Yes, you should be able to do so in a few clicks - expect for manually placed stuff such as enemy camps or special objects (for now).

I'll think on a few ideas to ease the creation of custom hostile camps - that's the only thing I couldn't include in the modules right now.

Thanks for the positive feedback guys!

EDIT : Eagerly waiting to see what you will come up with Real Light, Solano!

Heya Haleks, awesome mod - I looked forward to playing this eversince you posted you're working on this project. After 4hrs of gameplay I can say that food is really scarce (only managed to find one milk) and there is a problem with thirst. I found 2 bottles of water but once I double clicked on them they get consumed and disappear, but the character's thirst monitor is still the same.

i have one suggestion about environmental sounds. i kinda felt that the crickets took away from the darkness and made that typical vanilla holiday island vibe. so my suggestion would be to replace those sounds with something else in the island configs (making small replacement configs for that). i'd be willing to help out if you'D be interested in doing that and need some help.

otherwise i had a great experience so far. the hardcoreness combined with the quick save made me feel some awesome nostalgia. trying to take out a bandit patrol with just a few pistol shots right now lol.

great work. keep it up!

EDIT: i got those fucks. one got away but once i had looted his friends i caught up to him and caught him being hunted by a zed.

so much interesting gameplay in such short time. good stuff.

That is an awesome idea; I have a very vague experience with those SFX configs but I'll definitely fiddle with it (and call for help if I'm struggling! ^^).

If I remember right I managed to tweak the ambiant sounds for Namalsk some time ago, so it shouldn't be too hard to achieve it on Altis.

Please put this up on Github, it makes it super easy to make changes on your end and for us it makes keeping up with changes and making fixes you might not have caught easier.

Yeah I know, I definitely need to take the time to see how Github works and eventually start using it - just need to find the friggin' time. ;)

Heya Haleks, awesome mod - I looked forward to playing this eversince you posted you're working on this project. After 4hrs of gameplay I can say that food is really scarce (only managed to find one milk) and there is a problem with thirst. I found 2 bottles of water but once I double clicked on them they get consumed and disappear, but the character's thirst monitor is still the same.

Thanks for reporting!

I'll take a look at this ASAP, were you using other mods?

EDIT : Damn... Drink actions aren't working due to a small error in the script (a missing [;] T_T).

I'll prep a hot fix as soon as I can, sorry for that folks...

• Like 1

Okay so here's a few things I've fixed for the next update :

- drink actions weren't working.

- car patrols were unable to spawn.

- tweaked spawn rates and distances for AI survivors (that's gonna need some testing).

- fixed some RPT errors, I still have to look into a few others.

I'll probably add a few things to the modules (music & more options), and look into bad benson's idea; I expect I'll be able to update in less than two weeks, probably for next week-end.

Thanks for the reports guys!

Great idea from BB regarding a darker soundscape....would add another layer to the overall mood of the island.

And if there's room on that to-do list...maybe a post process effect module with a few different presets....i have a few i'm willing to share and Greenfist has just updated his awesome tool for pp effects.... https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/176057-gf-post-process-editor/ 

Keep up the awesome work Haleks

P.S.   I rustled up a little promo video last night but ran into a few editing problems :P  Hopefully i'll have a little something later tonight.  ;)

Thanks for reporting!

I'll take a look at this ASAP, were you using other mods?

EDIT : Damn... Drink actions aren't working due to a small error in the script (a missing [;] T_T).

I'll prep a hot fix as soon as I can, sorry for that folks...

I only have that SFX mod you recommended - everything else is clean.

And if I may suggest you make Ravage compatible with either ACE mod or this magazine repack mod:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19692

It really helps to be able to combine half-used magazines so they dont increase weight.

Also, regarding repairing cars, can you make it so that toolkit is not used completely on fixing single item on a car? I found a truck but it had 2 busted tires and once I fixed one tire, toolkit was used up. Altis is huge map, and it'd be really a pain in the neck if we have to find 6 toolkits to fix a vehicle completely  :unsure: 

I can only say I got addicted to this, playing it for really long time now - the only issue I found so far is that one about drinks and thirst. Anyhow, I'll inform you here if I find other problems. Keep up the good work mate

+1 for a way to repack mags, something simpler than the one linked though.

And if I may suggest you make Ravage compatible with either ACE mod or this magazine repack mod:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19692

It really helps to be able to combine half-used magazines so they dont increase weight.

