Hey guys. Just had a weird thing happen.

I'm making a mission. Haven't enabled any ravage modules yet.

When a trigger activates a Syndikat bandit fire team spawns as an ambush.

Everyone starts shooting them. The relation is set to enemy. About 15 secs later a guy in my squad says "assuming control" and my AI squad shoots me. Any idea wtf is going on? xD

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hi guys!

Here's a quick update on the future release :

Tweaked :
The zed spawn process has been overhauled.
Zed spawn distances now adapt to player's velocity.
The MQ-12 Falcon has been added to the "WEST drones" list (Ambiant AI module).
Removed Rifles from Darters.
Reworked hunting behaviour for bandits.
Reworked ambiant music system.
Disabled "Horde Behaviour" for now as its functionality is broken.
Restored ATM & kiosks models.
Added a new uniform for zombies.
Tweaked vanilla gear lists (loot & AI) :
- Added more civilian uniforms.
- Military gear limited to more generic content (AAF gear was removed, emphasis on NATO gear).

Fixed :
Ambient Zed module could spawn more zeds than the set maximum limit.
Zeds sometimes not spawning in very dense urban areas.
Removed some redundant distance checks before spawning zeds.
AI infinite ammo system now works when firing from a vehicle.
Fixed an issue causing spawned NPCs to be naked or use the wrong gear presets.
The Loot Search feature wasn't working in MP.
Fix for off-center view after consuming survival items.
Fixed an issue preventing players from unfolding sleeping bags or tents inside buildings.
Spawned drones would cause RPT errors.
Minor fix to the 28 years later mission.
Fixed an issue with traders re-supply.
Fix for various RPT errors.

New :
WIP : zed spawns are now processed on the server if dedicated.
Updated IFA3 support.
Mod support for IFA3 now includes automatic support for LEN weapons pack.
New setting to the Ambient AI module defining chances for each bandit faction to hunt players.
New setting to the Equipment Pool module to limit stock content :
- currently excludes vanilla uniforms from the gear lists.
- should be used in combination with supported addons.
New BIkeys.

Work is ongoing to make zombies compatible with dedicated servers; it was also a good occasion to re-factor some bits of the code : the spawning process received some improvements to make it work better on larger scales, some optimizations have been made as well (condition checks are less numerous, more economical and efficient - this should greatly benefit SP as well). Overall the way infected spawn around players should feel more fluid and transparent in the next version.

So, that part is WIP still, but tests already show good potential... ;)

• Like 12

On 27/12/2016 at 10:53 PM, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa said:

The Linux branch is behind.

I finally managed to reliably reproduce the error. It is indeed caused by the Linux version being behind. As Haleks mentions, the wiki has the previous versions of Ravage on it, so the only solution is to use one of those. On the main page of the wiki, previous versions are listed at the bottom.

• Like 4

Hey Guys, I seem to be having a problem with my trader city. The traders that I have placed, their shops invantory is empty. Is there some code or something that I have to add to make them have invantory, or did i miss something.

29 minutes ago, wasbob45 said:

Hey Guys, I seem to be having a problem with my trader city. The traders that I have placed, their shops invantory is empty. Is there some code or something that I have to add to make them have invantory, or did i miss something.

If you want an arms trader add this to any units init....

this setVariable ["isTrader", "rvg_arms_s", true]

If you want a supplies trader add this to any units init....

this setVariable ["isTrader", "rvg_supplies_s", true]

If you want your trader to remain static you will need to uncheck the unit's "Enable Simulation" 

Also make sure you have placed an Ambient AI module.

think this should cover it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Evil Organ said:

If you want an arms trader add this to any units init....

this setVariable ["isTrader", "rvg_arms_s", true]

If you want a supplies trader add this to any units init....

this setVariable ["isTrader", "rvg_supplies_s", true]

If you want your trader to remain static you will need to uncheck the unit's "Enable Simulation" 

Also make sure you have placed an Ambient AI module.

think this should cover it.

Yeas i have done all of that but still the traders Shop invantory is empty when i get there. Like they have nothing that i can buy, but the stuff i sell them

I just tested this in the editor before posting and both traders have an inventory to sell so i'm not sure what your issue could be dude. Sorry!

