Hi everybody,

I started playing and editing Ravage Tanoa [SP] vanilla with CBA3. 
Some things that I found irritating came to my mind. Hopefully someone can point to an existing thread or maybe answer.
(I have googled and already read through many of your forum pages and Arma 3 forums in general) 

regarding the vanilla mod Ravage Tanoa (CBA)
1. is there a way to toggle off rust from fully repaired vehicles (I found a toggle in Eden Editor but it seems broken somehow)
2. can scopes be included in to the loot as in Ravage Altis (I can be mistaken, but did not find a single scope on Tanoa but plenty on Altis)
3. nvg same as 2. (looted nvg on Altis from heli crew)
4. helis same as 2.

regarding editing
5. is there a way to place a piece of code into the init of a hand placed unit to make it recruitable

thanks in advance
best
s

@lv1234Here is how I setup a save zone.

Place a Trigger over the area where you like the player to be protected.

Trigger.jpg

Then fill in the trigger properties

Trigger%20Setup.jpg

you also need to add two sqf files to let player know he is entering and leaving the Safe Zone

EnterSZ.sqf

if (isDedicated) exitWith {};
waitUntil {!isNull player};
waitUntil {!isNil "playerSpawning" && {!playerSpawning}};

_title  = "<t color='#FFFFFF' size='1.2' align='center'>Safe Zone </t><br />";
_name = format ["%1<br /> ",name player];    
_text = "<t color='#00ff00' shadow='1' shadowColor='#000000' align='center'>You are entering the Safe Zone</t><br />";    
hint parsetext (_title +  _name +  _text);
playsound "Topic_Done";

LeaveSZ.sqf

_title  = "<t color='#00ff00' size='1.2' align='center'>Safe Zone </t><br />";
_text = "<t color='#ff0000' shadow='1' shadowColor='#000000' align='center'>You are leaving the Safe Zone!</t><br />";    
playsound "Topic_Done";

While the player is in the Trigger area he will not get any damage.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Frankie

@Schrebers:

regarding 5) I have a fast & easy solution for you that I found somewhere in the Editing area here - so sorry I forgot who posted it originally, but note I am NOT the creator of the tutorial, just copy-pasted it:

1) Name your player unit.

2) Name the AI units you want to join.

3) Create any kind of trigger and put this code into ON ACT field: [nameofjoiner1,nameofjoiner2] join nameofplayer

For joining a named group:

1) Name your player unit and set his his group's name in the INIT field: fancygroupname=group this;

2) Name the AI units you want to join.

3) Create any kind of trigger and put this code into ON ACT field: [nameofjoiner1, nameofjoiner2] join (nameofplayergroup);

There you go, and if you set the triggers to be repeatable, it will work again and again after a savegame load of any kind.  Also you could create certain trigger conditions for the joining like the player is  the only blufor unit that can activate the trigger as to avoid that the AI joins you while you are on the other end of the map and some random bloke runs into the trigger. 

That would look like this:

Trigger is Blufor present

Condition box

This and xyz in thislist // xyz is the editor name of a single unit // for groups: this and callsign (e.g. Wolf)

// for groups without callsign: this and [rst,uvw,xyz] // alternatively:fred in thislist and joe in thislist

Edit- "Repeatedly" if you want it to happen everytime

// alternative method for groups: this && ({group _x == callsign} count thislist) >0

Have fun with that, hope I could help with my little breadcrumbs :f:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, .Frankie. said:

@lv1234Here is how I setup a save zone.

Place a Trigger over the area where you like the player to be protected.

Trigger.jpg

Then fill in the trigger properties

Trigger%20Setup.jpg

you also need to add two sqf files to let player know he is entering and leaving the Safe Zone

EnterSZ.sqf

if (isDedicated) exitWith {};
waitUntil {!isNull player};
waitUntil {!isNil "playerSpawning" && {!playerSpawning}};

_title  = "<t color='#FFFFFF' size='1.2' align='center'>Safe Zone </t><br />";
_text = "<t color='#00ff00' shadow='1' shadowColor='#000000' align='center'>You are entering the Safe Zone</t><br />";    
playsound "Topic_Done";

LeaveSZ.sqf

_title  = "<t color='#00ff00' size='1.2' align='center'>Safe Zone </t><br />";
_text = "<t color='#ff0000' shadow='1' shadowColor='#000000' align='center'>You are leaving the Safe Zone!</t><br />";    
playsound "Topic_Done";

While the player is in the Trigger area he will not get any damage.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Frankie

Shouldn't the ravage safe zone work out of the box in the editor and you just configure the radius of the safe zone? Then any enemy ai shouldn't be roaming around that safe zone..I'm pretty sure that is how it works but need clarification from @haleks, to make sure that i am doing it right. I tried configuring it on malden and altis but it still doesn't work because ai (not zombies) still roam around there. 

