1 minute ago, Estron said:

let me do more experimenting, this is my first ever mission 

No problem buddy!

Some suggestions : make sure you read those Eden tutorials, and take your time : it's easier to place one module/object at a time, preview and test, and move on to the next thing. ;)

• Like 2

Hi there, excellent mod. Been trying this out for the first time in the editor. Really suits what I had in mind to play with some friends.

I like editing my own missions, and I had an idea to integrate into my mission together with the Ravage mod. But I could use a little insight if my plan is feasible.

From what I understood, there are traders, survivors, bandits (and renegades? not entirely sure what the difference is). The bandits also fight each other (different factions), that is correct right? At least, that's what I read in the description.

But I am not entirely sure how you managed that, because there are after all only 3 sides (and civilians). Anyway, to get to what I would like to achieve:

I want to add another side into the mix: the military. I want to create a military force that is active in some strategic locations, with its sole objective to contain the threat on the island/map. Their rules of engagement are simple: Kill anyone who goes near them, a bit similar to what you had in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl is what I had in mind.

Would this technically be possible? I was thinking of using DAC or Alive to achieve this, probably DAC. My issue is, because you have 3 sides, there can normally only ever be 3 seperate sides fighting eachother, unless you somehow managed to bypass that? I want everything as-is, bandits fighting survivors, zombies, traders and other bandits. But also fighting military, and the military fighting everything and anything they see. Exterminate everyone.

love the idea. the only thing that Ravage lacks is the end-game content, some threat u cant deal with until u get mid-game stuff like vehicle with machine gun and gunner or heli and a lot of ammo.

tho that will be a performance hit considering static nature of those military spots I guess.

regarding Stalker - also that would be amazing to see mod with some kind of competition with AI bots, where both u and bots should survive in equal conditions, but heh I suppose it is hardly possible in ArmA environment.

5 minutes ago, Caites said:

love the idea. the only thing that Ravage lacks is the end-game content, some threat u cant deal with until u get mid-game stuff like vehicle with machine gun and gunner or heli and a lot of ammo.

I assume you have met the armed jeep patrols yet?

4 minutes ago, R0adki11 said:

I assume you have met the armed jeep patrols yet?

yep. they could be a threat if not awful AI, sometimes passengers don't even disembark, just waiting for death inside. same for the heli btw, when its landed, crew is not always trying to attack.

guess only static encampment with seriously armed perimeter could be a real threat for a player in late game.

2 hours ago, Georilla said:

Hi there, excellent mod. Been trying this out for the first time in the editor. Really suits what I had in mind to play with some friends.

I like editing my own missions, and I had an idea to integrate into my mission together with the Ravage mod. But I could use a little insight if my plan is feasible.

From what I understood, there are traders, survivors, bandits (and renegades? not entirely sure what the difference is). The bandits also fight each other (different factions), that is correct right? At least, that's what I read in the description.

But I am not entirely sure how you managed that, because there are after all only 3 sides (and civilians). Anyway, to get to what I would like to achieve:

I want to add another side into the mix: the military. I want to create a military force that is active in some strategic locations, with its sole objective to contain the threat on the island/map. Their rules of engagement are simple: Kill anyone who goes near them, a bit similar to what you had in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl is what I had in mind.

Would this technically be possible? I was thinking of using DAC or Alive to achieve this, probably DAC. My issue is, because you have 3 sides, there can normally only ever be 3 seperate sides fighting eachother, unless you somehow managed to bypass that? I want everything as-is, bandits fighting survivors, zombies, traders and other bandits. But also fighting military, and the military fighting everything and anything they see. Exterminate everyone.

Hi!

Relations between factions will depend on your mission general attributes/settings, but yeah the idea is to have a friendly faction/side (survivors & traders), two hostile factions (wich can fight each other as well) and "renegades" : those are lone bandits who will shoot at everyone (including other renegades). Although renegades aren't really a fourth faction, they are using the civilian side with a few tricks.

Technically, having the military as a fourth side is possible, since we do have four sides. Of course one of the factions would have to be using the CIV side, and this would require all the other factions to be set to "hostile" towards civilians.

