Sign in to follow this  
keitherson

Arma missions on a grand scale?

I prefer to play arma on a larger scale, as if it were an entire war taking place on the whole island, not just a skirmish or a small operation. Few misions are able to create the feeling that you are just a pawn in a large war, or that you are in command of a whole army. The only one i found that did a good job of feeling like a war is Antistasi Altis (which i highly recommend) http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?187914-SP-CO8-A-3-Antistasi-Altis.

I want to know if any of you have found any missions that you felt did a good job of this and what your thoughts are on large scale missions.

Also, if any of you are interested in working with me (very good knowledge on the editor, limited knowledge on scripting etc.) on making our own mission to publish that would be pretty cool.

Have you messed with the ALive mod at all? Pretty covers the whole army fighting on an island vibe. Give it a shot or try some of user made ones featuring Alive until you get the hang of it.

Thanks! i have had alive installed for a while but i never realized it changed anything in the editor, it seems to add a lot of options for AI. I will also try some of the community missions using ALive now.

can you suggest a couple missions which are consistent battles with ALIVE please :)

I can only recommend invade&annex on ahoy servers.60 players and combined arms game.Tanks, aircrafts, helicopter

everything you desire is there.It doesn't require any mods (like alive).And it's public.

It's coop however (players vs AI)

I've played EUTW quite a bit, it's sometimes large scale and sometimes small scale depending on the mission the server selects. It doesn't utilize the whole map, but with the right teamwork it can feel like a huge objective.

http://www.eutw.net/

I've played EUTW quite a bit, it's sometimes large scale and sometimes small scale depending on the mission the server selects. It doesn't utilize the whole map, but with the right teamwork it can feel like a huge objective.

http://www.eutw.net/

This. My best battles have always been on this server. Epic moments too, and sheer feeling all out Warfare. One time i tasked my Squad ANVIL to protect Objective Hill 937 or something like that, the one by Agios Dyanosias or what ever, and we ended up holding out until they starte sending in Armor, and then we were counter sniping and then here comes an AH-99, and we were literally hiding in bushes, and i remember one of us got spotted, and we just listened to him dodging HE rounds from the AH-99's cannon. IT was great, still is. So pumped for EUTW in the South Pacific next year.

I used to love playing Benny Warfare in Arma 2. Definitely my favorite. Hell, I enjoyed playing it with just the ai. It felt like a larger war, and could use the entire map. I know there have been some similar CTI missions made in the same vein for Arma 3, but none of them have recaptured that feeling for me. The closest I come is Antistasi Altis, and WLA Amalgamation. Those two would have to be my favorite for Arma 3.

If you're into CTI, you can also give Warlords a go (see my signature).

@Jezuro: Wow, how have I missed that in workshop all this time? I can't wait to give it a try.