Also, regarding repairing cars, can you make it so that toolkit is not used completely on fixing single item on a car? I found a truck but it had 2 busted tires and once I fixed one tire, toolkit was used up. Altis is huge map, and it'd be really a pain in the neck if we have to find 6 toolkits to fix a vehicle completely  :unsure: 

I can only say I got addicted to this, playing it for really long time now - the only issue I found so far is that one about drinks and thirst. Anyhow, I'll inform you here if I find other problems. Keep up the good work mate

Yeah a magazine repack function was on my mind when I started this project, but it was quite the headache to achieve - BI might have added more practical commands since then, so I'll have to see if I can make something...

In any case, ACE has some neat features and I intend to add full support for it. At some point. ;)

Regarding the toolbox mechanism, it is more of a placeholder : I don't know yet where I'm going with this one.

The current mechanism is bit extreme I admit, but vehicles make the game much much more easier and should be (very) hard to fix.

It would be another story if their fuel consumption rate was much higher - another thing I have to try & tweak...

• Like 1

Yeah a magazine repack function was on my mind when I started this project, but it was quite the headache to achieve - BI might have added more practical commands since then, so I'll have to see if I can make something...

In any case, ACE has some neat features and I intend to add full support for it. At some point. ;)

Regarding the toolbox mechanism, it is more of a placeholder : I don't know yet where I'm going with this one.

The current mechanism is bit extreme I admit, but vehicles make the game much much more easier and should be (very) hard to fix.

It would be another story if their fuel consumption rate was much higher - another thing I have to try & tweak...

Indeed, it's a work in progress - however I'd suggest that you increase food/medical kit spawn and fix that issue with thirst as a priority. As it is now, it's extremely rare spawn of food, and we do lose health when starving (I died today because of it and I'll be waiting for fix on these issues - playing 2018 until this is fixed is good alternative ;) ).

I liked idea of hunting and cooking food in your 2018 mod for Arma 2. Is it possible to make that system here as well because I did see some rabbits in fields.

Regarding water: could the water supply be done in a manner of catching rain water in those empty cans and then boiling it at fireplace? (just an idea). If it's too much of a problem, then making more spawned water/sodas/beer items would be decent way to fix it. 

Weapons/ammo spawn is okay IMHO - I managed to find weapons as weall as scavange sufficient amount from killed bandits.

Hi Stormforge!

Interesting feedback, I'll try to answer a few things.

The COREVLITE name refers to warfareThai mod wich generates its own small errors - that's the annoying thing when supporting other mods : it becomes difficult to figure wich one is causing RPT errors.

As far as I know, Ravage only throws a few of them, most being related to infected scripts (although they do work fine).

About food spawns : yes, it is scarce and it is intended so. The number of addon items you use in your session does affect the spawn rates for each object, you're right - but that's only true for the loot system, it doesn't affect the NPC loadout balancing so they are your best chance to find some. I guess the loot system needs a little structure change, now that I think about it...

Thanks for the feedback about the NPC spawns! That's what I need : it is the hardest thing to balance. What surprises me is that you were in the wilderness; are you sure you weren't near a town?

I'll certainly keep tweaking those spawns, meanwhile I could use more thoughts on this from other players! ;)

Was spawned and swarmed by zombies and bandits within minutes at both southwest of Agios Dionysios on the south side of Agla Stemma (scenic overlook on the named hill, house 400m west), and southwest of Chalkeia, east of the hill Oldymos, on the 216m tall hill traveling south along the road to the 206m hill (Windturbines count as buildings?), skip over all the houses I traveled by on my way southwest to the hills east of Panagia along the shore where it continued to happen.) Once they start spawning I usually have 15+ zombies within 200m in these areas.

For the above mentioned mag repack, I use ACE3 with medical and a few other modules removed that do not get used in this mission. There is also a standalone Mag Repack by Outlaw (outlawled in the forums here.)

Hey kind of a noob when it comes to modding in arma 3... played alot of daizy on arma 2 is the modding any different here? how do i setup a scenario with all the weapons gear and loot from all the addons that you mentioned on lets say chernarus? is it complicated, can anyone help?

Thank you for the effort, i love you man! :D

thank you in advance

A few players have commented on the scarcity of loot, specifically food and drink.....I personally find the inability to find food and water adds to the overall sense of fear and panic.

The loot balance seems pretty accurate at the moment......High loot levels can create a lack of concern towards the life of the player, i want each playthrough to "mean" something, i want to feel that sense of dread that comes from a lack of food and water.

Would be cool to elaborate on the scarcity of water theme......maybe water sources/stockpiles protected by bandits etc.....

• Like 1

I have an idea and a simple script that allows barricading buildings (Think the CoD Zombies windows) and when I have it set up for most of the civilian buildings I might A. Give it to Haleks if he wants to implement it vanilla OR B. Make a mod that can be loaded with Ravage to implement.

