Just wanted to say hi to everyone. I have re-downloaded Arma 3. Fully plan to play and stream the newest version of Ravage when it comes out! Took a break... but have had that Arma itch lately.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Here's a bunch of screenshots showing the "Ravaged Gear" I've been working on the last few months, showing various headgear, facewear, vests and backpacks...

https://imgur.com/a/NBgTO11

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

16 hours ago, sammael said:

please don`t use over 100+ mods in your missions

Agreed, forgive my language but i f*cking hate that, a few mods like a map, and some other misc things to add to the atmosphere, or immersion or even objects for the mission is fine.

But then adding ace, cup, 200 other guns, 50 other uniforms, 20 different cars, 30 pairs of shoes, a sound mod, 14 different stupid hats you can wear, bumper stickers for your would be rusted

out piece of shit car you find with one door on it and with almost no gas,  is overkill.

Good missions imo utilize little to no mods, and have scripts that allow and add a majority of functions and features.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, BattleChief said:

The intro has zero scripting in regards to the SQF files,

To be honest i haven't understand what you are saying !  :scratchchin:

You want first to run the intro in your mission , and after this to run the other ravage code right?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BattleChief said:

Woah, wait a sec, I am a mod? This is...new

*EDIT*: Now that I know I am one, made a discussion for Ravage missions, incase someone uses the group discussions more than the forums

yep made you a moderator

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, EO said:

Here's a bunch of screenshots showing the "Ravaged Gear" I've been working on the last few months, showing various headgear, facewear, vests and backpacks...

Good work Man (:

• Thanks 1

Hi guys,

I'm asking for help..... I'm working on mission where I want add "recruit unit" action after you complete some task.

This is the default code from wiki:

this addaction ["Recruit Unit", "\ravage\actions\recruit.sqf","", 1, false, true, "", "alive _target && {group _target != group _this}"];
this addaction ["Dismiss Unit", "\ravage\actions\dismiss.sqf","", 1, false, true, "", "alive _target && {group _target == group _this}"];

Could it be something like that:

this addaction ["Recruit Unit", "\ravage\actions\recruit.sqf","", 1, false, true, "", "alive _target && {(group _target != group _this)&&(!alive _HVT)}"];

For example I want to make something like "I'll join you, but you must kill HVT", so you kill HVT, then when you get next to "taks guy" and voila! "Recruit unit" action appears.

2nd question:

Do you know how to stop ambient animation with condition? Injured guy lay on the ground you must find first aid kit and heal him, after that he should stand up and act like normal AI.

THX for help.

38 minutes ago, Hans(z) said:

Hi guys,

I'm asking for help..... I'm working on mission where I want add "recruit unit" action after you complete some task.

This is the default code from wiki:

this addaction ["Recruit Unit", "\ravage\actions\recruit.sqf","", 1, false, true, "", "alive _target && {group _target != group _this}"];
this addaction ["Dismiss Unit", "\ravage\actions\dismiss.sqf","", 1, false, true, "", "alive _target && {group _target == group _this}"];

Could it be something like that:

this addaction ["Recruit Unit", "\ravage\actions\recruit.sqf","", 1, false, true, "", "alive _target && {(group _target != group _this)&&(!alive _HVT)}"];

For example I want to make something like "I'll join you, but you must kill HVT", so you kill HVT, then when you get next to "taks guy" and voila! "Recruit unit" action appears.

2nd question:

Do you know how to stop ambient animation with condition? Injured guy lay on the ground you must find first aid kit and heal him, after that he should stand up and act like normal AI.

THX for help.

something like this might work in a trigger or in aI init field not quite sure.

Spoiler

0 = this spawn {waitUntil {behaviour _this == "combat"}; _this call BIS_fnc_ambientAnim__terminate;}

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Gill93 said:

something like this might work in a trigger or in aI init field not quite sure.

Hide contents

0 = this spawn {waitUntil {behaviour _this == "combat"}; _this call BIS_fnc_ambientAnim__terminate;}

THX for help!!! I tried that earlier, but I had bad syntax probably. Now it works

• Like 1

@haleksdo you know that function bellow equips units only with vanilla weapons?

0 = [this] call rvg_fnc_equip;

I'm not able to get another weapons from addons. I tried set vanila to "limited", RHS to "YES" and it didn't work. Same situation with custom weapon list... RHS was set to "equipment only" all other to "no" and vanilla to "limited" and I still got vanilla weapon.

43 minutes ago, Hans(z) said:

THX for help!!! I tried that earlier, but I had bad syntax probably. Now it works

Awesome (:

On 9/30/2018 at 1:24 AM, EO said:

Loving it! You always know just how to make it look worn, refurbished, and reusable..Keep up the good work! 

• Thanks 1

On 9/30/2018 at 3:36 AM, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

To be honest i haven't understand what you are saying !  :scratchchin:

You want first to run the intro in your mission , and after this to run the other ravage code right?

Yes, I want to run the Ravage code after the intro

11 hours ago, Hans(z) said:

@haleksdo you know that function bellow equips units only with vanilla weapons?

0 = [this] call rvg_fnc_equip;

I'm not able to get another weapons from addons. I tried set vanila to "limited", RHS to "YES" and it didn't work. Same situation with custom weapon list... RHS was set to "equipment only" all other to "no" and vanilla to "limited" and I still got vanilla weapon.

