39 minutes ago, Evil Organ said:

Thanks for the info man, I'll look into those suggestions later. :f:

.....and now for something completely different. 

Modern day CONTRA!!!

• Like 3

@R0adki11

Indeed, sir, but if this is the only real issue introduced into Ravage by Dev Branch, I'll gladly accept it in exchange for the increased stability it brings.  Usually I just compensate for the missed loot opportunities by increasing the AI population. 

22 hours ago, sentinel329 said:

@R0adki11

Indeed, sir, but if this is the only real issue introduced into Ravage by Dev Branch, I'll gladly accept it in exchange for the increased stability it brings.  Usually I just compensate for the missed loot opportunities by increasing the AI population. 

AI as the main source of weaponry, yes. Which leads me to the question: is there a way to limit AIs armament? I admit I have a mixed setup with DAC and Ravage AI units, but I guess the workflow would be the same if there was only Ravage AI: Find AI units, kill them, tadaaa, you already are perfectly geared up. I was thinking about looping over all units and stealing their weapons with a script.

Or maybe haleks has already considered that in the mod and Ravage AI is not overly armed?

In that case I'll make my DAC units more rare and scattered across the area.,,

Yes, I believe the Ravage AI typically only carry weapons and equipment as defined in the Loot system module, and they are not fully kitted out by design (as opposed to DAC or TPW AI for example).  Personally, I enjoy fighting the AI more than the zombies, but you have to find the right balance when you start increasing AI population, otherwise they wind up just getting mauled by the zeds. For me, this means reducing the ratio of bolter zeds, but increasing the AI hunting percentage to compensate for the reduced threat.

guys i have a problem, can i make a trigger that will clean up alive zombies from the zombie horde module, because when i enter the zombie horde module they spawn and never despawn, how can i fix it? (sorry for my bad english) so... can someone give me some info about that... because i'm making a whole map mission and i don't want to end up in lags...

Hmm, I just had another memory crash in my Altis mission when trying to play it from the scenario menu. Didn't have that before, and I don't think I've played any of my scenarios since after the latest update so I'm wondering what's up.

Is anyone else having issues with scenarios/missions by any chance?

3 hours ago, ContheJon said:

Hmm, I just had another memory crash in my Altis mission when trying to play it from the scenario menu. Didn't have that before, and I don't think I've played any of my scenarios since after the latest update so I'm wondering what's up.

Is anyone else having issues with scenarios/missions by any chance?

Since the Arma update i have also gotten this several times. This usually only happens to me on CUP terrains now it seems to be happening on all terrains. Arma must have broke something.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, one_eyed_croaker said:

Since the Arma update i have also gotten this several times. This usually only happens to me on CUP terrains now it seems to be happening on all terrains. Arma must have broke something.

Okay, thanks for saying that. I was actually wondering if it was my RAM that was acting funny! From the sounds of it, the people on the Steam Workshop can still play my mission fine but for some reason I can't. I mean, I don't know how many have been able to play it (two as far as I can tell, possibly more) so I'm not sure if it's only the mission maker who gets the crash or not.

hey Haleks, pls fix CBA_A3 link in the starting post, it leads to this topic, not to cba

12 hours ago, ContheJon said:

Okay, thanks for saying that. I was actually wondering if it was my RAM that was acting funny! From the sounds of it, the people on the Steam Workshop can still play my mission fine but for some reason I can't. I mean, I don't know how many have been able to play it (two as far as I can tell, possibly more) so I'm not sure if it's only the mission maker who gets the crash or not.

What mission is yours? I have played several recently.

5 hours ago, one_eyed_croaker said:

Played it last night and today with no issues.

Thanks for playing it! Interesting how it appears that other people can play a mission, but the creator can't due to this crash. Do you have any missions I could try out that use Ravage? Any ones made after the last update perhaps that crash for you?

24 minutes ago, ContheJon said:

Thanks for playing it! Interesting how it appears that other people can play a mission, but the creator can't due to this crash. Do you have any missions I could try out that use Ravage? Any ones made after the last update perhaps that crash for you?

I don't publish my missions because of the amount of mods I use. People complain so I just don't put them up. I actually had this happen with the Altis mission by Halek and a mission that had nothing to do with ravage.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, one_eyed_croaker said:

Haleks,

Just to let you know someone has posted Ravage on steam. It's under the user "Wendigo" .

As a user you can report it also. 

• Like 1

I've reported Wendigo and another one I found. I left a message for both of them telling them that Ravage is not allowed on the Steam Workshop and suggesting they come here to find out for themselves.

Wendigo's Ravage upload:
https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=836371544

Another one by Jansen:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=908643428

• Like 2

Thanks guys, looks like both have been removed already.

Thanks everyone for respecting and enforcing the mod license! ;)

• Like 3

Hey man, just wondering ( or just in being nosy..lol)

But why do mod makers opt out of Steam?

21 minutes ago, Mordacai said:

Hey man, just wondering ( or just in being nosy..lol)

But why do mod makers opt out of Steam?

Well because alot of mod makers including myself don't agree with the End User License Agreement provided by steam. As we want to protect our work, our hard work and all of the 100's of hours put into making content. If steam was policed better, i am sure more modders might be more interested in using steam.

• Like 4

@Evil Organ Oh, that's very pretty! Actually, it sort of reminds me of the early morning/late afternoon sky of Fallout 3 for some reason.

5 hours ago, kodabar said:

I've reported Wendigo and another one I found. I left a message for both of them telling them that Ravage is not allowed on the Steam Workshop and suggesting they come here to find out for themselves.

Wendigo's Ravage upload:
https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=836371544

Another one by Jansen:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=908643428

3 hours ago, haleks said:

Thanks guys, looks like both have been removed already.

Thanks everyone for respecting and enforcing the mod license! ;)

I am extremely sorry for uploading it to steam. My friends and I have really been getting into Ravage lately and a couple more friends wanted to try it out too but arent that savy with technology so I uploaded it for ease of access without even realizing there was a direct warning saying not to upload it to steam. Kodabar notified me and I removed it straight away. 

Sorry for the momentary lapse in brainpower,

Jansen

Edited by Azola21
added Jansen to the end in case of confusion as to who I was.
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Azola21 said:

My friends and I have really been getting into Ravage lately and a couple more friends wanted to try it out too but arent that savy with technology

Thank you so very much for taking it down and coming on here. It's very decent of you. I appreciate your intentions were good. It is possible to upload mods and restrict them to 'friends only' so that they don't appear in the search results. I'm not sure Haleks could approve of such a thing (it might imply tacit endorsement of the Workshop), but no one would ever know outside your friends list.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, kodabar said:

Thank you so very much for taking it down and coming on here. It's very decent of you. I appreciate your intentions were good. It is possible to upload mods and restrict them to 'friends only' so that they don't appear in the search results. I'm not sure Haleks could approve of such a thing (it might imply tacit endorsement of the Workshop), but no one would ever know outside your friends list.

I am totally fine with private addons collections for player groups; as long as access to it is not paid or used as a pretext to collect donations for obscur server costs. ;)

• Like 4