Hiho all,

below a quick overview of v0. 3 of the basebuilding mod. 

Cheers

VD

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

este mod é fenomenal !!!!
Já joguei ele há alguns anos, depois tive de excluir meu arma3 e todos os mods.
Agora, reinstalei o arma3 apex nas versões 1.68 e 1.70 mas há alguns problemas com o ravage mod pois, quando instalados, você pode jogar uma missão destruída, não é comprimido zumbis, loots ou npcs. apenas o mapa e eu. Teste com varias versoes do cba_a3 e o ultima foi para a versão 3.9.1.181229 mas não fez o ravage jogo normalmente. Será que vc poderia me dar uma ajuda? Qual é a versão do ravage mod para a versão v1.68 ou 1.70 e qual é a versão do CBA_A3 devo usar. Agradeço lhe por qualquer ajuda!

I already played it a few years ago, then I had to delete my weapon3 and all the mods.
Now I reinstalled the arma3 apex in versions 1.68 and 1.70 but there are some problems with the ravage mod because when installed, you can play a mission destroyed, there is compressed zombies, loots or npcs. just the map and me. Test with several versions of cba_a3 and the last was for version 3.9.1.181229 but did not do the ravage game normally. Could you give me a hand? What is the version of ravage mod for version v1.68 or 1.70 and which version of CBA_A3 should I use. Thank you for any help!

Edited by Diniz Diniz
Português e Inglês

17 hours ago, Diniz Diniz said:

Now I reinstalled the arma3 apex in versions 1.68 and 1.70 but there are some problems with the ravage mod

ArmA 3 is at version 1.86

You probably need a newer version.

1.86 was a big update.

ArmA 3 está en la versión 1.86

Probablemente necesites una versión más nueva.

1.86 fue una gran actualización.

On 3/9/2019 at 11:50 PM, EO said:

Speaking of mines, I'd like to find a way too stop Zeds from triggering them....

Man, I'm having troubles leading zombies to trigger them.... :eh::smileee:

Oh hey all- Just a quick question that I haven't been able to find an answer to yet. Does Ravage support headless clients? If yes, how do I get the zombie and ambient ai's to spawn on the HC's?

If no, this would be an incredible feature for mission performance :) (Thanks for an incredible mod Halek!)

Vandeanson- really excited to try out the base building! I've implemented a version of base building in a Ravage scenario I created, but its really clunky/cumbersome and I can only save the bases persistently by defining save zones and having inidbi2 record objects in the zones. Meaning I have to know where players will build a base and define that in the editor, players can't 'build it live'.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TheVigil7 said:

Oh hey all- Just a quick question that I haven't been able to find an answer to yet. Does Ravage support headless clients? If yes, how do I get the zombie and ambient ai's to spawn on the HC's?
If no, this would be an incredible feature for mission performance 🙂 (Thanks for an incredible mod Halek!)

This was recently asked and answered...

On 2/8/2019 at 12:26 PM, haleks said:

No HC integration so far I'm afraid. Like EO said, zombies are generated accross all computers - except when a dedicated server is detected (in that case the server does almost everything).

I need to take a proper look at HC, and see if it brings other advantages compared to a dedi.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TheVigil7 said:

Vandeanson- really excited to try out the base building! I've implemented a version of base building in a Ravage scenario I created, but its really clunky/cumbersome and I can only save the bases persistently by defining save zones and having inidbi2 record objects in the zones. Meaning I have to know where players will build a base and define that in the editor, players can't 'build it live'.

Thanks man, 

I am currently adding more blueprints. Then I need to add some more ressource spawners and with that set I will very likely publish a playable script version within a persistent mission template for the ravage folks to test it along with their ravage setup. 

The GRAD scripts seem to work fine as it is also possible to exclude vehicles and AI spawned by ravage or other mods, even specific structures in case you want to spawn additional stuff. 

