DAGGER ARMANET

Sikorsky S-97 Raider - EARLY WIP

Well I would imagine that with a Bambino arriving soon. Opsixdelta has other priorities. May be a while.

Hey all sorry its been awhile since the last update, but I am here to give you a heads up on where things are at and to reply to a few messages. First off the Raider is still in very active development, there was a few stops and starts because me and my wife just had a baby about 2 weeks ago. But i am not the only one working on this, two others are working on different aspects of the mod so there were a few scheduling issues but all is working fine now and we are back to progressing towards the mods Alpha release hopefully soonish. I have never given a date for the alpha or beta release simply because we are attempting to get the pusher prop to be a functional thing and with ARMA 3s flight model its proving to be tricky but progress is being made.

Maybe you can have the tail prop work like an afterburner, or make it damageable, and when it is damage its doomed to a life of regular choppering 

Something like this yes. However we are trying to maintain certain helo flight characteristics so its challenging.

Hi Opsixdelta,

guess I overlooked this topic anytime???!!!...what a shame...!  :o 

Great work so far and what a flying monster. It is beautiful to behold.

I´m looking forward to this masterpiece!

Greetings
McLupo

Thanks ! glad you are looking forward to it.

I would guess that without the pusher prop you are probably maxing out in the 160 knot range. Think 240 knots is okay for a small external weapons load but if you go with a big rocket pod version you are likely to max out 10 to 15 knots slower.

Also to get max speeds you have to fly with cargo doors closed. Not sure we're the max power point would be for doors open, but in real world much over 150 knots you are flailing the troops in back. Any jump masters around to confirm?

Exactly, we are playing with those numbers and it will have alot to do with payload and which variant is being flown. We are (fictionally) creating a couple variants.

http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2015/10/a-walk-around-sikorsky-raider-contender-for-worlds-fastest-military-copter/

I found this on the web today, there are some good shots of the raider, including the cockpit and the passanger bay.

AWESOME, cockpit is in heavy heavy development at the moment so these are great references to add to our pile . Thanks so much

I'm so excited for this mod. Just found it and I would love to offer up my body and soul to be a tester

Once the Alpha version is released there will be suggestion and feedback thread on another site for everyone who is testing.

Well I would imagine that with a Bambino arriving soon. Opsixdelta has other priorities. May be a while.

haha Exactly. bambino has arrived and has 100 percent of MY attention at the moment. Luckily what is currently being worked on with the mod is being done by a friend of mine. So progress continues. 

• Like 4

Could you add Degas Static Parachute mod natively to this? Parachutes non-steerable.Just needs a menu/Green light or soo.Very hand ,indeed.

Congrats !

Hey !

Any new pics for you'r mods :D ?

I like this little copter but i hate him because he go replace the most beautiful copter of the us army .... the Black Hawk *-* <3

• Like 2

Hey !

Any new pics for you'r mods :D ?

I like this little copter but i hate him because he go replace the most beautiful copter of the us army .... the Black Hawk *-* <3

Thanks for the continued interest.

The mod is definitely still in development. The reason its been quiet a few months is that in the last 3 months i have  A. became a father,  B. Moved to a different state,  C. got married, D. started a new job. So its been nuts to say the least but the mod is definitely in active development. There have been a few changest to the pipeline but its really all about the flight model at this point. We are working on a few things, learning some tricks, and figuring out how to best represent the unique abilities of this helo within ARMAs engine. And with the apex expansion we may get some new bells and whistles to help us.

I will try to post image updates this week or weekend. its def made progress.

• Like 5

The mod is definitely still in development. The reason its been quiet a few months is that in the last 3 months i have  A. became a father,  B. Moved to a different state,  C. got married, D. started a new job. So its been nuts to say the least but the mod is definitely in active development. There have been a few changest to the pipeline but its really all about the flight model at this point. We are working on a few things, learning some tricks, and figuring out how to best represent the unique abilities of this helo within ARMAs engine. And with the apex expansion we may get some new bells and whistles to help us.

Congratz on All the things up there we can congratulate you for!

Just take it easy, as always RL come before the VL ;) we can wait for this beauty (As a wise man once said All beautiful things need time to grow)

• Like 2

Congratz on All the things up there we can congratulate you for!

Just take it easy, as always RL come before the VL ;) we can wait for this beauty (As a wise man once said All beautiful things need time to grow)

Thats not how it works mate, Virtual Life always goes above Real Life, you should know that! ;) ;)

Congrats on all the things stated above, and i deffo cant wait to see this bird in all its glory.

Keep it up!

BTW: will there be an closed alpha test, somewhere along the pipeline?

A lot of good things for you ! Congrats :D

Take all the time you need :)

Awesome looking forward to it 

Very glad to hear that the Raider is still in development.  Heck, the arrival of the bambino alone is enough to keep you busy, but wow! you went for the trifecta!  So recommend: a. keep Mamma happy b. keep the baby happy c. keep the boss happy, and somewhere down near g. or h. comes us grumblers yammering for your mod.

Standing by to assist when you need it.

• Like 1

Very glad to hear that the Raider is still in development.  Heck, the arrival of the bambino alone is enough to keep you busy, but wow! you went for the trifecta!  So recommend: a. keep Mamma happy b. keep the baby happy c. keep the boss happy, and somewhere down near g. or h. comes us grumblers yammering for your mod.

Standing by to assist when you need it.

Haha yeah very very true. And the mod was really only ever on hiatus for about a month and a half, so not too much of a break but it was more of a slowing down of development. The trickiest part is the flight model of course. But hopefully not too long from today I will start getting this bird to a few arma helo enthusiasts out there to start a closed testing cycle. From there make revisions and then release an alpha. 

Haha yeah very very true. And the mod was really only ever on hiatus for about a month and a half, so not too much of a break but it was more of a slowing down of development. The trickiest part is the flight model of course. But hopefully not too long from today I will start getting this bird to a few arma helo enthusiasts out there to start a closed testing cycle. From there make revisions and then release an alpha. 

How are you selecting those people :rolleyes: haha. Looks awesome. Ive been excited for this. Flight model will be really tricky. I wonder if you could have it something like how the MV-22 flight model is set up but heavily modified so you could have that main prop pushing the helicopter up and the rear prop pushing forward working at the same time. Not sure if that makes sense, but thats my thought. haha. Anyway, congrats and great work

How are you selecting those people :rolleyes:

I was actually about to ask the same thing,

Wow you have done a lot in a short amount of time...New baby,marriage,house,job..You humans and your so called "lives"..Yarr-all I need is me Arma3 and a CPU to steer her by.

• Like 4

Good luck on the Project ! Looks like now with Apex Vtol additions the flight model would have a great sum0 to base the aircraft.cfg files off of that will actually function and work.  

Bumping you to the top for a period so this gets some more eyes on. 

On 4/29/2019 at 10:40 AM, MSpc.DeadPixel said:

Is this still beein worked on? if not, is it a way Me and another guy can finish it ? ofc credited you for the model.

The FVL Team has taken over work on the Raider.  If you are interested in helping I would recommend you PM the thread owner over there.  Might be willing to have some assistance.