2 hours ago, lv1234 said:

"infantry respawn" markers for bluefor only

Because i am confused is this your mission and are you using the 3d editor stuff for respawn ?

1 hour ago, LSValmont said:

is there any way of only using the weapons an/or uniforms files from @IFA3_AIO_LITE and still have it working with Ravage?

You can check my new mod or script , GF Set Custom Loadout  :

Spoiler

13 minutes ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

Because i am confused is this your mission and are you using the 3d editor stuff for respawn ?

yes it is

In terms for the respawn, i am using the 3d editor for the respawns (infantry_respawns located in the marker section)

add an :

onPlayerRespawn.sqf

paste :

i 'm adding some examples ,

place empty markers and edit the marker names.

//	This is an example :
//________________ The Spawn position of the mission	________________

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
/*
//	1.For test purpose
//	GF_Missions_pos = getPos player;    

//  2.For total random location		
//	GF_Missions_pos = [] call BIS_fnc_randomPos; 

//	3.Create a Marker if you want a certain location 
//	GF_Missions_pos = getmarkerPos "MarkerName_1"; 

//	4.Select a random marker , copy this inside the mission that you want to suffle the markers 
	_Marker_array =selectRandom[    
            "MarkerName_1",        
            "MarkerName_2",
			"MarkerName_3"			
            ];			
//	GF_Missions_pos = getmarkerPos _Marker_array;
*/

"MarkerName_1",        
"MarkerName_2",
"MarkerName_3"			
];			
GF_Missions_pos = getmarkerPos _Marker_array;

player setposATL GF_Missions_pos;

If this is not helping you post the files.

16 minutes ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

You can check my new mod or script , GF Set Custom Loadout  :

So I can just delete all the IRON FRONT LITE content related to terrains and vehicles, just leave the weapons/uniforms PBO's inside the Addons folder and then force them in Ravage with GF Set Custom Loadout?

Because my objective here is getting rid of all the unused files inside the IRON FRONT mod folder and just leave the basic minimal content so that Ravage can pick it up for populating the world with weapons and such.

I tried just deleting the PBOs already but then IRON FRONT was no longer recognized by Ravage so no WW2 weapons appeared in my server. 

God I would love an RAVAGE community content mini mod that would just include the assets Ravage uses from other mods. That would save me like 20GB of hard drive and a few FPSs in the process.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

add an :

onPlayerRespawn.sqf

paste :

i 'm adding some examples ,

place empty markers and edit the marker names.

//	This is an example :
//________________ The Spawn position of the mission	________________

/*
//	1.For test purpose
//	GF_Missions_pos = getPos player;    

//  2.For total random location		
//	GF_Missions_pos = [] call BIS_fnc_randomPos; 

//	3.Create a Marker if you want a certain location 
//	GF_Missions_pos = getmarkerPos "MarkerName_1"; 

//	4.Select a random marker , copy this inside the mission that you want to suffle the markers 
            "MarkerName_1",        
            "MarkerName_2",
			"MarkerName_3"			
            ];			
//	GF_Missions_pos = getmarkerPos _Marker_array;
*/

"MarkerName_1",        
"MarkerName_2",
"MarkerName_3"			
];			
GF_Missions_pos = getmarkerPos _Marker_array;

player setposATL GF_Missions_pos;

If this is not helping you post the files.

So this is only for the starting respawn positions for the player? or are those points for those starting the mission and when they die in MP?

4 hours ago, lv1234 said:

There's no coding, the only thing i have on my respawn in terms of coding is halek's random loadout everytime the player spawns

I'm just using the respawns based on the "infantry respawn" markers for bluefor only

i think using the modules will not allow you to to spawn ppl at random (game chooses respawn pos), for me it never worked.

i would try:

place one infantry bluefor respawn marker but allow the option to select the respawn.

then create the following:

player setpos selectrandom ["respawnMrkr_1","respawnMrkr_2",....];

and place this code in a file onplayerrespawn.sqf.

execvm "onplayerrespawn.sqf"; from initplayerlocal.sqf

place the markers from the above array on your map.

just as an idea. i use a similar method with a respawn in the middle of the map and as soon as i spawn there i find a safe pos via bis_fnc_findsafepos in a large area around that respawn point. and move the player there.

the advantage is that each respawn is completely new and random.

in case you wish to allow players to place respawn tents from ravage later in the game, you would need some changes to this, but it is doable. e.g. the pos finder is only excecuted if you spawn at the first respawn point e.g. "if (player distance respawnpoint1 < 2) then {code to find safe pos and move player there};, but not if you select to respawn on any of the respawn tents placed later.

if that is what you need i am happy to pit together a script.

