9 hours ago, haleks said:

I am totally fine with private addons collections for player groups; as long as access to it is not paid or used as a pretext to collect donations for obscur server costs. ;)

Ok thank you. I will set it to friends only just so my mates can access it. 

Another thing, I have set Ravage up on my dedicated server and it works really well except for one major issue which is that MP Persistence doesnt seem to be working. If you log off then log back in it doesn't save, am I missing something? I have the save module down with MP Persistancy set to yes so I'm not sure what I am doing wrong.

Another this is that whenever someone respawns it says "creating new multiplayer save for this server" but it still doesnt save. So obviously the module is activated but I might have set something up that is conflicting.

Edited by Azola21
edit: added further info

8 hours ago, Azola21 said:

Ok thank you. I will set it to friends only just so my mates can access it. 

Another thing, I have set Ravage up on my dedicated server and it works really well except for one major issue which is that MP Persistence doesnt seem to be working. If you log off then log back in it doesn't save, am I missing something? I have the save module down with MP Persistancy set to yes so I'm not sure what I am doing wrong.

Another this is that whenever someone respawns it says "creating new multiplayer save for this server" but it still doesnt save. So obviously the module is activated but I might have set something up that is conflicting.

What mods is your server running besides Ravage?

17 hours ago, R0adki11 said:

What mods is your server running besides Ravage?

I am running NIArms all in one, RHS GREF, AFRF, USF & SAF, ACE3, CBA, SMA Weapons, Military Gear Pack and VSM Uniforms.

On top of that I put this script in to add traders however I have made sure that any save functions from that script have been removed. 

edit: I just did a test with friends on a locally hosted server with the exact same mods and mission file and it saves without any issues. However for it to save I have to press escape and then click the save button however I'm not sure that's possible on a dedicated server.

Some lovely brownish colours which at least work for Tanoa, with some nice color fading (to moar brownish) on player damage. E.g. put into debug code box. Top line between the brackets is the kind of code which @recolor mod can export/import (not needed here).

PPFX, if heavily altered, do not seem to be ready for doing a simple desaturate. I wonder if ArmA has a dedicated saturation command since the option is existing in the graphics settings.

0 = ["Tanoa Ravage",1,1,0,0.1,0.2,0.3,-0.27,1,1,1,0.75,-0.07,1.04,-0.46,0,0,1,1,0,1] spawn
{  waituntil {alive player};
   private _dmgFactor = 0.9;
   tort_colours = true;
   sleep 2;
   PP_Tort = ppEffectCreate ["ColorCorrections",1500];

while {true} do
   {
      if (tort_colours) then
      {
         if !(isNil "GF_RC_ColorCorrection") then
         {
            GF_RC_ColorCorrection ppEffectEnable false;
            GF_RC_ColorCorrection ppEffectCommit 0;
         };
         PP_Tort ppEffectAdjust [_this select 1, _this select 2, _this select 3,
            [_this select 4, _this select 5, _this select 6, _this select 7],
            [_this select 8, _this select 9, _this select 10, (1 - (1 min (_dmgFactor * (damage player)))) * (_this select 11)],
            [_this select 12, _this select 13, _this select 14, _this select 15],
            [_this select 16, _this select 17, _this select 18, _this select 19, _this select 20, 0,4]
         ];
         PP_Tort ppEffectEnable true;
         PP_Tort ppEffectCommit 3
      }
      else
      {
         PP_Tort ppEffectEnable false;
         PP_Tort ppEffectCommit 0;
         if !(isNil "GF_RC_ColorCorrection") then
         {
            GF_RC_ColorCorrection ppEffectEnable true;
            GF_RC_ColorCorrection ppEffectCommit 0;
         };
      };

sleep 5;
   };
};
  • Like 1

Hey, love this mod! But I can't figure out custom loot lists. I looked at the wiki post but I don't know where to put the script. Sorry for the dumb question, beginner A3 scripter and such!

