Sign in to follow this  
mihikle

Triggers

Hi all,

I'm trying to make a Trigger for securing an objective in a PvP A&D style mission. It will play a sound from the vanilla game and display a hint. I've got my trigger settings as "SEIZED BY BLUFOR", "PRESENT", "REPEATEDLY", and basically that fires off the trigger whenever blufor have seized the area, are present, and it does it repeatedly.

However, that keeps firing off the sound and hint, after it's been secured and the first hint and sound already played if blufor are still in the trigger area. What I'm after is for the trigger to fire once blufor have cleared the trigger area, but if they are then still in the area, the trigger does not fire. If they leave the area and return, it will go off again.

Can anyone help me with this one?

Set a time limit. After say 10 seconds if the troops remain in the trigger area, the trigger deactivates.

in the condition field use: time > 10 after 10 seconds the trigger should stop firing.

Tried using Time > 10 in the Condition field, that essentially turned it into a 'once' trigger.

I need the trigger to fire once, then once blufor have left the trigger area it is able to fire off again.

You can use two triggers

Name the first tr1

seized by BLUFOR, repeating

on act alarmstart = time

don't set any effects

Now place a second trigger

size 0,0 , repeating

con triggerActivated tr1 and (time - alarmstart) < 10

set your sound and text effect here.

The 10 determines how long the alarm will sound for and you can also copy the second trigger several times to spread the sound around