Edited by Vandeanson
EDIT oops i started drafting this few hours ago and didnt notice that this was probably already answered meanwhile:))
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, lv1234 said:

BTW guys, finally uploaded my tanoa scenario on Bohemia forums (originally on steam)!

Well done lv1234 !     :wiggle:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi all, 

New to the forums and Ravage mod, 

I need some help, 

I am trying to create a Safe Zone for a single player mission.

I have tried the SafeZone module but it does not work to delete the Zombies entering or making them retreat.

I also tried some triggers, which work on a single placed zombie, but not on the dynamically spawned zombies.

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction to either delete Zombies trying to enter a specific area, or get them to retreat or mill around outside the area.

Any help appreciated!

Also, great mod, thanks @Haleks, 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, YakBallz said:

I also tried some triggers, which work on a single placed zombie, but not on the dynamically spawned zombies.

This trigger method should still work for dynamically spawned Zeds...

J47N12U.jpg

...and here's a video interpretation of the trigger method...

Welcome to the forum man! :drinking2:

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, EO said:

This trigger method should still work for dynamically spawned Zeds...

J47N12U.jpg

...and here's a video interpretation of the trigger method...

Welcome to the forum man! :drinking2:

thank you, i was looking for smth like that to build into some scripts:)

3 hours ago, YakBallz said:

Thanks EO, ill give it a go, much appreciated, 

searched so much for a solution!

45 minutes ago, Vandeanson said:

thank you, i was looking for smth like that to build into some scripts:)

Bare in mind that solution was tried and tested over 18 months ago with many updates to both A3 and Ravage since then, it's probably worth a wee retest just to make sure it still works...  

So, guys... what would you say about a change of scenery?

Or rather, a scenery that changes with each new game?

Spoiler

2FE3946B4E888841CE209BA58020913ED9AD1122

79DED5F07665725CBE3F19027EDDCF994BC9CD91

B94F23B2329F5B5999F8E5BF8AD0F7615BB3EC68

855D95F173B13B79E533C0069067FE10BBA26B71

0F14037599DC79E6CD797E67F1FB13642A453535

What you are looking at is pre-made towns (for now those are taken from vanilla maps) randomly placed on an empty terrain - N'Djenahoud in this case - to form a bigger city accross the map.

The idea is to populate any empty terrain with a big, abandonned city spreading hundreds of kilometers wide. Its configuration would change with each new playthrough, forcing players to remain prudent in their explorations.

Further down the line, this could give birth to some kind of "rogue survival" game, something for players to enjoy survival without the boredom of wandering in a much too familiar landscape...

Now... I'm posting this in the Ravage thread, although it's not necessarily a Ravage project : it will be compatible, but in the end, chances are I'm going to use it first on either F3llout or another stand-alone project.

All very much WIP, but I'd like to hear your thoughts. ;)

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

@haleks

i reeeeaaaally like the idea...

will you open a thread and comment on progress and stuff? I would be interessted to follow the development!

also whats the deal with the f3llout project? fallout in arma:)?

• Like 1

M. Haleks,

I think it's a fascinating concept, and it kind of boggles my mind how you even came up with the idea, let alone worked out the code.  I think most Ravage players might agree that the majority of the action takes place in cities/towns, so this would essentially eliminate the need for so much travelling around a pre-made terrain by "bringing the city to you". Here are just a couple initial thoughts/impressions:

1. How would a map like this effect performance? I have no knowledge in how to properly assess these sorts of things, but I'd be concerned that it might squash underpowered systems. 

2. I'm sure you've already considered this, but the addition/inclusion of trash, wrecks, and rubble would add a lot to the immersion.  I've been to ancient ruins that have been engulfed by desert sands, so the absence of streets isn't that far-fetched, especially if the setting is meant to be a few hundred years in the future. Having some remnants of human existence would just make things more interesting.

3. Would the entire map be city/urban?  My own personal Ravage play-style sees me staying mobile until I've accumulated enough kit to establish a patrol base/laager in some quiet little corner of the map. If the entire map is built-up, the threat level would be much more elevated and constant, which might preclude this kind of play-style. Not that that would be a bad thing, necessarily; it can also be fun to have to learn and adapt. Just something that came to mind.

Cheers, and thanks for all of your great work. I've enjoyed countless hours of entertainment from Ravage, and your time and effort are greatly appreciated.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Vandeanson said:

@haleks

i reeeeaaaally like the idea...

will you open a thread and comment on progress and stuff? I would be interessted to follow the development!

also whats the deal with the f3llout project? fallout in arma:)?

Maybe, although at the moment I'm not sure what form it will take : I could keep it 100% scripted, but the addon solution also brings more possibilities.

