18 hours ago, damsous said:

@Vastiny  There a simple way for save crate, tent and vehicle content by using Gradpersistence.

https://github.com/gruppe-adler/grad-persistence/wiki/Usage

But you need to set up a custom loot cause all the spawned bag will be saved too.

You can use this script for loot, its really easy to use, you just need to add the ravage item classname and create different sqf for military, civilian and industrial zone.

Like this you can use custom gear and weapon mode like Niarsenal or Robert Hammer pistol pack.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25668

For base building you can use the factory from the R3F Logistic Script.

Just place few crate over the map initialized with the factory (with a 20% spawn chance).

With all this thing you got a persitent Ravage mission, with base building and custom loot....

A simple exemple here with only vanilla and ravage items :

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1155815830

Hi Damsous,

Upon your post I have given R3F Logistics a try.

Did you by chance figure out how to make only specific objects available to the factory? I have tried to enter specific class names in the respective config file, but It would not show up in the creation facility in game. So far it only works, if I enter the respective Parent Class names.

cheers

3 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Haleks my link to the mirror broke, i got some copyright thing in my email, idk what the deal is but all i did was upload your latest version to my mega

but it wont let me provide a link now, so i guess you'll have to remove the mirror listing from the first page, sorry.

Copyright with Mega? Well that's weird...

Updating the OP.

• Sad 1

Just wanted to share some screenshots I got whilst playing Napf Winter with Solano's LUTs, specifically with the Chernarus LUT.

https://imgur.com/a/lukkG 

It's a really pretty map, and much bigger than I thought it was initially. Got some real The Long Dark vibes from it too.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Vandeanson said:

Hi Damsous,

Upon your post I have given R3F Logistics a try.

Did you by chance figure out how to make only specific objects available to the factory? I have tried to enter specific class names in the respective config file, but It would not show up in the creation facility in game. So far it only works, if I enter the respective Parent Class names.

cheers

I don't know if its possible to make a creation factory with the object classname, i was asking this to the R3F team but no answer.

I use this line in the init

nul = [this, 5000, nil, ["Fortifications", "Cargo", "Container", "Structures_Walls", "Structures_Fences", "Lamps", "Misc", "Shelters"]] execVM "R3F_LOG\USER_FUNCT\init_creation_factory.sqf";

I got only wall, fortification and few other object...

But i use the R3F for try the gradpersistence script, maybe its better tu use Loli Defense script (never try).

I think the best thing its to use R3F script for all the logistic action and use Loli defense script for base building

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24150

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You guys remember that scene in 28 days later, when swarms of zombies run through a minefield while british soldiers are shooting at them?

I was working on a zed waves spawner this week-end for a remake of that scene. And noticed a few problems with them zombies. There's always something to fix... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The biggest issue I spotted is zombies being unable to correctly update their pathfinding : this tends to happen when they run together in very large numbers - not your everyday scenario in Ravage but mission makers may have witnessed that behaviour. Typically, it ends up with zombies running for a short period of time, stopping for a few seconds, rinse and repeat...

So, here goes another update (no ETA) :

Tweaked :
Zed pathfinding updates should execute a bit faster.

Reduced unnecessary zed pathfinding updates.
Minor optimizations to zombie AI.
Tweaked list of lootable props.
Removed Land_Box_Sack_F from loot containers lists (added as lootable prop).

Fixed :
Zombies had trouble updating their pathfinding when in large groups.
Zombies were able to detect deployed mines and explosives.

The tweaks I made so far are working pretty well, I had packs of 20+ zombies running fluidly in tight formation - no stumbling into each other, no weird pause or anything. The amount of "zigzag"when they're running towards a stationary target has also been reduced a tad in the process.

Oh, and they happily run into mines now.

I'll try to release this one in a week or so; there's a couple of things I'd like to add if I can finish them soon :

- a new Zombie Waves module (watching dozens of them charging a camp with the improved pathfinding is just awesome). I plan on releasing a demo on Malden, an old school, non-stop action survival : the goal would be to survive one night in a fortified location against endless swarms of infected. I think there's good potential for a first official MP demo mission - maybe something à la Battle Royale : players would have a few hours of daylight to gather supplies and arm themselves before the "final night" (those would be 1 or 2 hours long sessions).

