One small bug i encountered, i was able to scavenge vehicles from afar (like 10 meters, in SP), anyone can confirm, or is it just for me?

Is there a way to remove or restrict items that are available to buy at the traders? For example... if I just want the gear trader to sell two or three vests and backpacks of my choosing... etc?

Anyone knows how to make props and objects be lootable just like in the Altis Ravage scenario? I remember you could hold Enter to search piles of trash and etc. for minimal loot. 

2 hours ago, LukasGaming said:

Anyone knows how to make props and objects be lootable just like in the Altis Ravage scenario? I remember you could hold Enter to search piles of trash and etc. for minimal loot. 

If it's just for props and static objects...

Place down a Ravage Loot system module, set Structures and Ambient Furnitures to NO, then configure the Civilian, Military and Industrial loot spawn chances to suit your needs. ;-)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hey guys I just finished up another scenario if anyone is interested in trying it out any feedback or suggestions would be appreciated.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1382156370

The Chernarus Outbreak PVP is a 1-12 player survival scenario where players will face each other as either Blufor or Independent. Players will also encounter AI Raiders and Zombies more details and recommended mods are listed below.

In order to Prevent the Auto fueling feature at Fuel Pumps make sure to load the optional @Ravage_CUP located inside your Ravage Mod Folder.

ACEX Allows players to craft simple Fortifications for free with the Self Interaction Menu.

One of the first things players should do once in game is set the keys you want to use for the Ace Interaction menu and Self interaction Menu both of these are needed to perform the extra actions/functions that ace has included. I myself have the self interaction menu set to Shift + mouse wheel down and the Interaction menu set to Shift + Mouse wheel up all Ace3 features can be adjusted through settings then addon options and or Configure Addons. Here is a link to the Default ACE3 Shortcuts https://ace3mod.com/wiki/user/shortcuts.html.

Main Features
1.Roaming Opfor Raiders and Drones. 
2.Roaming zombies both Walkers & Runners.
3.Random AI Patrol Vehicles.
4. Roaming Renegade Civilians Hostile to All.
5.Parachuting AI at Military Airfields (Respawnable)
6.Respawning Vehicles including Helicopters and Planes. 
7.Trader zones for both Player Factions.
8.Radioactive Zones, Water and Rain.
9.Dynamic Weather with Day&Night Cycle.
10.Melee system allowing players to use their fists.
11.Zombies drop basic loot including banknotes.
12.Random Staring gear from start and after death.
13.Random supply drops and Helicopter Crash sites with loot.
14.Custom trader/script with paycheck system (one custom trader at each zone) 
15.Custom loot script allowing weapons and gear to spawn on the ground in cities such as Cherno and Elektro

Custom Trader script includes its own Digital Currency with a player paycheck system. Player will be able to give others cash with the action menu and are able to check how much cash you have at the Trader itself a message will apear on screen when playere recieves a paycheck. The Digital currency can only be used at the custom trader not the Ravage Traders.

ACE3 Features
1. Ace3 Advanced Ballistics with simplified scope Zeroing.
2. Ace3 Lock system players will need to find or buy a lockpick to open Vehicles.
3. Advanced Fatigue with faster Recovery time.
4. Advanced Medical with Revive for Players and AI (Medical level set to Advanced)
5. 50/50 chance for AI to go Uncon.
6. Advanced Wounds allows the reopening of injuries.
6. Medical Facilites added to map for performing Surgery these locations also boost players medical level 

Scripted Features
1.ETG Heli Crash and Supply drop created by Kellojoe. Supply Drops will be marked on map.
2.Zombie Loot Script created by George Floros GR.
3.Simple Shop script Created by hoverguy. shop includes Weapons,Items,Attachments,Ammo
4. Ground Loot Script Created by bangabob. Loot marker covers lower half of the map.

