13 minutes ago, haleks said:

Okay, I'll have to take a deeper look - if your mission is more or less vanilla, feel free to PM me a copy.

Its not vanilla @A3Ravage_Z_Client_1_46.zip is 850MB.

Just now, .Frankie. said:

Its not vanilla @A3Ravage_Z_Client_1_46.zip is 850MB.

Just send me the mission file alone, I'll see what I can do.

I set the Amb Z spawn distance 175 - 200 and population 50 by player 150 max that work fine.

I got an other question with the trader, if its possible to choose the item they will sell cause i make a friendly zone with few trader stand and i would like to choose the item they can sell with the price, for exemple an expensive M134 Minigun for the wapon trader.

And add the item they can buy cause i use weapon mod and they don't want to buy it(weapon or ammo), they accept only vanilla item.

7 hours ago, damsous said:

I set the Amb Z spawn distance 175 - 200 and population 50 by player 150 max that work fine.

I got an other question with the trader, if its possible to choose the item they will sell cause i make a friendly zone with few trader stand and i would like to choose the item they can sell with the price, for exemple an expensive M134 Minigun for the wapon trader.

And add the item they can buy cause i use weapon mod and they don't want to buy it(weapon or ammo), they accept only vanilla item.

I'll look into customization options for traders; traders refusing to buy mod items sounds like an issue I'll have to fix though.

OT :

Some quick news about dynamic furnitures and the new loot systems : I'm almost finished re-writting the loot system, wich will, along with the furnitures system, soon be ready for a first session of MP tests.

The new module will offer pretty much the same options, although some of them have been extended : it will be possible to define spawn chances for each loot category separately (civilian, militay, industrial). In other words, mission makers can decide that weapons and mags can only be found in military buildings for instance.

As usual, the loot module is designed to work in all kinds of environments (locally hosted, dedicated or SP), with a slightly different and, hopefully, a more solid approach regarding performances. Previously the loot system would spawn loot containers globally on all clients, leading to performance drops and sync issues in scenarios involving a lot of players : the more players, the more objects to deal with on each machine. The way loot-related data was handled and synchronised across the network was also inefficient and potentially problematic on long sessions.

The new system will create furnitures, wich will act as the new "lootholders", locally : since furniture/props spawns and positioning are not random anymore, the mod can handle all simulations/clients separately. Everyone will see the same compositions, and there's no need to synchronize any of it; basically, wether they're 10 or 100 players on a server, the number of furniture models to process on each client will remain the same (if player X triggers furniture spawns in Pyrgos, there's no need spawn them in the simulation of player Y, who is in Kavala). All the data management aspect will be exclusively handled by the server (what object has been looted already, time before said object can spawn loot again etc...), data is not linked to the objects themselves, and the management routines are quite simple, so performances should be optimal in both locally hosted and dedicated environments.

If all goes well with the MP testing, the biggest work left will be to create compositions for all buildings (including Apex & Malden), I'll post more infos on that soon, if anyone is willing to give a hand.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Nice i give just an idea i have no skill on scripting so i don't know if its possible but maybe do a secondary loot module, for modded map.

I will try to do my best my english is not really good,

Do something like 3 loot module (civilian, military and industrial), all this module detect avaible position on building (for custom map) no need to configure each building.

In the module we can assign loot area with a marker name.

for exemple in kavala there is civilian, military and industrial area, like this we can cover the area with marker and give a variable name (lootmil1,lootind1) and we can copy the variable name of the marker in the module (like the Alive mod).

something like this

In the military loot module there a case for write all the marker variable name (lootmil1,lootmil2,lootmil3,lootmil4,.....)

In the industrial loot module there a case for write all the marker variable name (lootind1,lootind2,lootind3,lootind4,.....)

The military gear will only spawn in the area defined by the mission maker, same for industrial area (more toolbox, radiation protection)

The civilian module will cover all the map (food, smallweapon, empty can...)

• Like 1

What is everyone's experience with MP Persistent save? 

Tried it for the first time while testing the Ravage Shop Addon - it caused huge server lag and desync issues which rendered it unplayable. Remove persistence Mp saves and it worked without issues.

I was playing this last night on ChernarusRedux and a storm came ingame. It was insanely atmospheric looting a abandoned highway full of wrecked cars and a barren town with a few dead wandering around... 

