Haleks, this mod is so friggin fun, I am super late to the party but thank you for making it!

I never really had the urge to zombie up my ARMA experience haha but I always wanted a mod that allowed me to run around and randomly bump into trouble.  With your mod I get to shoot at Indep, OPFOR aaand zombies, perfect!

I'm liking it so much I have entertained the idea of setting up a dedicated server so I can enjoy some of the persistence aspects of a survival mod.

Well done man.

• Like 4

Just wondering..what is it about Icebreakr's Lingor that causes the Zombie module not to work?Everything else functions as it should but when I place the zed module,the creatures don't spawn.Placing them manually in the editor/Zeus will spawn yet in-game when I shoot one the game crashes.Not much of a problem for me, just curious as there are cpl other isles out there similar to Lingor I can use.

1 hour ago, miasdad said:

Just wondering..what is it about Icebreakr's Lingor that causes the Zombie module not to work?Everything else functions as it should but when I place the zed module,the creatures don't spawn.Placing them manually in the editor/Zeus will spawn yet in-game when I shoot one the game crashes.Not much of a problem for me, just curious as there are cpl other isles out there similar to Lingor I can use.

Could you share your .rpt file? As that will help locate the issue. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, miasdad said:

The whole thing or..?

Well the one when you encountered the issue, ideally put it in a compressed file or post it here but please use to spoiler tags so that thread is kept tidy.

On 02/01/2017 at 5:25 AM, Ясон Нгуен said:

My game keeps crashing with "Bad version" errors ! these p3ds are : grilledmeat, toolbox and guttingknife

Could you tell us a bit about your setup?

Normally these kind of errors come up because the version of ArmA 3 is out of date. The latest version of Ravage always requires the latest version of ArmA 3.

When you are at the main menu in ArmA 3, you can see what version it is in the bottom right corner. The latest Windows version of ArmA 3 is 1.66.139586.

The Linux version is normally a bit behind - use an earlier version of Ravage to get round this. The wiki has earlier versions on it (bottom of the main page) http://ravage.wikia.com/wiki/Ravage_Wikia
Pirate versions of ArmA 3 seem to be 1.62

• Like 2

On 25.12.2016 at 11:27 PM, Not_Oliver said:

Quick question, how is the compatibility of Ravage with the new Taunus terrain? Do the buildings work? Not home atm, so I can't test

So, do you have some experience now? Here mission starting takes aaaaages. Minutes. I am not sure what is causing this, but maybe Ravage is looking through all objects/buildings?

I gave Taunus a quick try with the Ravage modules recently : everything seems to work well.

Of course, the scale and complexity of that map being unprecedented, there's stuff to keep in mind :

- the loot system should be limited to the "loot search" feature. It is the most economical, and there's plenty of furnitures to search.

- distances between towns are really huge; given the current state of the mod, I'm not sure how much fun it can be if players don't have a car.

- some places will kill your framerate, with or without Ravage's help. :D

4 minutes ago, haleks said:

I gave Taunus a quick try with the Ravage modules recently : everything seems to work well.

Now I am curious: How long does it take from Eden into mission via Mission Preview? I'm sorting out, what the problem is here on my side.

- Without mods: like 7 seconds

- With Ravage (but also DAC etc.): 2 Minutes+

Thanks!

I don't know; I have always noticed that loading times are longer with several mods loaded, but I don't know why exactly (maybe the game is reading/checking all the configs?)...

Incidentally, I saw that the dev branch had some optimizations for people "with a lot of addons" : maybe this thing will be fixed with the next stable update?

9 minutes ago, haleks said:

I don't know; I have always noticed that loading times are longer with several mods loaded, but I don't know why exactly (maybe the game is reading/checking all the configs?)...

Incidentally, I saw that the dev branch had some optimizations for people "with a lot of addons" : maybe this thing will be fixed with the next stable update?

Alright, I removed unnecessary maps and mods, the long mission loading time is not Ravages fault. Now mission loads up in <10 seconds. I don't know what the troublemaker was. Maybe Open Chernarus Project, but I do not know.