Fuel Consumption Script link http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=31769. or players can load the fox fuel mod from the steam workshop. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1369027575

Required Mods
1.Ravage Mod
2.Ravage_CUP
3.CBA
4.ACE3
5.ACEX
6.CUP Terrain Core
7.Chernarus Redux
8.CUP Weapons
9.CUP Units.
10.HZ Dynamic AI Spawner

Optional Mods
1. Enhanced Movement
2. Enhanced Inventory Mod
3. Fuel script or Mod available on workshop and Armaholic (links above)
4. dzn Extended Jamming (adds to ACE3 features.)
5. RHS Mods.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi guys,

can someone suggest me how I can add rifle with attachments to weapon module? For example I want some bandits will be spawned with bolt action rifle with optics (or supressor) attached. Those who play with RHS know that SBR mosin is useless without colimator or scope.

1 hour ago, Gill93 said:

4. Ground Loot Script Created by bangabob.

Well done Gill93 with the mission !

( You should create also a thread with your new mission here !  - in BIS forum-)

I have create a script for the loot in order to have more options , ( not just the posted code here ) if you want to check :

I notice that you are using the Loot script from bangabob .

I 'm using also this script and i have include the whole loot list for Ravage / Vanilla / CUP and Unsung mod.

For anyone who is interested can grab this from my Salvation mission files.

Thanks !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hans(z) said:

Hi guys,

can someone suggest me how I can add rifle with attachments to weapon module? For example I want some bandits will be spawned with bolt action rifle with optics (or supressor) attached. Those who play with RHS know that SBR mosin is useless without colimator or scope.

you will need the classname of the rifle/attachment combo that you want to add for example "srifle_DMR_01_DMS_F" this will spawn a Rahim 7.62mm with a DMS Scope and this will spawn a Rahim with a suppressor and DMS scope "srifle_DMR_01_DMS_snds_F". Once you have the classnames you will want to paste it into one of the three sections inside the Equipment Pool module Common,Military,Rare. Hopefully that helped a bit. (:

• Like 3

Just wanted to share this here too. Ive made a new survival mission with inspiration by Haleks "Tales from nowhere Episode2: 2047".U can download it directy from Dropbox or Steam.

You can also play the mission on my server if u like, here the IP address:

Spoiler

85.190.171.94:2302

NO PASSWORT

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Gill93 said:

you will need the classname of the rifle/attachment combo that you want to add for example "srifle_DMR_01_DMS_F" this will spawn a Rahim 7.62mm with a DMS Scope and this will spawn a Rahim with a suppressor and DMS scope "srifle_DMR_01_DMS_snds_F". Once you have the classnames you will want to paste it into one of the three sections inside the Equipment Pool module Common,Military,Rare. Hopefully that helped a bit. (:

Thanks, I already know that, but what about weapon mods (Breaking Point weapons mod to be specific), if they don't have "srifle_DMR_01_DMS_snds_F" kind of classes, how can I do it on my own? New addon where I make some presets?

Hi everyone,

Ravage has been updated to version 0.1.57.

Changelog :

Tweaked :
Tweaked Zed deletion timers to avoid unwanted behaviour on teamSwitch.
Removed AT cars from default patrols.
Weapons traders were added back to default shopTypes.
More tweaks to vegetation clutter.

Fixed :
Zeus players are now excluded from the MP save system.
Fixed an exploit with weapons traders.

I've also added a couple intro scenes to Altis for the main menu. ;)

See the OP for the download links.

Have fun!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 5

23 minutes ago, haleks said:

Fixed an exploit with weapons traders.

Very very nice!

9 hours ago, Hans(z) said:

Thanks, I already know that, but what about weapon mods (Breaking Point weapons mod to be specific), if they don't have "srifle_DMR_01_DMS_snds_F" kind of classes, how can I do it on my own? New addon where I make some presets?

That's how I do it. And there's a mod that already has the basic template for it...All you have yo do is fill/replace what you want and make it a mod.

Armaholic or Workshop

• Like 4

Does anyone know how to set up a campfire and cook food? I still don't understand how you're supposed to make a campfire. Also if I spawn a burning one from the zeus menu I still can't cook raw meat.

Edit: I also noticed random patrols on the map seem to stay in place inside their vehicle upon spawn, since it's damaged and undrivable. What options in the vehicles module disable this and let the patrols roam around the map with vehicles in good condition?

