Haleks, this has been brilliant so far. I just jumped in tonight for the first time and I've got to say, the ambience and the audio are wonderful. Great job so far.

Do you have any tips on how to survive when you're out of ammo? Or are you pretty much screwed?

Perhaps I'm taking too 'ARMA' of an approach here and aiming too much for center mass but I ran out of bullets early. Are head shots key?

These zombies will chase you relentlessly and for what seems like miles. LOL! You should have seen, I was ammo-less and braved my way into a house with 3 zombies really close (I had no useful supplies and needed something - anything - useful).

Two of them spotted me and chased for like two miles. I saw the ocean was ahead of me, so I was like screw it, let's dive in and see if these bastards can swim. :) They actually tried following me in the water! So I swam like hell beyond this massive mountain side thinking there's no chance they'd follow me around it on foot.

Well sure enough, I get greeted by those two bastards on the other end and on went the chase. :)

I decided it's time for a re-start so I'm about to dive in again right now. Care to share any survival tips when you don't have bullets or at least ways to conserve them? Unless I'm missing something, hand-to-hand or melee isn't in this mod, or is it?

Anyway, this is a wonderful start. It's exactly what I was looking for and I CAN'T WAIT until you flesh it out more and add some objectives. You have something really special here.

A lovely mod! I'd love to see a survival campaign with multiple branching stories, storylines and several endings. It'd make a great experience.

Great choice of music, btw! STALKER tracks are always welcome as they fit for almost any situation possible. 

• Like 1

Haleks, this has been brilliant so far. I just jumped in tonight for the first time and I've got to say, the ambience and the audio are wonderful. Great job so far.

Do you have any tips on how to survive when you're out of ammo? Or are you pretty much screwed?

Perhaps I'm taking too 'ARMA' of an approach here and aiming too much for center mass but I ran out of bullets early. Are head shots key?

These zombies will chase you relentlessly and for what seems like miles. LOL! You should have seen, I was ammo-less and braved my way into a house with 3 zombies really close (I had no useful supplies and needed something - anything - useful).

Two of them spotted me and chased for like two miles. I saw the ocean was ahead of me, so I was like screw it, let's dive in and see if these bastards can swim. :) They actually tried following me in the water! So I swam like hell beyond this massive mountain side thinking there's no chance they'd follow me around it on foot.

Well sure enough, I get greeted by those two bastards on the other end and on went the chase. :)

Oh do I love reading that! ^^

There's no hand-to-hand combat system currently, so you have to spare your ammo - especially at the beginning : firing should be a life-or-death decision.

That being said, Cosmic10r recently posted a video, where he's using a CQC addon :

I don't know wich mod it is, but it seems to be working rather well with Ravage.

By the way, Bad Benson and I had a little chat yesterday, thanks to his suggestions, I can say that zombies having difficulties entering buildings is now history!

Expect those guys to be much more dangerous - I'll probably tweak the ammo spawn chances for the loot system to balance this.

There's no hand-to-hand combat system currently, so you have to spare your ammo - especially at the beginning : firing should be a life-or-death decision.

That being said, Cosmic10r recently posted a video, where he's using a CQC addon :

I don't know wich mod it is, but it seems to be working rather well with Ravage.

By the way, Bad Benson and I had a little chat yesterday, thanks to his suggestions, I can say that zombies having difficulties entering buildings is now history!

Expect those guys to be much more dangerous - I'll probably tweak the ammo spawn chances for the loot system to balance this.

the 3rd person mod is at http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19328

and the MOCAP melee mod is at http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27262

has the new version been published yet ???

btw how do I get this mod to work with other map like stratis and esseker as the video obove

the 3rd person mod is at http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19328

and the MOCAP melee mod is at http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27262

has the new version been published yet ???

btw how do I get this mod to work with other map like stratis and esseker as the video obove

Ah, thanks for the info.

The mod has not been updated yet - that will probably happen later this week.

As for other maps, you just need to launch them in editor mode and place the Ravage modules to enable any feature you want.

Ha! That's great. He had the kind of gear there I could only dream of last night. :)

Throughout the thread you've mentioned several things have been tweaked or fixed, but on my end, it appears the version available on the front page hasn't been updated for a few weeks. Or has it?

Just want to make sure I'm most up-to-date here now and going forward.

Will the OP always be updated when new versions get pushed out?

huh? is there a way to save? dont works so far D:

On my end, I can definitely "save."

But I have not tried loading a save yet so I guess I can't confirm whether or not it works.

If Haleks doesn't have time to reply to this today I'll test it out when I get home.

Ha! That's great. He had the kind of gear there I could only dream of last night. :)

Throughout the thread you've mentioned several things have been tweaked or fixed, but on my end, it appears the version available on the front page hasn't been updated for a few weeks. Or has it?

Just want to make sure I'm most up-to-date here now and going forward.

Will the OP always be updated when new versions get pushed out?

The mod has just been released - a week ago. ^^

Don't worry the OP will be updated whenever the update happens.

@nickhechtel : Saves work just as in any SP mode; could you be more precise?

• Like 1

Dont use the ArmA's save button

Use the Radio commands "save" that doesnt breaks nothing

@haleks

Are there ANY first aid kits/medikits on loot tables?

