Very Exciting... looking forward to a change of pace with this... especially in SP.

The screen shots look very nice, has the lighting been tweaked or is it just the filter doing it?

Additionally, you mention that AiA TP is supported, will you switch support to the CUP TP when it officially drops?

The screen shots look very nice, has the lighting been tweaked or is it just the filter doing it?

Additionally, you mention that AiA TP is supported, will you switch support to the CUP TP when it officially drops?

Filter only. (Took me quite some time to find the right thing - eventhough it still doesn't feel 100% right to me! ^^')

As for CUP TP compatibility, I'm actually waiting for its release to get back to those Arma2 terrains missions. ;)

But as far as I know, classnames should remain the same so I'm confident CUP won't need any work I haven't done already for AiA, but we'll see.

Filter only. (Took me quite some time to find the right thing - eventhough it still doesn't feel 100% right to me! ^^')

As for CUP TP compatibility, I'm actually waiting for its release to get back to those Arma2 terrains missions. ;)

But as far as I know, classnames should remain the same so I'm confident CUP won't need any work I haven't done already for AiA, but we'll see.

Well, I did include the link to the pre-release (Be warned, its 7.5Gb) so you can download it and test it out.

But I will eventually add full support for WarfareThaï weapons for people who don't play with RHS or Massi's (if there's any!).

That would be me then  ;) ........Glad to see WarfareThai getting some love and attention....very underrated and underused mod.

Screenshots are very atmospheric....very much looking forward to this......All the best for the final push to release  :)

CUP team is making sure everything stays the same even if upgrades were placed so any mods supporting AiA should be good for when cup terrands is fully released.

I've tested the current version 0.1 rc and my god does the a3 grass and the return of ponds make me happy!

CUP team is making sure everything stays the same even if upgrades were placed so any mods supporting AiA should be good for when cup terrands is fully released.

I've tested the current version 0.1 rc and my god does the a3 grass and the return of ponds make me happy!

Ouch...He's Thread Jacking! :p

Again, Ravage is looking not that bad. ;)

Ouch...He's Thread Jacking! :P

What?

Ouch...He's Thread Jacking! :p

Haha, and yes the mod looks really sweet too!

Thanks for confirming the good news Sanchez! ;)

To be honest I can't wait to play on Chernarus again, it's such a cool map for this kind of atmosphere!

Souvenirs from AiA TP ^^

5ee5d4b5-18c0-4568-94df-18cd311440bf.jpg

f6902ef8-09b7-4161-96e5-2d40ff87d568.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks for confirming the good news Sanchez! ;)

To be honest I can't wait to play on Chernarus again, it's such a cool map for this kind of atmosphere!

Souvenirs from AiA TP ^^

5ee5d4b5-18c0-4568-94df-18cd311440bf.jpg

f6902ef8-09b7-4161-96e5-2d40ff87d568.jpg

Looking great, now is that also pp corrections applied to all these pictures.

Are you considering those corrections as a default for your mod?

Looking great, now is that also pp corrections applied to all these pictures.

Are you considering those corrections as a default for your mod?

Yes, it is PP corrections as well (it is the simplest solution but I might end up fiddling with ambient lighting configs at some point) - it will be enabled by default on most maps/missions.

(the next versions of Ravage will probably include feral dog packs à la STALKER).

I've been away from my computer this week, but I'll try to push the release before September if I can

Actually, I migth postpone the release just a bit : I've been toying a tad with the dogs and, eventhough they're currently far from perfect, their behaviour is solid enough - and they bring some animation in this desolated world.

It's always nice to follow some barks in the distance and stumble upon a pack of dogs defending themselves against zombies! ;)

I'm fiddling with the idea of adding more ambient life you could hunt such as sheeps (would be extremely rare to find though) while I'm at it - but that might not be present in the first version.

It requires a bit of work and a lot of testing & balancing as I don't want it to make things too easy.

Anyway, a few more pics of ravaged landscapes!

As shown in the first one, you'll be able to holster your weapons and walk empty-handed (quite usefull as it saves stamina and allows you to run faster) :

3b03110a-33c7-4933-8807-7516ca80ede6.jpg

a19344cd-9c32-4502-9ddc-ded1adcc4dd1.jpg

4188c333-a9a0-44c3-a626-3425790aac38.jpg

af9cc0ad-151c-4516-8d48-e66908926ae8.jpg

I'll make some pictures of the retextured vehicles and some other stuff soon.

• Like 2

The Afflicted : infected survivors on the verge of turning into brainless and savage creatures.

Despaired and unpredictable.

1a59e2fc-8ef3-42e1-8a6c-7cfa5cea88c3.jpg

18863338-d783-4966-8bca-c7b8000a8fc8.jpg

38690c8b-7847-4184-8f0e-0d6b909bfaae.jpg

b89ed6ce-b278-46c1-9d35-d2a261b36ec1.jpg

A few words about NPC survivors in Ravage :

As stated in the OP, you'll able to recruit some of them. Some of you may have played my single player mods of DayZ on Arma 2 - one of the recurrent problems reported was the difficulty to distinguish friendlies from hostiles,

causing awkward situations

("Hello! Wanna join me? Oh wait you're hostile but you can't really express it except for shooting me...").

