Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone!

 

I pushed a tiny update with a possible fix for the zed LoS problem. If that doesn't do it, I might revert the LoS function to a previous state in a future update until I find a better solution.

 

Enjoy!

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, haleks said:

Hi everyone!

 

I pushed a tiny update with a possible fix for the zed LoS problem. If that doesn't do it, I might revert the LoS function to a previous state in a future update until I find a better solution.

 

Enjoy!

 

Thanks for your hard work as always :rthumb:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, damsous said:

Melee weapon are working with that mod ?

I think no.... melee is part of Breaking Point (it has over 12GB), this mod is only extracted weapons from BP (and it has about 1,5GB). I think in weapon mod there is some melee but you can't use it due to lack of code from original BP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi ! First of all, thanks a lot for this great mod. Very efficient and simple to create survival missions !

I don't know if others have experienced this problem too but when testing my editor mission in SP, the first loot search actions that I do seem to go fine but after a few minutes the search action takes longer to execute (be it vehicles, furniture or any junk loot container), end eventually starts to fail and return loot code errors (small black box with code on screen). Same problem with Hunger and thirst indicators that takes longer and longer to get displayed.

Any idea what could cause this issue ?

 

Here are the mods I'm using:

 

CBA_A3

ace

Enhanced Movement

task_force_radio

Sharks - Apex Species

Advanced Urban Rappelling

ACEX

Zombies and Demons

Ravage 1.5.2

Incon Effects Mod

Ares Mod - Achilles Expansion

Arma 3 Flashlight Mod (Exile Fix)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, haleks said:

Hi everyone!

 

I pushed a tiny update with a possible fix for the zed LoS problem. If that doesn't do it, I might revert the LoS function to a previous state in a future update until I find a better solution.

 

Enjoy!

Thanks, your mod is very good.

Sadly, this didn't work for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, TK-7919 Aster said:

Hi ! First of all, thanks a lot for this great mod. Very efficient and simple to create survival missions !

I don't know if others have experienced this problem too but when testing my editor mission in SP, the first loot search actions that I do seem to go fine but after a few minutes the search action takes longer to execute (be it vehicles, furniture or any junk loot container), end eventually starts to fail and return loot code errors (small black box with code on screen). Same problem with Hunger and thirst indicators that takes longer and longer to get displayed.

Any idea what could cause this issue ?

 

Here are the mods I'm using:

 

CBA_A3

ace

Enhanced Movement

task_force_radio

Sharks - Apex Species

Advanced Urban Rappelling

ACEX

Zombies and Demons

Ravage 1.5.2

Incon Effects Mod

Ares Mod - Achilles Expansion

Arma 3 Flashlight Mod (Exile Fix)

 

Hi welcom to the forum

 

I will recommand you to play without mods and then see. I can tell you that ACE (ACEX?) is not 100% compatible with Ravage (info can be found in this forum). Try playing whitout it.

Also why do you use Zombies and Demons ? You have zombies already in Ravage. The two mods zombies attack each other I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MisterOth said:

Hi welcom to the forum

 

I will recommand you to play without mods and then see. I can tell you that ACE (ACEX?) is not 100% compatible with Ravage (info can be found in this forum). Try playing whitout it.

Also why do you use Zombies and Demons ? You have zombies already in Ravage. The two mods zombies attack each other I think.

Actually,although not 100%,ACE will work w/o problems(has for me) as long as Medical module is disabled.You should try & use a "modded" version like ACE 3 balance or cpl others I found on Workshop.Just my 2 cents.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow incredible mod, I think you got the animations of zombies nailed on, I have quick question has anyone got it this working with DB persistent save? can any one point me to where I could get such set up or best way to approach it ? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, AggrOnline said:

quick question has anyone got it this working with DB persistent save?

Theres a setting in one of the mission modules that enables missions to be saved.

For example when i either host my mission, or put it on my server, then leave the server, then rejoin, i will be back exactly at the same spot, with the gear,

and weapons i had acquired during my play.

 

One of the best features for this type of gameplay, after spending hours scavenging for loot, dodging and killing zombies and bandits, the last thing you want to do is start over,

so Master Haleks implemented that into the mod, all you need to do if your creating a mission is place the Save System module, and make sure the MP Persistancy

on the bottom says yes, the mod will do the rest! ;) Best played when you host through Lan and on a server.

