Sign in to follow this  
Ranwer135

Storing & Returning data in a ListBox selection?

Hey guys,

I want to be able to store data such as a classname (e.g. magazine) in a selection. Once the button is clicked, it will detect if a data name matches the selected and then it will remove the stored classname off a player. :confused:

Here is my code for adding the selection:

_config = configfile >> "CfgMagazines" >> _item >> "displayName";
If ("DSS_CanisterFuel_Filled_F" in magazines player) then
{
_item = "DSS_CanisterFuel_Filled_F";
_selName = lbAdd [1500, getText _config];
lbSetData [1500,_selName, "isUse"];
};
If ("DSS_CanisterFuel_Empty_F" in magazines player) then
{
_item = "DSS_CanisterFuel_Empty_F";
_selName = lbAdd [1500, getText _config];
lbSetData [1500,_selName, "isUse"];

};

Here is the code for checking if the data matches:

_index = lbCurSel 1500;
_data = lbData [1500,_index];

if (_data isEqualTo "isUse") then
{
hint format ["%1", _data];
player removeMagazine _item;
};

They may not work, but you can see what I am trying to do. (Since it's going to add multiple selections, I want the button to perform one check, not multiple checks. Therefore avoiding performance lag)

Thanks,

Rawner135

Edited by Ranwer

whats your question now?

whats your question now?

Darn, didnt realise I had the icon up there.. I'll contact moderator to remove thread icon.

Any ideas?!? :confused:

Hi Ranwer,

Why are you storing "isUse" in the list box? You could put each of the class names into the list box data instead:

lbSetData [1500, _selName, _item];

Basically, I want data to match either "isFood", "isWater" or "isUse". Once the data matches, it does the specific action. (Again, this is to avoid script lag)

The problem is, the 2 scripts can't pass over the classname to remove magazine because its local. (If I use global, it won't look pretty..)

I also cant seem to get the index of lbAdd as well. :confused: (thought about "isEqualTo" and "lbCurSel", they obviously don't work for adding items)

So you need to add both "inUse" and the class name to the list box?

Well I want to be able to have my items belong in a data known as "isUse", and have the selected item that matches the data, to remove the selected item's magazine. (DayZ mod has done this technique before, i.e. "ui_SelectSlot.sqf"), but they used gearSlotdata to get the magazine in order to remove it.

Well I want to be able to have my items belong in a data known as "isUse", and have the selected item that matches the data, to remove the selected item's magazine. (DayZ mod has done this technique before, i.e. "ui_SelectSlot.sqf"), but they used gearSlotdata to get the magazine in order to remove it.
hmm, sounds like your taking a more difficult route then may be needed. using the "configName" command will return the classname and if you need to save it there is always "setVariable" command. thats what i did anyway. not sure if thats what you're looking for or if it helps bud.

_idc = ctrlIDC (_this select 0);          
_selectedIndex = _this select 1;          
_data = lbData[_idc,lbCurSel _idc];
_type = "";
_conf = configFile >> "cfgMagazines" >> _data;
_type = "cfgMagazines";
if (!isClass _conf) then {_conf = configFile >> "cfgWeapons" >> _data; _type = "cfgWeapons"};
_name = configName (_conf);
player setVariable ["inventorySelected",_name];