Oh my god, that's brilliant! 

@damsous Nice! I had no idea you could script that in. To be honest, I haven't even thought of making my own wandering traders. I usually place them in towns or settlements I make up on the map.

Edited by ContheJon

Phew... It took more work than I thought, but the Ambient Conversation system is pretty much finished. I wasn't sure how it would work in the end, but the final result is worth it.

I set up a configuration of various comments, each one leading to several possible answers - some of the audio samples can be used as initial comments as well as answers. I haven't done the maths, but it should allow for dozens of possible combinations. The delay between conversations depends on the group size : 2 guys together would be more cautious and talk less than a group of 10. Right now, NPCs will only talk when safe, meaning that hunters will always be silent (there're always on alert).

The system doesn't apply to units in vehicles or Farsi speaking factions (ATM).

I'm probably going to work on the dynamic campfires idea next, combined with the ambient chatter, it's going to add a whole new layer of immersion to the next update.

Here's the changelog so far :

Tweaked :
Zed pathfinding updates should execute a bit faster.
Reduced unnecessary zed pathfinding updates.
Minor optimizations to zombie AI.
Tweaked list of lootable props.
Removed Land_Box_Sack_F from loot containers lists (added as lootable prop).
Positioning of spawned vehicles and wrecks.
Wrecks are now spawned as simpleObjects.
Edited gear lists for NPCs.
Added a new default uniform to zombies.

Fixed :
Zombies had trouble updating their pathfinding when in large groups.
Zombies were able to detect deployed mines and explosives.
Vehicles and wrecks spawning on top of each others.
Spawned wrecks sometimes sunk into the ground.

New :
Added an Ambient Conversation setting to the AI module.

8 hours ago, redarmy said:

@haleks you mentioned a few posts back that you will be giving more options to players to set settings for NPCs and other little things.

I was wondering does that include zeds health?

Im usually playing against runners,i used a mosin nagant from RHS, and it took three chest shots to down one zed. Needless to say i had to bolt away lol

Maybe. If possible I'd like to keep zeds working both with or without the modules - and as the number of module options grows, the code gets heavier to maintain...

• Like 8

Wow you already finished the ambient convo's?

Bravo Haleks

I swear Haleks, are you a modding demigod or something? Nice job on adding the ambient conversations, I can't wait to hear how it'll sound in-game!

@haleksHello Haleks,

I been enjoying the Ravage Mod for a while now. I combined A3Wasteland with your mod a while back and it worked great. This past week I got back to it and loaded it onto a Server (Ravage Mod 1.41). I noticed the zombies sounds didn't work on the server anymore. So I downloaded the new 1.46 version and also updated CBA to latest version 3.4.1.170912.  When I run the mod on my local machine everything works great. When I push it to the server the AI spawn works fine but the zombies do not spawn.

I just wanted to let you know, maybe you have any ideas.

Thank you

Best Regards

Jaeger aka Frankie

I tested some more.......I have Ravage 1.46 on server but have the rvg_zed.pbo from 1.41 now zombies spawn but no zombie sounds on server. Again all works fine on a local hosted server Ravage 1.46.

I haven't heard about such problems in a while, a RPT file from those sessions would help.

Also, don't mix files from different versions - as long as everything is up-to-date on your server it should be fine.

EDIT : If anyone else is having trouble with zeds on dedicated servers, make sure to report it ASAP with as much details as you can.

• Like 2

@haleks

The only thing I've noticed about the zeds lately, is:

1) that they don't seem to be knocking your pack off

2) that they must have some random chance of delivering a blow up to the standards of Mike Tyson. I had one kill me the other night with one punch and  I had over 90 health. Bugger took a wind up or something, hit me in my glass jaw...  

on dedicated server..

BTW, The zed damage doesn't really bother me that much. Its made me a little more cautious getting near them. Now I make sure I always have an escape plan when getting near a town.

Edited by FireWalker
  • Like 1

Zeds being able to one-hit you is working as intended. :)

I'll have a look at the backpack thing though.

• Like 3

Also:  Is there a chance that they can knock your weapon out of your hands?  That would be cool to!

• Like 3

Oh, devil you! I'll see what I can do. ;)

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Oh god, they're going to be able to knock your backpack and weapon off your character? Good thing there's that melee script out there!

1 minute ago, ContheJon said:

Oh god, they're going to be able to knock your backpack and weapon off your character? Good thing there's that melee script out there!

Melee script?

Phronk has a script version that I've tried in Ravage, but it was a little clunky. I believe at one time he was going to polish it off, but I don't think he ever got around to it. It did work though. And it was a script -so thats cool.