Is that maybe I savegame issue? Ravage shows 85% health while the player is perfectly fine - (damage player) is 0... Or does it use some internal variable?

Also... I have 2 modules for zombies. One runner/bolter with just a few, then a walker module with 100/60 zombies, after a savegame loading I do not see a single walker zombie. On Tanoa. I didn't see a walker at all I think. Killed 2 runners... Entered that town of Moddergat and no zombie there at all. Hmmmm...

Should I only use one zombie module?

16 hours ago, tortuosit said:

Is that maybe I savegame issue? Ravage shows 85% health while the player is perfectly fine - (damage player) is 0... Or does it use some internal variable?

Also... I have 2 modules for zombies. One runner/bolter with just a few, then a walker module with 100/60 zombies, after a savegame loading I do not see a single walker zombie. On Tanoa. I didn't see a walker at all I think. Killed 2 runners... Entered that town of Moddergat and no zombie there at all. Hmmmm...

Should I only use one zombie module?

The way health is calculated in Ravage is a bit more complex than using (damage player) : that command can return 0 even if you have a slightly wounded limb.

I tried to come up with something a bit more accurate, here's the function that returns the player's health :

_ahp = (getAllHitPointsDamage _this) select 2;
_count = count _ahp;
_total = 0;
for "_i" from 0 to (_count - 1) do {
	_total = _total + (_ahp select _i);
};
_total = _total/_count;
_highest = ([_ahp,[],{_x},"DESCEND"] call BIS_fnc_sortBy) select 0;
_r = (((damage _this) max _total) + _highest)/2;
(_r - 1) * -1

It's certainly not perfect nor 100% accurate - my maths kinda suck to be honest. ^^

I'm open to suggestions to improve this.

As for the zombie modules, yep, it's best to use one only : they use global variables wich will override themselves when having several of them.

The only modules that can be placed several times are the Zed horde placement, the safezone and the zed blacklist.

@Doggoh : There are several ways to define your custom loot lists; I could post a template, but the way Ravage handles those lists is not definitive yet so the method could become obsolete eventually.

It's something I want to improve and simplify for people without scripting knowledge - one of the goal with the mod is to make easy to use and make it so everyone, including casual players, can tailor their experience.

If you're not familiar with scripts, my suggestion is : be patient, and let me figure out something. ;)

@Cletus : sounds like the mod isn't loaded. Use the arma3 launcher and make sure it's enabled.

@Azola21 : Thanks for the report! Looks like the saving functions are not properly initiated from a dedi then? I'll look into this.

• Like 1

Hi Haleks,

sorry, I cannot properly quote code, forum software hates me.

You can use: _highest = selectMax _ahp;

Likely there's a bis or new command for counting array values as well. They have added some new commands for arrays, but I often struggle to find them; same with BIS functions.

Well you mangle those both damage approaches... I don't know if it is necessary or useful for your mod.

Thx for the hint with the Zombie spawn modules. Hey it looks like I can use things like "20 + random 20" for "population limit" in the module. Does it work as intended? I guess it does. Is there a global variable I can check?

EDIT: It's probably not working, Eden only remembers the "20" from the text field.

• Like 1

I have been playing, trying to figure out what the game needs...A sort of base building mechanic...like the ability to board up windows and place a door that you can lock...I had a Military area locked down for a full hour, then it went to killing an AI car crew and stealing their car. I have also had a bit of inspiration on a new idea, which came from the dead mod "DayZ 2017", some you might know it, you might not, but I would like to see more of a survival aspect in there,make ammo found in mags random, so if I find a 1911 mag, it wont have 7 rounds, it might have like 3 in it, and maybe find something for a decent car mod (whats used is great, but they are all running around as either US army Humvee's or trucks with M2's on the back) that makes the vehicles look more beat up and older. I only expect the random amount of ammo for the mags to be possible honestly XD  

I also would like to stress maybe a lack of full auto's in the enemy arsenal, I do understand that they are bandits and are killing others for guns and what not, but I do feel that they are armed a bit too well for an apocalypse...maybe some bolt actions? or more handguns...

