@Gunter Severloh I get you with the burnout aspect. I've gone from working on the ArmA 3 Altis mission to playing Fallout 4 now. I love Ravage and Arma, but sometimes you just need to take a break and go do something else then come back at it fresh. I write stories, but I can't do it all the time or I end up writing nonsense because I'm just not as into it, and I guess it's the same with mission/mod making.

Edited by ContheJon
  • Like 2

On 4/10/2017 at 7:54 AM, tortuosit said:

Yeah, if there wasn't the job... From my observation, a lot of good things (but unfortunately also arrogance) on the internet - software projects, open source, mods etc... - come from unemployed or students. Linux geek students on mailing lists often do not understand that adults with jobs/family cannot afford wasting biiiig time for the tiniest of aspects.

Trying not to piss off Roadkill here, ;) The amount of time I have to myself is about 5-6hrs, thats just on my work days, sat and sundays i have all day and night.

Thats free time to do whatever I want, im not tied down by family, or other type obligations aside my job, so i can do alot, theres just other factors that inhibit my performance

such a health issues, and trying to get out of debt. Anyways, I am slowly getting back into Arma3 was just playing yesterday a little.

As far as RavWarMod goes, after I patch my IFA3WarMod to its final version, then it will be focus on Ravage.

• Like 3

Hi Good day im new in arma game series and ive noticed some cool and exciting mod especially this "RAVAGE Mod" 

can anyone tell me how to edit spawn items or loot items percentage in the game?

thnxs in advance have a good one

@Sherwin Duran Hi Sherwin! Go into the in-game editor and look to the menu to your right. Go through the different menus there until you find one called modules. Under modules should be the Ravage modules that let you tinker with the settings. 

Place them down anywhere on the map (the safe zone and radiation modules are meant to make areas safe from radiation, bandits and zombies, and radioactive modules make areas radioactive, respectively, so they work in the area you place but they're not working atm) and the double click on them. Most stuff has a little tooltip that tells you what's up, but if you want to tinker with the time acceleration for example, you can type anywhere from 1 (for time accel, this would be real life time basically) to what I do which is 8.2 (days last roughly an hour real time, maybe a bit more).

Loot modules work similarly as well. Making the numbers in the boxes higher means that loot has a better chance of spawning, and there's an extra set of options below the main ones that set how frequently furniture (crates, wardrobes etc) can spawn items when you search them. Setting something to 70 means it'll spawn very regularly, and 5 or 2, not very often at all.

Food and drink work similarly, but not on a real timescale. 1 food and 1 drink means it's going down about a tic (one point) every minute, but I'm no expert and I"m sure someone else here could correct me if I'm wrong. I usually set food to be about 1.8 and water at 2.3 which means you'll have to drink somewhat regularly throughout the day. You could use these timescales as an example.

Edited by ContheJon
  • Like 1

Once i edit it and set my desired setting will it save automatically when i exit the editor? or is there any steps i need to do? 

There is a great source of info on Ravage Here including some tips on creating your own scenarios.

Have fun

YUKi.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sherwin Duran said:

Hi Good day im new in arma game series and ive noticed some cool and exciting mod especially this "RAVAGE Mod" 

can anyone tell me how to edit spawn items or loot items percentage in the game?

thnxs in advance have a good one

Check out the Ravage YouTube channel courtesy of the mighty Gunter Severloh, there's a dedicated "How To" playlist.....

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLb5-MaTRQEv5oZzU29IC8gJEmDAT03YRU  

• Like 2

@Sherwin Duran At the top left of the editor menu should be a file symbol (or something like that, it's at the top left either way) that'll let you save your mission. It doesn't auto save when you exit though.

Hi and great mod btw!! I don't know why but in the loot system, I cant choose Arma 2 Buildings. All other seem to work but when I select arma 2 buildings to set "yes" I doesn't open at all. Any help?

@HMF   Mmm, sounds pretty strange, I can't offer any help or solution other than to show it works for me.....

Guys, any experience with FDF Podagorsk? Ravage does not spawn AI or Zombies there, as far as I (and MCC) can see. And I found a loot box, but couldn't access it.

3 hours ago, HMF said:

Hi and great mod btw!! I don't know why but in the loot system, I cant choose Arma 2 Buildings. All other seem to work but when I select arma 2 buildings to set "yes" I doesn't open at all. Any help?

I think its been since 1.68 release. I have two drop down options that dont work for me. I have to manually edit them in my sqm file. I've seen gui drop down options not working mentioned in at least one other mod. Not sure why its different between users though.

