If you guys stumble upon any serious issues, be sure to report it ASAP so I can tackle it this week-end!

And... here we go!

The first post has been updated with the download link : remember that the mod is far from complete and that all supported addons are optional.

The first release only demonstrate the free-roam part of the mod, also note that the current introduction is a placeholder and will change once a proper story is added.

I will take some time to write a few things about the mission-making part of the mod, meanwhile if you have any questions, shoot!

Have fun fellas!

7d6fb166ee.gif

• Like 2

Initial feedback based on an hour of gameplay using Ravage modules in the editor.....

The modules are already in a very polished state, with full beans on all modules framerates are very good.

Damn, those fast zombies are...fast!

Only played with vanilla assets, looking forward to trying out Ravage with all the supported addons.

Clearly the project is a labour of love......and it shows, you have something very special here.  ;)

• Like 1

After my first hour I would have to agree...

Very clean and professional... no overwhelming menu screen overrides..

I loaded from scenarios and had a blast.

Zombie pacing is great, love the PP effects. 10 of 10 for atmosphere with the music. Great building textures, and wreck spawner... really adds to the desolation

Ran into Bandit group and took them out. Took  out a bunch of zombies. Forgot to Activate DoDead so will do that for next session...

I just never found any food although the health system is very good and I really like how it is tied into inventory so you dont see it unless you need it.

Overall... outstanding :)

only thing that happened that was odd was at one spot that had smoke... something was floating about 100 ft up... should have taken a screen shot... if it happens  again I will...

Initial feedback based on an hour of gameplay using Ravage modules in the editor.....

The modules are already in a very polished state, with full beans on all modules framerates are very good.

Damn, those fast zombies are...fast!

Only played with vanilla assets, looking forward to trying out Ravage with all the supported addons.

Clearly the project is a labour of love......and it shows, you have something very special here.  ;)

Thanks for the quick feedback Evil Organ!

Now I can relax a bit, knowing that nothing went wrong while packing this for release. :P

For those who aren't afraid to add even more mods to their list, I will make a small list of addons I strongly recommend for any Arma3 gameplay - the modding community have been producing some very neat features wich deserve more publicity

(on the top of my head : Unit SFX - Body fall sounds & hit screams is a must-have).

About the modules : I tried to make them as practical as possible for now (eventhough I forgot to include some debug options...), but I intend to make something much more comprehensive for the next version. ;)

Anyway thanks for the nice words!

Also, if there is anyone with a good machine and a taste for making movies/trailers, don't hesitate to share in this thread so I can link your videos.

I don't have time myself, but I'll happily answer any question and provide explanations or custom scripts for that purpose - feel free to PM me.

Also, if there is anyone with a good machine and a taste for making movies/trailers, don't hesitate to share in this thread so I can link your videos.

I don't have time myself, but I'll happily answer any question and provide explanations or custom scripts for that purpose - feel free to PM me.

I can be easily persuaded.  ;)

I really like this mod!

Played it for about 40 minutes now.

The Atmosphere is just great!

I was searching for exactly something like that!

Congrats on this Mod - for survival fans it is a must to try.

I will check the Modules for the editor soon. I hope I can recreate all the functions on Esseker since I don´t like Altis for this kind of scenario.

Inspired by your mod I will post a LUT for Real Light especially for this mod soon.

I really like it! 

• Like 1

I will check the Modules for the editor soon. I hope I can recreate all the functions on Esseker since I don´t like Altis for this kind of scenario.

Yes, you should be able to do so in a few clicks - expect for manually placed stuff such as enemy camps or special objects (for now).

I'll think on a few ideas to ease the creation of custom hostile camps - that's the only thing I couldn't include in the modules right now.

Thanks for the positive feedback guys!

EDIT : Eagerly waiting to see what you will come up with Real Light, Solano!

I tested the modules for the Editor and I must say - it is just awesome.

It is all I could wish for!

Thanks so much for this great Mod.

The only thing which is not my taste is the default Scenario Look - which can be toggled in the editor tho.

I will invest some time soon and try to create my interpretation of an postapocalyptic as an alternative and share with you like I said.

Oh and I just remembered that it would be a cool Module for the Editor as well if you were able to enable the ambient music/sfx from the scenario. It has a really good quality and adds so much to the atmosphere!

I am looking forward to future updates.

Thanks again!

