@Haleks

Just tested your method and it doesnt work. I re-read the scripts and realised it doesn't use physical currency but virtual.

As stated in the script post: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24150

To set the money to unit, add to init in unit:

this setVariable ["cash", amount_of_cash, true];

Would a trigger that activates a script that places "this setVariable ["cash", amount_of_cash, true];" into the ai init box work???

Cyphas - VUSG

That's going to be a bit more tricky, but yes, a trigger-based script should work.

I don't know if you're familiar with scripting in Arma, but make sure to put down a few checks in your script :

{if (group _x != group player && isNil {_x getVariable "cash"}) then {_x setVariable ["cash", amount_of_cash, true]}} count _this;

The above is untested, but it should add "cash" once to every unit stepping in the trigger - excluding all units from the player's group ("_this" being the array of units passed by the trigger).

EDIT : You can replace "group" by "side" or "faction", depending on what you want to achieve.

So my suggestion for priority fix would be: definitely ability to heal to 100HP instead of current 75, lower "forced walk" HP level to 25 or 20 from current 50, and a bit better drop of anti-rad pills (once they're fixed).

Well, I don't want FAKs to become the magic potion - they should remain "First Aid" kits. ;)

Eating & drinking HP restoration isn't limited to 75 though, so it is possible still to heal beyond 75% - the addition of low-grade items will make it a bit easier (they do restore HP, but not much nutrition/hydration).

But I will definitely try something about the forced walk!

Impressive work cosmic! I'm saving this on my HD - it's going to serve as reference once I begin writting documentation for the mod. Thanks mate!

It was an interesting little project as there was a lot more things than I remember. Some of the  stuff I didn't know and the main problem is it was all over the place so it actually brought it all together fairly well.

I think the Gameplay notes was interesting and in particular some of the stuff on the geiger counters.

Ill lilkely adjust a couple of things and tidy it up and ill send you the txt by dropbox.  I didn't really think of it that way when I started but it does contain a lot of the main questions and issues people have so would serve to help answer initial gameplay questions from all the great feedback/ideas provided by the forum members.

by the time I got to page 13 of the thread i was too far committed to stop, but wondering what I had gotten myself into lol....  :blink:

• Like 2

That's going to be a bit more tricky, but yes, a trigger-based script should work.

I don't know if you're familiar with scripting in Arma, but make sure to put down a few checks in your script :

{if (group _x != group player && isNil {_x getVariable "cash"}) then {_x setVariable ["cash", amount_of_cash, true]}} count _this;

The above is untested, but it should add "cash" once to every unit stepping in the trigger - excluding all units from the player's group ("_this" being the array of units passed by the trigger).

EDIT : You can replace "group" by "side" or "faction", depending on what you want to achieve.

Im not that familiar with arma scripting but i am working on that.

What took you minutes to write probally, took me hours to get even half of that and most of those hours were spent reading tuts and guides.

Thanks again for the help.

Sorry i couldn't get a teaser up today for my mission but i started having problems with arma. Will try again after work.

Sorry if this has been said before but, is it just me or is the fuel cans and rest option for tents not working? (rest for sleeping bag work) Also a suggestion to use switchMove Acts_UnconsciousStandUp_part1 instead of the sit animation when resting, at least it would look cool for the sleeping bags.

Great notes Cosmic10r, I was just thinking about blacklisting an area radius from spawning zombies. Or options to blacklist spawning bandits, loot, vehicles, zombies. It be nice if it was set to like a plot pole item ingame, so you can make a safe zone anywhere (I too have been messing with Loli_Defense script for base building). I also liked that you mentioned barricading the doors and maybe a merchant for future releases. There were lot of good ideas in those notes.

Keep on truckin' 

Sorry if this has been said before but, is it just me or is the fuel cans and rest option for tents not working? (rest for sleeping bag work) Also a suggestion to use switchMove Acts_UnconsciousStandUp_part1 instead of the sit animation when resting, at least it would look cool for the sleeping bags.

v1.2 changelog (coming this week-end) :

Tweaked :

Minor HUD improvements.

Tactical Bacon item didn't have a proper inventory icon.

Fixed :

AntiRad pills were not working.

Fixed sleeping bags and tents disappearing into the ground inside houses.

Unfolded bedrolls and tents positioning now adapt correctly to the terrain slope.

Player being unable to fill jerrycans at fuel stations.

Small correction to the syphon vehicle function formula.

Player being unable to sleep in tents.

zed Spawn Radius (Ambiant zombies module) not working beyond 400 meters.

Player being unable to inflame previously extinguished campfires.

Minor RPT errors.

New :

Mission makers can now define a side for each of the hostile and friendly factions (Ambiant AI module).

Added debug markers for radioactive areas (survival module).

Added individual options to the Debug module.

Added low grade food and drink items.

Added new map item (alternative icon by Scorch).