                    Btw Welcome to Bis forums, and Ravage thread!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm quick question brand new to Arma aswell as Ravage. But why do the zombie just come up to me and sway never Land a hot and then just stand there dumb founded? It's the mood not downloaded properly. This is a legit Arma copy got it through steam so no worries there only miss I have are CBA CUP Terrains Cheranus and DS Houses and of course Ravage. Now the Cheranus mod doesn't pop up in my game menu screen at the bottom left like Ravage and the other 3 if that means anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did a little testing and the zombies hurt me in Chernarus MP aswell as the Altis MP but I'm kinda just wanting to play the single player mode but they don't hurt me there just swat and then nothing. Just stand there don't even follow me. They also don't make noises in the single player one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Major Valentine said:

Did a little testing and the zombies hurt me in Chernarus MP aswell as the Altis MP but I'm kinda just wanting to play the single player mode but they don't hurt me there just swat and then nothing. Just stand there don't even follow me. They also don't make noises in the single player one

 

I am also having this issue. A zed will run up, swat once, and then just kinda sit there. An odd thing occurs with the runner zed animation. It sort of immediately transitions to an idle animation after swinging, if that helps at all. The walkers do a similar swing and a miss. Then they return to flailing about madly (love that) without doing any damage. Zeds are zero threat at this point, which makes me a tad depressed. I have not tried Ravage in MP, only SP as the above has done. I am also experiencing the issue of no sound. None of this was true yesterday when I first used the mod (March 14, 2018), but is true today. Was there an unpublished incremental update I'm unaware of? Yesterday zeds beat the snot out of me with embarrassing regularity.


Additionally, I have experienced the following with and without lots of different mods (CUP, RHS, Enhanced Movement, et al) and scenarios (many of which are made by fine folks whose names have popped up here, thank you all):

 

In every instance, loot seems exceedingly scarce for me. I do not know if this is intentional (given the default values in the module) or not, but even when I made my OWN Ravage scenario and bumped the numbers in the loot module, only 1 in every 15-20 "Press Space" objects actually produced loot for me. That being said, I am by no means a proficient modder (in fact, today was my first attempt and I did so after watching a couple of tutorials).

Any and all feedback is much appreciated. Finally, THANK YOU SO MUCH, Haleks, for giving me that "feeling" again. It's been a long time and is inimitable. I don't know what magic it is, but you've found it.

EDIT: Edited for clarity and minor grammatical issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, miasdad said:

Actually,although not 100%,ACE will work w/o problems(has for me) as long as Medical module is disabled.You should try & use a "modded" version like ACE 3 balance or cpl others I found on Workshop.Just my 2 cents.

This is the version of ace that i use for ravage missions. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1220544202

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Major Valentine said:

Did a little testing and the zombies hurt me in Chernarus MP as well as the Altis MP but I'm kinda just wanting to play the single player mode. Also the only DLC I have is Apex and I'm also subscribed to both the Day Z things by Donnie in the Steam workshop


Every single one of my missions have a rule in the description. You have to host the game through either LAN or Internet for all mission elements to work properly. If you try to play as a "Scenario" in SP... things will not work properly. If I could just get people to understand this... I think I could cut back on probably 75-80% of questions and troubleshooting. I offer linked tutorials in the description of every mission that takes you step by step through the process of how to host a game. You can still play singleplayer by yourself as a hosted game. My missions are marked "SP" as an option because of this.

Having said that... you can imagine my frustration when a semi big YouTuber from Germany does a series with my Rambo missions, and he's not following basic instructions and playing the missions as a SP Scenario.

I do know something is going on with the zombies but it seems to be minor for me when I test. They seem to be just fine most of the time but occasionally just do not attack. Most of my missions have 90% walker zombies with the occasional runner to keep you on your toes. I'm waiting to update the missions to a new version of Ravage when it is confirmed the zeds are back in full swing and working.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 22/07/2015 at 5:22 PM, haleks said:

-snip-

Sorry for bugging you or asking a question thats been previously asked before but I encounter a problem... In ravage as im playing (SP) i get loot for the first couple of minutes then after a certain point it seems as if loot just completely stops spawning... I played for a good 30 minutes and wasn't able to find anyting... I even raised the percentages (chances) of finding items... So im not quite sure if this is intentional or if its a bug... Thanks for any and all help in advanced and sorry to resurrect a relatively older topic... 