3 hours ago, FireWalker said:

I think its been since 1.68 release. I have two drop down options that dont work for me. I have to manually edit them in my sqm file. I've seen gui drop down options not working mentioned in at least one other mod. Not sure why its different between users though.

All you have to do is use your fingers and type the option down, even if its Yes or No or Anybody, Blufor or anything else if you facing difficulties choosing from drop down menus, so simply just highlight that and type down your choise, will work as intended.

• Like 2

Hey folks, this is no real biggie, but the text message at the bottom of the screen after gutting an animal is slightly cut off on my screen....

Spoiler

XcpKnhk.jpg

1920x1200 display.  16:10 aspect ratio. 

Just curious if it's related to certain aspect ratios.

8 hours ago, Evil Organ said:

Hey folks, this is no real biggie, but the text message at the bottom of the screen after gutting an animal is slightly cut off on my screen....

Reveal hidden contents

XcpKnhk.jpg

1920x1200 display.  16:10 aspect ratio. 

Just curious if it's related to certain aspect ratios.

No it shows fine on my screen same aspect. What size do you have your HUD? I think mine is set to small. I also adjusted some of my HUD displays a little closer in because my ammo bar and gps were cut off a little.

Can't just get it to work. If I ask very kindly, could someone paste a script what I can put in init.sqf so Arma 2 buildings loot would work? Please?

59 minutes ago, HMF said:

Can't just get it to work. If I ask very kindly, could someone paste a script what I can put in init.sqf so Arma 2 buildings loot would work? Please?

Highlight the option with your mouse, and write YES using your keyboard, you will see the option turning from NO to YES!

easy peasy

• Like 1

hOLy ShieT. Thank you. Should have read your previous message more clearly. Thank you and happy easter!

• Like 1

On 03.04.2017 at 4:13 PM, haleks said:

Yes, you will be able to edit the modules. But be aware, there is no delay option for the zed spawns; in your case, I suggest increasing the spawn distances, and slightly reducing the max number of zeds if need be.

Increasing the spawn distance will also increase the clean-up treshold, should be enough to solve your problems (except in super large cities like Kavala).

Oh man, by the way can you add something like a shop system module... because i want to make a small safe zone in my ravage RP server where people can buy weapons or sell them, this is going to be pretty useful by the way.

16 minutes ago, zagr said:

Oh man, by the way can you add something like a shop system module... because i want to make a small safe zone in my ravage RP server where people can buy weapons or sell them, this is going to be pretty useful by the way.

You can already do this, use the safe zone module that prevents zombies and bandits from appearing and then add some traders in. :f:

• Like 1

Hey guys! Just finished work on that Altis mission I think I mentioned a few posts back. You can check it out here if you'd like: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=905326339

It's got a few intel items as notes and I think about two storylines to follow (around four to three notes each) that'll take you across Altis, as well as individual notes scattered about. Let me know what you think! 

• Like 2

On 4/13/2017 at 7:07 AM, tortuosit said:

Guys, any experience with FDF Podagorsk? Ravage does not spawn AI or Zombies there, as far as I (and MCC) can see. And I found a loot box, but couldn't access it.

It could be that the locations are not fully indexed; there is a similar issue with the Beketov terrain, but no fixes for it so far that I know of.  

I have also experienced the inaccessible loot box issue. I believe it affects the Medium_Plastic_Case and the Medium_ and Large_Metal_Case containers.  Based on the limited troubleshooting I've attempted, it seems like it might be related to something with the 64-bit Dev Branch; 32-bit doesn't exhibit this bug for me.  My theory is that dev branch subtly changed some parameters of those containers which prevents the Ravage loot tables from placing items within them, but I don't have the knowledge or skills to truly dig into this.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, sentinel329 said:

I have also experienced the inaccessible loot box issue. I believe it affects the Medium_Plastic_Case and the Medium_ and Large_Metal_Case containers.  Based on the limited troubleshooting I've attempted, it seems like it might be related to something with the 64-bit Dev Branch; 32-bit doesn't exhibit this bug for me.  My theory is that dev branch subtly changed some parameters of those containers which prevents the Ravage loot tables from placing items within them, but I don't have the knowledge or skills to truly dig into this.

Ravage only supports the current release of Arma3, you will certainly find issues if you use the Dev Branch :f:

17 hours ago, one_eyed_croaker said:

No it shows fine on my screen same aspect. What size do you have your HUD? I think mine is set to small. I also adjusted some of my HUD displays a little closer in because my ammo bar and gps were cut off a little.

Thanks for the info man, I'll look into those suggestions later. :f:

.....and now for something completely different. 

• Like 3