Hi All,

Just wondering is a there pinned list of missions so we can sort the type of experience in RAVAGE? I'm looking for more SP/COOP escape than survival for as long as possible type missions. 

Also there are few if any RAVAGE servers other than adding zombie elements to Exile for example. Not really what I'm looking for as I prefer objective based games but look forward to anyone's suggestion.

Would be fantastic to Ravage-fy the ESCAPE mission series by NeoArmmageddon on Eseeker, Namalks or Chernarus Redux type maps!

Edit - I did/am looking on STEAM WORKSHOP and its brutal to sort through it... I wish there was a curator function for each game's workshop, like how steam allows curators to sort games such as horror - my favorite game type.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Valken said:

Hi All,

Just wondering is a there pinned list of missions so we can sort the type of experience in RAVAGE? I'm looking for more SP/COOP escape than survival for as long as possible type missions. 

Also there are few if any RAVAGE servers other than adding zombie elements to Exile for example. Not really what I'm looking for as I prefer objective based games but look forward to anyone's suggestion.

Would be fantastic to Ravage-fy the ESCAPE mission series by NeoArmmageddon on Eseeker, Namalks or Chernarus Redux type maps!

Edit - I did/am looking on STEAM WORKSHOP and its brutal to sort through it... I wish there was a curator function for each game's workshop, like how steam allows curators to sort games such as horror - my favorite game type.

Here is a link to my workshop page a couple of the scenarios are about escaping and or doing tasks for NATO Forces in order to be rescued etc. https://steamcommunity.com/id/painkiller9010/myworkshopfiles/

• Like 3

@Valken Might I suggest taking a look into @Gunter Severloh's List of Ravage Single player/Multiplayer Scenarios?

Here is the link for Singleplayer scenarios: 

And here's for Multiplayer Scenarios:

Enjoy, lots of incredible scenario authors out there! :)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Hello Haleks + Ravagers !

I had proposed in the past , maybe a year before ,

that it would be very good to have also here a Ravage Club, in order to settle everything to be more organized .

There is as well ravage wikia and steam's group but i think that it would be very good to create this.

+ it would help very much !

So we could add seperate all the topics.

Scripting , mission collection , editing and so on !

Thanks !

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

Hello Haleks + Ravagers !

I had proposed in the past , maybe a year before ,

that it would be very good to have also here a Ravage Club, in order to settle everything to be more organized .

There is as well ravage wikia and steam's group but i think that it would be very good to create this.

+ it would help very much !

So we could add seperate all the topics.

Scripting , mission collection , editing and so on !

Thanks !

I would agree to this. As someone who really wants to get in on the ravage scene. Is it possible to run this on a different computer as somewhat of a persisten mission style?

• Like 2

@GEORGE FLOROS GR gg: +1/:thumbsup: to the idea of a more structured way to collect info about RAVAGE missions, mission editing and servers.  Both the steam group and tbe WIKI do a good job already, but the steam group lacks a search function and in the WIKI the comment/posting GUI isIMHO not as suitable for discussing code or complex editing subjects with others.

My big role model for presenting info is Gunther Severloh - we should strive for a Thread like the ones he created for e.g. AI subjects or addons available.

@CrazyCorky

• Like 2

@CrazyCorky

If you use either ALIVE or GRAD persistence, you can make persistent RAVAGE missions that you can run on dedicated servers; the server can be an external rented server or another thread on your PC.  I made a few RAVAGE missions which use ALIVE for persistence within the limits of using a system originally intended for different mission types than RAVAGE Sandboxes. Long story short, my missions save player's position, inventory, health, all vehicles and boxes and the task state of my "Story" tasks. Currently, it's not possible to save the AI groups spawned by RAVAGE modules without errors. But once the next iteration of @Vandeanson

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, CrazyCorky said:

a persisten mission style?

Creating a persistent save system is the whole point and i don't know how the default ravage save system works on dedicated but there are also other methods,

like :

but i haven't tried myself !

• Like 1

Does anyone know how I can add my custom array weapons to the trader list? Also some other stuff like more chemlights and headlamps? I found some trader list, and there's a description of how and what to add, but that's about items (food, tents, water, Geiger counter etc), as for weapons I couldn't find any. 