Whilst playing I thought of a few new questions:

1. How does sneaking around zombies work? To me it seems it is just a proximity alert even if I'm laying completely still.

2. Are you planning on adding some sort of basic base building as in placing cargo crates down and possibly placing basic objects that could allow for boarding up a house

3. Could you add the zombie hoard spawner as a module usable in Zeus?

4. How have you set up the spawn system in the default mission that comes with the mod?

• Like 1

Hello, sorry for doubleposting, I want to play Ravage mission on ChernarusRedux, but there some problems with loot spawn, ChernarusRedux have own open buildings (what replace original closed), any way to fix?
Thanks.

33 minutes ago, Spirit_Ural said:

Hello, sorry for doubleposting, I want to play Ravage mission on ChernarusRedux, but there some problems with loot spawn, ChernarusRedux have own open buildings (what replace original closed), any way to fix?
Thanks.

Those houses are DS houses,they have positions inside.

I didnt yet test with ravage loot spawn but other loot spawns scripts work fine here,i think Ravage should be working ok too

11 hours ago, nelo_riot said:

What is everyone's experience with MP Persistent save? 

Tried it for the first time while testing the Ravage Shop Addon - it caused huge server lag and desync issues which rendered it unplayable. Remove persistence Mp saves and it worked without issues.

What Ravage Shop Addon? You mean the Traders?

Regarding MP persistence : it all happens locally, so it shouldn't generate any additional trafic on the network. If anyone else observes performance issues, please report them.

11 hours ago, HabitableMango2 said:

I was playing this last night on ChernarusRedux and a storm came ingame. It was insanely atmospheric looting a abandoned highway full of wrecked cars and a barren town with a few dead wandering around... 

Whilst playing I thought of a few new questions:

1. How does sneaking around zombies work? To me it seems it is just a proximity alert even if I'm laying completely still.

2. Are you planning on adding some sort of basic base building as in placing cargo crates down and possibly placing basic objects that could allow for boarding up a house

3. Could you add the zombie hoard spawner as a module usable in Zeus?

4. How have you set up the spawn system in the default mission that comes with the mod?

1. There're 4 factors : proximity, speed of the target, stance and sun angle (it's all visual basically). And of course direct LoS; were you hidden in grass or something?

2. Maybe. ^^

3. Zeus was not easy to work with last time I fiddled with it, but I'll have a look.

4. Wich one, NPCs or Zombies? If I recall correctly settings are pretty close to default values. I'll release unpacked versions of the demo missions anyway, if anyone wants to use them as templates.

That will have to wait for the next release and the overhauled loot module though.

Ok Haleks, I will test it again later on and feedback the results.

The Shop Addon being the one I have been working on for about 2 months now that I asked you about :P.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, cosmic10r said:

Hello there :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I'm doing a full re install. I haven't even tried the 64 bit executable :( lol

• Like 3

Long time no see! Where were you hiding? ^^

14 minutes ago, cosmic10r said:

I'm doing a full re install. I haven't even tried the 64 bit executable :( lol

Welcome back man

3 minutes ago, redarmy said:

Welcome back man

Thanks buddy... good to feel the itch again :)

6 minutes ago, haleks said:

Long time no see! Where were you hiding? ^^

Hiding playing bf1 on xbox1 lol.... having a 3.5 yr old isn't helping lol...

Good to see everyone is still at it!!

• Like 2

On 19/10/2017 at 3:49 PM, haleks said:

Anyway, if I go through with the Dynamic Furnitures both loot boxes and props will be scratched : the loot system "2.0" will entirely rely on the "Hold to Loot" action combined to dynamic furnitures (players will be able to search some of them, or sleep in beds etc).

A Viking Survivor Funeral...

Spoiler

lcb5KGz.jpg

:razz:

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

There is a steam group dedicated to ravage mod ? if not it can be nice to create one for share mission, server and bring together the ravage survivor :)

• Like 4

@damsousThat's a good idea! Maybe even Discord group or something as well? Not sure how many people here use Discord though.

• Like 2

ninja.png

Ambient Furnitures system working with any kind of remote camera in both SP & MP.

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

NATO recon drones report that furnitures are definitely back on Altis.

ninja.png

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, haleks said:

Ambient Furnitures system working with any kind of remote camera.

Man, thats awesome !  Didn't really expect that.  Did you get pop-in when you tested that, or is spawning based on the proximity of the camera?