Once I have a clearer picture I'll be happy to share the progress on this thing! Until then I will probably keep teasing here. ;)

And I'm talking about that F3llout project :

It's almost ready for a test release set on Altis - but only the free-roaming part is playable right now.

34 minutes ago, sentinel329 said:

M. Haleks,

I think it's a fascinating concept, and it kind of boggles my mind how you even came up with the idea, let alone worked out the code.  I think most Ravage players might agree that the majority of the action takes place in cities/towns, so this would essentially eliminate the need for so much travelling around a pre-made terrain by "bringing the city to you". Here are just a couple initial thoughts/impressions:

1. How would a map like this effect performance? I have no knowledge in how to properly assess these sorts of things, but I'd be concerned that it might squash underpowered systems. 

2. I'm sure you've already considered this, but the addition/inclusion of trash, wrecks, and rubble would add a lot to the immersion.  I've been to ancient ruins that have been engulfed by desert sands, so the absence of streets isn't that far-fetched, especially if the setting is meant to be a few hundred years in the future. Having some remnants of human existence would just make things more interesting.

3. Would the entire map be city/urban?  My own personal Ravage play-style sees me staying mobile until I've accumulated enough kit to establish a patrol base/laager in some quiet little corner of the map. If the entire map is built-up, the threat level would be much more elevated and constant, which might preclude this kind of play-style. Not that that would be a bad thing, necessarily; it can also be fun to have to learn and adapt. Just something that came to mind.

Cheers, and thanks for all of your great work. I've enjoyed countless hours of entertainment from Ravage, and your time and effort are greatly appreciated.

1 :

So far I've mapped most locations from Tanoa - that's about 8000 structures being dynamically spawned and cached as the player moves around. The spawn distance is based on the objectViewDistance (for now), so performances should be "as usual". I don't see any degradation, but then again I'm at the very beginning... We'll see how it goes when I'm close to cover that 400 km² map.

The number of structures to be handled will also vary depending on the city configuration, plus the way I filter what object to grab and use when mapping locations is subject to changes. Potentially it could be 20, 30.000+ objects to handle.

2 :

Oh yes, it is planned indeed. I'm focussed on getting the city generation and structures positionning right for now; wrecks, debris and maybe (half-burried) roads are next on the list.

3 :

The plan is : the closer you get to the center of the map, the more packed and dense it will be.

The edges of the map should be pretty wild, with a few villages or military installations here and there. If I go with the addon solution, I could go further and make it configurable like it's done in Ravage.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

We've been talking about this some time ago in RAVAGE Dev & Testers Group and I'm really really happy that after all those years with RAVAGE dev, you keep going and going and going to provide new content.   Generated cities, eventually in an easy-to-use addon with the familiar drop down menus...

You'll further empower the average ARMA user to build challenging and interesting missions with an excellent editing to playtime ratio with that kind of random city/structure generating - BIG THX for the idea and for sharing the progress!

• Like 5

Is the asr ai mod the best ai mod to use with ravage in MP and SP? Are there better options out there?

• Like 1

@haleks is it possible to set cleanup to "no" in ravage module and run cleanup e.g. by radio 0-0-0?

What is the function I should use? Does RVG cleanup system include objects spawned by @GEORGE FLOROS GR drop script?

I play some edited mission from others.I killed raiders squad, then I looted 2 guys and others 2 disappeared. Could it be your cleanup system, or this is caused by something else?

My settings in Eden editor is here

THX for help.

Edit: Minimal distance is set to "0". And regime (maybe manner) is set to "NONE".

1 hour ago, lv1234 said:

Is the asr ai mod the best ai mod to use with ravage in MP and SP? Are there better options out there?

I would Try VCOM AI or the Fire Fight Improvement mod as I feel they are a bit better. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=721359761  http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22096 also another set of decent mods to try are the CF Woodland and or CF Better AI Mod both the CF mods have some kind of effect on AI vision or hearing depending on Terrain/amount of foliage and or how fast/loud the player is. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1426365172  https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1415343823 just make sure if your using VCOM AI that you disable AI ability to steal vehicles as they will try to steal wrecks that cannot be driven.

Anyone know how to add certain items like backpacks to the loot pool in the mod? Planning to add respawn camps that can possible be found when looting.

@EO 

The trigger you suggested still works, 

it is all good when I spawn in the trigger area, no Zed spawns, when i spawn outside it and Zeds have spawned, then enter the trigger area, the Zeds can still enter the area.

I was hoping that there is a way to stop already spawned Zeds from entering once the trigger is activated?

@lv1234

Do you mean increase the Backpack spawn chance?

Backpacks are part of the loot pool, you can set the % chance of them to spawn in the Loot System Module