Any help?

2 hours ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

Creating a persistent save system is the whole point and i don't know how the default ravage save system works on dedicated but there are also other methods,

like :

but i haven't tried myself !

I think ravage persistence player work with saveProfileNamespace. I wiil look into this oo pdw

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tourist said:

@CrazyCorky

If you use either ALIVE or GRAD persistence, you can make persistent RAVAGE missions that you can run on dedicated servers; the server can be an external rented server or another thread on your PC.  I made a few RAVAGE missions which use ALIVE for persistence within the limits of using a system originally intended for different mission types than RAVAGE Sandboxes. Long story short, my missions save player's position, inventory, health, all vehicles and boxes and the task state of my "Story" tasks. Currently, it's not possible to save the AI groups spawned by RAVAGE modules without errors. But once the next iteration of @Vandeanson

I have trying to set up a ravage mission with Alive for the persistence a long time ago, but got issue with storage crate, not everything is saved (weapon or ammo missing), and also issue with player persistence, gear, position is saved but hunger and thirst are reseted to 100, so i give up.

If your interested i have made a survivor faction pack for Alive scenario, so if you use Alive to spawn profiled survivor group the persistence for the AI should work with Alive.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1588591884

• Like 1

23 hours ago, wasbob45 said:

Gill93 Is there an easier way to do this as there are many Millitary buildings on this map? I dont really want to go an place military crates but I will if I have to?

As far as I know, there's no workaround about this problem. I was playing Chernarus and I had the problem when I loot one type of the building, all buildings of the same type on the map are looted. No fix on that. Had to wait 24h for loot to reset 

I did changed some buildings to military type and just to have some more military loot and increased the spawn of the general loot and that's about it. 

I am a little bit confused, I found in a loot_scan.sqf list where items are considered loot. Some stuff has extension .p3d but, I also found a "Sack_F" to be without extension and I know what type of object is. So, the bottom line is, I added more stuff right below the "Sack_F" line

don't want to make it long so it's hidden, but at some point, the loot option simply stops, not a single object is lootable, even those that have been lootable arent anymore. 

Spoiler

"Land_CratesPlastic_F",
"Land_PaperBox_open_empty_F",
"Land_Pallets_stack_F",
"Land_CratesShabby_F",
"Land_MetalBarrel_F",
"Land_PortableGenerator_01_F",
"Land_Cargo10_yellow_F",
"Land_PaperBox_open_full_F",
"Land_PlasticBucket_01_open_F",
"Land_EmergencyBlanket_01_stack_F",
"Land_PlasticCase_01_small_F",
"Land_FoodContainer_01_F",
"Land_FoodSacks_01_small_brown_F",
"Land_FoodContainer_01_White_F",
"Land_PlasticCase_01_small_idap_F",
"Land_Ammobox_rounds_F",
"Land_FoodSack_01_full_brown_F",
"Land_PlasticCase_01_large_gray_F",
"Land_FoodSacks_01_large_brown_F,
"Land_FoodSacks_01_small_white_idap_F",
"Land_Pallet_MilBoxes_F",
"Land_Printer_01_F",
"Land_PaperBox_01_open_boxes_F",
"Land_EmergencyBlanket_02_stack_F",
"Land_EmergencyBlanket_02_F",
"Land_PlasticCase_01_medium_F",
"Land_PaperBox_01_small_destroyed_brown_F",
"Land_BarrelWater_grey_F",
"Land_TinContainer_F",
"Land_Basket_F",
"Land_CinderBlocks_F",
"Land_WheelCart_F",
"Land_Cages_F",
"Land_WoodPile_F",
"Land_Sack_EP1",
"Land_stand_small_EP1",
"Land_CrabCages_F",
"Land_FishingGear_01_F",
"Land_Boat_03_abandoned_F",
"Land_Boat_05_wreck_F",
"Land_Excavator_01_wreck_F",
"Land_Excavator_01_abandoned_F",
"Land_Boat_01_abandoned_red_F",
"Land_Boat_02_abandoned_F",
"Land_Boat_01_abandoned_blue_F",
"Land_CombineHarvester_01_wreck_F",
"Land_Bulldozer_01_wreck_F",
"Land_Bulldozer_01_abandoned_F",
"Land_Wreck_T72_hull_F",
"Land_Wreck_BRDM2_F",
"Land_Wreck_BMP2_F",
"Land_Wreck_Slammer_F",
"Land_Tyres_F",
"Land_Wreck_Slammer_hull_F",
"Land_ToiletBox_F",
"Land_PlasticBucket_01_closed_F",

