Sign in to follow this  
commandercaleb

How can I make an AI leader issue certain commands?

I'm trying to make a team leader tell all his soldiers to "stop", i've tried searching for answers but I couldn't find any.

If I could get a script to put into a way point or even the leader him self that would be much appreciated

EDIT: Also I would like a "Find Cover" script that can be issued as well if possible, thank you!

Edited by CommanderCaleb

Hi Caleb

commandStop sounds like it might be what you're after:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/commandStop

This will issue the stop order in conjunction with an audible command, as opposed to doStop which is silent.

Let me know if you are unsure how or where to use this command.

---------- Post added at 19:36 ---------- Previous post was at 19:31 ----------

As for finding cover, I do not see a command to order units to find cover such as you might do using the command menu in game.

You could experiment with a waypoint.

Setting waypoint type to something like HOLD with COMBAT behaviour would likely cause units to move to cover, or you could set to STEALTH if you wanted them to take cover and try not to be detected

Do I just paste that into a waypoint or in the group leader him self? Still a bit confused, not the most talented with the editor

Placing commandStop unitName in the on act field of the waypoint at which you want the order issued will achieve this.

This will mean that the following will be called when the waypoint is 'completed' (when units reach the waypoint in the case of MOVE waypoints)

commandStop unitname

You will have to decide how you then want to move your units to the next location though.

In place of unit name type the name of the leader of the group you want to stop, and he will order units under his control to stop

• Like 1