38 minutes ago, pvt. partz said:

......looks like I'll be getting a good neck workout, looking around for an alternative place to hide, when that S.O.B. jams!  :rthumb:

yup... might be cool to have the jamming increase incrementally... 

Thanks to Reyhard, I was able to figure out where I was messing up in my configs and got the ak12 working which means my problems are all solved and I know more about where i went wrong

AK 12

pEqVWlR.jpg

teR7HMk.jpg

V7SltHR.jpg

and the menu icons which are much easier to pick up now

F4qF7qF.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, cosmic10r said:

create a file in the main mission folder where init.sqf and the description.ext are and name it onPlayerRespawn.sqf

_unit = _this select 0;

_unit spawn 
{
    _unit = _this;
    sleep 2;
   _unit call rvg_fnc_equip; 
  _unit addEventHandler ["Fired", {_this spawn RVG_fnc_Fired}];
};

That should work... i modified the one we use in escape a bit for what you want there...

The traders one is much harder ... you would likely need to spawn a loop but animations are a pain...

Cheers thanks for that

10 minutes ago, wasbob45 said:

Cheers thanks for that

it might be easier to just  do this

_unit = _this select 0;

and take out the spawn..

let me know if the first one doesnt work... BB was using it for some other code too so it may be why the spawn is there.

The delay is to make sure the module(s) have enough time to compile the weapons lists according to user-defined settings. ;)

@haleks

I'm not sure if this Issue has been reported yet but, Using 

_unit = _this select 0;

_unit spawn 
{
    _unit = _this;
    sleep 2;
};

I Spawn with a Random loadout but I never spawn with modded gear, I have them selected in the modules but never spawn, Tried with both settings for Normal gear and Limited but to no avail. The only way to get modded gear is Via Traders. I get an error when I play Via the editor it is as follows.

But When In multiplayer I select Spawn and respawn with no loadout, just my base survivor.

https://plus.google.com/photos/109522964449252072253/album/6491591237689487297/6491591241452057650?authkey=CJm21Pm7kO_12wE
https://plus.google.com/photos/109522964449252072253/album/6491591237689487297/6491591243071141058?authkey=CJm21Pm7kO_12wE

P.S. IDK how to insert images. I'm probs just stupid and doing it the hard way.

_unit = _this select 0;
_unit spawn 
{
    sleep 2;
   [_this] call rvg_fnc_equip; 
};

There you go. :)

The equip fnc only accepts arrays, also the fired eventHandler is no longer needed.

Thanks Haleks... 

I'm not so good with ye olde code these days....

On a side note... is it just me or has the whole Tools for mission makers page on the Wiki gone blank??  :(

edit ... phew...crisis averted... apparently when I timed out last night on the page that "removed all content" ... jeepers... anyways... figured out how to undo it so its all back up... will add list of classnames from EO to page

• Like 3

Does anyone know how to make the ai aim down their sights? It seems like when i spectate them in first person, they are just hip firing?

On 23/11/2017 at 5:46 PM, cosmic10r said:

On a side note... is it just me or has the whole Tools for mission makers page on the Wiki gone blank??  :(

Sorry, but by the time I spotted that, you'd already fixed it. The wiki gets a bit funny if you take your time editing a page. I've had it happen to me a couple of times. Bloody annoying. But if a page does get wiped out, it's trivial to roll it back to an earlier version, so there's no danger.

30 minutes ago, kodabar said:

Sorry, but by the time I spotted that, you'd already fixed it. The wiki gets a bit funny if you take your time editing a page. I've had it happen to me a couple of times. Bloody annoying. But if a page does get wiped out, it's trivial to roll it back to an earlier version, so there's no danger.

No worries... just glad i figured out how to revert it before i attempted to rebuild it.

I figured out the headings in source code so it is laid out better and the clickable headings show up in contents.

Funny comment on it today...

"Valve pls fix"... what? Lol

@haleks

i am attempting to create trigger area on areas of the map with this activation ...

{if (side _x == opfor) then {_x setBehaviour "COMBAT"}} foreach thislist

Its working on NON Ravage Ambient AI, but ravage AI are ignoring the trigger...Im assuming Ravage AI ignore various behaviours in order to complete WPs and handle zombies etc...

i might add the reason im looking to have this trigger affect is because im using Ryan zombies and demon mods for various military areas of the map,and Ravage AI will not engage those zeds "normally, (ie they target,but do not engage or change behaviour until attacked enought times) and they get wrecked before being able to return fire.

Is there any work around for this?

Needed a break from some of the grunt work so did this... I need to darken it slightly but I like it quite a bit..

EO has requested the Zubr next ;)

PQ8QCPR.jpg

V5ZpSeB.jpg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, cosmic10r said:

Needed a break from some of the grunt work so did this... I need to darken it slightly but I like it quite a bit..

PQ8QCPR.jpg

V5ZpSeB.jpg

I am seeing that in that gun's current condition, it is going to be jamming city

35 minutes ago, cosmic10r said:

Looking forward to see what you come up with for my favorite piece...rust and worn wood are the perfect post-apo combo IMHO.

A further request would be changing the chamber from the ridiculous .45 ACP to something more realistic like .357 Magnum or at the very least 9x21mm....just my personal preference of course, maybe such a change would need some Dev debate.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, lv1234 said:

I am seeing that in that gun's current condition, it is going to be jamming city

we havent finalized that yet but it wont be too obtrusive... just something to keep in mind more then a game breaking mechanic that makes gameplay tedious.

final version, I toned it down a bit. 