The only thing to remember is that wild life is "civilian" too, so don't be surprised if the AI starts shooting down birds & rabbits! ;)

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, haleks said:

Hi!

Relations between factions will depend on your mission general attributes/settings, but yeah the idea is to have a friendly faction/side (survivors & traders), two hostile factions (wich can fight each other as well) and "renegades" : those are lone bandits who will shoot at everyone (including other renegades). Although renegades aren't really a fourth faction, they are using the civilian side with a few tricks.

Technically, having the military as a fourth side is possible, since we do have four sides. Of course one of the factions would have to be using the CIV side, and this would require all the other factions to be set to "hostile" towards civilians.

The only thing to remember is that wild life is "civilian" too, so don't be surprised if the AI starts shooting down birds & rabbits! ;)

I see, thanks for the info. Will take a look and try this out, just as a test. Although, maybe it isn´t so weird to have AI shoot down birds and rabbits, after all they are hungry too, haha.

• Like 1

I just posted a new workshop mission...
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=840876748&searchtext=

Just a general Ravage in Altis MP survival sandbox. Four players. You only need Ravage and CBA_A3. You can use optional mods like RHS, CUP, etc. Hope you like it! I'm going to stream this with some friends tonight. Come by and see me...

http://www.twitch.tv/DonniePCgames

• Like 3

I need help when i launch ravage it disable my editor option in apex main menu and when i launch the scenario mission either altis or tonoa it give an error (bad version 73 p3d ) 

I realy want play this game 

And i am using arma 3 1.62 nonstream 

I've uploaded a Steam Workshop mission yesterday: Escape to Spartan http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=840785787 . I was trying to make a more action-oriented zombie mission, begining in the city instead of some empty location. Ravage's randomness creates intense and fresh moments each new gameplay, like a npc vehicle running through the city followed by 20 angry zombies, or following a 5 man friendly npc raiders group around. This is the type of gameplay I aways wanted, and no other game/mod delivered to me until now. Thanks for your mod, Haleks. Cheers.

P.s. - I think the wells could have some more water inside.

• Like 3

@Flopstar : Pirated copies of the game aren't supported.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, donniepcgames said:

I just posted a new workshop mission...
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=840876748&searchtext=

Just a general Ravage in Altis MP survival sandbox. Four players. You only need Ravage and CBA_A3. You can use optional mods like RHS, CUP, etc. Hope you like it! I'm going to stream this with some friends tonight. Come by and see me...

http://www.twitch.tv/DonniePCgames

Nice one Donnie!

Make sure to upload some on youtube, I didn't get a chance to catch the stream. ;)

One thing though I want to mention regarding supported mods in MP :

If any of the supported mod is loaded on the host machine (and if said mod is enabled via the modules), it will affect the gear available in the mission, wether players have those mods active or not.

To avoid errors ingame (such as invisible gear and error messages), it is important that everyone uses the exact same mod set as the server - at least regarding supported mods (RHS, CUP, IFA3 etc).

This advice does not only apply to Ravage, it's good practice for any MP session.

Some updates on the next version!

As some of you may know, we are focussing on multiplayer and dedicated servers for this update. Zed spawning received some major improvements; obviously their AI will now be off-loaded to dedicated servers, but we also identified and fixed critical issues preventing the ambient module from working as intended - especially on large scales. A lot of MP issues related to other aspects of Ravage have also been adressed - using the BIS respawn system should be safe after the update, no matter the configuration of the mission : game-breaking problems should be gone, and I've added some anti-exploit measures.

Besides that, the endless hunt for bugs goes on, but I think I've managed to get rid off the last RPT errors : those of you guys who play with "-showScriptErrors" will have noticed that a few of them keep popping up in v0.1.42... The update should definitely put an end to this (fingers crossed).

The next build will also have a couple of goodies :

- first iteration of improved animal behaviour (limited to rabbits for now).

- support file for CUP terrains : activate it if you want to kill those street lights. ;)

The RC build will soon be ready for testing.

