Mate I played yesterday for 5hrs and died of starvation, not being killed by bandits or zombies. Looted whole towns and found no food whatsoever. In second attempt I played for 3hrs and found only one milk. So the issue is not scarcity, the issue is unbalanced loot system. Keep in mid that you dont need food only for sustenance, but to raise your lost HP as well. Water bottles do not work, so it's also not the issue of scarcity but a bug in the mod. 

True Haleks, I agree that the mod should be based around the idea of keeping your character alive, fed, and healthy. But even resorting to banditry is not solution, because other bandits never have food/drinks on them. I killed many in yesterday's 5 hrs gameplay and I found no food/drinks on them at all. Indeed a bug with drinking system is something not related to loot-table, and as such is a problem.

hm. i tend to agree here. after a longer session and many murders later i was loaded. armed to the teeth with a collection of several ammo types if i ever run out of my current, fully clothed (like each slot with item of choice), giant backpack, map, compass. all of it. even a tent adn a sleeping bag. but not a single item of food or drink. seemed kinda odd.

while i kind of understand the design and scenario idea, i have two problems with that. and while reading this, keep in mind i fully realise it's not finished. just suggestions and thoughts here.

1. the world is not dead. so with that kind of scarcity of anything to eat or drink, logically from a story side, i would've long resorted to eating plants and collecting rain drops etc. not to mention sweet sweet and tasty rabbits. but i don't have any of these options.

2. now i see that hunger and thirst aren't rising fast but i feel balance wise it's a dangerous gamble to balance it like that as several people have already died it seems (which is not a flaw in itself) but adds a lot to making it pretty random. again. i get it. random is hardcore but i think there needs to be a little player control at least. unless there is some mechanic that will make probabilty of food and drink spawn rise once you really need it, doubt it though.

long story short: i'd prefer starving faster but finding more (or any :lol: ) stuff to eat/drink. but that's just my personal opinion on this. maybe at least spawn us some really shitty stuff that barely keeps us alive so the good stuff is a real achievement to find or something.

I haven´t played and tried the Mod as long as others here have but to me it sounds like it would be cool to "simply" have an option for the difficulty when beginning an Adventure.

• Easy:          More loot in form of food and water
  • Medium:  Less loot
  • Hard:         Nearly no loot 

Don´t nail me down on my wording but you get what I mean.

I think it is easier (coding besides) to give Players the simple option to decide how the loot shall behave than balance and balance and balance until the majority is satisfied. Tastes are different even in the same genre.

Very nice Foxhound, good to have you support (and bandwidth) going into projects like this.

I haven´t played and tried the Mod as long as others here have but to me it sounds like it would be cool to "simply" have an option for the difficulty when beginning an Adventure.

• Easy:          More loot in form of food and water
  • Medium:  Less loot
  • Hard:         Nearly no loot 

Don´t nail me down on my wording but you get what I mean.

I think it is easier (coding besides) to give Players the simple option to decide how the loot shall behave than balance and balance and balance until the majority is satisfied. Tastes are different even in the same genre.

and to expand on that

Easy 

-Food  and loot, 2x spawn and 0.75x thirst and hunger

Med

-Food and loot, 1.5x spawn and 1x thirst and hunger

hard

-food and loot 1x spawn and 1.25x thirst and hunger

or some variation...  you get the idea

• Like 1

Didn't read all the posts, but I guess nobody asked yet. 

I like this mod, but what I really hate are these zombies. I just want some post-apo SP map, with enemies trying to make my life harder.

So, the question is, can I somehow get rid of all the zombies? I don't want them to spawn, I don't want to see them and I don't want to kill them anymore. Is it possible somehow? 

Why every survival mode has to have zombies?

Didn't read all the posts, but I guess nobody asked yet. 

I like this mod, but what I really hate are these zombies. I just want some post-apo SP map, with enemies trying to make my life harder.

So, the question is, can I somehow get rid of all the zombies? I don't want them to spawn, I don't want to see them and I don't want to kill them anymore. Is it possible somehow? 

Why every survival mode has to have zombies?

