Sign in to follow this  
sodien

Odd heli behavior

As of latest patch, seemlingly at random a landed heli will raise collective when landed and start to float. Am I missing something?

The hows:

It happens when I have landed, I as I always do hold down 'Down Collective' for a few sec to make sure that the heli is stable on the ground and will not float or skid. Then without no apparent input it will start floating, I can be in map, trying to write a chat message or even 'ESC' out into the options menu.

So if anything changed or I am being a dumb please enlighten me.

How often does it happens? I haven't seen this behavior yet, though admittedly I have only played half an hour of helicopter after 1.48.

Also, the usual question, do you have any mod running at the time?

I use CBA, shacktack stamina and the radar/compass thingy. And I haven't remapped the keys since I last flew 10ish daysago (was fine then).

Replication: Land in a slope with minimal elevation a few degrees should be enough. Hold Z as you always do after touching down. Don't press any button what soever. Within a moment you can hear the engine sound alter a bit and you will start skidding. Tested with hummingbird and hellcat on 2 different missions.

Had a friend try to replicate it successfully.

It seems like the thing that earlier "locked" the collective on down when you had landed stopped working.