp by atleast a campfire or something.

Well either way it "doesn't feel right" the *new approaches of other games regarding night (i.e. 7DTD or Dying Light) were

zombies get superpowers and other sci-fi stuff makes an appearance-forcing you to be *inside to avoid certain death.

The total absence of NVG drops (scopes included) its 1 solution  to be EXTRA carefull.

These running zombies are really dangerous even at daytime.Having only a weapon flashlight  will be problematic (the least) to continue roam the land at night..

Just a thought :)

Life in the Ravage mod

Nice! ;)

But just wait for the updated zombies, and you'll be truly despaired! :icon_hm:

I posted the first SP mission from my campaign for Ravage on Armaholic. Won't link to it here because I don't want to threadjack, but will start another thread if any of you Ravage users want to give feedback. Halek, I know you were kind enough to post some info earlier about spawning infected using createagent, problem is I couldn't get it to work, I.m not very experienced with scripting. For the next episode I need to have some a couple of specific areas that are extremely infected by zombie hordes for the storyline to work. If you have time would you be kind enough to post a little more detail on how to do this?

I'll try to make some kind of manual placement module for the update - if I don't have time I'll make sure to write a quick script for that.

EDIT : done!

just in general some simple non-combat gameplay could be cool.

Completely agree with you.

I have a lot to think about regarding that aspect of survival; I guess I'll have a clearer vision once I'm more or less done with the free-roam mechanics of the mod.

But, provided that everything goes well with v1.1, there's a couple of things already I'd like to try for the next version.

By the way, here's the current changelog for the incoming update :

Tweaked :

Distances and timers for NPC spawns.

Zeds can now spawn in the wild, not only around buildings.

Widen zombies' FOV.

Minor HUD changes.

Vital items now have their own loot table.

Bandits can potentially have more ammo on them.

Fixed :

Car patrols were not spawning.

Drink actions were broken.

Zeds should definitely stop hitting through walls.

Zeds are now able to effectively chase targets inside buildings.

Bandits would disengage too soon on some occasions.

Fixed most script errors & RPT spam (only one left).

New :

Added a music option to the Atmosphere Module.

Added new module : Settings module.

Added new module : Ambiant zombies module, allows more control over zombie settings.

Added new module : Zombie horde manual placement.

• Like 1

Life in the Ravage mod

I highly doubt that you were using a personal arsenal to get guns and ammo, cause last time I check weapons and ammo are f*** scarce and attachments are even more scarce

p/s: cmt is just for fun, doesn't mean any offense

I highly doubt that you were using a personal arsenal to get guns and ammo, cause last time I check weapons and ammo are f*** scarce and attachments are even more scarce

p/s: cmt is just for fun, doesn't mean any offense

or maybe he just killed some bandits. at least that is how i always quickly get a rifel with enough ammo and sometimes even an attachment. haven't seen teh gas mask yet though. that's pretty cool!

Moar modules!

I've just made a manual zombie placement module with the following options :

• Number of infected to spawn
  • How far from the module zombies should spawn (horde radius)
  • Minimal distance from player before spawning the horde (in other words, the trigger size)
  • Debug Marker option
Note that the horde function doesn't check for the player's position before spawning zeds; to avoid any issues, the trigger size is hardcoded to be at least twice as big as the horde radius.

Now, I just need to add a way to blacklist an area, and that should cover pretty much all options a mission-maker would need - unless there are other suggestions before the update? ;)

Can there be an easy way to change/inhibit some AI functions? Things like being able to make all AI friendly or skittish and change ratios of loot if the AI are spawned in a radius of the trigger and stuff along those lines.

Moar modules!

I've just made a manual zombie placement module with the following options :

• Number of infected to spawn
  • How far from the module zombies should spawn (horde radius)
  • Minimal distance from player before spawning the horde (in other words, the trigger size)
  • Debug Marker option
Note that the horde function doesn't check for the player's position before spawning zeds; to avoid any issues, the trigger size is hardcoded to be at least twice as big as the horde radius.

Now, I just need to add a way to blacklist an area, and that should cover pretty much all options a mission-maker would need - unless there is other suggestions before the update? ;)

That sounds awesome. Also, i laughed when i worked out what the money was for!

As far as suggestions...with the fixes and new modules, it's pretty much Christmas from my perspective, can't wait.

The abillity for the player to board up doors (and for tge zeds to eventually break through) would go well with your enhanced indoor pathfinding, probably a big ask though. Just an idea.

That and melee with knives/rifle butts would pretty much make this perfect IMHO.

• Like 1

Can there be an easy way to change/inhibit some AI functions? Things like being able to make all AI friendly or skittish and change ratios of loot if the AI are spawned in a radius of the trigger and stuff along those lines.