Thread is only 5 pages long so far and is a good read if you have the time.......... :rolleyes:  

Regarding your dislike for Zombies.....you can create your own scenario without the Zombies with the very generous modules supplied with the mod itself.  ;)

Thanks Foxhound!

I wanted to upload it to Armaholic sometime this week to spare you the work, but you've been faster - thank you!

On topic :

About the survival mechanics, I admit the current loot system has a major flaw : vital items don't have their own categorie in the loot tables, so the more mods & items you add, the lesser the chances for food & drink to spawn - and they aren't high to begin with...

I will change this before the update and make it so we have more control on their spawn rate; from there :

- I can easily find a default value and allow mission makers to raise or lower it.

- It will be easy to tweak once I add more survival mechanics such as hunting or plants gathering.

I also like BB's idea about different grades of food - I'll see what I can come up with once I'm done fixing a few things!

@Tejk : What Evil Organ said.

But you should also know that you can remove the rvg_zeds file from the addons folder : it won't cause any error but you might find that the number of AI is a bit low without the infected...

it would be cool to have some nasty food types a la mad max...

maybe some cat food, canned ham, maggot ridden meat, so say for hunting... if you get/kill a live chicken it would return 10 health but a maggot ridden one you find dead would return 3 health... add to some diversity as well

;)

Can't wait to try it out! However, I wanted to ask if there's any chance you guys could also make it compatible with TRYK uniforms? Or at least Zabb's vests (standalone from the pack).

Just for the sake of even more variety. :)

Or is there any way I could do it on my own?

Very nice work, Haleks. I've been playing it with no problems (apart from thirst). You've got a great balance of difficulty and rarity. Runs perfectly as well.

Can't wait to try it out! However, I wanted to ask if there's any chance you guys could also make it compatible with TRYK uniforms? Or at least Zabb's vests (standalone from the pack).

Just for the sake of even more variety. :)

Or is there any way I could do it on my own?

It will be done at some point - but the loot system might need an overhaul so I'd rather wait until I'm satisified before adding even more mod items to the mix. ;)

Very nice work, Haleks. I've been playing it with no problems (apart from thirst). You've got a great balance of difficulty and rarity. Runs perfectly as well.

Thanks Kodabar!

• Like 1

I was wondering if you could tell me/ show me the way you got the Geiger counter affect and sound? Same thing for the radiation. I'm trying to make a mission on Chernobyl so I would really like these features. I would credit you in the mission. Thank you.

• Like 1

I was wondering if you could tell me/ show me the way you got the Geiger counter affect and sound? Same thing for the radiation. I'm trying to make a mission on Chernobyl so I would really like these features. I would credit you in the mission. Thank you.

The current system is WIP and a bit messy, to be honest.

It will most likely evolve sooner or later; I guess I could make a stand-alone version of the required functions and publish them for mission-makers once it's done.

Unless I go for the addon solution, wich would bring support for ACE_goggles combined with various gasmasks from several mods... :scratchchin:

But that's not on the top of my priority list right now, sorry. ^^'

• Like 1

Hi Haleks,

Just discovered you released it. I know all your SP mods like 2018 that I still love and play and this project is awesome.

I love how infected and survivors react on each other independently on player now. Something that was not possible in 2018.

Juts small note, probably its cos its in early wip but with show script errors option activated in launcher (I have it on cos developing my own project as well) I got a lot of script errors.

Hi ataribaby, it's been a long time!

Don't worry, those errors are being worked on. ;)

New mod v0.1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey haleks , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Hey, cool stuff !

I just gave it a try and had fun. :)

I think I'll try to make a mission if I find some time.

About optionnal addons :

- I only used RHS, and I was confused to see that every or most of the AKs are equipped with NPZ rail. In my opinion, a majority of non-NPZ variants would be much more realistic but maybe there is a reason behind it..

- CUP weapons compatibility would be great too if you find some time to do it.

Maybe it's a dumb question but if I use Hidden Identity pack v2 yet, have I to delete the gasmask and shemags pbo ? (they should share the same classnames, can it cause a conflict ?)

Congratulation on the release !!!! Can't wait to test !!!