• Like 1

I am playing Ravage with this @Recolor preset btw., not overly brown as always:

"PostApoc Taunus",1.04,1.12,-0.18,0.15,0.2,0.25,-0.32,1,1,1,0.85,0.5,0.2,0,0,0,1,1,0,1
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, R0adki11 said:

Well the one when you encountered the issue, ideally put it in a compressed file or post it here but please use to spoiler tags so that thread is kept tidy.

NM..got it to work late last night..seems 1 too many AI mods loaded overwhelmed the mission..

• Like 1

I too have tried Taunus with all Ravage modules, scaling them back trying to find a sweet spot for performance, sadly as a map for an open world survival experience the performance in terms of fps is bad, and ultimately unplayable for me, and I have a relatively beefy system. Even playing alone on a dedicated server, framerates are far to unstable for any kind of fun....but i think inwardly we all knew it would be this way.

• Like 1

Yes, Taunus is more of a technical demo - at the moment!

Besides the patch(es) Silola and friends are working on, there is also the incoming 64 bits version of Arma3. Actually playing on Taunus might not sound so crazy in a few months (fingers crossed). ;)

....and toes....^^

• Like 1

Hello guys. Was not playing for a while (since 1.39). Which AI bots mod works best with Ravage right now? I was using bCombat with no issues back then, but wonder maybe something else works better? ty

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Caites said:

Hello guys. Was not playing for a while (since 1.39). Which AI bots mod works best with Ravage right now? I was using bCombat with no issues back then, but wonder maybe something else works better? ty

bCombat works wonderful still with this, its wht i am using!! :D

2 minutes ago, Caluu66x said:

bCombat works wonderful still with this, its wht i am using!! :D

yeah I love how AI is flanking and looking for cover, but afair bCombat does not work with buildings at all and has no proper driving module. maybe someone has Ravage experience with new versions of VCOM or ASR or scripts of some kind?

BIS recently overhauled the AI driving; I suggest you try without AI mods first.

I never felt the need to use AI total modifications while playing Ravage - infantry does fare well in small numbers, most of the time.

The only addon I use is ace_ai : it's a light mod that tweaks configs only.

• Like 3

Good point, I should try setting the vanilla AI free from mods and see how it goes.

I use ASR AI but only because I already had it plugged in the day I grabbed Ravage.  No ill effects from it that I have witnessed.  

Bcombat was great but I have not used it in a couple of months... I don't even recall why I switched to ASR.

VCOM is really good, best I have ever seen. I'd be using it right now but he has a bug with it currently that inundates the engines scheduler ( or something like that) resulting in the inability to call for support, issue squad commands etc.

Can't play nothing without ASR AI...from few ArmA titles back :D

Bandits react like real players-and they will hunt you inside buildings.

(I got instagibbed 1 hour ago in my rogue-like 3rd day-Ravage session

@About driving

Freshly tested the mod..i ve seen bandit drivers having serious difficulties

moving on villages.

Also i was testing a mission i m creating on CLafghan..and drivers there was crappy also.

You should test VCOM driving AI again i think.There aren't that much of vehicles to clog the system

in a way you ll notice...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, haleks said:

BIS recently overhauled the AI driving; I suggest you try without AI mods first.

I never felt the need to use AI total modifications while playing Ravage - infantry does fare well in small numbers, most of the time.

The only addon I use is ace_ai : it's a light mod that tweaks configs only.

tbh without AI mods its a shooting gallery, AI bandits will take a knee at best, no flanking, no suppression. also without burst fire they dying to zeds way too fast.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tortuosit said:

Someone posted loot positions in the Taunus thread. Interesting for Ravage? https://github.com/CoftSock/Taunus-loot-positions/blob/master/lootpositions.hpp

Nope, the loot spawner from Ravage is probably a tad simpler than the Exile one (wich seems to be based on the dayz mod, with relative positions and whatnot).

I could run a few scripts on my end and see what buildings are missing - but it would be easier if I knew what addons exactly have been used on Taunus first.

By the way, did anyone see any of those : http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=29678

But anyway : I don't recommend using the loot spawner on Taunus! Except the loot search feature, it won't spawn a ton of simulated containers and won't affect performances.