Looks great... Excited to try it out Haleks, Keep it up!

Haha, hopefully no : I hope each our mod will play & feel differently! ;)

But I am confident it will be the case - our development methods are already quite different from what I can tell.

It is quite impressive to see that you are modelling/creating everything you need all by yourself - sadly I don't have the time (nor the knowledge) for such a huge task.

That's why I opted for supporting existing addons (eventhough it can confuse newcomers who might believe that all these mods are requirements).

Anyway, all the best for your project!

• Like 1

Download link

Soon!

:(

:(

I know right, I can't wait to play this when its released, it looks so promising!

Believe me guys, I wish it was released already. ^^'

I'm focussing on getting the mod ready for release (just need to sort out a few problems with my install :mad:); there shouldn't be any drastic changes to the current code (I probably won't have enough time for it anyway) and there's no documentation for mission making - but since that area is still WIP...

Also note that the first release will only showcase Altis, Stratis will probably showcase more complex mechanisms on the second release (the size of that terrain makes things easier/quicker for me).

Don't have much left to do, I just hope I can get it done fast eventhough the next weeks are going to be quite busy for me!

I can honestly say, animating and making models are not hard at all, once you get used to the mechanisms. ;) (Using the blender toolbox is like a dream, and being used to it could take less than a minute or so to make an animation pose)

I would be happy to let you use my upcoming mod with your mod to add that extra realism. :) (But as always, set the mod as a requirement, not included with the mod)

So, guys, what else than the post-apocalyptic genre features zombies and radiations?

Science-fiction of course!

I recently stumbled on this video (featured in SITREP 00114), wich managed to put me in some serious "Mass Effect" mood (kudos to Binary Orchestra for showcasing such underrated mods!) :

I was thinking about new scenarios for small and optional missions for Ravage, and this short-movie is giving me quite a few ideas! :devil:

Do you guys remember those secondary missions in Mass Effect where you get to discover outposts filled with scientists turned into zombies by creepy alien robots?

25acad2e-c9ee-4a05-9aa8-816acfd35983.jpg

7912aae4-7c6a-4ba2-88ee-348087f384ec.jpg

208e4501-0a8b-4ee7-9110-45bdad16d0d9.jpg

:scratchchin: I think I found a new thema for the first batch of missions!

...Still have to get the first release done though... ^^'

Speaking of wich : I'm sorry to say that the feral dogs won't be part of the first phase after all.

Too much to do and too little time these days; on the other hand that means that I'll be able to release the mod a bit sooner despite the lack of free time.

• Like 3

I am considering uploading the mod to steam, mainly because I don't want to be bothered with people uploading it up there without my permission...

Any of you guys know if the "one PBO only" rule still stands?

• Like 1

I am considering uploading the mod to steam, mainly because I don't want to be bothered with people uploading it up there without my permission...

I like the Steam workshop, updates are done automagically, I have many workshop addons with more than 1 .pbo file, Epoch is 14 x .pbo files plus bisigns and other files.

For missions obviously one pbo only but for addons it I do not believe it is limited.

Thanks guys.

By the way the OP has been updated with the credits.

(And a WIP list of issues I don't have time to fix right now!)

Use the Publisher program found in Arma 3 Tools. You can combine your mod folder into workshop.

Use the Publisher program found in Arma 3 Tools. You can combine your mod folder into workshop.

If only I could get them to work on my install... :mad:

Right now I went back to Arma2 tools, they work just as well, but (if the publisher tool is the only way to upload to Steam) the steam version of the mod won't be available right away, sorry...

If only I could get them to work on my install... :mad:

Right now I went back to Arma2 tools, they work just as well, but (if the publisher tool is the only way to upload to Steam) the steam version of the mod won't be available right away, sorry...

Good thing is the publisher tool is a standalone program, I'll PM it to you.

Hi haleks, after you referenced Frank Herbert's "The White Plague" as an inspiration for Ravage....i have been glued to my Kindle for the last few days...awesome read...thanks ;)

• Like 1

Hi haleks, after you referenced Frank Herbert's "The White Plague" as an inspiration for Ravage....i have been glued to my Kindle for the last few days...awesome read...thanks ;)

So, now you know why

there's no women in Arma3

! ;)

I'm glad I could get someone to discover this novel : Herbert has written plenty of excellent ones besides the Dune cycle.

If you guys enjoyed the claustrophobic ambiance of the "Das Boot" movie, you must read "The Dragon in the Sea"!

By the way, (I didn't want to say it but I can't resist) I've sent the RC build to Bossmann for testing...

• Like 1

By the way, (I didn't want to say it but I can't resist) I've sent the RC build to Bossmann for testing...

Don't worry....i won't tell a soul. ;) 

Really looking forward for this one haleks.

Factions was the bomb for Arma2 now this for Arma3 this gonna be good.

Waiting with anticipation.

PS I can also test out somethings if you like wink wink  :D 

Hi guys!

A quick update about the mod development : I'm making a few last minute changes & tweaking, but sadly I couldn't find the time to work on it this week.

I'll do my best to finish those this week-end; if all goes well, the first release could occur within two weeks.

Bossmann doesn't seem to be reporting too many glitches (unless he's too busy to play ^^), so I expect the first public version to be quite solid and have more time for the next plans! ;)

Cheers!

• Like 5

I have been playing, it is very much working as intended, only changes that could be done are cosmetic really.

• Like 2

And... here we go!

The first post has been updated with the download link : remember that the mod is far from complete and that all supported addons are optional.

The first release only demonstrate the free-roam part of the mod, also note that the current introduction is a placeholder and will change once a proper story is added.

I will take some time to write a few things about the mission-making part of the mod, meanwhile if you have any questions, shoot!

Have fun fellas!

• Like 3

Hi haleks,   Congrats for first version release.....can't wait to try this out.  ;)