I'm very much enjoying this. It's tough, but that's a good thing. No new bugs to report.

I made a video showing gameplay and explaining installation (not that there's any need). Here it is:

Some music for you, Haleks. I enjoyed your links.

Awesome video mate - it sums up pretty much everything you need to know about the Mod.

This is going straight to the OP - thanks to you for making a top notch tutorial (and for the musical suggestion)!

Hi,

Interesting mod!

I'm rather intrigued by the concept and idea behind the mod, I never got into anything with zombies or survival for Arma, been mostly into WW2, but I do own the Stalker games though ;)

I like the idea of starting with nothing and struggling to survive, the feeling of working for what you have and or earning it so to speak is something real for me, considering I come from

a family of farmers whom live off their land and pretty much build and create for themselves to a degree, maybe this explains why i dont have alot of money, lol sorry off topic, anyways

I wanted ask other then the mod "story" is a post apocalyptic whats the concept or story behind where you start, like how did you get there what happened?

I've yet to play the mod I've actually spent the last 2 hours reading through the entire thread :D

Random start

Not recalling if i read it anywhere, is there something setup for when you restart the mission that you would randomly start somewhere kinda of like what the escape Alits mission does as

when you die and restart the mission you respawn who knows where and thats a survival type mission too except without zombies and bandits.

I like to quote something Haleks said 10 or so pages back, lol

The playable unit if lets say you place a nato soldier for the sake of testing would he be stripped of all his gear, weapons, ect,. or is would you need to place a civilian or independent faction unit?

How does this work?

An idea for future Mp for persistence & character saving is to implement something like the Liberation mission---> http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=29337

I believe this is scripting, but also like arsenal does where it saves your loadouts and info on your computer you could do something similar, I never played Dayz but i have watched a few vids

here and there, and I recall they have it where you can save your character, i think this would bring a new light to this mod if you could build a character and set it up like arsenal where instead

of weapons and equip it would be your character with whatever weapons, equip, food, ect,. you have found, then when you go to play again instead of being back exactly where you left off,

you are randomly placed wherever and the mission is basically reset but not your character.

Another idea: Enemies scale to the number of players

For coop and i know the focus is SP right now but future suggestion is I think the level of loot ect,. may have to be scaled to the number of players again taking escape Alits for example,

their is a parameter where for every player there is a certain percentage of enemy, the more players the more enemies, i think thats from that mission, but non the less that concept.

For Coop Mp, wouldn't it be enough to place two playable units for the sake of two people playing for example that the mod would work, has anyone tried this yet to try to coop with it?

Lastly when you create your own missions with the mod do you still get the color in the game or is that specific to the mission that comes with the mod?

I'd like to be able to disable that or change it, as i think ti still can be scary without the dark color.

Now to actually install and play!!!

Hi Gunter!

Thanks for the kind words, I'm glad the mod is catching the attention from players who aren't familiar yet with survival or post-apo scenarios in Arma. ;)

Your suggestions are welcome - your ideas about future MP implementation especially : if possible I'd like to achieve something as solid as DayZ regarding persistence & character saving.

I'll definitely study the mods/scripts you've linked.

On the COOP/MP subject : I haven't tried anything myself, but a few people have been giving it a go, and from what I could gather, the biggest problem is the absence of an MP saving system.

(But I'm sure there is also a shitload of issues beyond that!)

Now about your questions :

I wanted ask other then the mod "story" is a post apocalyptic whats the concept or story behind where you start, like how did you get there what happened?

There's no actual story right now, besides hints about the general situation in the world, displayed during the loading screens (basically, a virus wiped out the female population while turning men into zombies, total clusterfuck, end of civilization).

But this is going to evolve sooner or later, once I can dedicate more time to work on story-telling and dynamic missions generation.

Same goes for the intro sequence : it is more of a placeholder until I know where I'm going with Altis. Right now it only chooses a random location from 4 or 5 possible areas, and spawns you there with a dead guy, stripped of all memory.