2nd Edit: Spent like 20 minutes trying to figure the campfire thing out and I actually did. Still, I need some help with the patrolling AI

Hey there, is it possible to call the UAV function on a K40 Ababil-3 for example just to set it roaming around on a mission?

I am having a problem adding custom vehicles and guns. I keep getting errors

This is in AI module

[I_APC_Wheeled_03_cannon_F ,O_Heli_Light_02_v2_F ]

This is in vehicle module

[B_Heli_Light_01_F,B_APC_Tracked_01_CRV_F,B_Quadbike_01_F,B_Truck_01_ammo_F,B_Truck_01_ammo_F,B_Truck_01_medical_F,B_UGV_01_rcws_F,B_Heli_Transport_03_F,B_T_LSV_01_armed_F,B_Heli_Attack_01_F]

this is in equip pool module

common [hgun_Pistol_heavy_01_MRD_F arifle_MX_RCO_pointer_snds_F]

military  [srifle_GM6_LRPS_F,srifle_EBR_ARCO_pointer_snds_F]

rare  [srifle_LRR_LRPS_F]

launchers [launch_I_Titan_short_F][launch_I_Titan_short_F]

I seem to be getting errors on everything when I play in editor. When I played the game I couldn't find any vehicles. The error is undefined variable in expression

Solved the issue.... I was missing   ""

On 5/6/2018 at 2:02 AM, haleks said:

I haven't implemented them yet, no... :/

But worry not, I don't want them to go to waste, and will add them as soon as I can find the time to sit down and modify the code for it.

Thanks Haleks, I tried to make them interesting, and I tried to fill in some gaps left behind in the original building compositions, such as the damaged or abandoned buildings...its so they see some use and so you gotta search every building instead of picking out the ones that only have items

• Like 1

On 5/9/2018 at 10:03 AM, haleks said:

For that you need to place the equipment pool module, and set it so it doesn't spawn any weapon from the supported mods (RHS, warfareThai, CUP and IFA3).

Then you can use the custom weapons fields to define your own array of weapons for various "grades".

I would need to take a look at the script to give you a definitive answer; but yes it would most likely require some fiddling since it's not using any vanilla system.

Ravage relies on getUnitLoadout to save players gear, so unless the author found a way to actually assign a weapon to the launcher slot, it won't save that.

But before considering that, I suggest making sure those duplicated actions are fixed, otherwise it's bound to cause more and more problems with persistency.

Actually, if VCOM only affects vanilla factions, that means none of the units spawned by Ravage (zeds or AI) are affected - they all have custom factions.

Here are the AI factions used by Ravage if anyone needs them to add support :

class SURVIVOR_blue_Faction {
	displayName = "Survivors";
	side = 1;
};
class SURVIVOR_green_Faction {
	side = 2;
};
class SURVIVOR_red_Faction {
	side = 0;
};
class RENEGADE_Faction {
	displayName = "Renegades";
	side = 3;//5 once ingame
};
class RAIDER_green_Faction {
	displayName = "Bandits";
	side = 2;
};
class RAIDER_red_Faction {
	displayName = "Bandits";
	side = 0;
};
class RAIDER_blue_Faction {
	displayName = "Bandits";
	side = 1;
};

Hey thanks for the response! Ended up learning the veteran mod items needed more than just their weapons and required the equipment and gear as wel. Any idea on how to add that if not the same as weapons? Also any chance we will get the ability to add multiple attachments onto spawn lists?

It would be really awesome if we could re-enable lights and lighthouses to Ravage. We are using CUP Terrains Core on our server and having to place several lighthouses and light poles just to give people a point of reference for towns when they spawn into the server during a night cycle. I get why it was turned off. It's the apocalypse. Lights shouldn't work.

While we enjoy Tembelan a lot, we would like to change to a vanilla Arma map because CUP Terrains is throwing constant errors no matter what we seem to do. Performance is a big focus of our server and it's been quite a challenge balancing loot, AI and zombies with player counts. However... the vanilla maps all have turned off lights. It's just a bit too difficult for new players or respawns who start in the dark, trying to find their way to a town or somewhere to start looting. We want things like Night Vision and Rangefinders to be rare on the server and players are spawning with a couple of red flares and a pistol to give them a starting chance. We could spawn players with NVG on... but I would strongly like to avoid it if possible.