TRYK uniforms addon is now supported (WIP).

;)

I'll take a look at that animation, thanks!

Edited by haleks

Well after extensive gameplay today (8hrs),

Lecter, thats a long ass time to play, i did 5 hours in my first play, i have that kinda of time on the weekends!

@Cosmic Thanks for posting the "wiki" information there about the mod, just a suggestion for it, is to use bullets instead of dashes, it makes each subject standout more,

and makes the thing more readable, at some parts one gets partially lost between subjects, but good work overall!

A question, wondering if flashlights and batteries could be added to the loot list, a handheld flashlight and one you can attach to a gun of course would make dark evenings, and nights a bit interesting.

A question, wondering if flashlights and batteries could be added to the loot list, a handheld flashlight and one you can attach to a gun of course would make dark evenings, and nights a bit interesting.

Good suggestion about the flashlights - I realize I forgot to add them to the "vital loot" list.

And creating a handheld one could be a fun exercise. :)

Good suggestion about the flashlights - I realize I forgot to add them to the "vital loot" list.

And creating a handheld one could be a fun exercise. :)

..can't see how it will help against a running zombie btw.

You wont going to have enough time even to draw a pistol.

But as exercise..can't say nothing about that :)

How about smashing one's head with a flashlight? :D

But that's not on the priority list, I've a shitload of work to do before that. ^^'

How about smashing one's head with a flashlight? :D

Melee would be awesome tho ;)

(some day)

..can't see how it will help against a running zombie btw.

You wont going to have enough time even to draw a pistol.

If haleks cant make it so when you have a pistol that you can hold a flashlight like the police do, and also there are pistols that you can mount flashlights too,

if you have an assault rifle then be able to attach them to the gun as well, after all we are playing arma3 here where we are able to attach items to weapons.

without flashlight your dependent on maybe city lights if your in a city and if there is any lights even on, then considering theres only so many chemlights you

have and can throw, as well as fires you can build for light.

Did all that when i first played and i got only so far.

Cheers Guys. I actually didn't think of it as a wiki or anything like that... started out as just a recap of some posts and it morphed from there due to sheer content size... 

I blame all of you in this thread :P

After awhile I realized it was actually a large document and my feeble attempts at organization had failed and you could see at about page 15 I was putting things in the wrong column.

I will likely put it into a different doc this weekend to change the bullets to a better reading style and fix some of the weird locations for some of the notes and send it on to Haleks. Then I'll repost it.

From there He can keep it up if he wants or I can do it if he would rather focus on the mod... sometimes data collation is a break from scripting lol...

In any case,  hopefully it is of some use to the survivors... :)

on a  side note a blacklist module that has defines for size of blacklist, type of units, bandits, zeds blacklisted would be super handy... maybe even diff PP effects in Diff triggers... but I digress...

awe crap... now i have to update the notes  :wacko: lol

There is a problem with Enhanced Movement by Bad Benson mod. When you continue playing i.e. when you load previously saved game, stamina bar on bottom of screen is not showing anymore. Same problem is with magazine repack mod which does not open the interface for magazine repack process. 

There is a problem with Enhanced Movement by Bad Benson mod. When you continue playing i.e. when you load previously saved game, stamina bar on bottom of screen is not showing anymore.

Does this happen with Ravage only or also with vanilla Arma3?

If there's a save/load issue with EM, BB will want a bug report. ;)

On a side note : today's DEVbuild runs perfectly well, and didn't throw any error whatsoever - including when tested with all supported addons.

I've also fixed a small issue wich might have been preventing bandits from using the "search nearby buildings" function from CBA (needs some testing).

I'll probably take a look at making that black-list zones module before updating - since I'm more or less done with the fixin' & tweakin'.

• Like 2

Does this happen with Ravage only or also with vanilla Arma3?

If there's a save/load issue with EM, BB will want a bug report. ;)

On a side note : today's DEVbuild runs perfectly well, and didn't throw any error whatsoever - including when tested with all supported addons.

I've also fixed a small issue wich might have been preventing bandits from using the "search nearby buildings" function from CBA (needs some testing).

I'll probably take a look at making that black-list zones module before updating.

I have only tested that mod on Ravage Haleks. Havent played anything but Ravage eversince you released it :D

I found that geiger counter today, I'm not sure how it works, i turned it on but it shows current radiation of the character (100 since I was losing HP to radiation as usual) - I'm not quite sure how that thing works you know, does it beep when you get near radiation pockets or it just shows character radiation dose? Speaking of character info, you should make character status info visible in HUD like in DayZ, instead like this where we need to open inventory.