Reminds me of the beginning of STALKER : SoC. ^^

The playable unit if lets say you place a nato soldier for the sake of testing would he be stripped of all his gear, weapons, ect,. or is would you need to place a civilian or independent faction unit?

How does this work?

Nothing happens to the player, except of course for the survival systems kicking in (hunger, thirst etc) if you enable them - I wanted to keep things as flexible as possible.

So you can place a group of NATO soldiers, some modules, and just preview and go cleanse some villages from infected hordes.

That being said, there're a few limits with the current modules and the way Arma3 handles side/faction/group relations : if you want to play CSAT and choose to enable the OPFOR bandits in the AI spawn module, those will be friendly... A tad awkward.

I'll see if I can improve this and let the mission maker choose each side for each faction (BLUFOR bandits, INDEP survivors for instance).

Lastly when you create your own missions with the mod do you still get the color in the game or is that specific to the mission that comes with the mod?

I'd like to be able to disable that or change it, as i think ti still can be scary without the dark color.

The custom color scheme can be enabled/disabled with the editor modules - as well as in the showcase scenario (hit 0 twice to access the radio menu). ;)

Have fun mate!

@Lecter : It is planned, but no ETA right now. ;)

• Like 1

Great mod, using it for a Zeus campaign I've made for me and some friends. The only request I'd have is for the ability to spawn zombies with zeus. Not sure if this is already a possibility but I have moments in the mission where I want the zombies to be out and about and parts where they need to be gone. Right now I'm using the RyanZombies units but I'd love to be able to use these as well!

Thanks for a great mod either way!

Hi haleks, thanks for the answers.

I just got done with a 6hour run with the mod and your mission, i recorded my session after about an hour in after I ran into some bandits, was a hairy situation,

but I will compress and upload sometime and post it when its done, was very fun.

I think as has been already said theres not enough water or food to find, and ammo too.

I had 4 pistols and one rifle I got from a bandit I last with them for about 5 1/2 hours then it was just a run for your life with 3 runners chasing after me at the end,

really had no choice but to quit, i had no ammo, my fatigue was maxed out, i had no way to create a light source anymore as I had a few chem-lights,

and was able to make fire, and it was 9pm at night almost pitch black out, will do it again ;)

Thanks for this fun mod, looking forward to future updates!

edit.. Almost forgot, i was using Bad Bensons enhanced movement, i got to tell you that saved my ass a few times!!!

Well I gave it another go today just to check drop rates. Food, water, med kits - it is terribly scarce -_- Anti rad pills almost can never be found. And to make matters worse, I found a bug related to healing - as soon as you get radiation your HP keeps dropping down and you cannot heal more than 75 even with medkits. I tested it with 2 med kits when I dropped from 75 to 70 and kit healed me just back to 75. Once you get your HP below 50, the character simply starts walking and the only reasonable thing to do then is to drop the game. You can walk somewhat "faster" if you holster weapon though but it is still a dragging walking pace. Not my idea of fun on such a huge map as Altis. I read people say here to make custom scenario and tweak drop rate myself - even if I knew how to do that, which I do not, what's the point in doing that? Shouldn't the mod itself be well-balanced in the first place? :unsure:

Great mod, using it for a Zeus campaign I've made for me and some friends. The only request I'd have is for the ability to spawn zombies with zeus. Not sure if this is already a possibility but I have moments in the mission where I want the zombies to be out and about and parts where they need to be gone. Right now I'm using the RyanZombies units but I'd love to be able to use these as well!

Thanks for a great mod either way!

To be honest, I never really played with Zeus. ^^'

But from what I understand it is mostly config-based, will have a look into it!

Shouldn't the mod itself be well-balanced in the first place? :unsure:

Totally, and that forced walk when injured annoys the hell out of me.

I will keep tweaking the vital items spawn rates based on feedback provided here - and look for a solution regarding Arma 3 health system.

• Like 1

To be honest, I never really played with Zeus. ^^'

But from what I understand it is mostly config-based, will have a look into it!