Edited by R0adki11
removed unnecessary quote

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry I'm just big on SP gameplay and wanted to try it rather than having to constantly host a LAN or Internet connection. Figured this far into the mod any SP issue would have been resolved but oh well I'll play with LAN. But is there any possibility of SP ever being fixed to where it's experience is just as good as the MP experience?

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, AggrOnline said:

Wow incredible mod, I think you got the animations of zombies nailed on, I have quick question has anyone got it this working with DB persistent save? can any one point me to where I could get such set up or best way to approach it ? 

 

Ravage does have a module that will allow persistent saving of the player itself.  Are you asking about saving vehicles and crates when restarting a server?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Donnie_Plays said:


Every single one of my missions have a rule in the description. You have to host the game through either LAN or Internet for all mission elements to work properly. If you try to play as a "Scenario" in SP... things will not work properly. If I could just get people to understand this... I think I could cut back on probably 75-80% of questions and troubleshooting. I offer linked tutorials in the description of every mission that takes you step by step through the process of how to host a game. You can still play singleplayer by yourself as a hosted game. My missions are marked "SP" as an option because of this.

Having said that... you can imagine my frustration when a semi big YouTuber from Germany does a series with my Rambo missions, and he's not following basic instructions and playing the missions as a SP Scenario.

I do know something is going on with the zombies but it seems to be minor for me when I test. They seem to be just fine most of the time but occasionally just do not attack. Most of my missions have 90% walker zombies with the occasional runner to keep you on your toes. I'm waiting to update the missions to a new version of Ravage when it is confirmed the zeds are back in full swing and working.

 

 

Thank you for your feedback! I will give this a shot and report back! I certainly don't mind hosting at all, but I was definitely ignorant of this fact. Thank you for the clarification! Will report back with my findings!

EDIT: I only had a little while to test, but I found that the zeds are still behaving as indicated in my post above, and loot is still abnormally scarce. I tested on Ravage Altis and Tanoa (didn't have time for any of the big scenarios). Also, if you have, say, Esseker Ravage scenario, how do you pull that up in LAN? Thank you!

Edited by glo0mshroud
Further info
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, glo0mshroud said:

Also, if you have, say, Esseker Ravage scenario, how do you pull that up in LAN? Thank you!

You need to start the game up with the Esseker map loaded, and make sure that the mission for that

map is available either through the editor (MP) ----> C:\Users\username\Documents\Arma 3\MPMissions

or in pbo format in your mpmissions folder ----> C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\MPMissions

 

Did anyone welcome you to Bis forums and Ravage thread? If not welcome :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Major Valentine said:

Sorry I'm just big on SP gameplay and wanted to try it rather than having to constantly host a LAN or Internet connection. Figured this far into the mod any SP issue would have been resolved but oh well I'll play with LAN. But is there any possibility of SP ever being fixed to where it's experience is just as good as the MP experience?


Locally hosted games do not require the internet. You can play in offline mode by yourself if you want. You only need the internet to download the required mods.

How to host a game...
http://ravage.wikia.com/wiki/Multiplayer_setup_guide

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Donnie_Plays said:


Locally hosted games do not require the internet. You can play in offline mode by yourself if you want. You only need the internet to download the required mods.

How to host a game...
http://ravage.wikia.com/wiki/Multiplayer_setup_guide

 

Thank you so much for the link. I love wikis!

 

5 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

You need to start the game up with the Esseker map loaded, and make sure that the mission for that

map is available either through the editor (MP) ----> C:\Users\username\Documents\Arma 3\MPMissions

or in pbo format in your mpmissions folder ----> C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\MPMissions

 

Did anyone welcome you to Bis forums and Ravage thread? If not welcome :)

 

Thank you for the kind welcome and helpful tips! I will give them a shot now!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@haleks Safe zone module does still not seem to work on lan hosted or dedicated servers.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone,

 

I updated The Caribou Incident and his clone, The Malden Incident, to final 1.0.

 

03/17/2017

Both missions updated to final 1.0 :

- Effective use of presence randomness for most of CSAT soldiers. Better replayability.

- Corrected a missing crate in US ARMY OLD STORAGE.

- Corrected a misplaced HMMW.

- Added a loading picture.

 

Links :

 

The Caribou Incident 1.0 : https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1L_8LGbjBJ4QBUX-6FFY4wrtCoYdi9yjV

The Malden Incident 1.0 : https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1zr-5ArkESMz1cTKrMDuR137N_2GqEBUx

 

Mission topic : https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/197324-coop1-4-ravage-the-caribou-incident/

 

Enjoy ;)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×