UvChSHK.jpg

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Evil Organ said:

Looking forward to see what you come up with for my favorite piece...rust and worn wood are the perfect post-apo combo IMHO.

A further request would be changing the chamber from the ridiculous .45 ACP to something more realistic like .357 Magnum or at the very least 9x21mm....just my personal preference of course, maybe such a change would need some Dev debate.

Ill have a look at it now. I could just do a standard 45 and then the EO bubba'd 9x21mm version.... Shame I can't add a few steampunk features to make it look all thrown together... that would be a cool mod ...some steampunk weapons... i don't think im up to figuring out 3d modeling in this lifetime lol

• Like 2

On 08/11/2017 at 2:01 PM, haleks said:

Here you go mate. :)

{
	[_unit, _x] remoteExec ["addAction", 0, true];
} forEach [
	["Recruit Unit", "\ravage\actions\recruit.sqf",[_unit], 1, false, true, "", "alive _target && {group _target != group _this}"],
	["Dismiss Unit", "\ravage\actions\dismiss.sqf",[_unit], 1, false, true, "", "alive _target && {group _target == group _this}"]
];

I've put this code to a unit in a mission. But i have trouble with this, it is not working for me, I don't have options to recruite. (Simple mission with ravage module)

Plz can you help me

36 minutes ago, MisterOth said:

I've put this code to a unit in a mission. But i have trouble with this, it is not working for me, I don't have options to recruite. (Simple mission with ravage module)

Plz can you help me

for the init of a unit in editor use this

this addaction ["Recruit Unit", "\ravage\actions\recruit.sqf","", 1, false, true, "", "alive _target && {group _target != group _this}"];
 this addaction ["Dismiss Unit", "\ravage\actions\dismiss.sqf","", 1, false, true, "", "alive _target && {group _target == group _this}"];

i just tested it. works fine... just throws an error in VR cuz ravage cant find a town.

Ill add it to the wiki and seperate the two types... the other code is for script use

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My post above relating to AI not engaging is also prevalent with Ravage zeds...

it seems that if i have survivors faction enabled,they hostile AI show odd behavior towards zombies,if i disable survivor faction,the AI engage zombies on site.

Perhaps someone else could confirm?

15 minutes ago, redarmy said:

it seems that if i have survivors faction enabled,they hostile AI show odd behavior towards zombies,if i disable survivor faction,the AI engage zombies on site.

Yup... at this point the way they are configured does not lend itself to compatibility with other mods and in order to do it properly there would need to be a universal standard for the zombie configurations to allow compatibility... sucks I know... but thats. how i understand it at this point because each mod is using different inheritances and damage configurations..

Just now, cosmic10r said:

Yup... at this point the way they are configured does not lend itself to compatibility with other mods and in order to do it properly there would need to be a universal standard for the zombie configurations to allow compatibility... sucks I know... but thats. how i understand it at this point because each mod is using different inheritances and damage configurations..

yeah for sure,iv even enabled different damage settings for ryans zeds...

but this is happening without those zeds,just ravage ambient ai and zeds when survivor faction is enabled.quite odd.

Im guessing it must be an inherint incompatibility with another mod even if that mod is currently not in use at the specific moment

3 minutes ago, redarmy said:

yeah for sure,iv even enabled different damage settings for ryans zeds...

but this is happening without those zeds,just ravage ambient ai and zeds when survivor faction is enabled.quite odd.

Im guessing it must be an inherint incompatibility with another mod even if that mod is currently not in use at the specific moment

ok.. ill keep an eye out and see if i see it too... im pretty lean on mods right now

1 hour ago, redarmy said:

I can't reproduce this on my end; as long as a group is not set to hold fire, its units will engage zombies, no matter what behaviour they're set to use.

Another thing worth noting : Ravage zombies are configured to be perceived as hostile by any unit that is not infected : side/faction relations don't matter at all.

If you have a repro mission with Ravage+CBA only, I'll have a look ASAP.

2 hours ago, cosmic10r said:

we havent finalized that yet but it wont be too obtrusive...

I think I will also limit the jamming function to primary weapons only : it will be a tiny step away from realism, but considering that zombies will be able to knock your rifle out of your hands, having a trusty sidearm will be a priority (until I add some sort of melee system).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, haleks said:

I can't reproduce this on my end; as long as a group is not set to hold fire, its units will engage zombies, no matter what behaviour they're set to use.

Another thing worth noting : Ravage zombies are configured to be perceived as hostile by any unit that is not infected : side/faction relations don't matter at all.

If you have a repro mission with Ravage+CBA only, I'll have a look ASAP.

I think I will also limit the jamming function to primary weapons only : it will be a tiny step away from realism, but considering that zombies will be able to knock your rifle out of your hands, having a trusty sidearm will be a priority (until I add some sort of melee system).

Could also half the value of sidearms compared to rifles... so much less chance to primary assuming it is a simpler mechanism. 

Good news: Was able to restore all or at least 3.5/4 of my lost stuff from the crash. also added a new image that i added to the hilltop: https://imgur.com/a/pTidr

Bad news: I need to catch up on some games...Got to stop grinding on this lul

• Like 1