Well I found a new way to add wear...

I'm able to add surface scratches and wear in specific areas  in a much more believable way now.. much happier with it

notice under the fire selector :)

2iF50T6.jpg

3gWUoSR.jpg

• Like 10

hello ..so, hopefully I wont cause an awfull lot (any) irritation with this post... a few hours ago I updated my copy of Ravage and set off (very excited I might add!) to spend some time dying in a little mission I have managed to fiddled together.

quickly and to my frustration I found that I couldn't "repair" or "scavenge" vehicles! now, I have managed to find a way to negate this frustration but it requiers me to revert back to an older version (Ravage ver. 0.1.44 it says in the readme) of "fn_vehInit.sqf" ..with the sometimes entertaining result that vehicles again blowup all over the place..!

what should I present of files or perhaps other material to make it possible for anyone to even start to think about helping me understand what I am doing wrong ..if this is even possible..?

@humansteak, Scavenge, repair and refuel are all working for me with the latest version of Ravage. I'm assuming you have a Ravage toolbox in your inventory....

Are you running any other mods or scripts that may be causing a conflict? It's always best practise to run only Ravage and CBA if your finding issues with any of the scripted features.

@Evil Organ ..thanks. that was not exactly what I was hoping to learn; that the extent of my own ignorance perhaps might not be limited to the boundaries I imagined..! anyway Evil Organ, you just tought me that the first step of troubleshooting (however obvious it should be ^^ even to me) is to reload all mods. reloading all mods in order to weed out the one that perhaps was causing problems, resulted in ..nothing, but everything working just fine now...

..also, now that I have rested my brain with a good nights sleep I have realized that perhaps the exploding cars might have something to do with the extreme amount of vehicles/wrecks I have configured my mission with... anyway, thanks for your suggestion Evil Organ. it realy helped me solve my issue.

• Like 1

Hi

@haleks Do hunger, thirst and sleeping time affect stamina system?

And does AI skill affect zombie spotting ability?

1 hour ago, Hans(z) said:

Hi

@haleks Do hunger, thirst and sleeping time affect stamina system?

And does AI skill affect zombie spotting ability?

Nope, it's actually the other way around : stamina affects hunger & thirst (someone who's running all the time will need to eat and drink more often).

Regarding zombies : they really don't use anything from vanilla AI, except maybe the basic pathfinding; so no, their skill doesn't change anything.

• Thanks 2

Hello ... @haleks

i saw on screenshot "day counter" on status bar....is it still active feature?

Will you planed add money cash enable on status bar?

If is it there ,dont know how can i activated..:/

Thanks for answer. ;)

Question for mission makers!

I want to make my  Ravage mission and maybe publish it lately, but:

1) Which way is more FPS friedly scripting or make whole mission in Eden editor?

2)Can I make mission intro (outro) only in Eden editor?

3)How can I restrict spawned weapons (lootable and on AI) only to certain types?

Thx for reply

Nice job Cosmic, I hope you aren't going crazy staring at gun textures all day! ^^

36 minutes ago, haleks said:

Nice job Cosmic, I hope you aren't going crazy staring at gun textures all day! ^^

Lol... pushing for 50

There are a few in the background too.. 

Im likely at 60 total but some will be for future mod additions after the initial release etc.

With all the mod ones, will likely be over 100 rusty... :drinking:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Hans(z) said:

Question for mission makers!

I want to make my  Ravage mission and maybe publish it lately, but:

1) Which way is more FPS friedly scripting or make whole mission in Eden editor?

2)Can I make mission intro (outro) only in Eden editor?

3)How can I restrict spawned weapons (lootable and on AI) only to certain types?

Thx for reply

1) scripting gives more control of when and where things happen.

2) not sure. I use scripts

3) hopefully this will be easier in coming updates

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, cosmic10r said:

khaki finish rusting away... too much?

nope ^^....some seriously nice work on the black MX too. :eyeheart:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

G'day Haleks,

Thanks for the reply. Hopefully you can find a decent MRE model. I know @thedog88 had one in his equipment pack. Maybe he might allow you to use it?

Keep up the good work.

• Like 2

Hey guys, back again! Finally moved back to the UK now. It's bloody cold here though!

Oooh! MREs! I tried a hiking ration not too long ago that had a flameless ration heater. Think I put too much water in though, it sort of... exploded a bit ._.

If MREs were added to Ravage, it would be neat if when you double click on them it empties the contents of the ration into your bag or on the ground, so you've got your dessert, side, main and that sort of thing.

Been looking at the recent updates. You've been busy Haleks! Actually, you've all been pretty busy here! Looking forward to getting back into Arma 3 again at some point. 