It will save everything of said type (e. g. Structures) unless it is specifically excluded. 

If you pre place stuff in the editor, you need to assign it a variable name, else it gets duplicated at server restart. 

Thats a bit clunky (and i think there is a better way) but it does the job. 

So yeah, going to be looking forward to user feedback then;) 

Regarding HC, by chance I just looked into the topic today. It seems that this is something you can add when editing your mission:

I am interessted in how HC, dynamicsimulation and caching compare to each other btw, if someone here knows:) 

Cheers

VD

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, EO said:

This was recently asked and answered...

Sorry- there's 375 pages of comments and this is my first day here at the Ravage forum thread.

@Vandeanson- I had a similar problem with item duping when setting up my inidbi persistent save. I have resource spawners all over my map that you can spawn a selection of base objects at, then pick up and move them where ever (or even store them in vehicle cargo). My persistent save function only saves the objects specified for base building, all cars, and all object inventories, within a defined zone. The problems I haven't been able to resolve (that you are tackling) was allowing players to base build anywhere on the fly (not a pre-defined in the editor zone) and any player can pick up and move any base object; the addactions aren't owned by any specific player.

RE: the Headless Client, I was able to connect some HC's to my Ravage mission last night, but I'm pretty sure this doesn't actually do anything because you need to tell the mission to spawn the ai on the HC instead of the dedi. If Ravage does not have functions to support this currently it won't work. There's a lot of ai/logic scripts tied to the ai that Ravage spawns so if we try to move the spawned ai to a HC after Ravage spawns them in... we lose all that ai logic and scripting. We need Ravage to spawn the ai on the HC and keep all the ai processing on that client.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TheVigil7 said:

Sorry- there's 375 pages of comments and this is my first day here at the Ravage forum thread.

There's no need to apologise man, I've been around here since the beginning of time so I knew this had been covered a few pages back. 😉

• Like 2

Meet Harry Alexander, he's looking for some Divine Intervention...

Spoiler

:rthumb:

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Has anyone encountered a bug where after a few minutes in game the screen goes completely blue? I can still see the in game UI for the weapon info, etc. I can even still see the markers, but it almost seems like out of nowhere everything is drowning in the color blue. I haven't figured out the source of the issue here yet. I'm using Ravage with three other well known mods for testing right now. If anyone else has seen it, please let me know.

Hopefully it is not your gfx card melting 😞 crossing fingers! 

• Like 1

Hey, just started in the Ravage universe 🙂

Big fan now.

I got two little problems.

First, when I start my map, I am getting a failure warning.

or8C2ir6A5bMYlTk96OmarTQo4CJAc3TZAAG9drr

And second, my trader is using everything in the buying menu.

(Apologies in advance for the big picture)
hFdMFPM06T4qkTCpr0Z2jWz7ffxYnLOuZvwLL7ct

Any advice?

Cheers

6 hours ago, Donnie_Plays said:

everything is drowning in the color blue

That sounds like a hardware issue to me mate, is it a BSOD? Or is it just blue? If it’s just blue but the computer is still running check all the cabkes going in the monitor, and the PC. If all good and tight, check your peripherals (if you have anything unnecessary) headphones, speakers, etc... unplug them all and retry without them. You could have interference with your hardware causing it, but the mobo isn’t popping a code. (It occasionally can happen)

8 hours ago, Donnie_Plays said:

Has anyone encountered a bug where after a few minutes in game the screen goes completely blue? I can still see the in game UI for the weapon info, etc. I can even still see the markers, but it almost seems like out of nowhere everything is drowning in the color blue. I haven't figured out the source of the issue here yet. I'm using Ravage with three other well known mods for testing right now. If anyone else has seen it, please let me know.

