Also, make sure Zeus DLC is acquired and installed in your Steam Library.

you need to update the Arma 3 you have loaded up.

"F_Curator_Characters" have been implemented with ZEUS DLC some times ago.....

the latest release version of ARMA 3 is 1.52.132676

Any sources of an update? Ive stopped using steam a while ago and bought arma 3 off of a third party site. :ph34r:

Sorry but I can't offer support for pirated or outdated versions of Arma 3...

• Like 2

Thanks for the update.

During today's session I tried to fill 2 empty jerrycans at a fuel station (double-clic in inventory) but for some reason it didn't work even if I was standing by the pump.

Also, I think there is some clipping problems with buildings' modification, see some screens :

http://imgur.com/a/Do8b2

Anyway, still a lot of fun to play :

Offroad moving downhill

BVHD8gZ.jpg

I build a mission with your latest release. 

Placed all the modules except the debugger and exported as MP Mission.

I can start it (on esseker) seems to work fine - although there are no Zombie Spawns in the woods/wild which I really miss to be honest.

When I save my state and quit and then try to continue the mission it is not working.

It keeps telling me "sending data" and nothing loads. That is after the role / slot choosing.

I started with the same mods like before - did no changes or anything.

Any idea what that could be?

I really like to play it but if I can´t safe my gear its really really rogue like :D

I can start it (on esseker) seems to work fine - although there are no Zombie Spawns in the woods/wild which I really miss to be honest.

When I save my state and quit and then try to continue the mission it is not working.

It keeps telling me "sending data" and nothing loads. That is after the role / slot choosing.

I really like to play it but if I can´t safe my gear its really really rogue like :D

I think it will be helpful to post the mods you are using.

i.e. Are you using ACE?  I encountered a *similar problem

Jeah sorry - forgot that mod list:

• CBA
  • dfs 3rdPerson
  • AiA
  • Laxemanns Enhanced Soundscape
  • ShackTac UI
  • JSRS DragonFyre

Thanks for the update.

During today's session I tried to fill 2 empty jerrycans at a fuel station (double-clic in inventory) but for some reason it didn't work even if I was standing by the pump.

Also, I think there is some clipping problems with buildings' modification, see some screens :

http://imgur.com/a/Do8b2

Thanks for reporting, Sparfell!

I've just finished fixing the jerrycan issue on my latest DEVbuild.

I've noticed the buildings clipping through each others, but frankly I'm not quite sure what is causing this.

Basically, I just replaced the "intact" models by the damaged ones in each building config - nothing else.

This would mean that, for some odd reasons, damaged models are a bit larger than the intact ones (either that or their center position is offset) - that is totally confusing me - but I'll see if something can be done.

Why do you export it as a MP mission?

The current code is designed for SP only. ^^'

I wanted to play CoOp thats why I did it.

So it is not possible to save atm in MP?

I wanted to play CoOp thats why I did it.

So it is not possible to save atm in MP?

Probably not. :/

I have a few ideas to try in order to make the code a bit more MP-friendly - provided that it doesn't require too much changes.

But I must point out that, eventhough I've been given some valuable inputs already, MP is completely new to me - you will have to be patient. ;)

Any sources of an update? Ive stopped using steam a while ago and bought arma 3 off of a third party site. :ph34r:

the "third party site" should offer an up to date version.

otherwise, Halek said what everyone will tell you here: illegal, pirated and outdated version of ARMA 3 will not be helped here.

if you are "clever" enough to have a pirated game, you should be clever to fix it...

if you love Arma 3 and all the fabulous work made by the guys of the Arma Community,then buy it.

to Halek.

I just discovered your mod a few days ago.

quite cool and very impressive work ( I use to play to Pilgrimage by Rydygier most of time, modding the mission as I can as Rydygier scripting is far away better than my poor knowledge.)

there are some buggs I already spotted:

when I start the mission, the burning car is sometime far away from me, up into the sky (15 meters above the ground) but smoke comes from the ground.

my game is heavily modded, so it might be the reason of the problem.

anyway, all other things I might say have been already said by other players about zombies, loot occurence for some items like FAK or other "essentials" for survival.

one suggestion (and question in the same time ) : why can't we find anything on zombies bodies ???

on DayZ you can sometimes find something....

is there something linked between empty can I can find on every guy I killed or on lot of loot locations I searched for, and some water barrel you can find here and there ??? (like paper is linked to matches box to light a fire )

I mean how do you drink (I found food on bodies, never found something to drink )?

wouldn't it be possible to drink from water found in or near houses into water jerricans and barrels ??? with the help of an empty bottle or empty can ?