I guess you will have to wait for haleks thoughts.

Edit....Here is a link to the test mission i just created....

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uhmw2qmop9mm2fr/AAAXO-hIluq43i4jwNivE5kLa?dl=0

• Like 1

Worked for me also. Only thing I did different was add a semi-colon "  ;  "   at the end of the code:    this setVariable ["isTrader", "rvg_supplies_s", true];

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, FireWalker said:

Worked for me also. Only thing I did different was add a semi-colon "  ;  "   at the end of the code:    this setVariable ["isTrader", "rvg_supplies_s", true];

Just to clarify, it works with or without the semi-colon, the semi-colon is required if additional code is being added to the unit's init. :smile_o:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wasbob45 said:

Traders are supposed to "resupply" every once in a while : previous items are cleared and new ones to sell are added. That part is broken at the moment and will be fixed with the next release.

• Like 3

How do I make my mission survivors recruitable? I think they have to be on the Blufor side? Also if I play as civilian no one seems to shoot at me not even opfor raiders. I have my mission set so indep is not allied with anyone. I'm playing on tanoa atm and some times the loot models spawn upside down.

If u guys get a moment please try ravage with these 2 mods. Bcombat-V.0.18 and TPW-MODS "using tpw mods for the fog,  mist, heat waves, fireflies script, soap, and fly; I disabled civs/crowd and cars and all the ai stuff as I'm using the bcombat to make raiders and indep far more deadly in combat cause u know this is a survival situation"

Also traders would be cool too I seen the script above and that looks fun. I'd like a trader town or even tent city. 

I have noticed that sometimes zombies don't spawn much even with the ambient zombie module set with sun setting to allow them to spawn during the day. 75 zombies. 275 radius and sun settings to No. I may get like 25 in a town at a time. Does it matter how big the town is? There may be a conflicting with either the tpw mods or the bcombat mod but have noticed the zombies like forming lines and wandering roads. Someone check that out for me please.

Thanks

Caluu66x 

2 hours ago, Caluu66x said:

How do I make my mission survivors recruitable? I think they have to be on the Blufor side? Also if I play as civilian no one seems to shoot at me not even opfor raiders. I have my mission set so indep is not allied with anyone. I'm playing on tanoa atm and some times the loot models spawn upside down.

If u guys get a moment please try ravage with these 2 mods. Bcombat-V.0.18 and TPW-MODS "using tpw mods for the fog,  mist, heat waves, fireflies script, soap, and fly; I disabled civs/crowd and cars and all the ai stuff as I'm using the bcombat to make raiders and indep far more deadly in combat cause u know this is a survival situation"

Also traders would be cool too I seen the script above and that looks fun. I'd like a trader town or even tent city. 

I have noticed that sometimes zombies don't spawn much even with the ambient zombie module set with sun setting to allow them to spawn during the day. 75 zombies. 275 radius and sun settings to No. I may get like 25 in a town at a time. Does it matter how big the town is? There may be a conflicting with either the tpw mods or the bcombat mod but have noticed the zombies like forming lines and wandering roads. Someone check that out for me please.

Thanks

Caluu66x 

Hello Caluu66x! You are asking pretty much same questions as I was a short while back. :)

1. You need to be on a side for Survivors to be recruitable. Either BLUFOR, OPFOR or INDEP. To turn a civilian onto a side do the following (example): Place a civilian, Place an OPFOR unit nearby, Connect them holding Ctrl + Using Mouse, Delete OPFOR Unit. Now your civilian unit will be OPFOR and will be able to recruit OPFOR Survivors and wear ANY type of uniform.

2. You don't HAVE to be BLUFOR as long as you are the same side as SURVIVORS.

3. Loot spawn glitches I guess is just something we have to live with.

I believe you have to set relations via RAVAGE Ambient AI Module. Example:

Hostile: OPFOR

Hostile2: INDEP

Friendly: BLUFOR Survivors.

In this scenario you would have to be BLUFOR to recruit, but you can switch it to your liking.