Awesome! I mainly use it because it allows more dynamic mission flow (and because I'm too dumb to use the editor efficiently) but being able to spawn the zombies in this mod as zeus units would be amazing!

Well I gave it another go today just to check drop rates. Food, water, med kits - it is terribly scarce -_- Anti rad pills almost can never be found. And to make matters worse, I found a bug related to healing - as soon as you get radiation your HP keeps dropping down and you cannot heal more than 75 even with medkits. I tested it with 2 med kits when I dropped from 75 to 70 and kit healed me just back to 75. Once you get your HP below 50, the character simply starts walking and the only reasonable thing to do then is to drop the game. You can walk somewhat "faster" if you holster weapon though but it is still a dragging walking pace. Not my idea of fun on such a huge map as Altis. I read people say here to make custom scenario and tweak drop rate myself - even if I knew how to do that, which I do not, what's the point in doing that? Shouldn't the mod itself be well-balanced in the first place? :unsure:

I can understand that you get disappointed for a few things that maybe need refinement but it is a stage where we all provide feedback to make it easier to make the mod better for the author.

Regarding the DIY solution it is really simple.

Open the Editor in the ArmA main menu and choose your map of choice.

Now place a unit with double-click and set him to "player". Choose whatever he shall be. Theres the class "Survivor" in bluefor which you can use. He has nothing on him gearwise.

Now select the "modules" - its F7 as shortcut iirc.

Double click somewhere on the map - doesnt matter.

Choose from the category "Ravage" and place as many "options" as you want.

Keep in mind that every option section needs its on module. So in the end you got like 4-7 modules placed. Understand them as options basically or switches.

Now preview your mission. Export as SP Mission and thats it.

Within that modules there is one to set the drop rate of whatever can spawn. It is so simple and well made for mission makers.

Regards 

• Like 2

Totally, and that forced walk when injured annoys the hell out of me.

I will keep tweaking the vital items spawn rates based on feedback provided here - and look for a solution regarding Arma 3 health system.

Nice. By the way, I also can definitely confirm that anti-rad pills do not work. Found one while roaming just now, took them to heal radiation, used med kit and it healed me to 75HP (as explained earlier) and HP is still dropping. I took stopwatch to see the rate and it's 1HP reduction over 1.5minutes. So it takes approximately 40 minutes (if nothing else hits you) till you drop from 75 HP (once irradiated) to 49HP which will basically force you to walk. So there you go mate, a piece of information if you didnt have it written somewhere. Radiation is indeed as it is the biggest challenge for survival. And those patrols are quite nice. Managed to pick them off and got a working car 2 days ago, but still quit the game due to "forced walk". Speaking of forced walk, it is indeed frustrating, but I'd say do not remove it completely. It should remain in game but at different HP level - not as soon as you're under 50HP, but say under 25 or 20HP. That would be okay IMHO - kinda like broken legs in DayZ when we could either die or crawl our way to hospital to find morphine autoinjector. Anyhow, I hope you'll manage to resolve these issues. 

I can understand that you get disappointed for a few things that maybe need refinement but it is a stage where we all provide feedback to make it easier to make the mod better for the author.

Regarding the DIY solution it is really simple.

Open the Editor in the ArmA main menu and choose your map of choice.

Now place a unit with double-click and set him to "player". Choose whatever he shall be. Theres the class "Survivor" in bluefor which you can use. He has nothing on him gearwise.

Now select the "modules" - its F7 as shortcut iirc.

Double click somewhere on the map - doesnt matter.

Choose from the category "Ravage" and place as many "options" as you want.

Keep in mind that every option section needs its on module. So in the end you got like 4-7 modules placed. Understand them as options basically or switches.

Now preview your mission. Export as SP Mission and thats it.

Within that modules there is one to set the drop rate of whatever can spawn. It is so simple and well made for mission makers.