I have seen something similar in a problem I faced once..although you seem to have eliminated the problem by ticking everything else as "No"...It may not be of a lot of use, but if you tick "no" for everything you don't have, have RHS (if your using it) set to "Yes", and all other bits set to "No" in the equipment pool, it tends to drop more RHS weapons than vanilla

Now, the RHS equipment only, and Vanilla limited might be an issue, it moght have to be RHS to equipment only, and Vanilla to Allowed, with all others being "No"

At least that seems to be the outcome of all my mission starts, as I use a script that Jimmakos dropped me a while ago..and its my typical initplayerlocal.sqf file..minus a few changes here and there of course

if you run into a error code, feel free to mention it, maybe toss a screenshot up, I might have some knowledge on it..No guarantees, as I am not a great scripter, nor can I write/rewrite lines of code very well, and with how tired I am, I couldn't write a line to animate an ingame NPC!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BattleChief said:

I have seen something similar in a problem I faced once..although you seem to have eliminated the problem by ticking everything else as "No"...It may not be of a lot of use, but if you tick "no" for everything you don't have, have RHS (if your using it) set to "Yes", and all other bits set to "No" in the equipment pool, it tends to drop more RHS weapons than vanilla

Now, the RHS equipment only, and Vanilla limited might be an issue, it moght have to be RHS to equipment only, and Vanilla to Allowed, with all others being "No"

At least that seems to be the outcome of all my mission starts, as I use a script that Jimmakos dropped me a while ago..and its my typical initplayerlocal.sqf file..minus a few changes here and there of course

if you run into a error code, feel free to mention it, maybe toss a screenshot up, I might have some knowledge on it..No guarantees, as I am not a great scripter, nor can I write/rewrite lines of code very well, and with how tired I am, I couldn't write a line to animate an ingame NPC!

The main reason I want to get rid of vanila weapons is that I can change loadout for my character, but Im using bandit spawn script that uses rvg_func_equip...

So guy now I know why

rvg_fnc_equip;

didnt work for me....

The bandit script kick in right at the start of the mission, so simply all those RVG function dont have time to kick in (I think that there is small delay from the start for some function, right @haleks?).

For anyone who are using banditcamp script that in get from "The Broken" mission made by @MuRaZorWitchKING, you should paste

sleep 5;

before you initialize banditcamp.sqf.

How I can add sleep function to Units init line?

I tried:

sleep 5; 0 = [this] call rvg_fnc_equip;

but I get some error.

On 10/1/2018 at 9:13 AM, Hans(z) said:

"The Broken" mission made by @MuRaZorWitchKING, you should paste

I do in fact have sleeps in the scripts I use. But it's mainly for the temperature system, not sure what you're asking? 

On 1.10.2018 at 6:13 PM, Hans(z) said:

So guy now I know why

rvg_fnc_equip;

didnt work for me....

The bandit script kick in right at the start of the mission, so simply all those RVG function dont have time to kick in (I think that there is small delay from the start for some function, right @haleks?).

For anyone who are using banditcamp script that in get from "The Broken" mission made by @MuRaZorWitchKING, you should paste

sleep 5;

before you initialize banditcamp.sqf.

How I can add sleep function to Units init line?

I tried:

sleep 5; 0 = [this] call rvg_fnc_equip;

but I get some error.

in case you are refering to my bandit camp scripts (which are part of the mission) you can just delay the whole script in init.sqf as you suggested. it should not be needed to add further delays within the script.

note however that I have noticed issues when using the ravage equipper in my custom AI spawners (sometimes uniforms are not added) and i dont know what causes the issue.

if you want to use an own custom equippment script there is one in my script pack that you can use. however, you might want to wait until i have finished the automated weapon and equipment arrays in order to have all the gear from active mods considered.

if you want to add a delay to the spawning AI anyway you could just add it before the AI creation bit too. 

it would be something like :

sleep 5;

_bandits = createGroup east;

adding it as per your previous suggestion does not work as the sleep command does not work in some environements (afaik).

i hope hope i did not confuse more than help:))

• Like 1

@Vandeanson with your Bandit camp spawner, I have it as the first script activated on my scenarios with no faults (atleast I haven’t seen anything) Each time a bandit camp spawns all the units within it do in fact have full equipment. I also, however do have the “activation radius” from marker1 at I believe... 10,000M+ so the script is loaded in before you’re even at a camp. Not sure if this fixes the issue with them not spawning in with equipment but it sure works for me. Also, I should let you know I am still in fact using the first version you released to the forums, the one you helped me set up. Hope this helps in some sort of way! :rthumb:

• Like 1

@Vandeanson@MuRaZorWitchKING, script is good, but I had a problem with custom weapons system in Ravage equipment module. I think that ravage modules need a short time  to intitialize, in order to load your custom weapons classes, so if you want any unit ,spawned at the start of the mission, are equiped with only weapons you choose, you must delay a litte the  rvg_fnc_equip;. I managed to get everything OK by adding 5seconds sleep before banditcamp.sqf in init file.

Sorry my English is very simple :D

• Like 3

Hello fellas.

I have one problem.How can i delete backpack from traders?

Becuse players can farming money from backpack...still there is some weapon or ammo fo free..:/

Thx.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bomber Jack said:

Hello fellas.

Hello there Bomber Jack and welcome to BIS Forums !