1 hour ago, Donnie_Plays said:

......give players a view of reference to head to in the dark from the distance. 

In the meantime you could always use the Lamp Airport lights, they still work with Ravage loaded. Not as cool and immersive as a working lighthouse but they are just as tall.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gill93 said:

Generator_Lightswitch Script.

Hello there Gill93 !

When you  are pasting codes , it's better to do this using the   <>  code button like:

this call { _radiusLights = 3000; 

and if it's that big , you can use a spoiler and then the code .

*By the way the best solution would be , to implement this as an option , to a module of ravage , maybe in environment.

Thanks!

• Thanks 1

Hi @haleks

I'm finding bandit camps spawned using the rvg_fnc_spawnBanditCamp function (via trigger) don't engage with BLUFOR playable units, however they do engage with OPFOR playable units.

Does the function randomly spawn a different faction each time, or is it only BLUFOR/INDEP factions?

btw, very impressive subscriber numbers on Steam Workshop! :rthumb:

16 minutes ago, EO said:

Hi @haleks

I'm finding bandit camps spawned using the rvg_fnc_spawnBanditCamp function (via trigger) don't engage with BLUFOR playable units, however they do engage with OPFOR playable units.

Does the function randomly spawn a different faction each time, or is it only BLUFOR/INDEP factions?

Hi

The trigger spawn Indep faction

Maybe you forgot to set in the Editor, go to Attributes then General

The Indep need to be in war with Blufor

• Like 2

Thanks man, I'll give that a try. ^^  (I just assumed Bandit Camps would spawn bad guys (OPFOR).)

edit, @MisterOth, that worked a treat man, thanks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EO said:

Yeah, those numbers went up rather fast, thanks everyone for the warm welcome on the Workshop!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Ah the wonderful injured haze screen, spent many moments raging at that, Sunday Revive is a thing in my games haha.

Hi.

When I define weapon lists in the equipment module, it works for ai and it spawns in the loot table. But, I get a lot of default arma3 weapons and ammo in the loot as well.

This is only when I want to define all weapons, if just adding some to one of the preset mods, it works as expected.

Regards.

man I'd create animal models just for you to implement hunting to this gem If I could.

hunting for food would greatly improve this...wish I could make models but I cant.

someone should do proper animal models with skeleton and gibs and whatever is necessary. it is needed.

• Like 3

Hi, guys it's been a while

So far going back to my scenario that I created, does anyone know how to make wooden crates unlootable with the "search" function. I am placing "asthetic-style" crates down and don't want them to be looted.

Also does anyone know how to remove the "inventory" function from certain objects?

11 hours ago, lv1234 said:

Hi, guys it's been a while

So far going back to my scenario that I created, does anyone know how to make wooden crates unlootable with the "search" function. I am placing "asthetic-style" crates down and don't want them to be looted.

Also does anyone know how to remove the "inventory" function from certain objects?

you could try this on a delay https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/removeAllActions

or this. not sure which one is used https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BIS_fnc_holdActionRemove

2 hours ago, lv1234 said:

1. what would the wooden crate object be?

i don't understand your question. but after taking a quick look it seems like the action is on the player object itself. so you could modify the condition parameter of the action by running this code at mission start and after respawn (probably good idea).

(player actionparams 0) params ["_title", "_script", "_arguments", "_priority", "_showWindow", "_hideOnUse", "_shortcut", "_condition", "_radius", "_unconscious", "_textWindowBackground", "_textWindowForeground", "_selection"];

player removeAction 0;

_newcondition = _condition + "&& isNil {(rvg_lootTarget select 0) getVariable 'rvg_exclude_from_search'}";
player addaction [_title, _script, _arguments, _priority, _showWindow, _hideOnUse, _shortcut, _newcondition, _radius, _unconscious];

and then use this in the init field of objects you want to exclude from looting.

this setVariable ["rvg_exclude_from_search", true, true];

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, bad benson said:

i don't understand your question. but after taking a quick look it seems like the action is on the player object itself. so you could modify the condition parameter of the action by running this code at mission start and after respawn (probably good idea).

(player actionparams 0) params ["_title", "_script", "_arguments", "_priority", "_showWindow", "_hideOnUse", "_shortcut", "_condition", "_radius", "_unconscious", "_textWindowBackground", "_textWindowForeground", "_selection"];

player removeAction 0;

_newcondition = _condition + "&& isNil {(rvg_lootTarget select 0) getVariable 'rvg_exclude_from_search'}";
player addaction [_title, _script, _arguments, _priority, _showWindow, _hideOnUse, _shortcut, _newcondition, _radius, _unconscious];

and then use this in the init field of objects you want to exclude from looting.

this setVariable ["rvg_exclude_from_search", true, true];

So would this remove the search feature? how about the inventory?

Would I place this in the respawn.sqf? Would this apply to my "wooden crates" that i have placed down or would it apply to all?