Is there any chance of making it optional to have lights/power on or off?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CptStampede said:

Hey there, is it possible to call the UAV function on a K40 Ababil-3 for example just to set it roaming around on a mission?

Here's an alternative way using a modified version of tpw's ambient air flyby script...

Spoiler

/*
TPW AIR - Spawn ambient flybys of helicopters and aircraft
Author: tpw
Date: 20160714
Version: 1.31
Requires: CBA A3
Compatibility: SP, MP client

Disclaimer: Feel free to use and modify this code, on the proviso that you post back changes and improvements so that everyone can benefit from them, and acknowledge the original author (tpw) in any derivative works.    

To use:
1 - Save this script into your mission directory as eg tpw_air.sqf
2 - Call it with 0 = [10,300,2,[50,250,500],0] execvm "tpw_air.sqf"; where 10 = delay until flybys start (s), 300 = maximum time between flybys (sec). 0 = disable, 2 = maximum aircraft at a given time,[50,250,500] flying heights to randomly select, 0 = all aircraft (1 = civilian aircraft excluded, 2 = military aircraft excluded)

THIS SCRIPT WON'T RUN ON DEDICATED SERVERS.
*/

if (isDedicated) exitWith {};
if (count _this < 5) exitwith {hint "TPW AIR incorrect/no config, exiting."};
if (_this select 1 == 0) exitwith {};
WaitUntil {!isNull FindDisplay 46};

// VARIABLES
tpw_air_version = "1.31"; // Version string
tpw_air_delay = _this select 0; // delay until flybys start
tpw_air_time = _this select 1; // maximum time between flybys
tpw_air_max = _this select 2; // maximum number of aircraft at a given time
tpw_air_heights = _this select 3; // flying heights to randomly select
tpw_air_civexclude = _this select 4; // 0 = all aircraft, 1 = civilian aircraft excluded, 2 = military aircraft excluded
tpw_air_active = true; // Global enable/disabled
tpw_air_speeds = ["NORMAL","FULL"]; // speeds for spawned aircraft
tpw_air_inflight = 0;

// LIST OF AIRCRAFT - Thanks to Larrow for the code
tpw_air_aircraft = ["O_UAV_02_F"];

// SELECT A COUPLE OF AIRCRAFT,  SPAWN EACH TO CACHE THEM AND REDUCE STUTTERING
_aircraft = [];
for "_i" from 1 to 4 do
    {
    _aircraft pushback (tpw_air_aircraft deleteat floor random count tpw_air_aircraft);
    };
    tpw_air_aircraft = _aircraft;
{_temp = _x createvehicle [0,0,0]; sleep 0.1; deletevehicle _temp} foreach tpw_air_aircraft;   

// AIRCRAFT SPAWN AND FLYBY
tpw_air_fnc_flyby =
    {
    private ["_pxoffset","_pyoffset","_dir","_dist","_startx","_endx","_starty","_endy","_startpos","_endpos","_heli","_height","_speed","_aircraft","_aircrafttype","_grp","_time","_pilot","_wp0"];
    position (_this select 0) params ["_px","_py"];

// Timer - aircraft will be removed after 5 minutes if it is still hanging around
    _time = time + 300;

// Offset so that aircraft doesn't necessarily fly straight over the top of whatever called this function
    _pxoffset = random 1000;
    _pyoffset = random 1000;

// Pick a random direction and distance to spawn
    _dir = random 360;
    _dist = 4000 + (random 4000);

// Pick random aircraft, height and speed
    _aircrafttype = tpw_air_aircraft select (floor (random (count tpw_air_aircraft)));
    _height = tpw_air_heights select (floor (random (count tpw_air_heights)));
    _speed = tpw_air_speeds select (floor (random (count tpw_air_speeds)));

