29 minutes ago, FireWalker said:

Its the trash piles, trash cans, dumpsters, random sacks, etc. that lay around outside of buildings that can become searchable.  (also includes desks, dressers, lockers, etc inside buidlings)

I actually prefer them to the boxes spawing inside buildings.

Actually the "props" setting just spawns useless stuff instead of boxes - you're confusing with the Loot Search action. ^^

Anyway, if I go through with the Dynamic Furnitures both loot boxes and props will be scratched : the loot system "2.0" will entirely rely on the "Hold to Loot" action combined to dynamic furnitures (players will be able to search some of them, or sleep in beds etc).

• Like 6

1 hour ago, FireWalker said:

@haleks

Is this part of the "BIG SURPRISE" you've been hinting about?

Yup. ^^

Finally found some time to start working on it for good.

What is the classname of the roadflare? I want to give one to my character at start but I can't find it

"rvg_flare"

It's in the grenades panel in VA.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, haleks said:

"rvg_flare"

It's in the grenades panel in VA.

Thanks.

Yeah I know but somehow it only displays it's normal name for me (and for all the other grenade types)

Hi im working on Taunus with Ravage, and i would like to know if its possible to customize the Z spawn with the Z Ambient module.

I try to use the horde module but its like the Z are not deleted, so on a server with 10 people we all cross few town with a car the performance decrease really fast.

The Ambient module work fine, i set 25 Z by player and 150 the total amount.

But when i enter a big town i got the Z around the town (first house) after that no one spawn, so its an empty town.

My question there is a simple way for force the ambient module to spawn Z in a area (with a area game logic maybe) ?

What spawn distances are you using?

The horde module doesn't work great in MP.  We had the same issues when we tried it. If the module fired, then FPS would suffer immediately.

The work Haleks is doing on the pathing may help the issue, but we just don't use the horde in a MP environment (dedicated).  To offset it, we just bump the zed spawn numbers up a little.

Oh sweet, a Ravage furniture system! It's gonna be awesome! Just out of curiosity, will we be able to blacklist a specific area so that the furniture doesn't spawn things inside buildings that already have stuff in them, for example if I placed some stuff manually and didn't want the furniture system to build over that?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, damsous said:

50 - 150

Try playing with different settings : maybe a high minimal distance (something like 200 - 225), increase or decrease the difference between min and max distances and see what works best.

I'll see if I can add a "delay" setting to the module to determine how frequently zed spawns are called, that should help things.

@FireWalker: indeed. ^^

• Like 1

5 hours ago, haleks said:

Try playing with different settings : maybe a high minimal distance (something like 200 - 225), increase or decrease the difference between min and max distances and see what works best.

I'll see if I can add a "delay" setting to the module to determine how frequently zed spawns are called, that should help things.

@FireWalker

6 hours ago, FireWalker said:

The horde module doesn't work great in MP.  We had the same issues when we tried it. If the module fired, then FPS would suffer immediately.

The work Haleks is doing on the pathing may help the issue, but we just don't use the horde in a MP environment (dedicated).  To offset it, we just bump the zed spawn numbers up a little.

Ok thanks i will try it

First of all, love the mod. I have a couple of questions;

1. Are you planning on adding support for DS Houses buildings

2. Are you planning on uploading the mod to the Steam Workshop?

Is it possible to have two diferent zombies area? I want to make mission where one part of the map is more dangerous than the other (more runners.... crawlers).

On 28.9.2017 at 2:57 PM, Vandeanson said:

I assume this is the function (incl class names:"RyanZombiesAntiVirusTemporary_Item", "RyanZombiesAntiVirusCure_Item" ):

RZ_fnc_inventory_DblClick = 
    {
        // Unscheduled environment, executed by LBDblClick eventhandler

_idc = ctrlIDC (_this select 0);

_selectedIndex = _this select 1;
        _itemName = lbText [_idc, _selectedIndex];

switch (_itemName) do 
        {
            case "Antivirus Injector": 
            {

playsound3d ["ryanzombies\sounds\antivirus_inject.ogg", player]; 
                player spawn 
                {
                    player removeItem "RyanZombiesAntiVirusCure_Item";
                    sleep 0.75; 
                    player setVariable ["ryanzombiesinfected",0,true];
                };
            };    
            case "Antivirus Pills": 
            {
                playsound3d ["ryanzombies\sounds\antivirus_pills.ogg", player];
                player spawn
                {
                    player removeItem "RyanZombiesAntiVirusTemporary_Item";
                    sleep 0.75;
                    waituntil {!(player getvariable ["ryanzombiesimmunity",false])};
                    player setVariable ["ryanzombiesimmunity",true,true];
                    sleep ryanzombiesantivirusduration;
                    player setVariable ["ryanzombiesimmunity",false,true];
                };

};
        };    

false

};    

I hope this is what you asked for;) rgs

hola gents, i understand that there is a lot of (great) development going on with the mod atm, but is anyone able to advise on this issue? i would like to understand what i would need to change in above eventhandler of the Zombies & Demona mod to avoid conflicts with ravage:)

for context: Zombies & Demons mod and ravage both use double left click to consume items and do not work well together. (e.g. double left click does not work everytime to consume an item and u have to spam it) i understood from haleks that the eventhandlers might be the same and could be changed to avoid such conflict. this would allow for me to have an infection system in my mission (Z hurts u, u get infected and need to consume pills to stabilize, and an injection to cure yourself). I would greatly appreciate any help on that topic:) thanks and cheers! PS: the new search function is awesome!