Here's the current changelog :

Tweaked :
Survival module now deletes player bodies unless other players are in the vicinity.
The zed spawn process has been overhauled.
Zed spawn distances now adapt to player's velocity.
The MQ-12 Falcon has been added to the "WEST drones" list (Ambiant AI module).
Removed Rifles from Darters (they still signal targets to nearby UGVs).
Reworked hunting behaviour for bandits.
Disabled "Horde Behaviour" for now as its functionality is broken (Horde module).
Restored ATM & kiosks models.
Added a new uniform for zombies.
The "rvg_owned" variable can now be used to exclude weaponHolders and bags from the clean-up system.
Tweaked vanilla gear lists (loot & AI) :
- Added more civilian uniforms.
- Military gear limited to more generic content (AAF gear was removed, emphasis on NATO gear).

Fixed :
Survival variables are now correctly reset on respawn.
Players were unable to remove attached chemlights after respawning.
Fixed several loot clean-up issues on dedicated servers.
Zeds were seeing hidden entities.
Ambient Zed module could spawn more zeds than the set maximum limit.
Zeds sometimes not spawning in very dense urban areas.
Removed some redundant distance checks before spawning zeds.
AI infinite ammo system now works when firing from a vehicle.
Fixed an issue causing spawned NPCs to be naked or use the wrong gear presets.
The Loot Search feature wasn't working in MP.
Fix for off-center view after consuming survival items.
Fixed an issue preventing players from unfolding sleeping bags or tents inside buildings.
Spawned drones would cause RPT errors.
Minor fix to the 28 years later mission.
Fixed an error in Multiplayer Saves Manager scenario.
Fixed an issue with traders re-supply.
Fixed missing model configs.
Fix for various RPT errors.

New :
New Support addon for CUP terrains : disables artificial light sources and fuel feeds.
Zed spawns are now processed on the server if dedicated.
Rabbits will now flee when they detect danger.
Updated IFA3 support.
Mod support for IFA3 now includes automatic support for LEN weapons pack.
New setting to the Ambient AI module defining chances for each bandit faction to hunt players.
New setting to the Equipment Pool module to limit stock content :
- currently excludes vanilla uniforms from the gear lists.
- should be used in combination with supported addons.
New BIkeys.

Thanks to everyone for reporting bugs, testing, creating content or playing the mod!

• Like 9

13 hours ago, FLOPSTAR said:

I need help when i launch ravage it disable my editor option in apex main menu and when i launch the scenario mission either altis or tonoa it give an error (bad version 73 p3d )

And i am using arma 3 1.62 nonstream 

To run Ravage, you always need the latest version of ArmA 3. I think 1.62 is the latest of the pirate versions. You can still run Ravage, but you'll need an earlier version. If you have a look at the wiki, previous versions of Ravage are on there and you should be able to find one that works. But apart from that, you're on your own.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NinjaCode said:

What do safe sone module piece do?

It prevents hostile AI intrusions; it also keeps the survival module from spawning a radioactive zone in the vicinity.

Just now, haleks said:

It prevents hostile AI intrusions; it also keeps the survival module from spawning a radioactive zone in the vicinity.

But it allows zombies?

Yes, zombies are handled via the zombie Blacklist module - but I might eventually get rid off it and extend the safezone functionalities.

2 minutes ago, haleks said:

Yes, zombies are handled via the zombie Blacklist module - but I might eventually get rid off it and extend the safezone functionalities.

Ok, so on I'm on tanoa and trying to set a base to play, but I want a zombie free zone. I should be using a blacklist module?

I think it's good the way it is. As far as I understand:

1. Blacklist prevents zombies.
2. Safe zone prevents ai all together.

Which is good and flexible. Don't think you need to remove any of it especially if it works. Optional are always good.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

59 minutes ago, CrossGTX said:

I think it's good the way it is. As far as I understand:

1. Blacklist prevents zombies.
2. Safe zone prevents ai all together.

Which is good and flexible. Don't think you need to remove any of it especially if it works. Optional are always good.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Do I need a trigger to set both the safe zone and black list?

I have put one over the area and there are zombies, how do I make it initiate?

The blacklist module is a tad broken at the moment. :/

I'll try to get it fixed for the update.

Possible bug. Safe zone not deleting ai that which spawn Inside safe zone.

42 minutes ago, Caluu66x said:

Possible bug. Safe zone not deleting ai that which spawn Inside safe zone.

Can confirm that as well. 

• Like 1