// Calculate start and end positions of flyby
    _startx = _px + (_dist * sin _dir) + _pxoffset;
    _endx = _px - (_dist * sin _dir) + _pxoffset;
    _starty = _py + (_dist * cos _dir) + _pyoffset;
    _endy = _py - (_dist * cos _dir) + _pyoffset;
    _startpos = [_startx,_starty,_height];
    _endpos = [_endx,_endy,_height];

// Create aircraft, make it ignore everyone
    _grp = createGroup civilian;
    _aircraft = [_startpos,0,_aircrafttype,_grp] call BIS_fnc_spawnVehicle;
    _aircraft = _aircraft select 0;
    _aircraft enablesimulation false;
    _aircraft setvariable ["tpw_air",1];
    _pilot = driver _aircraft;
    _pilot setcaptive true;
    _pilot setskill 0;
    _pilot disableAI "TARGET";
    _pilot disableAI "AUTOTARGET";
    _grp setBehaviour "CARELESS";
    _grp setCombatMode "BLUE";
    _grp setSpeedMode _speed;  
    _grp allowfleeing 0;

// Flyby
    tpw_air_inflight = tpw_air_inflight + 1;
    _aircraft enablesimulation true;
    _aircraft domove _endpos;
    _aircraft flyinheight _height;
    waitUntil {sleep 5;(_aircraft distance _endpos < 1000 || !alive _aircraft || time > _time )};
    deleteVehicle _aircraft;
        {
        deletevehicle _x;
        } foreach units _grp;  
    deleteGroup _grp;
    tpw_air_inflight = tpw_air_inflight - 1;
    publicvariable "tpw_air_inflight";
    };

// RUN IT
sleep tpw_air_delay;
while {true} do
    {
    private ["_air","_counter"];
    // Spawn new aircraft as necessary 
    if (tpw_air_active && tpw_air_inflight < tpw_air_max) then
        {
        [player] spawn tpw_air_fnc_flyby;
        sleep tpw_air_time / 2 + (random tpw_air_time/ 2);
        };
    sleep 33.33;   
    };

Add the script to your mission file, call the script from the players init with...(for example)

0 = [10,180,1,[70],0] execvm "tpw_air.sqf";

this will spawn a K40 Ababil-3 around the player every 3 minutes flying at a height of 70m.

If you find this useful and use it in a published mission make sure to credit the mighty @tpw.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Donnie_Plays said:

Yes, although I don't have any solid ETA. But I can already say that a "ravaged structures" addon is taking form nicely.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, LukasGaming said:

Does anyone know how to set up a campfire and cook food? I still don't understand how you're supposed to make a campfire. Also if I spawn a burning one from the zeus menu I still can't cook raw meat.

Edit: I also noticed random patrols on the map seem to stay in place inside their vehicle upon spawn, since it's damaged and undrivable. What options in the vehicles module disable this and let the patrols roam around the map with vehicles in good condition?

2nd Edit: Spent like 20 minutes trying to figure the campfire thing out and I actually did. Still, I need some help with the patrolling AI

You need matches and note pas or bank not, double click on the matches, when the camp fire is created aim it for cook meat

• Like 1

@haleks do you know, if it's possible to change stuff like amount of fast zombies, zombie damage etc. at runtime? i tried using setVariable on the module itself but it seems your code only retrieves the data once at the start from the module and stores it in local variables. at least that is what i think is happening. or is the stuff saved in some global vars somewhere? i'm assuming not since there can be more than one module but i'd appreciate some more info on this.

basically this would be useful for a Pilgrimage like mission start menu to set difficulty or maybe even have zombies level up in SP with the player like in an RPG so they'd do more damage the longer you survive or something.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Donnie_Plays said:

It would be really awesome if we could re-enable lights and lighthouses to Ravage. We are using CUP Terrains Core on our server and having to place several lighthouses and light poles just to give people a point of reference for towns when they spawn into the server during a night cycle. I get why it was turned off. It's the apocalypse. Lights shouldn't work.

