Some of those features sound similar somewhere.. (but if you have used a few scripts by authors, please credit them :) )

By the way, your mod looks nice, keep it up! ;)

Regards,

Rawner135

Edited by Ranwer
my bad

We can swear in these forums right?.............Hell Fucking Yeah......this sounds epic.....

Ranwer said:
Question...

Are you copying off the franchise DSS?!? :/ (The features sound very identical)

Haleks said:

Ravage is a single person project, inspired by various games such as the Stalker series or the Dayz mod,
as well as many novels like The White Plague by Frank Herbert or Ravage by Barjavel.
The Ravage mod has been in development for about two years and is still an ongoing project, with
many additions being planned for the future.

Both our mods are inspired by Dayz, obviously, so there will be a lot of similarities I expect...

No, I'm not copying anything; both our mod are inspired by Dayz, obviously, so there will a lot of similarities I expect...

Ahh, ok. :)

Sorryz for the haze comment, didnt look close enough and suffered the 5 minute wait for editing a post xD (again, keep it up!) ;)

Edit: Wait what?!? :O

I too am creating a mod by myself as well and this is my third year! (Your welcome to use my mission script files if you like, in my DSS franchise) ;)

Edited by Ranwer

Ahh, ok. :)

Sorryz for the haze comment, didnt look close enough and suffered the 5 minute wait for editing a post xD (again, keep it up!) ;)

No worries! I know this kind of mod can be very demanding, it's normal to be a bit over-protective! ;)

• Like 1

all 3 of you guys should lump together, zombies and demons + DSS + ravage-mod

there is a 4th but his mod homepage is on armaholic called "walkers"

Edited by tyl3r99
wrong mod

Teriyaki's TRYK's Multi-Play Uniforms would make a nice addition to that impressive list.....he's got some cool stuff in there....

Oh, and best of luck with the project mate....

Teriyaki's TRYK's Multi-Play Uniforms would make a nice addition to that impressive list.....he's got some cool stuff in there....

I know. :)

But I manually select what assets are to be used in the mod; given the number of supported addons, I'd rather wait for a final version for mods with many items.

But don't worry, Tryk's addon will be supported.

all 3 of you guys should lump together, zombies and demons + DSS + ravage-mod

there is a 4th but his mod homepage is on armaholic called "walkers"

Why not? ^^

Yet, given the amount of time invested in each mod, I'd like to see how each individual release pan out! ;)

Plus, combining work from different people can be difficult, especially when everyone's domain cover the same areas.

But I'm open to the idea. :)

---------- Post added at 19:24 ---------- Previous post was at 19:23 ----------

Edit: Wait what?!? :O

I too am creating a mod by myself as well and this is my third year! (Your welcome to use my mission script files if you like, in my DSS franchise) ;)

Thanks man! I'm waiting to check it out when it's released! ;)

Looking forward to being scared shitless when this is released. Good job!

Hi guys! Some informations about the mod while I take a break from the final testing phase!

As stated in the OP, Ravage should be easy to use for mission makers (eventhough the first version will lack customisation options).
With that in mind let me share some details on how zombies work in Ravage. ;)

The first version will include various modules, one of them allowing you to spawn zombies all over the map (it is possible to define black-list zones, more infos on that later).
The spawn function should be compatible with every single map available - as long as it contains some buildings, no matter the type of building.
The maximum number of zombies is dynamic as it depends on the sun angle. Of course, the code has its own clean up function, making sure that unused zombies are deleted as the player move across the map.
Spawned zombies aren't persistent, but it is possible to clean up a location : as long as you remain in the same area, no more zombies will spawn.

About their behaviour :
They can attack any human being (player and NPC), as well as dogs (the next versions of Ravage will probably include feral dog packs à la STALKER).
Their spotting abilities are tied to several factors to achieve a somewhat dynamic behaviour : sun angle, the target speed, field of view and the target's stance (crouched, prone etc).
In other words, it is possible to play hide and seek with them - but keep in mind that shaking them off is more complex than just breaking line of sight, they will look for their last target if they loose it.
They also react to any close by gun shots and will head towards it; the "hearing" function also accounts for suppressed shots (but still, remember that they aren't completely deaf).
Also, since Arma is no zombie simulation, the "zombie attack" script makes sure that AI units can flee when infected are too close.

On the downside : currently they totally ignore vehicles. This is a more complex question, but I do plan to work on this...
Screenies coming soon! ;)

Edited by Haleks
  • Like 1

the next versions of Ravage will probably include feral dog packs à la STALKER).

Love the sound of this.........

• Like 1

Got a few Ideas you might wanna use for the mod:  ;)

- Have a custom main menu screen for either Altis or Stratis. Code below for getting a mission into the main menu:

class CfgPatches
{
	class TUT_MyCustomAnims
	{
		units[] = {};
		weapons[] = {};
		requiredVersion = 0.1;
		requiredAddons[] = {"A3_Map_Stratis"};
	};
};
class CfgMissions
{
	class Cutscenes
	{
		class Stratis_intro1  //magic happens here
		{
			directory = "TUT\TUT_MyCustomAnims\scenes\mynewintro.Stratis";
		};
	};
};

- Maybe the Blowout function that's in Namalsk. (The memories...  B) )

- Usually a short campaign could tell how it all began.