Hey guys Ravage inspired me to build this here:

45A2CB620B8B448569363CFFB9BD5569F216B020

If u like it, i share this here:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

i looked every where trying to find a way to make any friendly on the map be recruit able. I tried the script code on the wiki and it didnt work, i kept getting errors. So i mixed a couple of other codes i had and came up with this

Recruit.sqf

["man", "init", {

_unit addAction ["Recruit Unit", "\ravage\actions\recruit.sqf",[_unit], 1, false, true, "", "alive _target && {group _target != group _this}"];

// _unit addAction ["Dismiss Unit", "\ravage\actions\dismiss.sqf",[_unit], 1, false, true, "", "alive _target && {group _target == group _this}"];

}, true, [], true] call CBA_fnc_addClassEventHandler;

this will make any friendly on the map be recruit able. The only problem i had was i had dismiss on my action menu all the time. So once you recruited someone you would get 2 dismiss options but only one would work. So i just commented that line out.

I put it in its own Recruit.sqf file and run it form my initServer.sqf with this command  execVM "Scripts\Recruit.sqf";

If there is a better way to do please let me know. This took me all night to get to work. its just gone past 1am so im off to bed. Hope otheres find this useful.

The Script Recruit code on the wiki doesnt work. well i couldnt get it to.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Chuc said:

i looked every where trying to find a way to make any friendly on the map be recruit able. I tried the script code on the wiki and it didnt work, i kept getting errors. So i mixed a couple of other codes i had and came up with this

Recruit.sqf

["man", "init", {

_unit addAction ["Recruit Unit", "\ravage\actions\recruit.sqf",[_unit], 1, false, true, "", "alive _target && {group _target != group _this}"];

// _unit addAction ["Dismiss Unit", "\ravage\actions\dismiss.sqf",[_unit], 1, false, true, "", "alive _target && {group _target == group _this}"];

}, true, [], true] call CBA_fnc_addClassEventHandler;

this will make any friendly on the map be recruit able. The only problem i had was i had dismiss on my action menu all the time. So once you recruited someone you would get 2 dismiss options but only one would work. So i just commented that line out.

I put it in its own Recruit.sqf file and run it form my initServer.sqf with this command  execVM "Scripts\Recruit.sqf";

If there is a better way to do please let me know. This took me all night to get to work. its just gone past 1am so im off to bed. Hope otheres find this useful.

The Script Recruit code on the wiki doesnt work. well i couldnt get it to.

Hi ! you can add this to the init of the Unit placed.

Spoiler

this addaction ["Recruit Unit", "\ravage\actions\recruit.sqf","", 1, false, true, "", "alive _target && {group _target != group _this}"];  this addaction ["Dismiss Unit", "\ravage\actions\dismiss.sqf","", 1, false, true, "", "alive _target && {group _target == group _this}"];

You can also learn some other small script here: http://ravage.wikia.com/wiki/Tools_for_Mission_Makers

About the dismiss action, I don't know how this work...

Edit: Maybe try only the first addaction about recruit and not the second one ??

Edit 2: Sorry I tought you were asking about a unit placed in editor or asking about spawned one ?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MisterOth said:

Hi ! you can add this to the init of the Unit placed.

Reveal hidden contents

this addaction ["Recruit Unit", "\ravage\actions\recruit.sqf","", 1, false, true, "", "alive _target && {group _target != group _this}"];  this addaction ["Dismiss Unit", "\ravage\actions\dismiss.sqf","", 1, false, true, "", "alive _target && {group _target == group _this}"];

You can also learn some other small script here: http://ravage.wikia.com/wiki/Tools_for_Mission_Makers

About the dismiss action, I don't know how this work...

Edit: Maybe try only the first addaction about recruit and not the second one ??

Edit 2: Sorry I tought you were asking about a unit placed in editor or asking about spawned one ?

i was just sharing how i got spawned npc's to have the recruit option. With what i posted any spawned friendly, not placed in the editor, will have the recruit option there. Was gonna do more testing with it today

• Like 1

how can i make cars spawned in be damaged by the vehicle module? 

Haleks, I'm running most of your modules for a "Savage" mission I like to do from time to time ( Ravage with out Zombies ).  The scenario is on Chenarus Redux, all is fine except from time to time I stumble onto a friggin zombie, serious!  

I had found several dead zeds along various roadways and thought "wtf that's odd" but carried on.  Then the other day I was clearing a town and heard that sound... that distinct zombie bellow, the hair on my neck stood up haha, I was slightly freaked out, so I ran around and located the little bugger in a church of all places.  

Just this morning I double checked my placed modules and there are no ambient/horde zombie modules or Ryans zombies, WF Thai zombies ...no zombies,  Crazy!

I wonder if TPW has something hidden on his CIVs haha, it'd be pretty easy for him to check map or modules and add to the mayhem.

It's no problem really and actually added some mystery to the scenario for me. Simply a curiosity.

@haleks Do you have any plans on making configureable bandit camps?

As of right now the code for Bandit camp triggers on the wiki spawns Independent side bandits, this messes with some missions, where for example the player is playing as the Independent side and the mission maker uses the OPFOR side as bandits and other sorts of hostile survivors and BLUFOR as another hostile side

I don't normally post my videos here, but I made an updated trailer for Ravage now that it's on the Steam Workshop and I'm quite pleased with it.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3