Sign in to follow this  
Kingsley1997

Need some ideas on side perks / objectives

So basically I'm building a mission where blufor own the main airbase on altis, and players can request deployments, which they're persistently tied to and must complete their tour. On tour they clear towns, where both civilians and enemies will be.

The blufor objective is simple, but for the opfor I want to make it feel like they're insurgents and not just soldiers, perhaps more like the Taliban.

What mission features / objectives would you give the opfor to achieve this?

The country is at war. An endless war. OPFOR fights to overthrow the current gov. (guarded by AAF) and reign Altis. They're against civilians helping AAF and drops every hostile on sight.

This is a mind map I made a while back. Might help you in your little adventure. It's more oriented towards on-the-fly Zeus created missions

?ui=2&ik=1c0a39fd59&view=fimg&th=14dd93e7b1a3a83e&attid=0.2&disp=emb&realattid=ii_iap3wycs0_14dd7b21cd1b4732&attbid=ANGjdJ8pSom0xRGtLIk5uSO52GXkFmGCwMGrERpDLzEgeKW-ub5QJmi5gwC-FiDYmhzR0gnv8IXa5sO0RBA9S8mqalzUsX-DEiKuh8xGGRRl3sYH39T3RFi6dEj0pAo&sz=w1124-h806&ats=1437550149178&rm=14dd93e7b1a3a83e&zw&atsh=1

Maybe I misread it, but there's so much stuff one could do in a scenario like this,

are you really unable to come up with your own ideas?

Make OPFOR defend ammo crates in random buildings, spawn opfor as civilians to hide between AI civs and give them sleeper actions (spawn them as civilians with an addweapon addaction to engage blufor on sight etc)

Mind lower difficulties here, where player can see unit tags.

Really lots of potential in asymmetric warfare.

Cheers

Thanks for the ideas, I love the one with the sleeper action, that I'll definitely do.