I might mess with it tonight and see what I can do with it again. I'm pretty sure he would let me tweak it some if I asked him.

--Uses melee weapons

Edited by FireWalker
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ContheJon said:

@HeroesandvillainsOS Yeah, there's a melee script mod on the Armaholic site. http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27262

It's a bit funky since it's outdated, the lowered weapon walking animation defaults to the old version for example, but you can punch and kick the zombies.

Oh wow. Too bad no one adopted this and maintained it (and integrated it officially into Ravage. Heh ;) ). Man. Now I want to get my TWD Rick on. 

I’ve been stalking around the DayZ standalone forums so it’s at least good to see Enfusion handles this nicely. At least in A4 we won’t have to rely on ancient non-maintained scripts to do this natively in next gen Ravage. Or at least I hope!

Thanks for the link.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FireWalker said:

I might mess with it tonight and see what I can do with it again. I'm pretty sure he would let me tweak it some if I asked him.

Phronk is a nice guy! Yes please ask you never know! It can’t hurt to try.

• Like 2

There is the KA weapons pack,included is a machete,axe,katana and knife i believe....

they get the job done and function  as a pistol. (pistol slot)

• Like 2

@HeroesandvillainsOS You're welcome! Yeah, with what I've seen from the new videos on Dayz Standalone, the melee stuff there looks cool. It's supposed to get an offline mode for singleplayer stuff, as well as mod testing, so maybe we'll see a Ravage mod for Standalone in the future? If Haleks ever does that, I can only imagine it would be an utterly terrifying experience.

@redarmy I took a look at that on Steam, those knife and axe models look good! Them taking a pistol slot is actually interesting from a tactical perspective I think; do you keep your pistol ready to take down zombies from a safe range or do you use the axe to conserve ammo?

Just now, ContheJon said:

@HeroesandvillainsOS You're welcome! Yeah, with what I've seen from the new videos on Dayz Standalone, the melee stuff there looks cool. It's supposed to get an offline mode for singleplayer stuff, as well as mod testing, so maybe we'll see a Ravage mod for Standalone in the future? If Haleks ever does that, I can only imagine it would be an utterly terrifying experience.

@redarmy I took a look at that on Steam, those knife and axe models look good! Them taking a pistol slot is actually interesting from a tactical perspective I think; do you keep your pistol ready to take down zombies from a safe range or do you use the axe to conserve ammo?

well from what i find,with the way Ravage zeds are,movement/damage etc....if you must go toe to toe with a zed and you have one of those melee weapons,your 90% likely to take damage. Focus on a headshot,use the katana for slightly more range...and lastly,id suggest downloading from his alternate link on the steam page....steam auto updates mods,not a good idea all the time.

Also the alternative link has more weapons,including a hilarious flame thrower and SKS(Old variant)

5 minutes ago, redarmy said:

well from what i find,with the way Ravage zeds are,movement/damage etc....if you must go toe to toe with a zed and you have one of those melee weapons,your 90% likely to take damage

I think that was one of the issues I had when testing with Phronks script. But it was better than nothing. 

Still, the most usefull addon with Ravage has to be BB Enhanced Movement !!   :don13:

• Like 3

I do think if anyone has a decent melee option, these items ideally would probably need to also be added to the loot spawn table somehow. Hmm. Interested to see any missions you guys end up coming with.

Quick question, and apologies if Ravage addresses this, I haven’t played it at night in a bit. Is there a flashlight available? Looking around the forums, fairly sure word on the street is RDS Civilians might be the only mod that has this. Would that be correct?

1 minute ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

I do think if anyone has a decent melee option, these items ideally would probably need to also be added to the loot spawn table somehow. Hmm. Interested to see any missions you guys end up coming with.

Quick question, and apologies if Ravage addresses this, I haven’t played it at night in a bit. Is there a flashlight available? Looking around the forums, fairly sure word on the street is RDS Civilians might be the only mod that has this. Would that be correct?

RDS has a flash light that goes in hand,i "think" RHS has one also

I just always make sure some weapon lights spawn in.  It would be cool to have a flashlight that works in the pistol slot though.    <--  and be part of Ravage

1 hour ago, FireWalker said:

Also:  Is there a chance that they can knock your weapon out of your hands?  That would be cool to!

1 hour ago, haleks said:

Oh, devil you! I'll see what I can do. ;)

Done and implemented for the next update.

fourbe.gif

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Gonna start getting scary at night !!!   :evil:

oooh, what happens when you're running around in the dark with a weapon mounted light  - and all of a sudden you're weapon gets knocked out of your hands and it goes dark - no weapon, no light, all zed

• Like 4
  • Haha 1