I believe the safe zone only stops spawning, it doesn't keep them from roaming in.

But, I seem to remember you've tried some pretty large areas.

46 minutes ago, FireWalker said:

I believe the safe zone only stops spawning, it doesn't keep them from roaming in.

But, I seem to remember you've tried some pretty large areas.

On the island on malden that i am testing on, it seems that no matter how large the radius that i am setting the safe zone at ( even did the radius at 20 km :P), both friendly and enemy ai still spawn around that area :/

Hey guys I have been trying to set up a multiplayer scenario with ravage. Basically I need help with figuring out the respawn system I see that there is the option to include Respawn Tents in the Lootspawn module now would these be for multiplayer use and if so do I need to mess with or alter the respawn settings/options in the Multiplayer Attributes Section of the Editor such as respawn on custom position and or select respawn point or should I disable all of it and just enable the respawn tent option that comes with ravage. Thanks Guys

Faded the wood... this sucker has been sitting upright in a small amount of water hence the extra rust on the exhaust.

New Technique is working fairly well... I'm able to keep some of the rust detail without it being washed out

dEfZdzu.jpg

Uc9zaKK.jpg

933lrlZ.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

there's  a few things i want to say about the mod:

A strange bug related to player health.
When eating or drinking by the fire, health drops down a little insted of increasing. Happened to me several times, when I was slightly injured, when health status says green 'healthy', but movement speed looks slower than normal. After eating, health digits kinda twitch up and than down...

Is it possible to make mag combine function? Many of the mags I pull out of guns I aquire form dead survivors are half empty... although its a minor complain

Melee weapons! A huge axe in grenadeluncher slot needed badly, like that one of Exile mod. Also, maybe decrease zomb attack distance. Sometimes seems like they are able to  reach out 3 meters away to get you

thanks for the mod, great stuff.
keep it up

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Trevor Gilligan said:

Hey guys I have been trying to set up a multiplayer scenario with ravage. Basically I need help with figuring out the respawn system I see that there is the option to include Respawn Tents in the Lootspawn module now would these be for multiplayer use and if so do I need to mess with or alter the respawn settings/options in the Multiplayer Attributes Section of the Editor such as respawn on custom position and or select respawn point or should I disable all of it and just enable the respawn tent option that comes with ravage. Thanks Guys

I'm not 100% sure how to set up respawn using the Camp Backpacks, but here is some info to possibly help you...

Description from CfgHints:

Camps are respawn points which players can pack into a backpack, and later unpack on a different location. Use Assemble and Disassemble in the action menu to pack and unpack them.

A tent will give a respawn point to the player who unpacked it and all friendlies nearby.

A sleeping bag will create a point available only to the player who unpacked it.

Any player, including enemies, can pack your camp and use it later for themselves.

To incorporate the Camp Backpacks into a mission, I think, you would first...

Create a marker named respawn_west at your HQ/start point. Then add this too your Description.ext

respawn = 3;
respawnTemplates[] = {"MenuPosition"};
respawnDelay = 1;
respawnOnStart = 0;

From my understanding, this would allow a group (where one of the group has a Camp Backpack equipped) to set up a mobile respawn point for everyone in the group...see Description from CfgHints. ^^

Maybe someone with a better understanding of this system could chip in with some extra info.

These might help too...

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Respawn

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BIS_fnc_addRespawnPosition

8 hours ago, cosmic10r said:

qefCYuS.jpg

EO's Used Furniture service comes at a cost if payment can't be agreed...

Spoiler

ehMbN0N.jpg

IVGJf6Z.jpg

:shoot:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

11 hours ago, Evil Organ said:

I'm not 100% sure how to set up respawn using the Camp Backpacks, but here is some info to possibly help you...