Best of luck!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, CrossGTX said:

Hello Caluu66x! You are asking pretty much same questions as I was a short while back. :)

1. You need to be on a side for Survivors to be recruitable. Either BLUFOR, OPFOR or INDEP. To turn a civilian onto a side do the following (example): Place a civilian, Place an OPFOR unit nearby, Connect them holding Ctrl + Using Mouse, Delete OPFOR Unit. Now your civilian unit will be OPFOR and will be able to recruit OPFOR Survivors and wear ANY type of uniform.

In this scenario you would have to be BLUFOR to recruit, but you can switch it to your liking.

Best of luck!

Thank you good sir. Very good information there.

Thanks.

Caluu66x 

in relation to the zed spawns

we are doing some testing on Haleks improved system now

-i believe we are attempting to 

-increase spawn consistency and dispersion

- allow for more zeds with a constant framerate

-eliminate the patchiness of the some of the spawns , ie when they are thick in one place and not another

the conga line thing is a bis pathfinding thing i believe... ie, there is the target, here is my route, and each entity is calculating it the same way thus  following the same path... not sure if that can be adjusted as much as we all would like...

The sun setting in the module, if i am not mistaken(which i frequently am), means when set to yes... you will have LESS zombies during daytime and more at night up to the cap.

so if you want a consistent amount of zeds day and night then that setting needs to be set to off

Cheers guys!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, cosmic10r said:

the conga line thing is a bis pathfinding thing i believe... ie, there is the target, here is my route, and each entity is calculating it the same way thus  following the same path... not sure if that can be adjusted as much as we all would like...

Ahh.....the conga line, well we certainly have come a long way from this.....

:don11:

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Evil Organ said:

Ahh.....the conga line, well we certainly have come a long way from this.....

:don11:

Haha wtf! That's amazing!

5 hours ago, CrossGTX said:

Best of luck!

Hey do I need to sync them together or basically group it then delete the indep or opfor or Blufor unit? When I ctrl click my character plus the opfor/blufor/indep it brings up the line boxes around both characters. Is that wht u mean? Also has a wierd like prvt first class looking symbol on the Blufor guy. Maybe show me a video of what u mean good sir/madam.

Edit: ctrl+left click the opfor/blufor/indep character right?

Then delete?

Edited by Caluu66x

Hi All, I have questions related to loot system, I am working on a mission I was wondering if someone can answer some of my questions:

Map is Chernarus

1. Can Loot be arranged by classes to buildings or even better furniture? example have weapnons on spawn in military buildings and what not, another example is to stop the spawning of weapons in a fridge or first aid in oven. if this is possible can you please direct me to where I need to be looking? what to change?

2. How to make some loot items more rare than others? example may be that I want to make the chance of finding a tent 1%, is this possible? if so can you please explain?

3. Are some of the searchable items (fridges, cabinets etc..) static map items or does Ravage spawn or have the ability to spawn some of them?

4. If Ravage does not spawn furniture, can more be added by mission makers? and if yes what about new or furniture from other mods?

Apologies if some of those questions were answered before, there are 172 pages to go through if you late comer like me ...

PS: I once saw a comment about Crossbow mod for arma 3, I tried to do some google search I couldn't find it, does any one recall seeing one out there?

thanks  

3 minutes ago, ggdyy22 said:

Kind of...You have to decide what can stay local (player or server), what needs to be sync and when. It's just a matter of organization.

Feel free to PM me if you need it.

Was this reply to my post? or someone else?

How do I change a recruited survivor from a pistal to an extra rifle and ammo I have in my truck?

On 30/12/2016 at 7:22 AM, Evil Organ said:

Just to clarify, it works with or without the semi-colon, the semi-colon is required if additional code is being added to the unit's init. :smile_o:

I tried this but I get some wierd menu entry thing and this...

0= trademenu pushback  ["exit...'

Error undifined variable in expression: _shoptype 

File ravage\actions\buymenu.sqf, line 19

Using this mod with exile, I am using the loot system module via mission.sqm the crates are spawning however they spawn empty, any one have a clue why that is? when I do it editor it works fine, should I be calling the loot spawn from mission pbo?