One more thing, could you make it so the vehicles on the map have med kits in them? Or at least chance for it? Cars do come with first aid kits :P

I have only tested that mod on Ravage Haleks. Havent played anything but Ravage eversince you released it :D

I found that geiger counter today, I'm not sure how it works, i turned it on but it shows current radiation of the character (100 since I was losing HP to radiation as usual) - I'm not quite sure how that thing works you know, does it beep when you get near radiation pockets or it just shows character radiation dose? Speaking of character info, you should make character status info visible in HUD like in DayZ, instead like this where we need to open inventory.

One more thing, could you make it so the vehicles on the map have med kits in them? Or at least chance for it? Cars do come with first aid kits :P

-Geiger Counters are hard to find.

-You can find Geiger counters in military buildings and on bandits as well (remember to double-click on it in your inventory to activate it).

-As for the radiation level, it will be displayed along the rest in your inventory once you have found & activated a geiger counter.  ;)

-Geiger counters shouldn't be showing your rad level, it shows the environments. On anti-rads effectiveness, they are on something of a bell curve, you will have to wait to see its effects, that being said, staying in a radiated area will negate the effects.

I prefer the Inventory UI system... but thats me personally . If you had to do anything with said HUD you would have to open inventory anyways  ;)

• Like 1

I'm not quite sure how that thing works you know, does it beep when you get near radiation pockets or it just shows character radiation dose?

[...]

Both. ;)

Having a small chance to find loot in wrecks could be interesting - will take a look into it!

Don't know if this was asked before.....

As i understand i have to place a horde-module for each horde spawn, i'd like to have. Right ? 
Is there a chance to make a module / option to the zombie spawner, that spawns a horde within a designated radius ?

Is there a chance to make a module / option to the zombie spawner, that spawns a horde within a designated radius ?

That is already possible. When you place the Horde-Module there is the option for "placement radius". It is a blank field. You can type in 200 for example and you get a 200m radius where this module will be placed.

I tested it and it worked for the horde.

When I build my mission on another map with all the modules of Haleks I gave that parameter to my player. The placement radius of the player was 5500m and centered in the map. Everytime you died you spawned somewhere else. It is really useful.

Same goes for cars etc.

You can see the input field here in this (random) video - in the middle of the dialog.

-Geiger Counters are hard to find.

-You can find Geiger counters in military buildings and on bandits as well (remember to double-click on it in your inventory to activate it).

-As for the radiation level, it will be displayed along the rest in your inventory once you have found & activated a geiger counter.  ;)

-Geiger counters shouldn't be showing your rad level, it shows the environments. On anti-rads effectiveness, they are on something of a bell curve, you will have to wait to see its effects, that being said, staying in a radiated area will negate the effects.

I prefer the Inventory UI system... but thats me personally . If you had to do anything with said HUD you would have to open inventory anyways  ;)

Well I found it in military base with those 5 or so dome-shaped buildings. I'm not sure if it's working correctly, it shows Radiation 100 all the time. I know my character is irradiated since I'm losing HP over time, but geiger counter should deal with environment, and there should be separate reading for character radiation. You know so we could decide whether or not to use anti-rad pills or save them for later when we say finish looting in irradiated are.

Hmmm. Right.

So the Geiger counter tells you that you are in an irradiated area, the antirad pills should reduce the rate of rad damage while you are in the radiation zone and then use normal healing types once the Geiger counter says u aren't in a rad zone anymore?

As i understand i have to place a horde-module for each horde spawn, i'd like to have. Right ? 

Yep that's it : one horde module per horde.

If you enable the debug module, each horde will show two markers : one for the trigger calling the horde spawn, and a second (smaller, red) showing the spawn radius for infected.

I know my character is irradiated since I'm losing HP over time, but geiger counter should deal with environment, and there should be separate reading for character radiation.

I'm not sure I understood what you mean, but just to be clear : geiger counters don't do anything besides measuring ambiant radiations (and play that geiger sound when some are detected).

The Radiation level displayed in the inventory shows how much radiations have been absorbed by the player (it won't go over 100, wich isn't realistic by any mean, but eh it's a game) - not the ambiant rad level.

Basically, when you're at 100 rads, you're stuck with radiation poisoning until you can treat it with pills (wich sadly aren't working in v0.1.1) - going away from radioactive areas won't change a thing at this point.

I hope this answers any doubts or questions you may have had about the rad system. :)

EDIT : Obviously, the rad system is very much WIP, but I intend to improve it and, maybe, achieve something as cool and dangerous as what we had in the first Fallout game

(Do you guys remember that dreaded place, south-east of the map?).

• Like 1

Ahhh. .. so the sound is for rad detection and the number is the players radiation level that needs to be treated seperate with rad pills.

And if it isn't the player loses health over time even if they leave the rad zone until they treat the rad number with pills?

• Like 1

Exactly - looks like the UI isn't clear enough on that point. ^^'

Will change a few things with the tutorial hints and information displays.

EDIT : Do you guys think that "Irradiation" would be better than "Radiation" for the UI?

EDIT² : Or "Rad. Exposure"? Gah! I don't know.

• Like 1