Played with the modules earlier,...haleks, your way to generous with those modules...a mission-makers dream.... ;)

Just played the Mod itself.......I just gotta say if this the backdrop to what's to come.......Folks, we're in for a good Winter!

I think this is THE project that's captured the true beauty of Altis, I see her in a whole new light now. That soundtrack against the backdrop of a ravaged Altis is breathtaking!

The page may be blank at the moment but there are chapters and chapters to be written on this beautiful canvas.  ;)  Genius.

• Like 2

I see you have a food/water system. cool!

is there any way to have that sepperate from the rest? I've been asking ACE3 about this feature with no response at all.

We play long missions where we could be behind enemy lines over a week. Having relyance on food in our backpack would be great.

I see you have a food/water system. cool!

is there any way to have that sepperate from the rest? I've been asking ACE3 about this feature with no response at all.

We play long missions where we could be behind enemy lines over a week. Having relyance on food in our backpack would be great.

Sadly none of the scripts have been tested in a multiplayer environment, so that's not gonna happen right away, sorry to say that.

But a hunger system shouldn't be that hard to make if you guys have mission makers/scripters - I think WarfareThai has its own system, did you give it a try?

I tested the modules for the Editor and I must say - it is just awesome.

It is all I could wish for!

Thanks so much for this great Mod.

The only thing which is not my taste is the default Scenario Look - which can be toggled in the editor tho.

I will invest some time soon and try to create my interpretation of an postapocalyptic as an alternative and share with you like I said.

Oh and I just remembered that it would be a cool Module for the Editor as well if you were able to enable the ambient music/sfx from the scenario. It has a really good quality and adds so much to the atmosphere!

I am looking forward to future updates.

Thanks again!

The music module was lost somewhere on my to-do list! ^^'

I will certainly add one; as for the color filter, you can disable it via the custom radio menu : press "0" twice, from there you can enable/disable the PP effect as well as quicksave your game. ;)

For those who aren't afraid to add even more mods to their list, I will make a small list of addons I strongly recommend for any Arma3 gameplay - the modding community have been producing some very neat features wich deserve more publicity

(on the top of my head : Unit SFX - Body fall sounds & hit screams is a must-have).

A mod list would be great. I tend to use a lot of mods. Will be trying your creation with all the listed mods minus HLC AK pack, plus some that I use quite often. Will also give Unit SFX a try after my first playthrough. Like to try new mods but there are so many and to sift through them all that it can be time consuming. I currently run the following mods on most missions and will try them on yours also to see how they work. Definitely open to any suggestions on new mods or ones to replace what I am using that may be better. (Author names are from PW6)

ACE3 (minus medical and a few other modules) - ACEMod

Adjustable full screen night vision - xx-LSD-xx

Bigger Trunks - Rydygier

Liability Insurance - Rydygier

MCC (For game related issues such as AI team stuck in buildings, etc.) - Shay_gman

Shack-Tac Group Indicators, Stamina Bar - Shack Tactical

TPW (For now only Animations/HUD) - TPW

Unlocked Uniforms - Haleks (Pepe Hal on PW6)

VCOM AI Driving Mod - Genesis92x

WW AI Menu - Windwalking

No real issues so far. Did have an error "corevliteloadouts needs corevlitecharacters" that I thought was linked to Craig's SP pack , but the error has since disappeared after trying to reproduce it a 3rd time.

Loot may be a bit too scarce. Made my way from south of Galana Nera Bay in the northeast up to Molos Airfield, where a survivor killed me while I was being chased by 3 fast zombies. Checked most of the buildings and the majority of them had a bag (cloth sack or luggage) of some kind with only 1 item in each bag. Found 2 radios, 2 hats, 2 backpacks, a map, a watch, a sleeping bag, a M1911, a P99, and an AK-74. None of the weapons found had any ammo and there was 0 food or drink anywhere. This was including running around inside the hanger where there was 1 of the bags. Survivor was either taking pot shots at me the whole time or the zombies till I decided to try to run by him to ditch the zeds, where he shot me dead.

The initial Enfield received uses 10 round magazines not 5, but I believe that is from Massi's Weapons if so I will post in his thread to see if it can be corrected. Is that from his pack? Keep starting by a body with one when spawning.

Played a bit more and have found food and drink, but they seem more scarce than other gear. Might have added too much gear to the loot lists with all those addons. What can I say I like variety and never knowing what I might be fighting with.