While we enjoy Tembelan a lot, we would like to change to a vanilla Arma map because CUP Terrains is throwing constant errors no matter what we seem to do. Performance is a big focus of our server and it's been quite a challenge balancing loot, AI and zombies with player counts. However... the vanilla maps all have turned off lights. It's just a bit too difficult for new players or respawns who start in the dark, trying to find their way to a town or somewhere to start looting. We want things like Night Vision and Rangefinders to be rare on the server and players are spawning with a couple of red flares and a pistol to give them a starting chance. We could spawn players with NVG on... but I would strongly like to avoid it if possible.

probably not what your looking for but this script I found should enable you to turn lights on and off using any object such as a generator you can set the light classnames and the radius around the object your using also the lights should be turned on at start if the object/generator gets destroyed the lights will turn off I believe.

Generator_Lightswitch Script.

In init field: this call { _radiusLights = 3000; _lights = nearestObjects [ _this,["Lamps_base_F","PowerLines_base_F","PowerLines_Small_base_F"],_radiusLights]; _lamps = ("_x == (configFile >> 'CfgVehicles' >> 'Land_Runway_PAPI') or (inheritsFrom _x) == (configFile >> 'CfgVehicles' >> 'Land_Runway_PAPI') or _x == (configFile >> 'CfgVehicles' >> 'Land_NavigLight') or (inheritsFrom _x) == (configFile >> 'CfgVehicles' >> 'Land_NavigLight') or (inheritsFrom (inheritsFrom _x)) == (configFile >> 'CfgVehicles' >> 'Land_NavigLight')" configClasses (configFile >> "CfgVehicles")) apply {tolower(getText (_x >> "model")splitString "\" joinString "\")}; _lampouz = (nearestTerrainObjects [_this,[],_radiusLights]) select {((getModelInfo _x) select 1) in _lamps}; _this addAction ["switch off lights",{ params ["_gene","_caller","_id","_lux"]; private _geneMenu = (_gene actionParams _id) select 0; if (_geneMenu isEqualTo "switch off lights") then { _geneMenu = "switch on lights"; { [_x,false] call BIS_fnc_switchLamp; false; } count (_lux select 0); {_x hideObjectGlobal true} forEach (_lux select 1); } else { _geneMenu = "switch off lights"; { [_x,true] call BIS_fnc_switchLamp; false; } count (_lux select 0); {_x hideObjectGlobal false} forEach (_lux select 1); }; _gene setUserActionText [_id,_geneMenu]; },[_lights,_lampouz],0.8,false,true,"", "!(_target getvariable ['destroyed',false])"]; _this addEventHandler ["hit", { params ["_gene"]; if (damage _gene > 0.2) then { _gene setVariable ["destroyed",true]; _gene setDamage 1; _radiusLights = 3000; _lights = nearestObjects [ _gene,["Lamps_base_F","PowerLines_base_F","PowerLines_Small_base_F"],_radiusLights]; _lamps = ("_x == (configFile >> 'CfgVehicles' >> 'Land_Runway_PAPI') or (inheritsFrom _x) == (configFile >> 'CfgVehicles' >> 'Land_Runway_PAPI') or _x == (configFile >> 'CfgVehicles' >> 'Land_NavigLight') or (inheritsFrom _x) == (configFile >> 'CfgVehicles' >> 'Land_NavigLight') or (inheritsFrom (inheritsFrom _x)) == (configFile >> 'CfgVehicles' >> 'Land_NavigLight')" configClasses (configFile >> "CfgVehicles")) apply {tolower(getText (_x >> "model")splitString "\" joinString "\")}; _lampouz = (nearestTerrainObjects [_gene,[],_radiusLights]) select {((getModelInfo _x) select 1) in _lamps}; { [_x,false] call BIS_fnc_switchLamp; false; } count _lights; {_x hideObjectGlobal true} forEach _lampouz; _gene removeEventHandler ["hit",_thisEventHandler]} }]; };

• Like 2

Thank you Gill. I am aware of that script and it's a great tool for mission makers. Unfortunately it does not work for these circumstances. I'm mostly interested in placing light houses in various places on the map to give players a view of reference to head to in the dark from the distance. Also to keep players on their toes when creeping around towns at night. It appears that Ravage disables light houses for vanilla Arma and Malden DLC.