2 hours ago, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

That sounds like a hardware issue to me mate, is it a BSOD? Or is it just blue? If it’s just blue but the computer is still running check all the cabkes going in the monitor, and the PC. If all good and tight, check your peripherals (if you have anything unnecessary) headphones, speakers, etc... unplug them all and retry without them. You could have interference with your hardware causing it, but the mobo isn’t popping a code. (It occasionally can happen)

The UI still working, I would rule out hardware failure. The only thing I can think right now is the fog going crazy - see if 0 setfog 0 changes something.

Some terrains, including Tanoa, have a weird fog config and cause a "wall of fog" at high values. If that's the case, you need to tweak the fog parameters in your mission settings to prevent that (or identify the script causing it, eventually).

• Like 3

No, screenshot is from in-game. Well everything runs fine. I just get this error message at the beginning and my gear trader has this unusable list.

Ok, I will try a few things and let you know if it is the fog or another script.

Cheers.

9 hours ago, haleks said:

The only thing I can think right now is the fog going crazy - see if 0 setfog 0 changes something.

Some terrains, including Tanoa, have a weird fog config and cause a "wall of fog" at high values. If that's the case, you need to tweak the fog parameters in your mission settings to prevent that (or identify the script causing it, eventually).

I investigated further. It was fog. I was encountering fog suddenly everywhere, so thick I couldn't see my own player character's arms in first person. The map I was using had a default base level of 250. I changed that number to 0 and the problem went away.

• Like 3

Hello I was wondering if it was possible to tweak the hunger rate / messages, i see that there's stuff already defined i'd like to make it more arcadey and have it start to warn / drain health around %5 hunger, would it be possible to put a modified version of fn_playerHunger.sqf that's modified in a mission or is there an easier way?

• Like 1

On 9/24/2017 at 8:25 PM, EO said:

Creeping through the back streets of Chernogorsk...

NfON8Ed.jpg

Courtesy of haleks Ravage 2018 mission for Chernarus Redux.

Great picture. Could I use it as a loading picture for my mission? Thank you.

WarMachine missions here

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IvosH_cz said:

Great picture. Could I use it as a loading picture for my mission? Thank you.

Holy shit!....anybody that trawls the forum that far back deserves a great big YES!   :rthumb:

• Like 4

Eeeer... Sarge?

94F3C8B13F3225CE2E6FFD4B10809691A863805E

1C55B0C6238894F537C357220347169A1EBB58E4

22DE09D958DA1B69A800F90E55CE088B8E2511C1

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Hi everyone!

Ravage has been updated! This update brings some very much needed QoL improvements and some fixes as usual :

Tweaked :
Players inside Safe Zones no longer spawn zombies.

Fixed :
Wrecks caching system now works with remoteControl UAVs.
Fixed an issue with the Safe Zone module.
Zombies are now able to get back on their feet.

New :
New module option : turn killed humans into zombies.
New module option : zombie resurrection timer.

Credits :
Special thanks to EO, MurazorWitchKing and Tourist for their support.

The Safezone module should now work without issues, including regarding zombies. Note that it only prevents players from spawning ambient zombies once they're inside the safe zone, so keep that in mind when you set the max spawn distance for zombies.

Manually placed hordes can still spawn inside a safe zone too.

Also, new feature : killed people can resurrect as zombies. You can set it to "always" or "only when killed by a zombie"; it works on all units. Shooting someone in the head - even if he's dead already - will prevent him from turning.

Have fun guys!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 8

2 hours ago, haleks said:

Also, new feature : killed people can resurrect as zombies. You can set it to "always" or "only when killed by a zombie"; it works on all units. Shooting someone in the head - even if he's dead already - will prevent him from turning.

Have fun guys!

How does this affect gear on the ressurecting AI?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CrazyCorky said:

How does this affect gear on the ressurecting AI?

They keep their gear - except for the weapon they were using when killed - I'll try to solve that in another update.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, haleks said:

Shooting someone in the head - even if he's dead already - will prevent him from turning.

Never before has the second rule been so important.

Cool new feature, haleks. Thanks for the update.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2