3 hours ago, HabitableMango2 said:

First of all, love the mod. I have a couple of questions;

1. Are you planning on adding support for DS Houses buildings

2. Are you planning on uploading the mod to the Steam Workshop?

i use DS houses and if you allow for static objects to spawn loot (i have it at 90%) then it works as those houses have some furniture in it i believe (or else u can place some). e.g. chernarus redux uses ds houses i beliefe and i get loot there;)

1 hour ago, Vandeanson said:

i use DS houses and if you allow for static objects to spawn loot (i have it at 90%) then it works as those houses have some furniture in it i believe (or else u can place some). e.g. chernarus redux uses ds houses i beliefe and i get loot there;)

Ok, I'll try it out. I'm still just playing around with the modules :)

2 hours ago, Hans(z) said:

Is it possible to have two diferent zombies area? I want to make mission where one part of the map is more dangerous than the other (more runners.... crawlers).

Right now the only proper way would be to write a script to spawn additional zeds outside of the ambient spawner process. I'll see if I can add more options to the Hordes module and make it more pratictal for this kind of thing.

On the next update topic :

The work on dynamic furnitures is going slowly : I've set up the basic functions and the system is working fine at this stage. At the moment it relies on "proceduraly" spawned compositions - sort of...

Each type of building has a composition of simple objects linked to it; each element of the composition may or may not spawn depending on a set of rules I'm still working on. Sometimes the complete composition will appear, or only parts of it : this way we won't see too many identical setups.

Now, I still have to create at least one composition for each suitable vanilla building, and there're a lot - that's gonna take several weeks I reckon.

In other words : I could probably use a bit of help. ^^

I'm going to focus on the Altis/Stratis structures, but if anyone feels like creating stuff for Apex or Malden buildings that would give me more time for the next step.

...The next step being writting a new loot system from scratch, tailored for dynamic furnitures and optimal performance.

I will post a prototype mission once I'm done with the first batch of compositions, it should give you guys a clearer picture of I'm trying to achieve.

• Like 6

@haleks Hello Haleks

How is the "Zombie blacklist module" suppose to work ? I added the module in the area where I don't want zombies to spawn with a radius of 1000m but still have zombies there. Also what is the max range? I would like to cover a 12000 Meter range, left half of Altis. I have a barb wire fence going across the map in the center with Road Blocks. The right side of Altis is the infected one.

Cheers

Frankie

@Haleks, Tpw has a furniture scrip included in his mod, and his daughter and the community did the placing. from my understanding, he covered already most if not all of the vanilla buildings. maybe it's worth checking it out

3 minutes ago, .Frankie. said:

@haleks Hello Haleks

How is the "Zombie blacklist module" suppose to work ? I added the module in the area where I don't want zombies to spawn with a radius of 1000m but still have zombies there. Also what is the max range? I would like to cover a 12000 Meter range, left half of Altis. I have a barb wire fence going across the map in the center with Road Blocks. The right side of Altis is the infected one.

Cheers

Frankie

The spawn process should pause once you're in the blacklisted zone, and zombies that aren't too close to players are deleted right away.

Did you set the Trigger Repetition setting to "true"?

2 minutes ago, haleks said:

The spawn process should pause once you're in the blacklisted zone, and zombies that aren't too close to players are deleted right away.

Did you set the Trigger Repetition setting to "true"?

Yes I did

Okay, I'll have to take a deeper look - if your mission is more or less vanilla, feel free to PM me a copy.

16 minutes ago, Biflioi said:

@Haleks, Tpw has a furniture scrip included in his mod, and his daughter and the community did the placing. from my understanding, he covered already most if not all of the vanilla buildings. maybe it's worth checking it out

Yeah I know, in fact I just took a quick look at his script (wich is quite similar to what I wrote this week), but it's not compatible with what I'm aiming for : tpw checks for nearby buildings and then spawns the whole compos inside them, whereas my current script checks for each pre-defined position in nearby buildings and spawns elements of compos one by one (in order to keep ambient furnitures at a minimum near super large buildings for instance). I also need to change vectors on objects for knocked over furnitures and the data tpw uses doesn't allow that.

So I have no choice but to do it from A to Z, especially if I want to remain consistant with the post-apo theme... :/

• Like 5