- Maybe an ambient conversation system for NPCs. Maybe. Just brainstorming on this right now, but I think it would be cool to hear bandits bitchin' and moanin' about their everyday life while stalking them...

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, haleks said:

I'll try to release this one in a week or so; there's a couple of things I'd like to add if I can finish them soon :

- a new Zombie Waves module (watching dozens of them charge a camp with the improved pathfinding is just awesome). I plan on releasing a demo on Malden, an old school, non-stop action survival : the goal would be to survive one night in a fortified location against endless swarms of infected. I think there's good potential for a first official MP demo mission - maybe something à la Battle Royale : players would have a few hours of daylight to gather supplies and arm themselves before the "final night" (those would be 1 or 2 hours long sessions).

This sounds like a fun module, hope you add a couple of M2 guns for base defence :f:

• Like 1

Wow, you have been non-stop pumping out new stuff and fixes for ages! Thanks a lot for keeping this mod going, it's pretty much my favourite mod for Arma 3.

Also, ambient AI conversations? That sounds really cool! I'd love to walk past a group of AI and hear them speaking to one another casually. Anything that adds ambience and immersion like that is always interesting to me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, haleks said:

- Maybe an ambient conversation system for NPCs. Maybe. Just brainstorming on this right now, but I think it would be cool to hear bandits bitchin' and moanin' about their everyday life while stalking them...

+1 ^^

Johnnyboy had a AI chatter script in his Property of Mabunga mission, it really added some cool ambience, especially at nighttime.    

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Evil Organ said:

+1 ^^

Johnnyboy had a AI chatter script in his Property of Mabunga mission, it really added some cool ambience, especially at nighttime.    

I think once you start playing missions with a feature like this,you wont ever settle for less again.

@haleks anything to breathe more interaction/life with NPCs would be great. Would it be hard to make AI stop on a waypoint,sit down,and spawn a campfire on their POS? That would be awesome when you see the light source at night,sneak up on them and listen to the dialouge...you could even create two types of dialogue,one for friendly NPCs and one for bandits in order to know if you should meet n greet or lock n load ;)

• Like 5

Oh wow, having the AI make a little camp somewhere is a good idea! Would be cool for traders too, since they'd stop and you could wander up to them, do some trading and maybe rest a while at their camp.

On the topic of AI chatter again, I remember playing Arma 2 a while ago on Caribou Frontier with an AI talking script. Turned a corner at this warehouse only to discover what could only be described as a 'clump' of Takistani soldiers milling around whilst a battle was going on around them. They all turned to face me at the exact same time and there was the deafening sound of Arabic voices in both my ears before I was absolutely ripped to pieces by about two dozen rifles. I think I jumped off my chair when that happened.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, haleks said:

the goal would be to survive one night in a fortified location

I’m sure I’m reading too much into this. Could this mean something? Hmmm...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Evil Organ said:

+1 ^^

Wow, that looks like a nice script - lightweight and compatible with everything out there.

I have something different in mind at the moment, but it will be limited to english speaking units at first. The idea I'm working on is to "recycle" ambient talk from BIS campaigns and showcases : there're tons of comments, questions and generic answers wich can be used as random chat, and those feel more natural and human than concatenated speech (seriously BIS, get rid of that for Arma4). Ideally, the player would hear conversations like this :

"How did we end up like this?

- I don't know man..."

Short, generic sentences that would make sense in most situations, basically.

Obviously I'll have to think of a different solution for Farsi speaking units (and other factions, whenever I add them), and it won't be as convincing as the above trick...

@redarmy: Really good idea about NPCs and campfires, I'll definitely work on that! :D

56 minutes ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

I’m sure I’m reading too much into this. Could this mean something? Hmmm...

Yes, you're reading too much. ^^

Right now it's "fortified" as in "tons of automated turrets and mines around the camp". ;)

• Like 4

That would work well! Kind of reminds me of Alien: Isolation and how the NPCs talk to one another, or in STALKER when they're around a campfire.