I m injured and cant find any so far :/

...also if u are planning *more ACE compatibility plz make sure about bandage+morphine drops :D :P

Dont use the ArmA's save button

Use the Radio commands "save" that doesnt breaks nothing

@haleks

Are there ANY first aid kits/medikits on loot tables?

I m injured and cant find any so far :/

...also if u are planning *more ACE compatibility plz make sure about bandage+morphine drops :D :P

agreed! eventhough i hate the vanilla way how bandages just heal to you to fixed 75% i gotta say that right now they should be really common. the problem is that in arma at a certain health level you are forced to walk, which is not exactly a subtle way of handling things. so until, in case it's planned, there is a new med system it would be cool to have bandages spawn a lot. maybe mod them so they heal to a different degree.

another suggestion about the friendly survivors. it would be great, if possible, if you could limit their engagement to fast zombies and really close zombies. otherwise it's real annoying to have one in your group when you go to explore a larger town. this could be a little complicated to achieve but maybe you can do it the following way.

hold fire works great but ofc then the guy just let's the zombies beat him to death. so maybe make him force fire in hold fire mode or switch to open fire mode quickly when a zombie is really close and then back to hold fire when the zombie is dead, liek via script, if that is even possible. i know you didn't make the arma AI but i think just that could already make a friendly survivor much more useful and less of a liability.

the problem is, like with any mods, that the saving module will brake when you use mods

thats a problem with arma so you have to find another saving option.

btw: played for 4 hrs now it is the hardest survival in arma yet (excluded the bugs from arma)

agreed! eventhough i hate the vanilla way how bandages just heal to you to fixed 75% i gotta say that right now they should be really common. the problem is that in arma at a certain health level you are forced to walk, which is not exactly a subtle way of handling things. so until, in case it's planned, there is a new med system it would be cool to have bandages spawn a lot. maybe mod them so they heal to a different degree.

another suggestion about the friendly survivors. it would be great, if possible, if you could limit their engagement to fast zombies and really close zombies. otherwise it's real annoying to have one in your group when you go to explore a larger town. this could be a little complicated to achieve but maybe you can do it the following way.

hold fire works great but ofc then the guy just let's the zombies beat him to death. so maybe make him force fire in hold fire mode or switch to open fire mode quickly when a zombie is really close and then back to hold fire when the zombie is dead, liek via script, if that is even possible. i know you didn't make the arma AI but i think just that could already make a friendly survivor much more useful and less of a liability.

Yeah, I tried everything I could (and lost lot of time) to disable that damn forced walk below 50% health - gah! such a stupid system, I hope an overhaul is part of the Nexus update!

Anyway, in the next version FAKs will be part of the new "vital items" loot table - it is a new categorie of items wich isn't affected by other addons.

I need to tweak and test it on the long run, but spawn chances for those items should be more reliable.

Your suggestion about friendlies is another brilliant idea!

Micro-management of units is the most boring thing (and one of the reasons I chose to give infinite ammo to the AI) - your solution would greatly alleviate this aspect.

I'll definitely tackle with it - as well as many other suggestions that have been made.

One of these updates is going to be named "the Bad Benson Update"! :lol:

So its kinda confirmed?

I m not going to find First Aid Kits nowhere?  (enemy groups or/and loot)?

So its kinda confirmed?

I m not going to find First Aid Kits nowhere?  (enemy groups or/and loot)?

You can find some, as loot or on bandits, in the current version - but they might be a bit hard to come by. ^^

Yup...you got me.

I just found 1 after miles almost walking due to 27% health :)

Hi, tested your mod, and, verry good Mod.

Any chance in the future yor modules ( Zombie spawn / Bandit spawn ) work in Multiplayer Missions ?

sorry my bad englisch

Great mod,i never thought i would enjoy a zombie mod after dayz standalone annoyed me,however i have an odd issue.

Im setting the modules up in the editor and exporting to SP missions,the survivors and bandits spawn but do not receive waypoints.Even if the player is moving.

SP scenario that you made works fine however in this regard.

Looking forward to future updates,please add more food iv not found anything to eat ever haha

Im setting the modules up in the editor and exporting to SP missions,the survivors and bandits spawn but do not receive waypoints.Even if the player is moving.

SP scenario that you made works fine however in this regard.

That's odd indeed; what map were you using?

Are you using CBA? (AI will use CBA_fnc_taskPatrol if it's detected - I would need to know if the issue is with that function or rather from BIS_fnc_taskPatrol.)

The RPT file from that session would probably help too. ;)

The amount of other survivor groups( probability) encounter is kinda too much ..or its only my idea?

That's odd indeed; what map were you using?

Are you using CBA? (AI will use CBA_fnc_taskPatrol if it's detected - I would need to know if the issue is with that function or rather from BIS_fnc_taskPatrol.)

The RPT file from that session would probably help too. ;)

SORR i had my logs off,i can try later.

Im using the most recent CBA, BIS function task patrol is working for other groups i place down however.It may be a mod conflict but i am using Altis terrain.

Considering that it works in your scenario but not previewing in the editor leaves me to think its a mod conflict perhaps GAIA/MCC.

Im actually using MCC console to monitor all AI spawns and movement for testing when i stumbled on this.

Love this mod. Couple suggestions, add option to use the awesome music and an option to disable the accelerated time in one of your Ravage modules in the editor. Thanks for your work.