Regards 

I'm not disappointed mate, I'm just testing it out as any of us and providing Haleks here with info which IMHO needs to be fixed so the game is still challenging but playable and survivable - we dont want it too easy but when something is broken it should be fixed. If you make the calculations, you can easily see that one cannot survive whole day in Ravage unlike DaiZy mod for Arma2 for example or DayZX or 2018 by Haleks. For all this time, I havent been able to find a single geiger-counter, so you see, such items should be 100% drop in towns for example - by clearing opposition you can then get one and have easier time evading radiation. But even if it's not present in all towns, then at least anti-rad pills should and med kits should be more common to balance it. In any case, thanks for elaboration on how to create custom scenario, I'll take a look when I find time, but mostly I'm checking Ravage now.

Medkits ALWAYS heal to only 75%.  Standard Arma3 stuff there.  Only a medic could heal you to 100%.

Medkits ALWAYS heal to only 75%.  Standard Arma3 stuff there.  Only a medic could heal you to 100%.

Well thing is, we dont have medics, therefore it should be fixed to either fix us to 100HP or we could heal fully from 75HP to 100HP if we take a rest.

To be honest i played at least 10 times the mission until now...and if you remove the thirst bug (which it's fixed) and the radiation bug (which it's pending) ..the mission it's TOTALLY survive-able.

Harsh yes...I walked (yes walked) lots of kilometers with only a portion of life..but i survived..and found the precious *medikit AND Geiger.

It's challenging feasible  :)

• Like 1

To save Haleks some typing and so he can work on the update :P

Here is a tweaked Loot Spawn version of the Default mission.

You must place the pbo in your missions folder in the Arma root folder and then launch it from scenario. It will show up outside of the Ravage Mod pull down so DON"T go in there or it will still be the default rate.

Select the Mission Called Altis and that should be the Default Ravage Mission with Adjusted Loot tables.

All Credit to Haleks... I just adjusted the Default Mission with the included Modules to keep the same experience but up the loot rate for beginners and people who don't like it so Hardcore.

I take no Credit.

Haleks... If you don't want this up PM me and Ill yank it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tj7oe27ycnhdnht/Ravage.Altis.pbo?dl=0

@cosmic10r : no problem mate!

By the way : I've been working on small HUD improvements to help players understand what's going on with their status : right now it's not always clear why your health goes down.

Hopefully the changes I'm making should help; the inventory screen will display your current status (healthy, weak or dying - depending on hydration and nutrition levels) and warn you if you are suffering from radiation poisoning.

The addition of low-grade food & drinks (wich will be more common than high-grade items) should also partially adress Arma3's annoying health system (until I can come up with an alternative one).

Anyway, here's the current changelog for the next update :

Tweaked :
Added individual options to the Debug module.
Minor HUD improvements.

Fixed :
AntiRad pills were not working.
Fixed sleeping bags disappearing into the ground inside houses.
Player being unable to fill jerrycans at fuel stations.
Small correction to the syphon vehicle function formula.
Minor RPT errors.

New :
Added debug markers for radioactive areas (survival module).
Added low grade food and drink items.
Added new map item (alternative icon by Scorch).
TRYK uniforms addon is now supported (WIP).

Still WIP, I will spend the week toying with a few ideas and update next week-end (as usual).

• Like 2

To be honest i played at least 10 times the mission until now...and if you remove the thirst bug (which it's fixed) and the radiation bug (which it's pending) ..the mission it's TOTALLY survive-able.

Harsh yes...I walked (yes walked) lots of kilometers with only a portion of life..but i survived..and found the precious *medikit AND Geiger.

It's challenging feasible  :)

I agree. There is plenty of foods and drinkables out there, I found at least four of each in a day (ingame) without going into bigest towns. Same for weapons.

I think it should not be easier. The second morning, I've got a working offroad, weapons, ammunitions, scopes, gasmask, antirad pills, grenades etc, etc.

Still a lot of fun to play Haleks.

Found a bug with the tent. I was able to build it correctly bug the "rest" action had no effect. I was sad because it was a good camping spot. :D

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=542657701

I actually agree... I like the survivables pretty scarce too and generally play on the default leveling... 

Finding the first Franta was a great moment... tasted so good... lol

Thanks for the feedback and bug report!