It's like some of the stuff in the list breaks the entire loot_scan script, I managed to add some IDAP cardboard boxes as lootable objects, it worked fine but after some point it just stops.

Any thoughts?

17 hours ago, RZNUNKWN said:

I am a little bit confused, I found in a loot_scan.sqf list where items are considered loot. Some stuff has extension .p3d but, I also found a "Sack_F" to be without extension and I know what type of object is. So, the bottom line is, I added more stuff right below the "Sack_F" line

don't want to make it long so it's hidden, but at some point, the loot option simply stops, not a single object is lootable, even those that have been lootable arent anymore. 

Reveal hidden contents

"Land_CratesPlastic_F",
"Land_PaperBox_open_empty_F",
"Land_Pallets_stack_F",
"Land_CratesShabby_F",
"Land_MetalBarrel_F",
"Land_PortableGenerator_01_F",
"Land_Cargo10_yellow_F",
"Land_PaperBox_open_full_F",
"Land_PlasticBucket_01_open_F",
"Land_PlasticCase_01_small_F",
"Land_FoodContainer_01_F",
"Land_FoodSacks_01_small_brown_F",
"Land_FoodContainer_01_White_F",
"Land_PlasticCase_01_small_idap_F",
"Land_Ammobox_rounds_F",
"Land_FoodSack_01_full_brown_F",
"Land_PlasticCase_01_large_gray_F",
"Land_FoodSacks_01_large_brown_F,
"Land_FoodSacks_01_small_white_idap_F",
"Land_Pallet_MilBoxes_F",
"Land_Printer_01_F",
"Land_PaperBox_01_open_boxes_F",
"Land_EmergencyBlanket_02_stack_F",
"Land_EmergencyBlanket_02_F",
"Land_PlasticCase_01_medium_F",
"Land_PaperBox_01_small_destroyed_brown_F",
"Land_BarrelWater_grey_F",
"Land_TinContainer_F",
"Land_Basket_F",
"Land_CinderBlocks_F",
"Land_WheelCart_F",
"Land_Cages_F",
"Land_WoodPile_F",
"Land_Sack_EP1",
"Land_stand_small_EP1",
"Land_CrabCages_F",
"Land_FishingGear_01_F",
"Land_Boat_03_abandoned_F",
"Land_Boat_05_wreck_F",
"Land_Excavator_01_wreck_F",
"Land_Excavator_01_abandoned_F",
"Land_Boat_01_abandoned_red_F",
"Land_Boat_02_abandoned_F",
"Land_Boat_01_abandoned_blue_F",
"Land_CombineHarvester_01_wreck_F",
"Land_Bulldozer_01_wreck_F",
"Land_Bulldozer_01_abandoned_F",
"Land_Wreck_T72_hull_F",
"Land_Wreck_BRDM2_F",
"Land_Wreck_BMP2_F",
"Land_Wreck_Slammer_F",
"Land_Tyres_F",
"Land_Wreck_Slammer_hull_F",
"Land_ToiletBox_F",
"Land_PlasticBucket_01_closed_F",

It's like some of the stuff in the list breaks the entire loot_scan script, I managed to add some IDAP cardboard boxes as lootable objects, it worked fine but after some point it just stops.

Any thoughts?