Those will be a bit more problematic to script - not to mention that the possibilities offered by the modules UI are limited.

That being said, I'll probably expand on the AI features & settings, maybe not for v1.1 as it would probably delay the update.

The abillity for the player to board up doors (and for tge zeds to eventually break through) would go well with your enhanced indoor pathfinding, probably a big ask though. Just an idea.

Yeah, I had the same thought while testing the last build today : we need a way to keep those monsters out! ^^

Honestly, that fix is a game-changer (died after about 15 minutes - didn't happen to me in a long time!).

This could be a good occasion to start working on a building system... But that's most likely going to take time to develop.

i laughed when i worked out what the money was for!

;)
  • Like 1

Hey Haleks - I can´t wait for this update!

About the "Debug Marker option" - will it show the radii for all the Z-Spawner trigger to place them better?

It would be cool if the markers for this topic would be switchable quickly (like all on - all off)

I tried to build a "zombie trigger whole map with sectors thing" with ryans zombies and had to place markers manually to keep track of the trigger areas and deletion areas. It was no fun to delete like 40 of them by hand in the end and never have them again after too. 

I am really looking forward to this next update!

Regards

Oh and if you need help with some GUI Elements or other graphics please let me know if you need support.

Next update sounds fantastic,more config options are always welcome.

I wana report bugs as i find them Haleks,new one for ya here.

When placing survivor module down(module which spawns east/independent and survivor.Setting survivor to NO SPAWN doesnt work.Survivor is still spawning and oddly enough shooting at me and being shot by other blufor units.(your survivor is marked as blufor so i find it rather strange behaviour)

Also im not sure if its a bug or something but i have never ever ever found any food or water,only empty cans in about four hours playing.I know your next update will change that but i wanna make sure im not dealing with a config issue as i literally have looted hundreds of positions and only found equipable items.

About the "Debug Marker option" - will it show the radii for all the Z-Spawner trigger to place them better?

It would be cool if the markers for this topic would be switchable quickly (like all on - all off)

The marker will show both the trigger radius and the spawn radius (with different colors) - but I never though about your last point... T_T

I'll try to think of a way to improve it.

Next update sounds fantastic,more config options are always welcome.

I wana report bugs as i find them Haleks,new one for ya here.

When placing survivor module down(module which spawns east/independent and survivor.Setting survivor to NO SPAWN doesnt work.Survivor is still spawning and oddly enough shooting at me and being shot by other blufor units.(your survivor is marked as blufor so i find it rather strange behaviour)

Also im not sure if its a bug or something but i have never ever ever found any food or water,only empty cans in about four hours playing.I know your next update will change that but i wanna make sure im not dealing with a config issue as i literally have looted hundreds of positions and only found equipable items.

Thanks for reporting!

Taking a look at the files I just realised I made a little mistake with the configs - it also explains why a few players were reporting mutiny amongst their own group after killing a few bandits...

Good thing you could catch it before the update, thanks!

And don't worry about food & drink spawns, they are definitely too scarce. ^^'

• Like 1

The marker will show both the trigger radius and the spawn radius (with different colors) - but I never though about your last point... T_T

Thanks for reporting!

Taking a look at the files I just realised I made a little mistake with the configs - it also explains why a few players were reporting mutiny amongst their own group after killing a few bandits...

Good thing you could catch it before the update, thanks!

And don't worry about food & drink spawns, they are definitely too scarce. ^^'

Cool man,

If possible i would like to request a future feature if your open to them....

Zeds should spawn in building positions,just like loot.Think how immersive and intense it would be at night looting a town...pistol out,flashlight on,entering a building and hitting the staircase....you hear a hiss...your in cqc and nowhere to run....suddenly a zed springs from the downstairs back room as simeltaniously one comes running down the staircase......your sandwched now spraying in the dark...and im not talking about spraying bullets lol

Apoligies for the over dramatisation but wanted to paint a picture ;)

Apoligies for the over dramatisation but wanted to paint a picture ;)

You did - and I want it!

I mean the feature ;)

Don´t worry!

I am glad I could make you aware of this before the update.

Like I said - when I build such Z-Sector on whole Esseker it was really helpful to see the real radii but to delete them in the end and lose all the overview of the areas in the end was just good for afterwards reworking.

I don´t know much about coding but maybe it would be good to add a module for debugging and inside that there could be the option to show and hide the radii-marker. Or are there marker in arma that only show up in the editor but not on the exported mission map? That would be enough I guess.

Another thing I want to adress is related to a bug known since 2013 as it seems. 

I write it here because I fear some more people will get that too.