Only just realised this is a SP only mod, so that zeus comment is sorta pointless :P

Well if I can get the zombies to work with Zeus, it would be a first step towards MP compatibility and could provide some fun until a full MP conversion arrives. ;)

Zombies are not spawning if set to higher than 400 (meters). They spawn in for a second and disappear (without delete script active). I'm observing them with TPW mod HUD option...it adds glasses that detects troops.

Is it possible to have multiple zombie modules? like have 20 meters 400 meters (if it gets fixed) 600 meters and 1000. So you can see some in the next town as you scout.

not sure if you read my last post but we really need an option for zombies to have more health (headshots). 

Oh, and is there a way to relight campfire after you 'put out fire'?

Lastly, it is too bad that the survival script disables WarefareThai food and tools. Would be cool if it all would be integrated together and in the loot spawn.

Zombies are not spawning if set to higher than 400 (meters). They spawn in for a second and disappear (without delete script active). I'm observing them with TPW mod HUD option...it adds glasses that detects troops.

Is it possible to have multiple zombie modules? like have 20 meters 400 meters (if it gets fixed) 600 meters and 1000. So you can see some in the next town as you scout.

not sure if you read my last post but we really need an option for zombies to have more health (headshots). 

Oh, and is there a way to relight campfire after you 'put out fire'?

Lastly, it is too bad that the survival script disables WarefareThai food and tools. Would be cool if it all would be integrated together and in the loot spawn.

Looks like I forgot to adapt the zed deletion radius to the new modules... thanks for spotting this one.

Currently it's not possible to have multiple modules of the same type - each variable is unique and would be overwritten by one or another module.

As for the campfires, yes you should have an "Inflame Campfire" option in the action menu when facing any campfire wich isn't inflamed already (as long as you have matches on you).

About your suggestions:

I'll consider increasing zombie damage resistance; but for WarefareThai items, let's just say that the "multi-mods" support part of the code is already complicated enough as it is. :)

EDIT : Anyone knows how to configure items/magazines to show up in the Virtual Arsenal?

It's driving me crazy right now.     è_é'

Looks like I forgot to adapt the zed deletion radius to the new modules... thanks for spotting this one.

Currently it's not possible to have multiple modules of the same type - each variable is unique and would be overwritten by one or another module.

As for the campfires, yes you should have an "Inflame Campfire" option in the action menu when facing any campfire wich isn't inflamed already (as long as you have matches on you).

About your suggestions:

I'll consider increasing zombie damage resistance; but for WarefareThai items, let's just say that the "multi-mods" support part of the code is already complicated enough as it is. :)

EDIT : Anyone knows how to configure items/magazines to show up in the Virtual Arsenal?

Still learning to script myself, so not going to be much help. If the items you are talking about are classified as magazines, it seems you would need to link them as ammo to a weapon of some type for them to show in VA. Otherwise classify them as something like the First Aid Kit/Satchel/M67 Grenade. Or I have no idea what I am talking about as I am not that far yet.

been testing, and campfires don't have an option to re-light for me (was testing in editor with your mission and then just with modules). also had a sleeping bag sink into flat ground outside, another went into a hillside with only a corner of the bag sticking out.

is the save option via radio supposed to work with just the module or is that a script thing that needs to be added to my mission folder? cause it only shows up in your mission.

been testing, and campfires don't have an option to re-light for me (was testing in editor with your mission and then just with modules). also had a sleeping bag sink into flat ground outside, another went into a hillside with only a corner of the bag sticking out.

is the save option via radio supposed to work with just the module or is that a script thing that needs to be added to my mission folder? cause it only shows up in your mission.

Yup, there is indeed a small problem with the "inflame" action at camp fires - thanks for reporting.

Gah! How many of those errors did I miss? T_T

The sleeping-bag problem should be fixed for the next update.

The save option is something I wrote for the showcase scenario - but I guess I could add it to the Settings module...

I believe you want to inherit from a base class and then have scope = 2.

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/178743-weapons-not-showing-virtual-arsenal/