Definitely high in two-legged wildlife of both the unarmed and armed variety. Even found a couple of them friendly and recruitable. Any thoughts on extending the range out of spawns or frequency. I find even out in the wilderness I get swarmed by loads of zombies, bandits, and unfriendly survivors all at the same time. Was fighting a group of bandits, and killed them with my 5 shots. Looted them then was immediately set upon by another group, which in the middle of killing that group another spawned up the hill from them, about 500m from me. Go figure they opened fire immediately. The whole time zombies are spawning continuously around me at about 200m. 800-1000 for bandits and survivors, 300-400 for zombies? Maybe increase the spacing or decrease the number of zombie spawns away from towns? Liked the number of bandits/survivors, just thought they spawned a little close.

Would be nice to find a mag with weapons, but I do like the low number of rounds bandits carry. Pretty much have to look to keep ammo stocks up. Lone Survivors seem to carry a bit more, which is a nice surprise after looting 4 bandits with varying loads left in 4 different weapons.

Definitely a good start to this project and cannot wait to see what gets added.

can you release on PWS :) as you can now uplaod and manage mods yourself on it 

No real issues so far. Did have an error "corevliteloadouts needs corevlitecharacters" that I thought was linked to Craig's SP pack , but the error has since disappeared after trying to reproduce it a 3rd time.

Loot may be a bit too scarce. Made my way from south of Galana Nera Bay in the northeast up to Molos Airfield, where a survivor killed me while I was being chased by 3 fast zombies. Checked most of the buildings and the majority of them had a bag (cloth sack or luggage) of some kind with only 1 item in each bag. Found 2 radios, 2 hats, 2 backpacks, a map, a watch, a sleeping bag, a M1911, a P99, and an AK-74. None of the weapons found had any ammo and there was 0 food or drink anywhere. This was including running around inside the hanger where there was 1 of the bags. Survivor was either taking pot shots at me the whole time or the zombies till I decided to try to run by him to ditch the zeds, where he shot me dead.

The initial Enfield received uses 10 round magazines not 5, but I believe that is from Massi's Weapons if so I will post in his thread to see if it can be corrected. Is that from his pack? Keep starting by a body with one when spawning.

Played a bit more and have found food and drink, but they seem more scarce than other gear. Might have added too much gear to the loot lists with all those addons. What can I say I like variety and never knowing what I might be fighting with.

Definitely high in two-legged wildlife of both the unarmed and armed variety. Even found a couple of them friendly and recruitable. Any thoughts on extending the range out of spawns or frequency. I find even out in the wilderness I get swarmed by loads of zombies, bandits, and unfriendly survivors all at the same time. Was fighting a group of bandits, and killed them with my 5 shots. Looted them then was immediately set upon by another group, which in the middle of killing that group another spawned up the hill from them, about 500m from me. Go figure they opened fire immediately. The whole time zombies are spawning continuously around me at about 200m. 800-1000 for bandits and survivors, 300-400 for zombies? Maybe increase the spacing or decrease the number of zombie spawns away from towns? Liked the number of bandits/survivors, just thought they spawned a little close.

Would be nice to find a mag with weapons, but I do like the low number of rounds bandits carry. Pretty much have to look to keep ammo stocks up. Lone Survivors seem to carry a bit more, which is a nice surprise after looting 4 bandits with varying loads left in 4 different weapons.

Definitely a good start to this project and cannot wait to see what gets added.

By the way : you don't need unlocked_uniforms, it's already hard-coded in Ravage. ;)

Hi Stormforge!

Interesting feedback, I'll try to answer a few things.

The COREVLITE name refers to warfareThai mod wich generates its own small errors - that's the annoying thing when supporting other mods : it becomes difficult to figure wich one is causing RPT errors.

As far as I know, Ravage only throws a few of them, most being related to infected scripts (although they do work fine).

About food spawns : yes, it is scarce and it is intended so. The number of addon items you use in your session does affect the spawn rates for each object, you're right - but that's only true for the loot system, it doesn't affect the NPC loadout balancing so they are your best chance to find some. I guess the loot system needs a little structure change, now that I think about it...

Thanks for the feedback about the NPC spawns! That's what I need : it is the hardest thing to balance. What surprises me is that you were in the wilderness; are you sure you weren't near a town?