The Afflicted concept should answer to that problem - and to the fact that it is tedious to script complex and expressive behaviours in Arma.

The basic rules to remember while playing the showcase scenarios :

- Group of survivors will always be hostile; when you have the numbers, why bother with diplomacy? There'll usually be two factions fighting each other for the control of the terrain/island, each group belongs to either one of them.

In some of the showcases, those groups will occupy one or several important locations. On rare occasions they'll be patroling in armed vehicles.

- Lone travelers will most likely be hostile as well : the Afflicted will kill and rob anyone, including other renegades. Their last days of consciousness are ones of solitary madness and pillaging.

- Keep in mind that some survivors are willing to join you; their max number is limited by the number of towns on the map. They'll be hard to find and travel alone as well.

As long as you have binoculars or any kind of long range optic, it should be easy to make the difference between friendlies and afflicted renegades; failing that, survivors will signal friendly fires by radio if you have one.

4f43bcd0-92a5-4fbb-9ac4-4cbe3a975297.jpg

Important note about the Afflicted concept :

Those units use the skins from @Dawn of the Dead - eventhough this mod is optional, it is highly recommended.

I'm looking for more zombie or infected skin addons to add support for, if you guys have any suggestions, shoot!

• Like 5

I am both intrigued and hyper-salivating. 

I'm more of a lurker, but I registered just to say that I'm really looking forward to this mod, I've been checking this thread frequently for any updates... I know you said you were delaying it, but what's the new ETA? I was kinda hoping to play this before returning to college :P

I'm more of a lurker, but I registered just to say that I'm really looking forward to this mod, I've been checking this thread frequently for any updates... I know you said you were delaying it, but what's the new ETA? I was kinda hoping to play this before returning to college :P

As much as i would like to play this mod myself, it's generally frowned upon to ask mod authors about release dates and the like.....Big Hairy Men with sticks may just pay you a visit..... :(

• Like 1

As much as i would like to play this mod myself, it's generally frowned upon to ask mod authors about release dates and the like.....Big Hairy Men with sticks may just pay you a visit..... :(

Oh sorry, I wasn't aware of that rule :(

No big deal, don't worry - and welcome to the forum Gazzamc!

To be honest, the mod is already very much playable right now and could be released as it is.

But I'm making sure everything is working/feeling as expected, including on long runs - that's the hardest thing to balance and it takes its sweet time to test it alone.

I'm also trying to get all the "small" stuff done so I can focus on more important game mechanics once the first version is out (base building, management of needs for survivors recruited by the player, persistent evolution of the conflict opposing raider factions and all that good stuff...); I recently added full support for Warfare Thaï weapons plus countless tweaks in various domains : vehicle sounds, animation tweaks, features from my other mods (especially HAL radio protocol wich is very much needed in my opinion), disabling certain stock features such as the "find your location" button on the map, etc... There is very little that isn't touched one way or another by the Ravage Mod.

Lately I added the possibility for groups from the same faction to merge on some occasions (and surprise the player by the occasion), I'm thinking about making it a 100% dynamic function...

So yeah, eventhough it's quite ready, it's still cooking. I'd rather not give any ETA other than (very) soon. ;)

• Like 2

Big Hairy Men with sticks may just pay you a visit..... :(

They're very polite and not so hairy. ;)

No big deal, don't worry - and welcome to the forum Gazzamc!

To be honest, the mod is already very much playable right now and could be released as it is.

But I'm making sure everything is working/feeling as expected, including on long runs - that's the hardest thing to balance and it takes its sweet time to test it alone.

I'm also trying to get all the "small" stuff done so I can focus on more important game mechanics once the first version is out (base building, management of needs for survivors recruited by the player, persistent evolution of the conflict opposing raider factions and all that good stuff...); I recently added full support for Warfare Thaï weapons plus countless tweaks in various domains : vehicle sounds, animation tweaks, features from my other mods (especially HAL radio protocol wich is very much needed in my opinion), disabling certain stock features such as the "find your location" button on the map, etc... There is very little that isn't touched one way or another by the Ravage Mod.

Lately I added the possibility for groups from the same faction to merge on some occasions (and surprise the player by the occasion), I'm thinking about making it a 100% dynamic function...

So yeah, eventhough it's quite ready, it's still cooking. I'd rather not give any ETA other than (very) soon. ;)

Thanks for understanding :D and the warm welcome... It sounds amazing, keep up the good work and release it when you feel it's ready :P

So Hyped! :D

Hi chaps!

I've been a bit silent lately, quite busy IRL but still working on the mod whenever I can.

Eventhough progress has been a tad slow recently, the first phase is nearing completion.

*Teasing*

d812a570-9f1c-4393-ae4f-ae737c198063.jpg

*/Teasing*

And since I just fell in love with 3CB BAF backpacks, I've added support for most of them. ;)

dea0d34b-a734-4a7d-809e-3e05e4cc5450.jpg

See you soon in the wastelands!

• Like 2