Description from CfgHints:

To incorporate the Camp Backpacks into a mission, I think, you would first...

Create a marker named respawn_west at your HQ/start point. Then add this too your Description.ext

respawn = 3;
respawnTemplates[] = {"MenuPosition"};
respawnDelay = 1;
respawnOnStart = 0;

From my understanding, this would allow a group (where one of the group has a Camp Backpack equipped) to set up a mobile respawn point for everyone in the group...see Description from CfgHints. ^^

Maybe someone with a better understanding of this system could chip in with some extra info.

These might help too...

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Respawn

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BIS_fnc_addRespawnPosition

Thank you man it is very much appreciated.

Anyone having problems like mine with the safe zone yet?

Sorry for constantly asking this question, still not sure how to get it fully working

I'm adding a couple blacklist and safe zones to my server right now to test. I don't normally use them, but let me see what happens.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Done as proof of concept after Haleks mentioned this in the Dev thread.

It is possible

a couple of notes... 

-frequency of Jams and volume of sound were overdone for testing purposes, both can and will be adjusted

-i might seperate it into a FTF and FTE failures to simulate light primer strikes etc on fail to fire which will drop a dry click and fail to ejects which will have a more complex sound like this one as one racks the slide to clear the brass (or attempts to)

With the frequency of the jams in the vid its hard to tell its not a reload but the reload sound is more subtle... you will see it.

Certainly not perfect... 

Credit to EO for helping with my boneheaded file name error LOL

• Like 9

i was able to put together a V2 fairly quickly that im going to send to the guys for a looky loo

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Why is it not allowed to upload this on Steam? :( Honestly I don't download anything that is not available in the workshop because managing the mods manually has been pain in the ass in the past because of dependencies. I'm just to lazy to go back and do this manually when it works just flawless with a simple click thanks to the workshop and new ARMA3 launcher.

Mate, the only dependency is CBA - and installing Ravage is just a matter of dragging the @ravage folder into your game directory.

And it works fine with the launcher too - the launcher is not for workshop items only, you can manage anything from there. Just take a couple minutes to configure it...

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, burzum said:

Why is it not allowed to upload this on Steam?

Simply because Haleks (who created Ravage) doesn't approve of the Steam Workshop agreement. The Steam Workshop isn't just a place to put files - you have to agree to a set of terms and conditions in order to place your files on the Workshop. Haleks doesn't like them, so no Ravage on the Steam Workshop.

I appreciate that having Ravage on the Workshop would be easier and you wouldn't have to manually update it. But it really isn't much hassle to drag a folder out of a zip file every now and then. Perhaps the Workshop agreement will change to terms that Haleks is favourable to, but until that time, I'm afraid it will remain as it is.

• Like 4

Before workshop was around and we were all playing arma2oa, and earlier arma games, like OFP,  thats all it was, was downloading zips, and installing everything manually.

You think thats hard, try 230+ addons and mods in one mod, and making sure they all work together, have all their required files,

then if there is an issue ingame like an error that pops up then you need to do a process of elimination to see what mod is causing the issue.

What really matters in the end is not how easy, or fast it is to download a mod, but rather that Haleks cares enough to share his mod that he goes out of his way

of all things and keeps updating it. Be happy we have a mod such as ravage to play with where its not difficult to create a simple mission and just play,

and that we have such an abundance of skill, support, and access.  Dont take for granted that someone else is doing something for free, and in their freetime, appreciate what others do for you.

Imo updating the mod as long as he has and not losing interest is challenging, i can vouch for that with my own mods, but i think he can thank his fans and the regular group of members almost family at this point, lol

here that keep supporting him that help keeps this mod alive and evolving.

• Like 8

I refuse to use the workshop except for cup and rhs because they are such huge files...

I dont even use the launcher :)

I still use my own exe shortcuts on the desktop with parameters ...

I guess I'm a throwback to the opfor days LOL

• Like 1

Workshop is great for the average player.

Freakin headache for server  admins.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, FireWalker said:

Workshop is great for the average player.

Freakin headache for server  admins.

Probably because of those darn updates

Anyway, how is that safezone working?

BTW does anyone know how to change ZED and Randomly spawned ai to have certain WW2 uniforms? For example have bluefor force use only german uniform, Indep use russian, and Opfor use american