What do the building loot lists look like? Is it possible to break it down in a way that, ex. a house - 20% for food/drink item, 20% for clothing/vest/backpack, 20% for survival item (map/watch/matches/etc.), 20%  for civilian weapon, and 20% for no items. Tweak it any way that seems to get a good feel. 15%/15%/15%/15%/40%(no item) or some such.

What do the building loot lists look like? Is it possible to break it down in a way that, ex. a house - 20% for food/drink item, 20% for clothing/vest/backpack, 20% for survival item (map/watch/matches/etc.), 20%  for civilian weapon, and 20% for no items. Tweak it any way that seems to get a good feel. 15%/15%/15%/15%/40%(no item) or some such.

It can be possible, I believe the DayZ mod covered a huge config which lists all known house classnames that can contain loot, then by specifying its type of loot and chance. Problem Is though It can take quite a while to do, ughh. (Just sharing some info across the forums ;) )

Hey Haleks, finally had time to congrat you on the release... and give my feedback and ask something:

I´m with Bad Benson (we had a long friendly discussion about Ravage, and indeed, the loot mechanics needs some love - specially on diversity: you find 100 caps, 50 maps, but not a single can or bottle sometimes... the bandits have valuable loot with them, but then you had to be well armed to face a 4 men scout team or find a bandit safe haven and rob it with skillz... which is nice, but it is kinda the ONLY way to improve your odds to survive, which is paradoxal cus you have to fight an outnumbering force lol

On the end, we all want is to be able to eat those juice rabbits that flock all over Altis landscape or drink at the few water fonts on the cities or shallow lake at Limni =)

But overall, I´ve loved the STAKER-ish scenario, a good complement to Contention Zone and DSS, I may dream on a great mashup between all those neat survival sandbox released this last week lol

And my question: where can I find the Geiger counter? On military base? On bandits bags? Or it is pretty random as all loot? 8/

Keep up the great work!

cheers!

The current system is WIP and a bit messy, to be honest.

It will most likely evolve sooner or later; I guess I could make a stand-alone version of the required functions and publish them for mission-makers once it's done.

Unless I go for the addon solution, wich would bring support for ACE_goggles combined with various gasmasks from several mods... :scratchchin:

But that's not on the top of my priority list right now, sorry. ^^'

Thank you for the response. The mission i'm making once required gas masks because the rickB's walkers mod was in the mission until i changed the mod to the zombies and demons one. The only reason i switched was the zombies behave like zombies. The walkers mod has different type of zombies that produce toxic gas. The gas masks would protect against this but now I have no use for them. I want my mission to feel like STALKER. If you could let me know when you have it all completed that would be great. Awesome mod btw!!

Congratulations on your release.

I have been playing this for about 6 hours straight now. Very entertaining mod.

Some feedback:

Overall the mod works really well. I like the way that things that you take for granted in vanilla ARMA are suddenly very important, like maps and compasses.

Zombies and bandits are mostly very well balanced. They work really well, especially the zombies who are a threat in numbers, best avoided by stealth when alone.

I haven't yet encountered any friendly survivors, is this feature not implemented yet?

Suggestions:

• zombies occasionally spawning in houses would be great, make searching for loot quite frightening, clearing house room by room etc.
  • bandits should drop more ammo, it's really annoyong when you're pinned down, have a very intense firefight and the payoff is a couple of bullets.
  • I have to agree with the comments re: survival. In five hours I came across only 1 food item and nothing to drink. Basically every game ended with me starving/dying of thirst. I get what you are going for, but could be rebalanced slightly I think.
  • Consider starting the player with a sleeping bag, I searched through pretty much every building in Kavala in one game and couldn't find one. As sleep is an essential, it would probably be a good idea to start with one.
  • Integrating ACE medical would be a huge improvement.
  • Could you put a module in to play the music from your demo missions? It adds to the atmosphere and is very effective.
  • MELEE COMBAT! So many times I came across a lone slow zombie, not really worth a bullet when ammo is in such short supply, I was wishing for a crowbar or a combat knife!

Last suggestion, and I know this is a bit of a stretch, but being able to fortify would be amazing. Maybe if there were building supplies and tools in the loot items, the player could board up the doors anbd windows and have a base of operations, somewhere to stash extra equipment etc.

Have really enjoyed this mod so far and looking forward to the updates!