Note: There's a large ArmA update today. The 1.86 update adds the ADR-97 weapons pack, makes changes to multiplayer security and adds the Warlords multiplayer mode. There might be some mission-breaking changes.

Release notes here: https://dev.arma3.com/post/spotrep-00082

• Thanks 3

Just wanted to drop by and say thanks to @haleks and everyone who has contributed to this mod.

I'd played around with RAVAGE a couple of time in SP and this past weekend I threw together something simple for my unit to play, and wow we had a great time.
We started with 2 pilots armed with signal flare guns, 2 police officers with Protector 9mm's and pistols, 4 aid workers (medics) with no guns just a satchel of 10 first aid kits, and 4 engineers with toolkits (the next night I had to add 4 scientists with geiger counters due to the extra players :)

We had a great time with mostly vanilla gear.

Now I'm working on something a little more complicated on Chernarus Redux using I44 gear and really excited to see how it plays out.

Thanks again to everyone who's contributed for all the work they've put into this amazing addon. To be honest we're normally a "milsim lite" group, but I can see RAVAGE getting a fair old run on our server in the future. :)

• Like 5

On 3.12.2018 at 6:05 PM, kodabar said:

Note: There's a large ArmA update today. The 1.86 update adds the ADR-97 weapons pack, makes changes to multiplayer security and adds the Warlords multiplayer mode. There might be some mission-breaking changes.

Release notes here: https://dev.arma3.com/post/spotrep-00082

broke my scripts indeed XD

• Sad 1

Quick question, what exactly gets saved with the MP save system?
I'm assuming just location and gear?

hi all, 

ive updated my dynamic spawn scripts and since it adds a ravage specific infection "system" i wanted to share it here.

enjoy, and if you end up using the scripts, please let me know what you like and dislike.

all features are descriped in below post.

cheers

vd

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

17 minutes ago, Vandeanson said:

updated

Vandeanson you are doing just great !

You have turn all these scripts to a serious must have project !

Keep up the good job ! :thumb:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi all, Love the mod.

I don't want to flog a dead horse here and I know its been asked a few times but maybe someone has gotten onto a way to do it.

Zombies Spawn and Blacklisting works perfect with the exception that the blacklist areas have to be quite large to stop zombies from roaming into a safe zone.

I have Safe Zones setup to stop AI from entering the safe areas but regardless of whether its on delete or retreat they still come to the area.

My module is setup to no side owns the area because its only for players, Ithink I have that reasoning right.

Is anyone else experiencing an issue with them either deleting or retreating?

I do see it work from time to time so I suspect the repeatable trigger may need to be on a loop or timer to run every 30 secs or whatever so it resets the trigger.

Thanks in advance

3 hours ago, webbie. said:

Hi all, Love the mod.

I don't want to flog a dead horse here and I know its been asked a few times but maybe someone has gotten onto a way to do it.

Zombies Spawn and Blacklisting works perfect with the exception that the blacklist areas have to be quite large to stop zombies from roaming into a safe zone.

I have Safe Zones setup to stop AI from entering the safe areas but regardless of whether its on delete or retreat they still come to the area.

My module is setup to no side owns the area because its only for players, Ithink I have that reasoning right.

Is anyone else experiencing an issue with them either deleting or retreating?

I do see it work from time to time so I suspect the repeatable trigger may need to be on a loop or timer to run every 30 secs or whatever so it resets the trigger.

Thanks in advance

Im pretty sure you have to choose a faction/side for it to work properly it can be kinda tricky though if your using multiple factions for players.

• Like 1

HI VD

I'm having a problem with your new scripts that I replaced with my older ones (BC, HO, CS, SW, Horse spawner). They don't seem to be showing up at all in the zeus editor both in SP and MP for my mission.

I replaced all essential files including the vd settings and vd init but still the same issue. 

@Vandeanson and @George Floros You have made really nice script for ravage mode.

I have an idea, i can make it work by tinkering in the editor with trigger an vanilla feature but i didn't have enough knowledge in coding to write a nice script.

So im able to make a base building, by gathering vanilla construction object (i can move it and load in vehicle with R3F log) or empty can ;)...

For example if you transport one of this object at pyrgos quarry, trigger detest the object, delete it and that give ticket and you are able to build different strucuture (with different ticket price).

My problem its the ticket are for a whole side.... and there no protection for negative number so if i got 10 ticket and i want to build something that cost 20 im able to pop it but its an and game (fail cause 0 ticket).

I didn't require help but share an idea if you want to create a script like this, i can send you all the asset than can be moved and loaded via the R3F log script.

I want to add moveable object can be added in the r3f script here :

R3F_LOG\addons_config\A3_vanilla

Or i got an other exemple that im able to do (always by tinkering in editor) by doing quest, but its static...

For exemple i create a quest where the player need to clear an area (infected or human AI in a forest camp) once the area is cleared its populated by NPC, and the player can do repetitive quest for exemple clear an area in the forest, when the area is clear that will pop a timber pile, the timber pile can be  transported to a lumber mill to create a stack of wood, the stack of wood can be transported to a factory to create different object....

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lv1234 said:

HI VD

I'm having a problem with your new scripts that I replaced with my older ones (BC, HO, CS, SW, Horse spawner). They don't seem to be showing up at all in the zeus editor both in SP and MP for my mission.

I replaced all essential files including the vd settings and vd init but still the same issue. 

hoihoi

ill post a reply in the script pack thread;)

@damsous

hi man,

thanks for sharing your ideas;)

i have various features planned that get close or very close to what you describe.

bear with me but with time i should be able to release one after the other.

a basebuilding system is in work. there are quite some challenges but i am progressig;)

not sure what you mean by Tickets, but what i have is a ressource gather and refining system per player and these ressources are then used for crafting stuff. e.g. chopp down a tree using an axe (required), chopp off wooden logs, gather the logs, saw the logs into wooden boards and then use wooden boards and nails to craft e.g. a wooden fence.

the wood logs or wooden boards are currently not inventory items but just variables. (e.g. an HUD that says +2 Wood, or something like that.)

the NPC handing out tasks will be part of my trader camp, the scavenger feature (no WIP yet) or the task system (early WIP).