• Like 3

Hey guys, I'm coming here today because I've run into a bit if a problem with the ravage mod! So I was trying to setup ravage on my exile server and for some reason when I try to join the server it says that all of the ravage pbo's are not signed by accepted keys on the server... I've tried replacing all of the files multiple times and I made sure that ravage is up to date and in the command line as well so it shouldn't be an error there. When I look at the rpt file I find these errors with ravage:

2:04:06 D:\xxgames\WillliamN\17804\@Ravage\addons\gasmask.pbo - unknown
2:04:06 D:\xxgames\WillliamN\17804\@Ravage\addons\m50gasmask.pbo - unknown
2:04:06 D:\xxgames\WillliamN\17804\@Ravage\addons\neckloose.pbo - unknown
2:04:06 D:\xxgames\WillliamN\17804\@Ravage\addons\necktight.pbo - unknown
2:04:06 D:\xxgames\WillliamN\17804\@Ravage\addons\pulledup.pbo - unknown
2:04:06 D:\xxgames\WillliamN\17804\@Ravage\addons\ravage.pbo - unknown
2:04:06 D:\xxgames\WillliamN\17804\@Ravage\addons\rvg_missions.pbo - unknown
2:04:06 D:\xxgames\WillliamN\17804\@Ravage\addons\rvg_weapons.pbo - unknown
2:04:06 D:\xxgames\WillliamN\17804\@Ravage\addons\rvg_zeds.pbo - unknown
2:04:06 D:\xxgames\WillliamN\17804\@Ravage\addons\rvg_zed_faces.pbo - unknown

I'm not sure if it's a problem with the bisign files or the bikey or what!

Just for reference so you can see what's wrong all of the other mods I have running on the server have a code at the end of them where it says "unknown" above for example:

2:04:06 D:\xxgames\WillliamN\17804\@CBA_A3\addons\cba_accessory.pbo - 945b81e3

I'm not sure if this is something that can be fixed but thank you for any help that I may receive because I would really love to run ravage on my server!

Is there a way to tell Ai to make Every Bullet count? E.g. Head Shots only At Cqc Or use Single Ort Short Burst Fire from  offroaders? 

Hi guys,

Just have a couple of quick questions for ya.

I'm trying to edit zombie damage and trying to increase walker speed. I feel like it takes way too many zombie hits to die and I'm playing with walkers only w/ a 10% bolter chance and want to up the difficulty by making walkers a little bit faster. I looked at the zombie module but to no avail. What would I have to edit? Would I have to edit the pbo files?

Thanks!

19 hours ago, Mike_Styles said:

Hey guys, I'm coming here today because I've run into a bit if a problem with the ravage mod! So I was trying to setup ravage on my exile server and for some reason when I try to join the server it says that all of the ravage pbo's are not signed by accepted keys on the server...

Unfortunately I'm not very familiar with MP set-ups, it's also the first time I hear about this. :/

14 hours ago, Schrebers said:

Is there a way to tell Ai to make Every Bullet count? E.g. Head Shots only At Cqc Or use Single Ort Short Burst Fire from  offroaders? 

At the moment tweaking the vanilla AI in depth is pretty much outside of the scope of Ravage : working on such complex features would eat up too much time and get in the way of more urgent development.

57 minutes ago, repzaj1234 said:

Hi guys,

Just have a couple of quick questions for ya.

I'm trying to edit zombie damage and trying to increase walker speed. I feel like it takes way too many zombie hits to die and I'm playing with walkers only w/ a 10% bolter chance and want to up the difficulty by making walkers a little bit faster. I looked at the zombie module but to no avail. What would I have to edit? Would I have to edit the pbo files?

Thanks!

Modifying the zed damage output isn't possible right now, but I plan on adding a few more options to the modules for the next update. ;)

To change the animation speed, you could use the newly introduced "init EH" from the module; the following code should do the trick (change the final value as you see fit) :

if ((typeOf (_this select 0)) isEqualTo "zombie_walker") then {
	(_this select 0) setAnimSpeedCoef 1.25
};

• Like 1

@haleks, v.1.48, correct Toolbox, vehicle/scavenge system doesn't work for me on anything dynamically spawned (either from Garage or with own Ravage Vehicle module). Works on vehicles pre-placed in editor, though.

Also posted mission/server announcement on BIS forums

Another issue: Safezone with No Radiation thing doesn't seem to work - area still could be highly radioactive.

• Like 1

v.1.48, correct Toolbox, vehicle/scavenge system doesn't work for me on anything dynamically spawned

,...it worked for me last night. I was able replace two tires and a windshield. Don't know about scavenging.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, haleks said:

Modifying the zed damage output isn't possible right now, but I plan on adding a few more options to the modules for the next update. ;)

To change the animation speed, you could use the newly introduced "init EH" from the module; the following code should do the trick (change the final value as you see fit) :

if ((typeOf (_this select 0)) isEqualTo "zombie_walker") then {
	(_this select 0) setAnimSpeedCoef 1.25
};

Thanks for the quick response! Ravage truly is a beautiful mod. I do have a suggestion, not sure if it's been said already or if it's even possible. It's regarding the loot categories, right now food and water are clumped in with "survival items". It would be pretty neat if they had their own category in the loot table and we could tweak accordingly.