• Like 1

Hey Heleks, Congrats on your release, you really deserve it after developing it for 2 years. :D

• Like 1

Would probably take too much work, but I like the thought of finding certain loot in a corresponding types of buildings. Military arms at military bases; food, clothing, light civilian arms, and gear in homes, stores, and churches; tools, repair parts, crafting components, etc. in sheds and industrial areas. Then when you are looking for that tire to repair that car you know to look for certain areas.

Would probably take too much work, but I like the thought of finding certain loot in a corresponding types of buildings. Military arms at military bases; food, clothing, light civilian arms, and gear in homes, stores, and churches; tools, repair parts, crafting components, etc. in sheds and industrial areas. Then when you are looking for that tire to repair that car you know to look for certain areas.

This is already the case AFIK.

Hallo, i can't use Scenarios cuz i get this Error:

File miss A3_Data_F_Curator_Characters

Hallo, i can't use Scenarios cuz i get this Error:

File miss A3_Data_F_Curator_Characters

In Steam go to Arma 3 > Properties > Local Files > Verify integrity of game cache

Report back if that works for you.

This mod need some dlc?

Please attempt the fix I defined, this mod does not require you to have purchased any of the DLC.

This mod need some dlc?

No, no requirements, you just need Arma3.

This is more or less the case already, as Bossmann said; I kept Na_palm's idea when adapting his script : there're four types of building/loot - civilian, military, industrial and research.

So it's not on a "per building" basis but on a "per type of building" thing - wich is pretty much the same. ;)

Hey Haleks, Congrats on your release, you really deserve it after developing it for 2 years. :D

Thanks mate! I was quite happy and surprised that both DSS & Contention were released the same week - looks like stalker & survival fans are going to be quite busy!

A few players have commented on the scarcity of loot, specifically food and drink.....I personally find the inability to find food and water adds to the overall sense of fear and panic.

The loot balance seems pretty accurate at the moment......High loot levels can create a lack of concern towards the life of the player, i want each playthrough to "mean" something, i want to feel that sense of dread that comes from a lack of food and water.

Would be cool to elaborate on the scarcity of water theme......maybe water sources/stockpiles protected by bandits etc.....

The health system has been designed around that very idea : hydration & nutrition don't go down too fast, but nonetheless, after an hour or so players begin to worry about their subsistence. :devil:

Keep in mind that NPC are your best chance - I'm not saying you should play like a bandit, but... survival of the fittest and all that!

Mate I played yesterday for 5hrs and died of starvation, not being killed by bandits or zombies. Looted whole towns and found no food whatsoever. In second attempt I played for 3hrs and found only one milk. So the issue is not scarcity, the issue is unbalanced loot system. Keep in mid that you dont need food only for sustenance, but to raise your lost HP as well. Water bottles do not work, so it's also not the issue of scarcity but a bug in the mod. 

The health system has been designed around that very idea : hydration & nutrition don't go down too fast, but nonetheless, after an hour or so players begin to worry about their subsistence. :devil:

Keep in mind that NPC are your best chance - I'm not saying you should play like a bandit, but... survival of the fittest and all that!

True Haleks, I agree that the mod should be based around the idea of keeping your character alive, fed, and healthy. But even resorting to banditry is not solution, because other bandits never have food/drinks on them. I killed many in yesterday's 5 hrs gameplay and I found no food/drinks on them at all. Indeed a bug with drinking system is something not related to loot-table, and as such is a problem.

Patience buddy, a bug-free version with added features is on the work! ;)

NOTE : Right now, food & drink only spawn in Civ buildings, no need to look elsewhere.

Depending on feedback I migth add food in military loots to higher a bit the chances to find some...

How many of you guys are starving right now? :P

EDIT :

2puMI6A.png

First preview of my Ravage LUT.

Full Preview here

Looks like mother Nature is still very much alive! I really love that lush green; I'm under the impression that Chernarus would look awesome with this!

• Like 1

My goal is a mix between the context of the nuclear situation and blockbuster look.

Since the vegetation is still present I don´t want to color it dead so to speak with greyish tones or whatever.

There shall be an overall tone which emphasizes the now partly toxic environment.

At least thats how I interpret the world in ravage - correct me if I am wrong.

Regards

My goal is a mix between the context of the nuclear situation and blockbuster look.

Since the vegetation is still present I don´t want to color it dead so to speak with greyish tones or whatever.

There shall be an overall tone which emphasizes the now partly toxic environment.

At least thats how I interpret the world in ravage - correct me if I am wrong.

Regards

There's no correction to make : each interpretation is valid.

I myself intend to try different vibes with Ravage (from STALKER to Mass Effect), so feel free to explore!

There's no canon. ;)

• Like 1