@RZNUNKWN Have you looked into Bangabob's loot script? Or even @GEORGE FLOROS GR's loot script? Both scripts spawn loot on the ground and it makes that "DayZ" type loot where you see it on the ground among houses you choose, you can even exclude houses or building you don't want to be loot-able. You also can easily add whatever loot you want to be able to find in the list... And it has a nice little probability feature as well so you can choose the percentage chances of loot spawning as well. Hope this helps in some way! :) 

• Like 2

@MuRaZorWitchKING, yeah, I tried once @GEORGE FLOROS GR's loot script. It clogged my game pretty good, hahaha. Good script though, GF! If I find the patience to add all the stuff from weapons, magazines, items etc., etc., it will be a real DayZ experience. I'm just having a little 'burn out' moment due to constant tweaking and restarting scenarios, so I'm playing it the way it is now.  ^^

edit: I wish there's an easy and fast way to extract the classnames of everything and just add them to the custom loot list in the GF script.

• Like 2

@MuRaZorWitchKING I know for the vanilla assets lists. I'm just too lazy at the moment to pick stuff out of the other mods :smileee: 

Maybe not for the weapons as I already have the custom array list in the Ravage equipment module. But as for the ammo, since one rifle uses at least two or three types for ammo (and yes I want them all included hahaha) and I got like ....10 rifles at least I think so. Lots of copy/paste stuff :D

• Like 1

hello I'm having some issues with the modules for this.

I'm trying to add an eventHandler for the killed function and I notice in Editor the Module has the "Killed EH" section I'm just not sure what I need to put in there to make this work correctly.

Basically I'm trying to have it call a separate SQF file that will add Score/Money to a player that killed a zombie. I have the below EventHandler which should work normally if I were to put it in the correct location within the PBO unfortunately I don't know which file exactly in the Ravage mod that would need this added or where in that file to drop it. At first I though fn_Zed_spawn but then looks like it actually would go in the init for the rvg_zed pbo .. any rate I gave up trying to figure out which file and where to put it and am trying to do it via the Killed EH in the editor. What would actually need to go into that Killed EH box in the Edit: Ambient Zombies Module to make it call a file upon the zombie being killed?

Something similar to this I would think.

_zombie addEventHandler ["Killed",{ [(_this select 0), (_this select 1)] execVM "zombie\ZKilled.sqf";}];

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RZNUNKWN said:

edit: I wish there's an easy and fast way to extract the classnames of everything and just add them to the custom loot list in the GF script.

If you want to get all the classnames at once , by certain category or addon , there is everything already in that script , even the copyToClipboard option to copy the classnames.

So else if you want to play with certain addon loot , it will run everything automatically.

You don't need to edit anything , just select :

1 = Load every Mod + Bohemia Items , 2 = Load every Mod - No Bohemia Items , 3 = Load Bohemia Items Only , 4 = Custom items only

What exacly you want to do ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@DanteMccloud if you are looking to add banknotes to the player after a zombie is killed, take a look here:

http://ravage.wikia.com/wiki/Tools_for_Mission_Makers

Under “How to earn banknotes for killing Zombies” you will find the Event handler you’re looking for. :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

add banknotes to the player after a zombie is killed

3 hours ago, DanteMccloud said:

Something similar

There is also this :

• Like 1

@DanteMccloud if you are looking to add banknotes to the player after a zombie is killed, take a look here:

Under “How to earn banknotes for killing Zombies” you will find the Event handler you’re looking for. :) 

This is abit iffy though, as the script in the wiki for this goal gives the player 1 banknote no matter who kills the zombie, also not really very co-op friendly :P

• Like 1

I'm adding Respect and Poptabs. I've managed to get Exile+Ravage+ACE3 (and a few other neat mods) to work very fluidly together except for 2 major issues that is all that is left. Which is Increasing Zombie and AI HP a bit as 1 bullet to the torso kills them thanks to ACE3 which is an easy fix. The other being adding in Respect/Poptabs for kills. I have it working on the Ai just not on the Zombies. yet. I'll look at this and see if it will do what I need as it's not a co-op mission so I wanna make sure only the killer gets the reward not everyone that is online. thank you for pointing me in the right direction. 

40 minutes ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

There is also this :

I'll take a look at this and see if it will work thank you :) 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DanteMccloud said:

I've managed to get Exile+Ravage+ACE3 (and a few other neat mods) to work very fluidly together

This sounds very nice !

Have you published these mission files or are you about to ?

Thanks !

• Like 1