I guess we'll have some weeks to have a very good release version of your mod, this "beta" is already awesome....

thank you for the filter color option, I really appreciate to see a blue sky above the clouds ;) :P

EDIT:

also new (in scripting and ) with MP settings, but I'm trying to write a MP version of your mission. some files like mission.sqm are setted.... it will be more difficult with your other init files... (init and intro)

(player commander spawn like the SP, player CDG is stuck on the place where he is  on the mission.sqm location and spawn without any modification )

I learned some basics of MP scriting with Rydygier Pilgrimage COOP  (I'm digging into his scrits to figure out the needed parts for a MP missions ) but I still need to learn.

there are some buggs I already spotted:

when I start the mission, the burning car is sometime far away from me, up into the sky (15 meters above the ground) but smoke comes from the ground.

my game is heavily modded, so it might be the reason of the problem.

anyway, all other things I might say have been already said by other players about zombies, loot occurence for some tiems like FAK or other "essentials".

one suggestion (and question in the same time ) : why can't we find anything on zombies body ???

on DayZ you can sometimes find something....

is there something linked between empty can I can find on every guy I killed on lot of loot locations and some water barrel you can find here and there ??? (like paper is linked to matches box to light a fire )

I mean how do you drink (I found food on bodies, never found something to drink )?

wouldn't it be possible to drink from water found in or near houses into water jerricans and barrels ??? with the help of an empty bottle or empty can ?

I guess we'll have some weeks to have a very good release version of your mod, this "beta" is awesome....

thank you for the filter color option, I really appreciate to see a blue sky above the clouds ;) :P

I haven't witnessed the burning wreck spawning above ground (yet), but a quick fix to the mission script should ensure this doesn't happen again in the future - thanks for reporting. :)

As for the absence of loot on zombies, there are several reasons : I wanted to keep the code as light as possible, and keep high performances in every possible scenario.

And not all missions would make use of survival items either.

Empty cans are just trash loot at the moment, but your suggestion about water sources is already on a long to-do list regarding survival mechanics - that's going to take a few weeks, at least. ;)

Probably not. :/

I have a few ideas to try in order to make the code a bit more MP-friendly - provided that it doesn't require too much changes.

But I must point out that, eventhough I've been given some valuable inputs already, MP is completely new to me - you will have to be patient. ;)

Oh ok!

I assumed that it just should work natively with the saving mechanic - my fault.

All right - then I know why that is not working.

Thanks for the quick response!

Please read the OP...

Yes I understand that part when test it on that map it is not working as intended. I'm sorry for asking so many questions but I just want to make sure I can make fun missions to play that support your mod. Thank you. 

p.s. my other question was where do the zombies spawn? only in towns?

http://i.imgur.com/UBQgtVh.jpg

nothing special but i kinda like this screenshot. the RHS stuff really helps making this feel more S.T.A.L.K.E.R.-y

Tryk uniforms has some cool stuff too, I was quite happy with what I saw when reviewing the mod today (hoods plus gasmasks for the win)!

Yes I understand that part when test it on that map it is not working as intended. I'm sorry for asking so many questions but I just want to make sure I can make fun missions to play that support your mod. Thank you. 

p.s. my other question was where do the zombies spawn? only in towns?

Zombies spawn around any kind of building, not necessarily in towns; but keep in mind, when making missions, that the player shouldn't spawn too close to villages or towns :

buildings in the immediate vicinity will be excluded from the spawn process to avoid issues; the greater the spawn radius for zombies, the further you should start from cities.

I will take some time later to properly test the zombie spawns with AiATP-based maps - but remember that the max number of zombies might need to be adapted to your map :

if Helvantis towns don't have many buildings (compared to towns in Altis), you will want to push the numbers a bit.

EDIT : if no buildings are detected after about 40 secondes,the game will start spawning zeds in the wild around the player - provided that the terrain offers safe spots to spawn them out of sight.

Might need some tweaking though...

• Like 1

Tryk uniforms has some cool stuff too, I was quite happy with what I saw when reviewing the mod today (hoods plus gasmasks for the win)!

Zombies spawn around any kind of building, not necessarily in towns; but keep in mind, when making missions, that the player shouldn't spawn too close to villages or towns :

buildings in the immediate vicinity will be excluded from the spawn process to avoid issues; the greater the spawn radius for zombies, the further you should start from cities.