George however already has a mission creation script up and running fyi

cheers

vd

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Donnie_Plays said:

Has anyone had issues with AI spawning without clothes ever since the last Arma patch?

how do you spawn/equip your AI?

i have had no issues with my way after the patch.

4 hours ago, Donnie_Plays said:

Has anyone had issues with AI spawning without clothes ever since the last Arma patch?

I know there was few mode with this issue on dedicated server, few faction from project opfor.

I never see that on singleplayer.

I just figured it out. In one of the modules I set Arma 3 content to "Limited" and that caused the problem.

Hello guys,

I was trying to put down the "Radioactive Zone" module and create specific areas that is hurtful without gasmask(?) as you get tasks to destroy a few things on an island, and the idea was that you need to find explosives and protective gear to go into these areas and maybe share what you have between your buddies (explosives and protective gear for the radiation) and send him in while you guard. When i place that module down though it doesnt do anything to your health or any indication at all that you are in a dangerous radioactive area. Was this module messed up in the big arma update or is it me not knowing how to use it properly? I tried to read what i could find but didnt see anything specific. All other modules seem to work.

Thank you for a great effort with this mod.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AlexD1 said:

"Radioactive Zone" module and create specific areas that is hurtful without gasmask(?)

I would recommend using the @jshock mod “Contamination area” it requires the player to use protective gear/clothing in areas you specify, and gear/clothing you specify as well. If you don’t want to add a mod there are tons of scripts that you can also do this with. Good luck! And welcome to the forums! :)

@AlexD1 I apologize as I didn’t read your full comment, the Radiation modules in the ravage mod do in fact add in radioactive zones, though these zones don’t do harm directly to the player. It’s more of an added damage system, and you accumulate “radiation points” that once they go up (I believe to 30) you will get radiation poisoning and your health will slowly deteriorate, along with other nasty and harmful effects vision going “static” food and water also drop faster than usual. So radiation may not damage you directly, but it does in the long run... hope this helps! :)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, AlexD1 said:

or any indication at all that you are in a dangerous radioactive area

You need a geiger item in your inventory, double click on it and you will ear a sound when you are in a radioactive area, at the right bottom of you screen there is info about the radiation if the geiger is activated.

But the protective gear do not protect you at 100% that reduce radiation, you need protective gear+antirad pills if you want stay in a radioactive area for a long time.

• Like 1

I have build 3 faction dedicated to ravage mod using few mod i was able to find on the workshop.

This faction pack is compatible with Alive profile system to be able to make more dynamic AI.

I was building that to make a persistent ravage scenario but my project is on standby for the moment so i uploaded this on the workshop if someone want to use it.

Here the workshop link with the faction description.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1588591884

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 12/11/2018 at 1:20 PM, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

@AlexD1 I apologize as I didn’t read your full comment, the Radiation modules in the ravage mod do in fact add in radioactive zones, though these zones don’t do harm directly to the player. It’s more of an added damage system, and you accumulate “radiation points” that once they go up (I believe to 30) you will get radiation poisoning and your health will slowly deteriorate, along with other nasty and harmful effects vision going “static” food and water also drop faster than usual. So radiation may not damage you directly, but it does in the long run... hope this helps! :)

Ah ok. I really wanted my MP mission to be about some silos with a chemical the government had placed around the island that the players have to destroy in order to get a ride home again, and i wanted the player to have to survive and look for the protective clothing as well as explosives (and food/water to stay alive during that time), and i wanted the silos to have areas around them with dangerous "gas" so you have to share the stuff you find and decide who goes into the area while the others defend that player as they set the bomb. :) I have a full backstory and i managed to learn again how to drop in the tasks. Now i just need to learn how to make a more eloquent briefing with loading image and some stuff to make it look more professional. Its really fun already as i hand placed a lot of items and really worked to make it look awesome. Faster time as well so you play day and night cycles during a play through (not too fast. Maybe an hour of both) since night time with just a flashlight AND zombies is a great combo, hehehe.

I will check the specific scripts some people linked here to get dangerous zones. Actually all i would need to learn is how to make an area gradually lower your health with some kind of effect on screen, and have an item such as RAVAGE gasmask to negate that effect... Then with some editor trickery like green light and some mist on the ground i could create the illusion of some nasty gas in the area. Pop some horde of zombies close to the silos and BAM! :D

• Like 1

Try using injured Ai mod with ravage ! Zombi s will attack from supine like animals!

and sometimes they drag injured ai soldiers to a corner , to finish them off ! Looks cool.

where in Ryan’s zombies the injured mechanic doesn’t work as well?♿️

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CHICKENLICKEN said:

Try using injured Ai mod with ravage !

[...]

and sometimes they drag injured ai soldiers to a corner , to finish them off ! Looks cool.

where in Ryan’s zombies the injured mechanic doesn’t work as well?♿️

Wait, what? ohmy2.png

Interesting, the effects of that script on the zombies - I'll have to check it out.

Regarding the difference between Ravage zombies and Ryan's : eventhough they don't have guns, Zombies in Ravage cause damage like any other AI - with a (special) projectile.

That allows for the usual hit/damage handling eventhandlers to kick in, as well as scripts using said eventhandlers.

Ryan's use another method I reckon : damage are applied directly via scripted commands wich doesn't trigger EHs. As a result, it's much more difficult to detect if an AI has been injured.