- Mutants  :P

Just some ideas I thought you might want to add in Ravage, anyways, keep it up.  ;)

Rawner135

Got a few Ideas you might wanna use for the mod:  ;)

- Have a custom main menu screen for either Altis or Stratis. Code below for getting a mission into the main menu:

class CfgPatches
{
	class TUT_MyCustomAnims
	{
		units[] = {};
		weapons[] = {};
		requiredVersion = 0.1;
		requiredAddons[] = {"A3_Map_Stratis"};
	};
};
class CfgMissions
{
	class Cutscenes
	{
		class Stratis_intro1  //magic happens here
		{
			directory = "TUT\TUT_MyCustomAnims\scenes\mynewintro.Stratis";
		};
	};
};

- Maybe the Blowout function that's in Namalsk. (The memories...  B) )

- Usually a short campaign could tell how it all began.

- Mutants  :P

Just some ideas I thought you might want to add in Ravage, anyways, keep it up.  ;)

Rawner135

Hi Rawner!

Thanks for the suggestions; the custom intro on main menu was planned, yes ;)

I haven't fiddled with this stuff for a long time, but it is quite tedious as I remember it so I was keeping it for last. ^^

As for the Blowout idea, I've been toying with the idea and had written some basic functions - but I'm not satisfied yet.

The first release will only showcase Altis (and maybe Stratis), but I plan on adding optionnal missions for various terrains after that. Those will most likely have different feelings and backgrounds; there is a project for Chernarus that should have a strong STALKER (the movie) vibe to it. But that's not coming anytime soon, sorry to say that. ^^'

Looks awesome!

You have really outdone yourself (like always) and I honestly can't wait to play this.

As a side note, it would be cool to see you get in contact with the Exile devs, I'd like to see some of the aspects of thier mod (Basebuilding and traider citys in particular) included in yours and vice versa.

Looks awesome!

You have really outdone yourself (like always) and I honestly can't wait to play this.

As a side note, it would be cool to see you get in contact with the Exile devs, I'd like to see some of the aspects of thier mod (Basebuilding and traider citys in particular) included in yours and vice versa.

Hi Bossman!

Nice seeing you here. ;)

Never heard about Exile, but I'll make sure to take a look at it once the current "free-roaming showcase" version is released.

I've been away from my computer this week, but I'll try to push the release before September if I can - and then take some time to reflect on the next features and additions...

As said earlier, I'm considering a collaborative development for the next phases, especially since I'd like to implement a multiplayer mode despite my lack of experience in this domain. ^^

But nothing's decided yet. :)

• Like 1

About multiplayer scripting, there's not really much to it. Probably the only 2 you'll need to know are Local and Global.

Local (e.g. _myvariable) runs on only one machine. (If a script, action, etc., is running)

Global (e.g. myvariable) will run on all computers.

As long as you already have this, it should work fine in MP. (However, I am not really fond of the dedicated system and how it runs. It can be very buggy)

Hope it helps, ;)

Rawner135

• Like 1

Definitely up for this. Looking forward to it in fact.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

About multiplayer scripting, there's not really much to it. Probably the only 2 you'll need to know are Local and Global.

Local (e.g. _myvariable) runs on only one machine. (If a script, action, etc., is running)

Global (e.g. myvariable) will run on all computers.

As long as you already have this, it should work fine in MP. (However, I am not really fond of the dedicated system and how it runs. It can be very buggy)

Hope it helps, ;)

Rawner135

Sorry rawner, but this is wrong.

_myvar will be local to the script or function

myvar will be local to the machine

Publicvariable "myvar" will be public and sync to all machines

Good luck on the project haleks

This sounds awesome, please make it multiplayer and maybe even some persistence :D

Thanks Giallusto!

I'm in middle of reading a few tutorials about multiplayer scripting - so far it looks like it will be a matter of going through each functions and make sure they're sync to all clients when necessary.

That and some subtilities about AI and spawning stuff. ^^

@Richie : Persistence seems to be far more complex though, but I'll study the subject. ;)

Kind of...You have to decide what can stay local (player or server), what needs to be sync and when. It's just a matter of organization.

Feel free to PM me if you need it.

Sorry rawner, but this is wrong.

_myvar will be local to the script or function

myvar will be local to the machine

Publicvariable "myvar" will be public and sync to all machines

Ahhh, right my bad. :p (that post was made during my bedtime)

Again, good luck on the project. ;)

Thanks guys!

Small update about the supported mods : I've added some of the weapons from the WarfareThaï mod to the gear list used by Ravage; for now it's only a few weapons wich aren't covered already by RHS or Massi's pack.

But I will eventually add full support for WarfareThaï weapons for people who don't play with RHS or Massi's (if there's any!).

Other than that, I'm quite satisfied with the latest test runs I had, the current build seems stable enough and runs pretty smoothly - just needed to make some minor balancing here and there.

There's still a couple of things to iron out, but I'd say it's very close to being "ready for release" - quite happy (and anxious) to make it happen after two years of development. :)

A few more screenies as promised!

aa12cd8d-8080-4763-8e32-ba1a1c258201.jpg

dbf15346-a9cf-4f12-bf38-aa5be8c5d34a.jpg

c09d1d2d-c043-4534-acd8-5b9b3134f5c5.jpg

45dabfeb-ee6c-4e24-afac-d7fdc85eeb2f.jpg

06ba8ef9-83ad-42f5-a915-1a68f07eda40.jpg

e86e7784-7da5-44d3-b5aa-c4fbd93bb940.jpg

The color correction used on these screenshots is totally optional.

• Like 7