I will take some time later to properly test the zombie spawns with AiATP-based maps - but remember that the max number of zombies might need to be adapted to your map :

if Helvantis towns don't have many buildings (compared to towns in Altis), you will want to push the numbers a bit.

EDIT : if no buildings are detected after about 40 secondes,the game will start spawning zeds in the wild around the player - provided that the terrain offers safe spots to spawn them out of sight.

Might need some tweaking though...

Oh ok thank you very much for that info. It helped a lot. Like I said before this mod is awesome and I would love top help in any way possible. Hit me up if you need some testing to be done. Keep doing what your doing man.

One thing I suggest you add is a module that lets you choose a certain group for all 3 factions. Such as US Army for Bluefor and ChDKZ for Opfor.

• Like 1

I'm very much enjoying this. It's tough, but that's a good thing. No new bugs to report.

I made a video showing gameplay and explaining installation (not that there's any need). Here it is:

Some music for you, Haleks. I enjoyed your links.

I'm very much enjoying this. It's tough, but that's a good thing. No new bugs to report.

I made a video showing gameplay and explaining installation (not that there's any need). Here it is:

Some music for you, Haleks. I enjoyed your links.

Wow, this AI guy is wasting ammo like hell, and he doesn't care about cover. :D

What is the AI going to do when they are dry?

Become a nice tasty meal :P

Close to hitting 25,000 views on the post, that's awesome!

The AI never seem to run out of ammo. I had that AI unit with me for about three hours (the video is condensed) and he was shooting a lot, yet never ran dry of ammo. There's no way he could have been carrying all that ammo, so I'm guessing that Haleks wisely gave the AI infinite ammunition.

Hi,

Interesting mod!

I'm rather intrigued by the concept and idea behind the mod, I never got into anything with zombies or survival for Arma, been mostly into WW2, but I do own the Stalker games though ;)

I like the idea of starting with nothing and struggling to survive, the feeling of working for what you have and or earning it so to speak is something real for me, considering I come from

a family of farmers whom live off their land and pretty much build and create for themselves to a degree, maybe this explains why i dont have alot of money, lol sorry off topic, anyways

I wanted ask other then the mod "story" is a post apocalyptic whats the concept or story behind where you start, like how did you get there what happened?

I've yet to play the mod I've actually spent the last 2 hours reading through the entire thread :D

Random start

Not recalling if i read it anywhere, is there something setup for when you restart the mission that you would randomly start somewhere kinda of like what the escape Alits mission does as

when you die and restart the mission you respawn who knows where and thats a survival type mission too except without zombies and bandits.

I like to quote something Haleks said 10 or so pages back, lol

To create the most basic custom scenario, one simply needs to put a playable unit on the map, a few modules with the desired features - and hit preview or save/export it!

The playable unit if lets say you place a nato soldier for the sake of testing would he be stripped of all his gear, weapons, ect,. or is would you need to place a civilian or independent faction unit?

How does this work?

An idea for future Mp for persistence & character saving is to implement something like the Liberation mission---> http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=29337

• Never lose your progress with the built-in server-side save system.

I believe this is scripting, but also like arsenal does where it saves your loadouts and info on your computer you could do something similar, I never played Dayz but i have watched a few vids

here and there, and I recall they have it where you can save your character, i think this would bring a new light to this mod if you could build a character and set it up like arsenal where instead

of weapons and equip it would be your character with whatever weapons, equip, food, ect,. you have found, then when you go to play again instead of being back exactly where you left off,

you are randomly placed wherever and the mission is basically reset but not your character.

Another idea: Enemies scale to the number of players

For coop and i know the focus is SP right now but future suggestion is I think the level of loot ect,. may have to be scaled to the number of players again taking escape Alits for example,

their is a parameter where for every player there is a certain percentage of enemy, the more players the more enemies, i think thats from that mission, but non the less that concept.

For Coop Mp, wouldn't it be enough to place two playable units for the sake of two people playing for example that the mod would work, has anyone tried this yet to try to coop with it?

Lastly when you create your own missions with the mod do you still get the color in the game or is that specific to the mission that comes with the mod?

I'd like to be able to disable that or change it, as i think ti still can be scary without the dark color.

Now to actually install and play!!!

Since we find many useless junk, and since food/water/medkits are very hard to find, I'd suggest implementing some crafting method in order to get bandages/first aid. Also cooking food from rabbits and other animals should be implemented.