Edited by BattleChief
Had more to add, realized it too late. Then I got the idea looking back at what I said earlier...cant make up my mind on what to say! Found Friths Ruin...enough said
  • Like 1

I do like the 28 years later scenario, haven't beaten it yet, but I do find it really enjoyable, just saying Haleks

5 hours ago, BattleChief said:

I have been playing, trying to figure out what the game needs...A sort of base building mechanic...

You're not the first one asking for this. There are probably two types of players, lone wolf wanderers and base builders... E.g. I do not need base building at all. I think you rather will not see it in Ravage - you'll have to use addons for this.

I agree about the bandits being armed too well. To me they are quick loot stations. Maybe Haleks could add more control :)

19 hours ago, tortuosit said:

You're not the first one asking for this. There are probably two types of players, lone wolf wanderers and base builders... E.g. I do not need base building at all. I think you rather will not see it in Ravage - you'll have to use addons for this.

I agree about the bandits being armed too well. To me they are quick loot stations. Maybe Haleks could add more control :)

I do agree that it does kill the game just a little, but I do want to be able to make a home, so as to maybe attract attention and give purpose to the game. I would prefer a sort of ability to build stuff like barricades so you can make a sort of barricade to keep them out while you loot a large area, or to make it a building for fighting off a horde or a large group of bandits...

Also, 28 years later...I went to the large research area where it said to go...but I found no one but zombies...soon after, a runner killed frost, so I lost the ability to look around some more [/spolier]

Edited by R0adki11
Put text in spoilers we all don't need to know the mission

Spoiler ALERT  .. .   gosh    jimminey     :)

10 hours ago, BattleChief said:

Lol Fire, I never searched the whole place! You just spoiled it for me...

Please use the spoiler tags when discussing missions, i 've edited your previous post. But i've not got round to playing the whole mission i didn't need to know that bit of information. :(

• Like 1

Hello everyone,

Firstly, @haleks Ravage mod is great, I haven't seen anything like this. I love how the zombies and AI spawn in dynamically, the mod itself is highly customizable for everyone's needs and the biggest advantage is that it's FPS friendly. I just never get bored whenever I play it.

Secondly, the main reason I came here is that I have been playing this mod for a long time, even with my crew, but yesterday I found a bug I have never seen before: When I ran a local server (through the editor) and collected some stuff, I was wondering wether the NVG disappears from my gear, if I reconnect or not. (because sometimes my binocs would disappear, but that's not a big problem). So I ended the mission and started it again and when I came back my health was on 39%, if I remember it right (before I logged out I had 75%, because first aid kit doesn't heal you to max health), so i did it again to check, if the same happens. I repeated the mission shutdown-startup process and my character has fallen to the ground and died.

I think this might be a problem caused by the 1.68 patch of Arma III, but not sure. Before that I never had any problem like this, so I thought I would share it with you and I'm wondering, if anyone has/had a similar problem. Oh and one more thing, it's probably not CBA related problem (99% sure), because I have checked, if it does the same with an older version of CBA, and the same happened.

P.S. Best zombie apocalypse survival mod eva. :icon_biggrin:  Keep up the good work. :f:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, R0adki11 said:

Please use the spoiler tags when discussing missions, i 've edited your previous post. But i've not got round to playing the whole mission i didn't need to know that bit of information. :(

Will do, I am sorta new to the whole thing, I am sorry. 

@BattleChief & MisterOth: I had the experience that EDN Fortification doesn't work anymore after resuming a savegame in SP. Maybe it's different for you, but I couldn't get it to work after loading either a "continue" or "player made" save. 

@tourist & @MisterOth : I would like to see it work, but I don't think it will sadly. I appreciate the attempt though :icon_biggrin:

@BattleChief @tourist Please, test with this, It's a message from Redarmy in another mod forum :

''if you guys want to load the mod from a sp save game,download a mod called moduload,it should reinitialize the script.''