I build a little mission on Esseker with your Modules Haleks. 

The bug is not about or because your mod but I can´t enjoy your mod because of it.

I added the respawn command to the description.ext - nothing fancy

respawn = "BASE";
respawndelay = 7;
respawnDialog = 0;

Marker is on the map as well - nothing special.

Now when I start my exported mission everything is fine. Btw - with MCC I had no Zombies - booted Arma without MCC - everything was fine. Like you mentioned; GAIA interferes.

If I die and then respawn I have no sound. Only the Menu ticking makes sound but everything else is mute.
This is not because I got exotic Mods running - it is a known and reported issue since 2013 and that is all I can find out about it.

Found no fix for this and it seems no one on the net either...

My Mods: 

• AiA Data Terrain Pack
  • Ravage
  • CBA (via Steam Workshop)
  • Esseker Map

It´s just totally annoying and I don´t know what to do with it.

Maybe someday it get fixed by a smart User or BI itself...

Has someone else had the same experience?

You did - and I want it!

I mean the feature ;)

Would be cool rite ;)

Haleks i also wanted to ask if its possible to set the veihicles to spawn intact(basically drivable by AI) on mission start while still having other empty veihicles spawn damaged?

Im making a scenario and need AI to be mounted in some pickups doing patrolls but also would like to see the damaged veihicles around the place as i can have the survivalist feeling.

Perhaps we could set a trigger area that veihicles we want to remain intact could spwn in?

Cool man,

If possible i would like to request a future feature if your open to them....

Zeds should spawn in building positions,just like loot.

Yes, this was also suggested as a work around to mitigate the fact that infected sometimes spawn in your field of view.

As it happens, I've just finished modifying the spawn system to spawn zeds inside buildings whenever that's possible.

I don´t know much about coding but maybe it would be good to add a module for debugging and inside that there could be the option to show and hide the radii-marker. Or are there marker in arma that only show up in the editor but not on the exported mission map? That would be enough I guess.

You're right, a global debug modules sounds like the best solution; going to try something tonight. ;)

Another thing I want to adress is related to a bug known since 2013 as it seems. 

I write it here because I fear some more people will get that too.

I build a little mission on Esseker with your Modules Haleks. 

The bug is not about or because your mod but I can´t enjoy your mod because of it.

[...]

If I die and then respawn I have no sound. Only the Menu ticking makes sound but everything else is mute.

This could actually be my fault : the main module mutes everything on player's death, this was to avoid minor sound issues with the death screen.

I've removed that option from the new modules, so v0.1.1 could fix your problem.

Haleks i also wanted to ask if its possible to set the veihicles to spawn intact(basically drivable by AI) on mission start while still having other empty veihicles spawn damaged?

The best I can do without delaying the update too much and keep the code as smooth as possible would be to add a percentage of drivable vehicles.

Will see what I can do.

EDIT : Updated changelog for the next update :

Tweaked :

Distances and timers for NPC spawns.

Zeds can now spawn in the wild, not only around buildings.

Widen zombies' FOV.

Minor HUD changes.

Vital items now have their own loot table.

Bandits can potentially have more ammo on them.

Improved AI awareness of nearby zombies.

Zeds will now spawn inside buildings when possible.

Fixed :

Car patrols were not spawning.

Drink actions were broken.

Zeds should definitely stop hitting through walls.

Zeds are now able to effectively chase targets inside buildings.

Bandits would disengage too soon on some occasions.

Fixed all script errors & RPT spam.

New :

Added a music option to the Atmosphere Module.

Added new module : Settings module.

Added new module : Ambiant zombies module, allows more control over zombie settings.

Added new module : Zombie horde manual placement.

Added new module : Debug module (WIP).

The "main module" has been replaced by the "survival module".

• Like 1

This could actually be my fault : the main module mutes everything on player's death, this was to avoid minor sound issues with the death screen.

I've removed that option from the new modules, so v1.1 could fix your problem.

Hey @haleks,

somehow I got a bit confused while bug tracking - it seems you are right.

I made a new mission on esseker without ravage and the modules and it worked.

Then I started with Ravage Mod and no modules and it worked.

Now I placed all the modules from Ravage and the sound bug is back.

Do you need some more detailed information on this?

Regards

Do you need some more detailed information on this?

Nah thanks man, it's already fixed on my end; whenever the update is released, just make sure to update your modules and it should be fine.

By the way, ETA for the update :  this week-end.

I just need to tweak a couple more things and test it all - but I can say that I'm very statisfied with the current DEV build : no errors whatsoever with vanilla Arma3, rock solid framerate as long as you don't go crazy with the new modules and it is much more stable. B)

• Like 8