I'll certainly keep tweaking those spawns, meanwhile I could use more thoughts on this from other players! ;)

can you release on PWS :) as you can now uplaod and manage mods yourself on it 

Right now I'm thinking I'll probably push a few small updates to adress some issues; once it's done yeah, I might have a look at uploading it to PW6.

press "0" twice, from there you can enable/disable the PP effect as well as quicksave your game. ;)

Ah! Good to know!

Played with the modules earlier,...haleks, your way to generous with those modules...a mission-makers dream.... ;)

The page may be blank at the moment but there are chapters and chapters to be written on this beautiful canvas.  ;)  Genius.

Exactly!

No real issues so far.

None of the weapons found had any ammo and there was 0 food or drink anywhere. 

I must say I only found empty cans (a lot) - which is nice so it is not too easy but after 1,5h still had no luck.

Another thing that interests me: Do the Zs spawn only near buildings? I am under the impression because with the modules on Esseker they seem only occur then.

I tried to combine your mod with Ryans Zombies and Demons to Mix it up and because I created a whole-map Z-Spawn System with it before.

This is a exotic case I know but the two Zombie groups attacked each other. Ryans Zs are Independent in my case so I assume your Zs are Opfor ones? Can that be changed somehow?

And another thing I wanted to talk about is the fact that the Zs don´t seem to come to you when you shoot. In other words - loud noises don´t seem to attract them.

This is a game design decision of you I assume but just out of curiousity - will there be maybe something like that in the modules for editing in the future?

For me personally it is just very exciting when I know that it is a huge decision to take a shot at all in this scenario because you attract the attention of Zs in lets say a radius of 400m or so - and KI Bandits as well. 

Just an Idea I wanted to share.

Sorry for the unstructured post.

Regards

Another thing that interests me: Do the Zs spawn only near buildings? I am under the impression because with the modules on Esseker they seem only occur then.

I tried to combine your mod with Ryans Zombies and Demons to Mix it up and because I created a whole-map Z-Spawn System with it before.

This is a exotic case I know but the two Zombie groups attacked each other. Ryans Zs are Independent in my case so I assume your Zs are Opfor ones? Can that be changed somehow?

And another thing I wanted to talk about is the fact that the Zs don´t seem to come to you when you shoot. In other words - loud noises don´t seem to attract them.

This is a game design decision of you I assume but just out of curiousity - will there be maybe something like that in the modules for editing in the future?

Yes, currently zed spawns are triggered by buildings; I began writting an ambiant spawner for those long walks in the wild, but couldn't include it in the first version as it needs more polishing (I also wasn't sure about performances regarding the number of zeds, but the first feedbacks are reassuring in that regard).

About zeds in Ravage : they aren't Independent nor Opfor, they've a negative rating to ensure everyone sees them as hostiles.

Since they're agents, I had to write specific functions to have them detecting/chasing preys (anything that is breathing still) - those functions will most likely be conflictual with infected from "other strains". ;)

They also react to gunfires, the problem is that their hearing range is limited to something like 80 meters (I think), due to the way it is currently handled. I admit it's not much, but increasing that range implies using different commands wich are going to be more demanding (not to mention that it will drastically diminish NPCs longevity); I guess I could cheat just a bit and make an exception for the player while leaving the rest as it is for NPC gunshots - what do you guys think?

Regarding modules : the next version will have more options such as : percentage of fast zombies, max number of zombies, enable/disable the sun angle modificator on the max spawn number etc...

Thanks for the observations & suggestions.

Keep them feedbacks coming guys, I'm making myself a nice to-do list for the next update! ^^

EDIT : Thanks to cosmic10r, I just found out that bandits might not be able to spawn in cars as they are supposed to in some occasions.

Just a silly error on my end - it will be fixed for the update!

• Like 1

i have one suggestion about environmental sounds. i kinda felt that the crickets took away from the darkness and made that typical vanilla holiday island vibe. so my suggestion would be to replace those sounds with something else in the island configs (making small replacement configs for that). i'd be willing to help out if you'D be interested in doing that and need some help.

otherwise i had a great experience so far. the hardcoreness combined with the quick save made me feel some awesome nostalgia. trying to take out a bandit patrol with just a few pistol shots right now lol.

great work. keep it up!

EDIT: i got those fucks. one got away but once i had looted his friends i caught up to him and caught him being hunted by a zed.

so much interesting gameplay in such short time. good stuff.

• Like 2

Please put this up on Github, it makes it super easy to make changes on your end and for us it makes keeping up with changes and making fixes you might not have caught easier.