Actually, now that you've mentioned dialogue, I wonder what sort of voiced audio files are in Arma 3 anyway? I guess I'll go and have a little look'see.

3 hours ago, ContheJon said:

or in STALKER when they're around a campfire.

Excellent time to eat, drink, repack magazines, organize inventory and sing something!

• Like 5

Memories of Misery mod returning...

Now all Ravage needs is for AI to play the guitar around campfires, a guy named Beard to sell you vodka and radioactive animal meat, and plenty of Cheeki Breeki bandits :icon_biggrin:

• Like 2

guys, could u advise me any Ravage mission, that has some mid to endgame content like bandit bases, military forces etc? smth more challenging than road patrol. also up-to-date, old stuff like ROADS wont work with 1.46 I suppose.

and a little offtopic - I was not tracking AI mods for a while - is there AI mod that can utilize buildings now? pretty much all warfare in Ravage is urban, its so painful to see AI not entering buildings at all.

@Caites I can't help you with finding good end game stuff, but I can say that AI do enter buildings. I've seen them in warehouses searching around and in large office buildings. They'll even climb up ladders and everything. If you're in a large city and you don't see any AI, chances are they're in a building somewhere

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, FireWalker said:

11 minutes ago, gaverio said:

This one is really great. Besides bandits, renegades and zombies, you also have a dog, a buddy and a wife

The Road to Outpost 13

ty, I will try both, tho I guess that is not what I'm looking for. I don't care about story or objectives, pure sandbox is totally fine by me, problem is there is only one difficulty spike in the mission - at the very beginning. as soon as u recruit one survivor and get first car and some pills (with some luck its a matter of hour) surviving is over, u can face any enemy and visit any place safely. so I thought mb someone enhanced vanilla Ravage with more threats like military bases, air forces, bandit camps, heavy patrols - that kind of things.

• Like 1

Hello Haleks,

I been enjoying the Ravage Mod for a while now. I combined A3Wasteland with your mod a while back and it worked great. This past week I got back to it and loaded it onto a Server (Ravage Mod 1.41). I noticed the zombies sounds didn't work on the server anymore. So I downloaded the new 1.46 version and also updated CBA to latest version 3.4.1.170912.  When I run the mod on my local machine everything works great. When I push it to the server the AI spawn works fine but the zombies do not spawn.

I just wanted to let you know, maybe you have any ideas.

Thank you

Best Regards

Jaeger aka Frankie

@haleks you mentioned a few posts back that you will be giving more options to players to set settings for NPCs and other little things.

I was wondering does that include zeds health?

Im usually playing against runners,i used a mosin nagant from RHS, and it took three chest shots to down one zed. Needless to say i had to bolt away lol

On 16/10/2017 at 11:20 AM, ContheJon said:

Oh wow, having the AI make a little camp somewhere is a good idea! Would be cool for traders too, since they'd stop and you could wander up to them, do some trading and maybe rest a while at their camp.

On the topic of AI chatter again, I remember playing Arma 2 a while ago on Caribou Frontier with an AI talking script. Turned a corner at this warehouse only to discover what could only be described as a 'clump' of Takistani soldiers milling around whilst a battle was going on around them. They all turned to face me at the exact same time and there was the deafening sound of Arabic voices in both my ears before I was absolutely ripped to pieces by about two dozen rifles. I think I jumped off my chair when that happened.

You can do  something like this really easy in eden editor for make trader camp (its a little bit editor tinkering but its work), like this you can set up a team of trader travelling over the map, stop somewhere for few hour, set up a camp then travel again to an other place, you just need few waypoint and trigger.

A quick vids exemple here :

Mission file here :

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1172502284

• Like 3

22 hours ago, ContheJon said:

Memories of Misery mod returning...

Now all Ravage needs is for AI to play the guitar around campfires, a guy named Beard to sell you vodka and radioactive animal meat, and plenty of Cheeki Breeki bandits :icon_biggrin:

It's just a real shame there are no guitar dudes in Arma. ^^

As a poor replacement, I add these survival radios to my camps, activated by a trigger it plays a continuous loop of acoustic Stalker music, with a little added white noise and vinyl crackle for that AM vibe...

• Like 7
  • Haha 1